Start by marking “عودة القناع” as Want to Read:
عودة القناع

عودة القناع (Goosebumps #36)

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  2,906 ratings  ·  75 reviews
Steve Boswell nunca esquecerá a máscara de Carly Beth no Dia das Bruxas. Era tão grotesca. Tão assustadora.
Mas, este ano, Steve quer usar a máscara mais assustadora do quarteirão. Para tal, compra uma máscara na mesma loja onde Carly Beth arranjou a dela. Ele fica como um velho horrível, com o cabelo crespo e aranhas a saírem-lhe das orelhas!
Parece que Steve arranjou mesmo
Published by نهضة مصر (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about عودة القناع, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about عودة القناع

Josiah
R.L. Stine has a good ability to take his previous story ideas and fashion sequels based upon them that feature new, exciting twists to keep the original concept fresh.
"The Haunted Mask II" is a germane example of this. Rather than just settle for a book that could be nearly identical to the first one, R.L. Stine sets off on a familiar (still highlighting the creepy terror of these living masks) but new story, and the results are satisfyingly suspenseful. The idea to switch the narrative from
Andrew
Well, it was definitely different. It was nice to see that Stine decided to incorporate the original characters in the dequel. So many times you often see sequels without the original characters. There's new names and new faces, but this one actually had the same characters. Carly Beth, Sabrina, Chuck and Steve. This time, Steve is the one who would like to find a mask as equally horrifying as the one Carly Beth scared him and Chuck with last year. They were so scared that they left Carly Beth a ...more
Ghadeer
When you wear the haunted mask, it will haunt your face! You will turn into a terrifying creature. The skin of the mask will be your skin. The hair of the mask will be your hair. Do not try to remove the mask by pulling it because it will be no use.

Steve was punished by taking care of first graders. He described them as animals. They were real animals. He wanted to take revenge by wearing an unusual mask. Instead, something unexpected happened. The mask which he bought turned him to an old man,
Taissha Greer
This book is so interesting and sometimes it creeps me out
My character is a person that cares a lot about things
My character is a boy and he gets to buy this mask
That changes his life in Halloween which my character
Wanted to have the best costume from his friends
But then when be trys on the mask ...and then he trys
To take it off but he couldn't... So the only one to help was
His friend that happen the same thing to her last year...
So if u want to know more read the book and you going to see
Ho
Vlad
Like the rest of RL Stine's works, it's an utter hack-job that he wrote in under a month. (New Goosebumps were released once a month for 4 years from 1994-1998) As you can imagine, they're repetitive as all hell, and the quality is disastrous.

This one is especially shameless, however, as it's the exact same story as the original "The Haunted Mask", only with minor, incidental changes to the main character and the appearance of the mask. The story itself wasn't frightening, but having to wade thr
David Santos
Great thing about this was that RL used the same characters from the first book, but changed the lead character. Carly Beth was the person in the first book scaring Steve and his friend. Now it was Steve in this book scaring people....well trying to anyways.

This book goes into a descriptive juggernaut! Everything that goes on with the mask and the first graders is explained to the tiniest of details. Not as exciting as the first, but still a very interesting read. I don't have much to say about
أحمد الناغي
!!!!!!!

محبط ومستاء.

المشكلة مكررة.. توقعت ان تكون القصة أفضل من سابقتها.. لكن حضرة ار ال شتاين كتبها بالنظام التقليدي - طريقة العرض السينيمائي - .. الكاتب يعلن للقارئ تفاصيل ويخفيها عن البطل..
مش بعيب ف الطريقة دي، لكن لو مكانش فيها تجديد زي ما عمل انه خلى القارئ شبه مخدوع هو كمان.. نقطة تحسب له.
ثم..
(view spoiler)
Spoiler En
Dylan
Aug 19, 2011 Dylan rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: little kids, fans of the first book
Recommended to Dylan by: parents
Not as good as the first.
Ralphie
The exciting sequel to the "Haunted Mask."Steve , the boy who used to torture Carly Beth, is back! Now since he saw Carly Beth's creepy Halloween mask last year, now he wants one. The shop Carly Beth got her's at is closed down now. But he decides to sneak in anyway. He finds one that looks like a creepy old man, with stringy hair. wrinkles, and spiders coming out of the hair.

I can connect to Steve's envy over Carly Beth's old Halloween mask. If one of my friends had a scary mask like that, I w
Weathervane
It's interesting to compare this book with the Goosebumps Horrorland sequel to The Haunted Mask, The Scream of the Haunted Mask. That story also takes place a year after the original, but once again focuses on Carly Beth and details her experiences with the mask when it comes back into her life. On the other hand, The Haunted Mask II follows Carly's antagonist from the first book, Steve, as he gets a new mask from the mysterious store and struggles to find a way to take it off. Given that there ...more
semsma
كنت فاكره العدد دا هيكون تكمله للعدد الاول و يبين ايه ال حصل لاخو البطله لما لبس القناع بعدها ..
لكن كان ان اصحاب البطله واحد منهم عايز يخوف اطفال كان بيدربهم ع لعب الكره وكانو بيضايقو ف طلب منها تعرفه جابت منين القناع المخيف ال لبسته الهلويين ال فات وهي حذرته وحصل نفس ال حصل معاها ف العدد ال فات مع شويه اختلافات ان القناع كان لرجل عجوز وحول صاحبها لرجل عجوز بدل ما يكون وحش مخيف وبعد كدا بقيت القصه كلها بتدور عن انه ازاي يقدر يتخلص من القناع دا ..

