Start by marking “Bakuman, Volume 4: Phone Call and the Night Before (Bakuman, #4)” as Want to Read:
Bakuman, Volume 4: Phone Call and the Night Before (Bakuman, #4)

Bakuman, Volume 4: Phone Call and the Night Before (Bakuman #4)

4.23 of 5 stars 4.23  ·  rating details  ·  1,213 ratings  ·  38 reviews
Average student Moritaka Mashiro enjoys drawing for fun. When his classmate and aspiring writer Akito Takagi discovers his talent, he begs Moritaka to team up with him as a manga-creating duo. But what exactly does it take to make it in the manga-publishing world?

When Akito is unable to come up with a storyboard within the time frame he promised, Moritaka decides to break
Published April 19th 2011 by VIZ Media LLC (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Bakuman, Volume 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bakuman, Volume 4

Blue Exorcist, Vol. 1 by Kazue KatoBlack Butler, Vol. 05 by Yana TobosoOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 17 by Bisco HatoriNaruto, Vol. 51 by Masashi KishimotoHighschool of the Dead, Vol. 1 by Daisuke Sato
Manga realeased in America in 2011
30th out of 73 books — 51 voters
Death Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaOuran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 by Bisco HatoriFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1 by Hiromu ArakawaBleach Volume 01 by Tite Kubo
Best Manga Books
187th out of 433 books — 330 voters

More lists with this book...

David Schaafsma
This is a volume full of action as Mashiro and Takagi compete for the Gold Future Cup in order to get a chance to get a serialization in Shonen Jump. Because of its focus on action, the intensity ramps up and I am actually less interested in what goes on, ironically. We do get to know (and like) much of the chief competition, so that's pretty interesting, at least. Girlfriend Miho, who is working on her career to become an anime voice actress, continues their agreement to not get together until ...more
Chia
3.5

"Saiko: You're necessary for me"
"Shujin: Saiko...*stares intently*"

uhuuhhhh~ The bromance is subtle on this one. xD
Chivitouille

Esta historia no hace más que mejorar y mejorar, los personajes resultan geniales, entretenidos y la incorporación de nuevos personajes no hace más que enriquecer aún más la trama ya de por si interesante.
Después de tomar su decisión, Mashiro elige ser mangaka por su cuenta y ha Takagi no le queda más que aceptarlo, todo esto como resultado de que había decidido que si antes de terminar las vacaciones de verano Takagi no tenía alguna historia lista, iba a emprender el camino sin él. Aquí el prob
Mike
My main review, that applies to most of the series, can be found here. It's much better than this one.

Overall, I'm not finding much to say about this volume. There's no outstanding misogyny to complain about this time - apart from an annoying panty shot scene - and Eiji doesn't do much, so no fangirling ensues.

I will say that the beginning of this volume was definitely weaker than what we've seen so far. Having Mashiro and Tagaki split up felt like a gimmick - and a weak one at that - to keep th
Ruba AlTurki
Chapter's :26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34 .
The Ashirogi Muto team broke up ! Saiko decides to work with a mystery manga alone , but then Hattori tells Shujin about that ...
Saiko & Shujin reveal to eachother what he was doing, and fixed their problems ,and they decided to work together for the mystrey in secret away from Hattori .
Shujin recieved boxes of Mystery novels and DVDs from Hattori, and Myioshi decided to work with him , and Saiko & Shujin finished eight chapters, and showed them to
Sarah Lu
Lazybum00
I really like that crazy mangaka guy, he's awesome! Wish I could like the MCs more but they're just...not as awesome (though they are). Can't help but feel like the VA girl isn't really getting anywhere, I mean she can't sing and it looks like she was accepted just because she's cute...don't really like her, esp considering all the work the two MCs are putting into their dreams
Sakura Yue Michaelis
Honestly I don't care a bit about Azuki and Mashiro. In fact, and this is an issue I found in some shounen, girls are kind of irritating and totally irrelevant to the story. Ok, not irrelevant, but they are by far the least interesting characters and completely useless.

But Niizuma has completely won me over, and although he barely has any scenes here, they were the best.

Mayday
"Aku jadi sadar, aku butuh Shuujin."

"Saiko..."

Udah kalian jadian sekalian :v

Seperti biasanya, paduan mangaka dan penulis ini selalu manga yang banyak tulisannya, karena slow reader, baca satu jam juga gak selesai.
Hokay, next volume!
Muhammad Irfan
Perjuangan Ashirogi Muto ( Mashiro & Takagi) terus berlanjut, kini mereka harus berjuang dalam Golden Future Cup guna mengejar impian mereka, serialisasi Manga. Mereka yang sebelumnya bersitegang gegara kegalauan Takagi terhadap Mashiro akan ia menerima idenya tentang Komik detektif justru membuat mereka membuat cerita yang berhasil membuat mereka diikutkan Editor dalam Kejuaraan Golden Future Cup melawan Fukuda, Nakai dan Koji dan Mangaka lainnya.

