Start by marking “The Seventh Dwarf (Artemis Fowl #1.5)” as Want to Read:
The Seventh Dwarf (Artemis Fowl #1.5)

The Seventh Dwarf (Artemis Fowl #1.5)

3.88  ·  Rating Details ·  3,179 Ratings  ·  74 Reviews
Mulch Diggums, a dwarf on the run from the Lower Elements Police, is trying to get his hands on the priceless Fei Fei tiara. But stealing it seems too easy. That's because it is too easy. Artemis Fowl, the legendary twelve-year-old criminal mastermind, has set him up. He needs Mulch's help...

This is an Eoin Colfer's fantastic new Artemis adventure especially for World Book

Published 2004 by Puffin

To ask other readers questions about The Seventh Dwarf, please sign up.

Dory Ann Grey Hi, I've read this one several years ago, but as far as I can remember, it's great as any other book from Artemis Fowl series. It's fun as always with…moreHi, I've read this one several years ago, but as far as I can remember, it's great as any other book from Artemis Fowl series. It's fun as always with good old Mulch Diggums, so go for it :-)(less)

Leah
Jun 02, 2008 Leah rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Artemis Fowl, Eoin Colfer Fans
Recommended to Leah by: Artemis Fowl Masterminds
Okay Artemis Fowl fans, this is a SHORT STORY!! And by SHORT I mean short! It totals 59 pages!!- that's it! If you are a big fan it's worth reading but make sure that if you are purchasing it online as I did, that you don't pay too much since it's dinky!!
Jul 17, 2008 Laura rated it liked it
I actually read this as part of the Artemis Fowl Files book, along with another short story (I forgot the name) about how Holly Short got to be the first female LEPrecon agent. It's pretty much in keeping with the other books, fun and well-written.
Phoebe
Oct 01, 2012 Phoebe rated it it was amazing
Ah, Artemis. You never disappoint. Even when you sneak a min-adventure (by your standards) between two books. Well dressed and well written, as usual.
Abbie
Aug 30, 2016 Abbie rated it liked it
Cute little story about Mulch Diggums... get it? He digs, and likes mulch. Love it.
He attempts to steal the tiara, but if it seems to easy, it usually is. Artemis has a surprise in store for him...
Would recommend to 10-16 year olds.
R
Mar 08, 2013 R rated it it was amazing
Shelves: eoin-colfer
Love it! I don't think it's possible to have too much Artemis Fowl. Or too much Eoin Colfer, for that matter! :)
Stacey
Mar 13, 2009 Stacey rated it it was amazing
Oooohhh, I had no idea there was another Artemis book/story! It's an import, so I'll have to order it online. It turns out that it's included in The Artemis Fowl Files.
cipher
May 23, 2016 cipher rated it liked it
Shelves: nostalgia, series
Ahmed  Ejaz
Jan 06, 2017 Ahmed Ejaz rated it really liked it
Shelves: amazing-efforts, 2017
Artemis Always Has a Plan B!!!!!

This story is about a robbery of a diamond. Artemis teams up with Mulch, dwarf who is also a thief, for the robbery.

Well, this was really short. I didn't see any point in the story that could relate to the series. I am not saying it was a waste-of-time read. But I thought it was the part of this series.
Anyways, it was a good read for me.
Gail Thompson
Apr 07, 2015 Gail Thompson rated it it was amazing
This is a short book written for world book day and available to children for just a pound or free with a book token received from school. It is part of a set of books about the character of Artemis Fowl. Artemis is a boy whose father is missing. Nobody has been able to find him. Artemis cannot accept that his father is gone, and being highly intelligent, sets about finding his father by himself. He also wants to do something for his mother, who is devastated by the disappearance of his father, ...more
Amy
Sep 26, 2016 Amy rated it really liked it
I love extra stories!
Sophie
24/04/16
A lovely novella set in the world of Artemis Fowl. It was great to see more of Mulch and the dwarves. The ending was cute.

