A Year of Living Consciously: 365 Daily Inspirations for Creating a Life of Passion and Purpose

4.19 of 5 stars 4.19  ·  rating details  ·  63 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Embrace Each DayWe all want to live authentic, self-aware, and successful lives. How do we go about it? Where do we begin? In a daily map full of wisdom, inspirational quotes, and transformational exercises, bestselling author and psychotherapist Gay Hendricks sets us on a fantastic journey to personal and relationship success.

In bite-size portions, Hendricks encourages un...more
Published April 21st 2009 by HarperOne (first published December 30th 1998)

To ask other readers questions about A Year of Living Consciously, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Year of Living Consciously

Kjirsten
This is one of the books from which inspirational content is drawn for the mind/body/spirit resources my company customizes for members. Every time I get one of these nuggets, I star it as a favorite. May have to get a copy for my bedside table.
Angie
I love this. I usually start reading it once a year because it is one of those page a days books and I dont' usually get all the way through but when I am reading it I feel very centered and...Conscious
Megan
so far, so good. this book gives day by day things to think about to live more consciously. it's not too cheesy or preachy -- i am enjoying it.
David Roberts
I really liked this book. Billed as "a one year journey to conscious living," the goal seemed a bit outrageous, but Gay Hendricks does a great job structuring a series of one day readings that do really give one a LOT to think about over the course of the year. Some of the strongest sections were when he had a five to seven day set of readings on a single subject.

Each section begins with an epigraph (quote), always of high quality, then a one page (or so) presentation of the topic for the day, a...more
Mamabear
This book has daily readings for a year. I moved it to the 'read' list because I read it every day :-) Great topics for thought and messages to put into practice, I really like it :-) As I read more of it I will probably update my rating of it!
Heather
I revisit this book often...it provides a daily meditation...whenever i am working through something i read the current day's passage...and i work through thing a lot! a book that you truly get out of it what you out into it.
Kj
I've been reading this very slowly over at least the last two years if not four! I have appreciated many of it's insights and suggestions. A friend who bought it at the same has been sharing the ride with me.
Pomomom
Aug 11, 2007 Pomomom is currently reading it
Recommends it for: People who like daily affirmations
This book provides a thoughtful perspective to apply daily. Good quotations too.
Lisa Factora-borchers
I hate day by day books like this, but I love this one. Go figure.
Joni
Mar 08, 2010 Joni is currently reading it
Another 'daily' reader. A great way to start the day!
Toni Freeman
Toni Freeman is currently reading it
Aug 27, 2014
Sofyan Fahlifi
Sofyan Fahlifi marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Brindi
Brindi marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Shane Dougall
Shane Dougall marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Ryan
Ryan marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2014
Nastya Andreyevna
Nastya Andreyevna marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Suzie Ziemann
Suzie Ziemann marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014
Mahalie
Mahalie marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Dr. Gay Hendricks has served for more than 30 years as one of the major contributors to the fields of relationship transformation and body-mind therapies. Along with his wife, Dr. Kathlyn Hendricks, Gay is the author of many bestsellers, including Conscious Loving, At the Speed of Life, and Five Wishes.

Gay received his PhD in counseling psychology from Stanford University in 1974. After a 21-year...more
More about Gay Hendricks...
The Big Leap: Conquer Your Hidden Fear and Take Life to the Next Level The First Rule of Ten (A Tenzing Norbu Mystery, #1) Five Wishes: How Answering One Simple Question Can Make Your Dreams Come True The Second Rule Of Ten (A Tenzing Norbu Mystery, #2) Conscious Living: Finding Joy in the Real World