Anyway, Miho sedikit lagi jadi Seiyuu benera
Eliseu
Let me guess. In the next volume Miho will do the photobook she doesn't want to (or does she)... Something bad will probably happen because of that. Some conflict or whatever.
Mingo Johnson
The main characters dreams begin to unfold but will they be able to compete with their rivals? Let's find out.
Rajab Al-mukarrom
aku nobatkan jadi manga favoritku nih dari Shonen Jump! :)
Reed Raab
Aug 12, 2011 Reed Raab rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Reed by: Steve
Shelves: manga, owned, reviewed
The dynamic duo of Mashiro and Takagi are back to being Muto Ashirogi and are ready to take on the Gold Future Cup in order to get a chance to get a serialization in Shonen Jump. It is interesting to see the break down of how the rookie cup works, what the votes mean, and how it determines the ranks of all the manga in one issue. The tension mounts as they race against the clock in order to get their storyboards in on time and then the waiting game they have to play as their fate is decided by t ...more
Shannon
Great volume! Definitely like the way the story is turning out. Also, there's less of the stupid "we'll marry once our dreams come true" bullshit in this one.
Eveymorgan
Nota: 4.5
Charlie Chouinard
This is a very exciting book in the series!! Full of lots of action and a bit of intersecting stories from the other characters and their manga stories of choice.
Plus our main guys love interest has a moral dilemma as she wishes to push her voice acting career forward. Lots of "..." is happening, filling volume 5 with tuns of potential.
C.D. Reimer
Less fan service than the previous volume with Kaya flashing her panties a few times. The boys are gearing up to compete with the other rookie manga artists for a contest and a shot at their own weekly series. Miho hits a bump with her singing career when the job demands more of her looks than her voice.
Kawtar
Woohoo i'm so happy for Mashiro and Tagaki for getting serialized .. woot woot Finally . I'm really enjoying this manga, very different from what i'm used to. And that Niizuma Eiiji Cracks me up (although i'm very suspicious of him u_u )
Can't wait to read the next volumes :D :D :D
Child960801
I'm still enjoying these books. I think their editor has a point and that they should wait until they are out of high school before getting a series. Also, I think that the whole, "wait until we accomplish our dream to be together" thing is silly.
Douglas Cootey
This series continues to impress me with it's high attention to detail, engaging characters, top notch artwork, and practical but entertaining exposé on the amount of work involved in making manga for a living. Yes, it's a fantasy, but I love it.
Fiore777
I love this series for the way it looks into the manga creation process past even the mangaka. The different personalities of the editors along the way along with what they also have to do make for a very interesting series.
Jessica
This series really is something special. Probably because it is a fun exploration of the manga industry, so it is grounded in reality. There are plenty of fantastic elements to enjoy as well.
Irwan
..it is a drama. almost like a soap opera. but enjoyable as much as informative about manga publishing world. ohba and obata is good at the twists and turns of plots.
2bnallegory
The competition for the Future Gold Cup, and for a chance at a series.
Remains a good story and the art is amazing, with all the details.
Rebecca Colton
The series so far is one of the most engaging stories I have read when I comes to manga.
Jocelyne
So good! I was smiling from ear to ear when they got the news! But... who's the new guy?
Nicole
Wow. I can't believe how ADDICTIVE this series is! I am so loving it.
Sean
Jan 25, 2012 Sean rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
It's a battle manga that isn't a battle manga, but just as exciting.
Sharon sumanti
Manado is soooo left behind from it's latest manga T__T
  • Beelzebub, Vol. 02: 2 Women (Beelzebub, #2)
  • One Piece, Bd.25, Der ist 100 Mille wert! (One Piece, #25)
  • Bunny Drop 3 (Bunny Drop, #3)
  • Kimi ni Todoke: From Me to You, Vol. 06
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 07 (Yotsuba&! #7)
  • DRRR!! Durarara!! 2 (Durarara!! Manga, #2)
1978
Tsugumi Ohba (大場 つぐみ Ōba Tsugumi?, born in Tokyo, Japan) is a writer best known for the manga Death Note. His real identity is a closely guarded secret. As stated by the profile placed at the beginning of each Death Note manga, Ohba collects teacups and develops manga plots while holding his knees on a chair, similar to a habit of L, one of the main characters of the series.

There is speculation th
More about Tsugumi Ohba...

Bakuman (1 - 10 of 20 books)
  • Bakuman, Band 1: Traum und Realität
  • Bakuman, Volume 2: Chocolate and Akamaru (Bakuman, #2)
  • Bakuman, Volume 3: Debüt und Ungeduld
  • Bakuman, Volume 5: Yearbook and Photobook
  • Bakuman, Volume 6: Recklessness and Guts
  • Bakuman, Volume 7: Gag and Serious
  • Bakuman, Volume 8: Panty Shot and Savior
  • Bakuman, Volume 9: Talent and Pride
  • Bakuman, Volume 10: Imagination and Presentation (Bakuman, #10)
  • バクマン。 11
Death Note, Vol. 1: Boredom (Death Note, #1) Death Note, Vol. 2: Confluence (Death Note, #2) Death Note, Vol. 3: Hard Run (Death Note, #3) Death Note, Vol. 4: Love (Death Note, #4) Death Note, Vol. 5: Whiteout (Death Note, #5)