Start by marking “A Year of Living Consciously: 365 Daily Inspirations for Creating a Life of Passion and Purpose” as Want to Read:

Embrace Each Day

We all want to live authentic, self-aware, and successful lives. How do we go about it? Where do we begin? In a daily map full of wisdom, inspirational quotes, and transformational exercises, bestselling author and psychotherapist Gay Hendricks sets us on a fantastic journey to personal and relationship success.

In bite-size portions, Hendricks encourage

Published April 21st 2009 by HarperOne (first published December 30th 1998)

To ask other readers questions about A Year of Living Consciously, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Year of Living Consciously

Kjirsten
Feb 12, 2013 Kjirsten rated it it was amazing
This is one of the books from which inspirational content is drawn for the mind/body/spirit resources my company customizes for members. Every time I get one of these nuggets, I star it as a favorite. May have to get a copy for my bedside table.
Megan
Feb 17, 2011 Megan rated it really liked it
so far, so good. this book gives day by day things to think about to live more consciously. it's not too cheesy or preachy -- i am enjoying it.
Angie
Dec 24, 2008 Angie rated it it was amazing
I love this. I usually start reading it once a year because it is one of those page a days books and I dont' usually get all the way through but when I am reading it I feel very centered and...Conscious
Mamabear
Sep 27, 2007 Mamabear rated it really liked it
This book has daily readings for a year. I moved it to the 'read' list because I read it every day :-) Great topics for thought and messages to put into practice, I really like it :-) As I read more of it I will probably update my rating of it!
Lisa Factora-borchers
Jan 30, 2011 Lisa Factora-borchers rated it really liked it
I hate day by day books like this, but I love this one. Go figure.
David Roberts
I really liked this book. Billed as "a one year journey to conscious living," the goal seemed a bit outrageous, but Gay Hendricks does a great job structuring a series of one day readings that do really give one a LOT to think about over the course of the year. Some of the strongest sections were when he had a five to seven day set of readings on a single subject.

Each section begins with an epigraph (quote), always of high quality, then a one page (or so) presentation of the topic for the day, a
Heather
Aug 13, 2007 Heather rated it it was amazing
I revisit this book often...it provides a daily meditation...whenever i am working through something i read the current day's passage...and i work through thing a lot! a book that you truly get out of it what you out into it.
Kj
Jan 21, 2009 Kj rated it liked it
Shelves: ongoing-books
I've been reading this very slowly over at least the last two years if not four! I have appreciated many of it's insights and suggestions. A friend who bought it at the same has been sharing the ride with me.
Joni
Mar 08, 2010 Joni is currently reading it
Another 'daily' reader. A great way to start the day!
Pomomom
Aug 11, 2007 Pomomom is currently reading it
Recommends it for: People who like daily affirmations
This book provides a thoughtful perspective to apply daily. Good quotations too.
Danielle
Oct 20, 2015 Danielle rated it liked it
Boosted my confidence, inspired me to do more
Darby
Darby rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2011
Joni S
Joni S rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2016
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2017
Matt
Matt rated it liked it
Jul 28, 2013
Sheena Israel
Sheena Israel rated it it was amazing
Apr 12, 2014
Vicarious
Vicarious rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2014
Alexi
Alexi rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2016
Will Yarrington
Will Yarrington rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2014
Justin
Justin rated it liked it
May 15, 2015
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Dec 03, 2016
Betty
Betty rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2014
Tara
Tara rated it it was amazing
Sep 12, 2008
Kimberly Lee
Kimberly Lee rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Shelley Dowhanik-Baron
Shelley Dowhanik-Baron rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2015
Christina
Christina rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2009
Verna
Verna rated it really liked it
Nov 05, 2015
Heart Song
Heart Song rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2013
Jouraine
Jouraine rated it really liked it
Jul 09, 2010
Marty
Marty rated it liked it
May 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Energy Addict: 101 Physical, Mental, and Spiritual Ways to Energize Your Life
  • The Soulmate Secret: Manifest the Love of Your Life with the Law of Attraction
  • Developing Intuition: Practical Guidance for Daily Life
  • Experience Your Good Now!: Learning to Use Affirmations
  • Soul Coaching: 28 Days to Discover Your Authentic Self
  • The Authentic Life: Zen Wisdom for Living Free from Complacency and Fear
  • Your Mind Is What Your Brain Does for a Living: Learn How to Make It Work for You
  • This Is Not the Life I Ordered: 50 Ways to Keep Your Head Above Water When Life Keeps Dragging You Down
  • The Best Year of Your Life: Dream It, Plan It, Live It
  • Creating a Charmed Life: Sensible, Spiritual Secrets Every Busy Woman Should Know
  • Journal to the Self: Twenty-Two Paths to Personal Growth - Open the Door to Self-Understanding by Writing, Reading, and Creating a Journal of Your Life
  • Inner Simplicity: 100 Ways to Regain Peace and Nourish Your Soul
  • Don't Sweat the Small Stuff for Women: Simple Ways to Do What Matters Most and Find Time For You (Don't Sweat the Small Stuff Series)
  • The New Diary: How to use a journal for self-guidance and expanded creativity
  • Raising a Self-Disciplined Child: Help Your Child Become More Responsible, Confident, and Resilient
  • Living Big: Embrace Your Passion and Leap Into an Extraordinary Life
  • First Comes Love
  • Books by Michael Pollan: The Omnivore's Dilemma, in Defense of Food, the Botany of Desire, Food Rules, a Place of My Own, Second Nature
Dr. Gay Hendricks has served for more than 30 years as one of the major contributors to the fields of relationship transformation and body-mind therapies. Along with his wife, Dr. Kathlyn Hendricks, Gay is the author of many bestsellers, including Conscious Loving, At the Speed of Life, and Five Wishes.

Gay received his PhD in counseling psychology from Stanford University in 1974. After a 21-year
More about Gay Hendricks...

“Many of you are gripped by the loony idea that your intentions are different from the results you create. It simplifies life enormously the moment you accept that the results you create are your unconscious intentions made visibly manifest.” 2 likes
“All human unhappiness comes from not facing reality squarely, exactly as it is. —BUDDHA” 0 likes