عموما ف المجمل حلوه :D
Bryan Barreto
" steve boswell will never forget carly beths halloween mask. It was so gross . So terrifying. But this year steve wants to have the scariest costume on the block . So he gets a mask from the same store where Carly Beth got hers. It looks like a creepy old man. With stringy hair. A wrinkled face . And spiders crawling out of the ears !!!!!!!!!!!!. Steves definitely got the scariest mask around . Too bad hes starting to feel old . and so tired .And so evil."
Kayla Mcminn
Read the goosebumps books and collected them at 10. I use to love them as they were a simple easy read, read multiple books a day.
R.L.Stine was my favourite author and I am currently reading his new book 'Red Rain' some years later. Such great childrens books.
Ianc Ehs
this was most possibly one of the best goosebumps books of all time. you see unlike the haunted dummy series (which by the way is my favorite mini series in the goosebumps franchise) this actually has some story to it since it takes off a year after the events of the first book, its got the same characters we all know and like, and this time the boy from the book now gets his hands on another haunted mask. the mask from the first book gives him instructions on how to get the mask off and tells h ...more
Ninhathor
in this book Steve Bowell was scared out of his pants by Carly Beth. Now he wants revenge. so, he goes to the same party store Carly Beth went to, and bought a mask, but this mask wasn't as scary as Carly Beth's it looks a lot like an old man than a horrifying creature. So, steve keeps trying to scare somebody but it doesn't seem to work. But, there are some scary things happening to him. the mask won't come off, and his growing weak and tired. he wants to take the mask off but he just can't, an ...more
amber wiser
This one is probably one of my favorites!
Iris Gamino
Sahil Soni
it's a god book
Matthew Lafrance
I don't know. I appreciate what Stine was going for with this one. He presented a lot of good ideas, however I feel the thing which hurt this story the most was the resolution. I understand that he wanted to avoid this story being a COMPLETE rehash of the first one, but when the masks are referred to as "the Unloved", I should think a symbol of love would need to be necessary to remove one. Perhaps if we got an explanation of how the magic that removed Steve's mask worked I'd feel differently.
Tracey
This one was not as good as the first Haunted Mask. The only good thing about this book was bringing back Carly Beth.
Cara
One of the more mediocre Goosebumps books. Of course, none of them are works of classic literature, but most are fun reads. This one was a bit of a drag. It followed essentially the same plot as the first book: a kid (Steve - Carly Beth's friend/enemy from the first book) is looking for a really scary mask for Halloween, finds it, can't take it off, etc. Goosebumps books are all relatively repetitive and predictable, but this one adds nothing new to a story that was already told.
Drucilla
Actual rating: 3.5 stars. I would have given it four stars, but the first graders were horrible to the point of being unrealistic and (view spoiler). Other than that, I thought it was a great sequel. It flowed from the previous book nicely. The choice to use Steve as the main character, but also include Carly Beth was great. I liked that the way they got the mask off was different from the previous story and the ending was prefect.
Danny
Ahhh, the Goosebump days. I would borrow so many of these from the library they seriously considered extending my limit of books checked out at one time. R.L. Stine you were a reprieve from a harsh and dreary childhood in which my mind wandered far away from the troubles of the day. I stole books into my bed and read far into the night by the faintest of lights. I might have better eyesight were it not for you; however, I regret not one page or line.
Brittany Perry
Loved this one but I still want to know how Carly Beth's brother got the first mask off in the first book. Oh well I guess some questions don't have answers. Still it was a wonderful book that actually made me laugh. An oldie but a goodie in my eyes and sometimes I thin it is good to re-visit your youth
Tyrell Warner
This is one of the few repeat Stine books where the second book was better than the first (Night of the Living Dummy, Say Cheese and Die, Deep Trouble, the first books were better than the sequels.)

The picture alone was creepy enough but the story was chilling for a young reader.
Patrick
Goosebumps. This is the series that kept me reading through my childhood. More than any other series, Goosebumps kept me interested in reading, and R.L. Stein is a wonderful children's writer. I applaud his efforts, and can't express enough my gratitude for the series.
Ms.
May 18, 2009 Ms. rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: nicole
Recommended to Ms. by: Emily Rick
Shelves: alyssa-w
This book is about a kid who goes into this party haloween store and he finds a mask he steals the mask and wears it for haloween to scare people but unfortently the mask does not come off. So it is up to him to him to try to get the mask off.
Heather
It's Goosebumps--what more needs to be said? I loved it just as I love them all. My daughter would beg me to read just one more chapter after we had already read 6, 7, or 9 chapters. Gotta love a book that makes a kid want more!
Janelle Dazzlepants
Looking back on this book, I don't know what kind of moron would go lurking around dark alleys and going to Halloween costume stores at night, but I remember feeling exhilarated and scared as hell at the time.
J.
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)
  • The Threat (Animorphs, #21)
  • Bruce Coville's Book of Ghosts: Tales to Haunt You
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps Presents TV Book, #15)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • Scary Stories 3: More Tales to Chill Your Bones

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Goosebumps (1 - 10 of 62 books)
  • Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1)
  • Stay Out of the Basement  (Goosebumps, #2)
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps, #3)
  • Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4)
  • The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (Goosebumps, #5)
  • Let's Get Invisible! (Goosebumps, #6)
  • Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps, #8)
  • Welcome to Camp Nightmare  (Goosebumps, #9)
  • The Ghost Next Door  (Goosebumps, #10)
Welcome to Dead House (Goosebumps, #1) Night of the Living Dummy (Goosebumps, #7) Say Cheese and Die! (Goosebumps, #4) The Haunted Mask (Goosebumps, #11) One Day at Horrorland (Goosebumps, #16)

“Sometimes it helps to scold yourself, to give yourself advice.” 32 likes