Start by marking “The Templar's Code (Caedmon Aisquith, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Templar's Code (Caedmon Aisquith, #2)

The Templar's Code (Caedmon Aisquith #2)

The greatest secret in the history of mankind is a secret worth killing for...

During the Middle Ages a rumor was born about a mysterious and sacred Ancient Egyptian text. Known as the Emerald Tablet, it was said to contain the secret of creation.

But the greatest secret of all is who wrote it...
Published November 2nd 2010 by Berkley (first published October 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Templar's Code, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Templar's Code

Kristen
Jul 14, 2012 Kristen rated it really liked it
Shelves: series-thriller, 2012
Wow. This is really an excellent thriller. It packs a wallop of a punch and so much more. Part action-adventure, part thriller, this novels takes you all over the East Coast and London and back again. We really know the main characters well and their relationship. Caedmon Aisquith is an eccentric Englishmen, while Edie Miller, his assistant/lover, had a troublesome past. We really feel for them and experience their pain, their heartache, and their quest for a great adventure. But they're a great ...more
Nakalanzi
Dec 30, 2012 Nakalanzi rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Jose Esquibel
Sep 24, 2011 Jose Esquibel rated it really liked it
Excellent follow-up to Ark of Fire. Highly recommended.
Bernie Charbonneau
Dec 29, 2010 Bernie Charbonneau rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Conspiracy, Thriller Readers
Since I have been fascinated with the Templar's for many years, anything new that is published I usually give it a look. Having not heard of Ms. Palov before and having read the book jacket, this looked to be a thriller in the same pose as Berry or Brown. Not disappointing, this novel involves the Templar's and of course a secret treasure that will change the world and earth as we no it.
Now I know people who read this novel will compare it to Mr. Brown's novels but since I enjoy this type of c
Kim
Yet another in my collection of conspiracy theory treasure hunter books. This one I picked up for cheap when the cover caught my eye. Unfortunately the Templar's were only really used as part of the backstory. I would have liked a bit more there.

I found the main characters pretty annoying. Neither was very likeable. Luckily I liked the main adversary less (he really has something about mentioning how much sex he's had. For money. With men.)

Overall it was a very average book. I can't see myself
Bridget
I love a good conspiracy theory and had so much fun reading The Templar's Code. The mind-bending plot with twists and turns along the way made it a very entertaining read. I really liked this book and if you're into secrecy/cover-ups/conspiracies, you should get this book up.
Graeme Stokes
Dec 09, 2011 Graeme Stokes rated it really liked it
Historical Templar themes made for an enjoyable read. Certainly the author is in the realms of Steve Berry, Andy McDermott with setting, pace and background, however the main characters certainly take a lot of time to get to know.

Robin Clubb
Apr 16, 2015 Robin Clubb rated it did not like it
Rubbish, poor story poorly written
Katerina
Nov 08, 2013 Katerina rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: genre-mystery
Barbie Acevedo
Aug 15, 2013 Barbie Acevedo rated it did not like it
Fue tanta la emoción con la que empecé a leerlo que tal vez por eso mi decepción fue tan grande.
La historia se veía buena y muy interesante, pero la forma en la que la autora la desarrolla es tan absurda y aburrida. Fue como una mala copia del código Da Vinci, con la diferencia que la novela de Dan Brown es más entretenida y mejor escrita.
La trama es lenta, confusa, usa demasiadas descripciones que se sintieron como relleno y da giros inesperados que terminaron volviendo el libro todavía más co
Sree Devi
Mostly my feedback on books depends on many factors and one of those factors is my mood. May be while reading this book, I was impatient and kind of riled up against god-knows-whom. So I kind of skimmed through the book mostly. May be a series of mystical thrillers which I read this year added to this fatigue.

Its a thriller which you should be able to enjoy during a trip and there is no take away from the book – a read and forget kind of one. I am not going to rate this book as such. An average
Karen
Nov 17, 2011 Karen rated it liked it
16th century Rhode Island. A colony slaughtered by the Knights of Malta. Fast forward to today...a dead archaeologist and a Templar treasure vault. Should have made for fascinating reading but the two main characters, Cardemon Aisquith and Edie Miller are more slap stick comedians than educated sluths looking for clues to the Emerald Tablet. I shook my head thru the first 300 or so pages, but am giving this book 3 stars because the last 250 pages became page turners with a slight twist. Not the ...more
Philippa Brunt
A bit long winded, but a good story nonetheless. The writing was ok, but got a bit repetitive at times when the author decided to put in info that the reader had already heard before. The main protagonist was a bit annoying, as he kept trying to stop his female companion (who seemed clearly relegated to assistant, despite actually being his girlfriend)from doing anything helpful to move the quest on, when any physical fights happened. Also, the author seemed to overly favour the word 'esoteric', ...more
Chris
Feb 16, 2012 Chris rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: black-list
I sure that for real Templar nuts this is a great book. But for me, I think there's too much background information (something which I'm not normally against) but the amount of it is too much to remember to understand what's happening in the actual real story. There are also far too many side stories as well.