EDIT 30/04/16 - I have since re-read the second Artemis Fowl book (The Arctic Incident) and I'm not convinced that this story fits into the series as neatly as first appears. In this novella Artemis and Mulch meet for the first time.
Mulch shook his head. He knew who this boy was. They had battled before, just not face to face. [...] "I know who you are, Mud Boy. Yo
Mark O'Neill
Jan 19, 2012 Mark O'Neill rated it it was amazing
My favourite character in the Artemis Fowl series is without a doubt Mulch Diggums and this little book (it's only 59 pages which took me 45 minutes to read), which was specially written for World Book Day, is a Mulch Diggums special. It more or less concentrates on him as he attempts to steal a priceless tiara and gets set up by Artemis Fowl in the process.[return][return]After catching Diggums attempting to steal what later turns out to be a fake tiara, Fowl then recruits Diggums to steal the ...more
Sarah Seasor
Mar 01, 2015 Sarah Seasor rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novel
The short novel "Artemis Fowl: The Seventh Dwarf" by Eion Colfer is one of the novels from the Artemis Foul series. The story focuses on a dwarf named Mulch Diggums who is after the Fei Fei tiara, but Artemis Fowl ( a 12 year old criminal) has other plans for him. This quick read is from a fantasy series and had quite the plot twist. Although i have never been drawn to the fantasy genre for novels, i enjoyed this short book. Reading it without knowing any background from the series was kind of d ...more
Lt Thompson
Oct 03, 2012 Lt Thompson rated it really liked it
Shelves: popular-series
This thriller adventure kept me on my toes from start to finish. The cover of the novel is just a hint onto what the book is about. This is the story of an adventure between a dwarf, Mulch, and Artemis Fowl, a 12-year-old criminal, in sight to steal the Fei Fei tiara. Artemis has a feeling that Mulch wants to steal the tiara too, and knows that to successfully steal it he will need Mulch’s help. The two make a plan to steal from Sergei and the Significants, who stole the tiara first, but come in ...more
Aleczander Leon
In this book, Artemis has discovered that the time spell cast over Hybras is beginning to go bad and that demons will soon be thrown through time to certain death. Artemis sets out to help the fairy world fix this problem, but is sidetracked when Minerva, a young girl as intelligent as Artemis, kidnaps a demon to earn a Nobel Prize for herself.Artemis, Holly, and Butler follow the Paradizos to Naples where they plan to break into theirza secured home to rescue the demon. However, in the process ...more
Daisy
What a good short story! I wasn't really expecting much from this, particularly not the really cute ending! Awwww. It was super great to be back with Artemis and the gang, having finished the series a while ago, but I would recommend reading this after the first book, where it takes place chronologically. I can't exactly remember where the story was at this point but it seemed like quite an important moment in Artemis and Mulch's relationship, so if you're an Artemis Fowl fan (especially if you ...more
Writerlibrarian
Very short novella that establishes a professional relationship between Artemis Fowl and Mulch Diggums when Mulch on the trail of a very special tiara ends up stealing it for Fowl. Short but not uninteresting. It gives the reader background on an interesting character, Mulch, on how he operated, where is loyalty lies.

Artemis' character is still vague and one note, he's a genius master criminal. Holly Short's character doesn't really grow in this, the focus is almost completely on Mulch and that
Leensey
Sep 17, 2013 Leensey rated it really liked it
Shelves: espionage
ARTEMIS X HOLLY EXISTS NO MATTER WHAT!

okay that was random. but this gave a brilliant back story about how Holly became a part of LEP and about a time when the world of the People and Artemis Fowl collided once again.

My favorite part would be the interview though, because... because...my Artemis x Holly feels. Yeah. whatever. I still think there's something out there, and it's not just friendship. Period.
Rachel
This is a short and (truly) sweet--but also evil genius-y--episode in the story of the the young criminal mastermind Artemis Fowl and his interactions with the Fairies and the Lower Elements Police. It takes place shortly after their first adventure together in Artemis Fowl.

I have to admit, the ending warmed my heart. I'm smiling now just thinking about it.
Nathan
Jan 01, 2013 Nathan rated it really liked it
I read this in the The Artemis Fowl Files and so i didn't rate it at first. I read the description and realized that I had read this earlier. It was good but instead of buying it, get the The Artemis Fowl Files because this is SO short.
Robert
May 31, 2009 Robert rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Colfer fans
This is a World Book Day book, containing a single short story of about 60 pages in length. The story primarily feature Mulch Diggums but Artemis and Holly are involved. It's a pleasant enough amusing diversion but offers nothing that the Artemis Fowl novels don't. Since you won't find it except second hand or via an internet search I would suggest it is for die-hard Fowl fans only.
Carlos Burga
Aug 06, 2016 Carlos Burga rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy, fiction
Eoin Cofer’s Artemis Fowl series reminded me how much I love a good fantasy series. He sucks the reader in and weaves a story that does not let go, making for a non-stop reading fest like only a good fantasy novel can supply. My only regret is that I only became aware of the series when I had already grown up and had to suffer the weird stares that people give to adults reading YA material.
E.J. Hagadorn
Dec 12, 2013 E.J. Hagadorn rated it liked it
It disrupts the canon of the series a bit, though for all I know it may not be canonical, and I found a few typos in the copy I read.
Still, it was a fun little adventure with Eoin's characters. Definitely worth it.
Megan D.
I can not belive there isnt an Artemis Fowl book that i havent read yet.. I looked ALL OVER to find this book.. its not in the library.. its not at barnes and noble... i finally found it at Amazon.com.... hurray! :D
Krizia Anna
Mar 23, 2015 Krizia Anna rated it really liked it
Shelves: eoin-colfer
Eoin Colfer did it again. For a novella, this one is amazing. I just love how consistent his characters are like Artemis Fowl and Butler. Too bad there's just a little of Foaly and Holly here. I also love these two.
Noa
Dec 30, 2014 Noa rated it liked it
I've already read this story in The Artemis Fowl Files, but I decided to read it again. I think the story is a great addition into Artemis Fowl's world, and this book was great for what it is. A short, light, and entertaining adventure.
Delanie
Jan 12, 2008 Delanie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Delanie by: my librarian
I love ALL of the Artemis Fowl books!!! they are so fun! When i read them i am constantly thinking about how clever they are. This author does a very good job at writing interesting, exciting books! I especially loved the Seventh Dwarf!! Read it!
Rachel
Mar 05, 2009 Rachel rated it it was ok
Didn't make much sense to me. I couldn't overlook the small flaws...the chronological sequence is disrupted so I don't acknowledge this book as an Artemis Fowl book for it would severely hurt my logic.
Kelsey Phoenix
Oct 23, 2010 Kelsey Phoenix rated it really liked it
Good Book! I think it was cool because this is like 1.5 or whatever. I mean its practically the first book in this series, its like its own personal sequel.
Inspired Kathy
May 02, 2010 Inspired Kathy rated it liked it
A very short story but fun read for Artemis fans. Also contained within the book The Artemis Fowl Files.
What?? 15 193 Jan 09, 2014 04:50PM
  • The Lightning Storm (The Hunt, #0.1)
  • Troll Trouble (The Spiderwick Chronicles, #2, Part II)
  • Artemis Fowl (Series)
  • Destiny (Hungry Moon, #2)
  • The Deer's Cry
  • The Edge Chronicles 2: The Winter Knights: Second Book of Quint
  • Song Quest (The Echorium Sequence, #1)
  • The Magykal Papers (Septimus Heap, #7.5)
  • The Dream Thief (Abadazad, #2)
  • The Last Siege
  • Future Diary, Volume 12
  • Quite a Ride: An Alex Rider Story
  • Faewolf
  • Sweet Requiem (Sweet #3)
  • Fantasy Encyclopedia
  • Tainted (Ava Delaney: Lost Souls #1)
  • Wendigo Fever (Warden, #1)
  • Wurm War (OutCast, #4)
Eoin Colfer (pronounced Owen) was born in Wexford on the South-East coast of Ireland in 1965, where he and his four brothers were brought up by his father and mother, who were both educators.

He received his degree from Dublin University and began teaching primary school in Wexford. He has lived and worked all over the world, including Saudi Arabia, Tunisia and Italy. After the publication of the A
More about Eoin Colfer...

Artemis Fowl (8 books)
  • Artemis Fowl (Artemis Fowl, #1)
  • The Arctic Incident (Artemis Fowl, #2)
  • The Eternity Code (Artemis Fowl, #3)
  • The Opal Deception  (Artemis Fowl, #4)
  • The Lost Colony (Artemis Fowl, #5)
  • The Time Paradox (Artemis Fowl, #6)
  • The Atlantis Complex (Artemis Fowl, #7)
  • The Last Guardian (Artemis Fowl, #8)