I found myself wanting to read this book to finsh it, but not in a good way and as a result I did'nt.
Viji  (Bookish endeavors)
If this is the first novel one reads about Templar treasure one would be excited. Alas., this isn't my first.. Reading this book was like listening to those college lecturers who take the students to be dumbos.. You can get the ABCs of Templar treasures in a boring way but that's all there is to this book.. Not enjoyable.. Before reading this book my guess was that anybody can understand the meaning of aqua Sanctus.
Josie Steer
Brian Harrison
Apr 12, 2012 Brian Harrison rated it liked it
Overall, not a bad yarn, certainly better than his first book, characters more than cardboard cutouts, although this still seems to be from an author who recently attended a course or two on story development !
Perhaps with time his ability to create believable will improve, from novel to novel. As I say, not bad, but far from good !
Stephen
Aug 05, 2016 Stephen rated it really liked it
Other than a few minor errors that reveal that the author is unfamiliar with American vehicle operation, this is a smooth read. It starts with the death of a treasure hunter in front of Caedmon and Edie that sends them on a quest for the fabled Emerald Tablet of legend. The author weaves truth and fact about Ben Franklin into the fiction of the story. This is a very well written book.
Rupert Matthews
An enjoyable read, with lots of (mostly accuratge) historical detail and Templar stuff. My only quibble is that it was a bit too long. By 3/4 of the way through it had become clear what the treasure was, where they were going and it was guessable what the surprise ending would be. Only a quibble though, this is a good read.
Kathleen Messmer
Jun 05, 2013 Kathleen Messmer rated it really liked it
While i've not read C.M. Palov before, i found this story to be engaging and fast paced. It's similar to The DaVinci Code (Dan Brown) Iin that the entire story revolves around a sacred relic that can change the world. Very good read.
Jennifer Eckel
A great thriller and interesting series. Some good history explored along with some unsung DC Landmarks. I rejoice, finally an author that knows the landscapes and streets of Washington DC
Ashish Jaituni
Jul 03, 2012 Ashish Jaituni rated it liked it
I liked it but didn't love it. The story is written well but I don't like the idea of a single villain who goes on murdering as and when he wants. I like the plot in general. It's a good read!
Penny
Jul 10, 2016 Penny rated it liked it
Good adventure story that dredges up symbols and conspiracies all at one go -- all woven into an an academic detective plotline. Suspenseful and easy to read.
Lance Benest
This was an easy read, all in all its Indiana Jones meets the DaVinci code. A bit too predictable in parts, but an entertaining holiday read.
Hertzan Chimera
May 21, 2012 Hertzan Chimera rated it liked it
very Dan Brown-ish in theme (action (resolution, and female side-kick))but with its own particular style.

Pompous isn't always bad.

Harish Puvvula
Nov 06, 2014 Harish Puvvula rated it really liked it
Holy templar's thriller ala Da Vinci Code. Nonstop action. Should read this book if you are into Free Masonry, Knight Templars, Egyptian history and action packed treasure hunt.
Stephen
Dec 14, 2010 Stephen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
the book itself was a fast moving trail from the lost templars to modern day america but felt however the author rushed the ending and just didnt feel right but an enjoyable read anyways
Shubham Tripathi
Aug 10, 2012 Shubham Tripathi rated it really liked it
A realy Nice Book, the description and twists of the plots could have kept anyone guessing!!
I great book, thoroughly deserved for a special day!!
Enjoyable Read!!
Kieran Lyne
Kieran Lyne rated it liked it
Sep 02, 2014
Mary Anne Newby
Mary Anne Newby rated it it was ok
Apr 04, 2016
  • Kingdom
  • The Lost Relic (Ben Hope #6)
  • The Sacred Blood
  • The Nostradamus Prophecies (Antichrist Trilogy #1)
  • Black Sun (Hawker & Laidlaw, #2)
  • The Book of Secrets
  • The Thieves Of Darkness (Michael St. Pierre, #3)
  • The Gilded Seal (Tom Kirk, #3)
  • The Secret Crown (Payne & Jones, #6)
  • The Messiah Secret (Chris Bronson, #3)
  • The Aztec Heresy (Finn Ryan, #4)
  • The Secret Cardinal (Nolan Kilkenny Mystery, #5)
  • The Map
  • The Chosen One
  • The Eden Legacy (Daniel Knox, #4)
  • The Lucifer Code (Thomas Lourds, #2)
Librarian note:
Czech editions of C.M. Palov books are published as Chloe Palov
More about C.M. Palov...

Caedmon Aisquith (4 books)
  • Ark of Fire (Caedmon Aisquith, #1)
  • The Templar’s Quest (Caedmon Aisquith, #3)
  • The Templar's Secret (Caedmon Aisquith, #4)