Start by marking “Warrior (Time Hunters Series)” as Want to Read:
Warrior (Time Hunters Series)

Warrior (Time Hunters #1)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  1,102 ratings  ·  40 reviews
The NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLING AUTHOR launches the new Time Hunters series.

Published July 1st 2008 by Penguin Group (USA)

To ask other readers questions about Warrior, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Warrior

Jessica Kelly is a simple, struggling artist in Atlanta, Georgia. She's waiting and hoping for her big break while taking care of her crack addict sister. Luckily, her roommate Charlotte Holt is an understanding lady and tells her not to worry about her financial situation. Charlotte seems like the perfect, understanding roommate until she infects Jessica with her DNA and sets her on the path of a futuristic killer. Luckily for Jessica, Galar Arvid and his team from the Temporal Enforcement Agen ...more
Julie (jjmachshev)
Simply fabulous! In "Warrior: The Time Hunters", Angela Knight has returned to the world of "Jane's Warlord" and "Warfem" to bring us a smoking hot rocking good time of a read that takes place 200+ years in our future. Time travel is commonplace, but the Temporal Enforcers use time travel to try and prevent needless deaths.

Jessica is an artist. She spends her time and energy working on her paintings and scrabbling to make ends meet and keep herself in art supplies. When she's awakened by a mons
Another excellent Knight novel!

Usually I have a really hard time with sci-fi novels, especially those that are focused in the future. I find some authors go overboard and it doesn’t feel real. Knight is exactly the opposite. The way the writes, everything feels comfortable, like you’re there, in the future and everything feels like it’s the way it ought to be. I really enjoy authors who can do that.

Jessica is an unrecognized artist who truly enjoys her work. Living with her roommate, Charlotte,
If you've read my novel, you know I'm no prude. I believe we are all embodied beings, and that sexual feelings are normal.

For crying out loud, though, it appears that author Angela Knight believes that people of the 23rd century do very little other than have bloody battles and bonk like crazed weasels. I reached the point where I just thought "enough is enough."

Really, it's unfortunate. This book had an interesting premise, with an Atlanta artist called Jess becoming the inadvertant target of a
Another great story from Angela Knight- who brought us Jane's Warlord!

Julie wrote a great review for this so I dont have to say too much, but this book was wonderful!

An intricately woven story from the future, this book has a great H/H and HEA ending!

I just love the men in Knight's stories- they are true alpha males ;-)

Cant wait for her next book "Enforcer" featuring Dona...
Jenna Howard
I found this book on my bookshelf. And by found I mean, I bought it and put it aside, forgetting I had it.

The sex was hot, the premise was interesting but...

Time travel...

I can't stand time travel. My imagination happily accepts vampires, space ships, werewolves, whatever but time travel apparently makes me logical and the argument that they see any changes made in the past was meant to happen made me sigh heavily.

Time travel. *shakes head* You are my reading nemesis. I have embraced this.
2.5 - Excellent worldbuilding and sci-fi/futuristic setting that started out really well but became a bit contrived when the sex started to take over between the hero and heroine.

I really like the description of the gadgets and the world. If it's anything Knight does well, it's create a wonderful SF world but her plots become drowned in too much (sometimes uncomrfortable) sex for my taste.

Warrior was pretty good in that the descriptive sex scenes were skippable without losing the plot but ther
What can I say – Angela Knight once again delivers a fantastic read. Well worthy of 5 stars.

In the 24th century, anyone can leap through time at will. To police the time jumpers, the Temporal Enforcement Agency has established a precinct in time. Galar Arvid is a genetically altered warlord and agent who's been sent back to 2008 to save a pretty Atlanta artist from a Xeran time traveler who intends to kill her for profit. What Galar doesn't count on is the powerful desire Jessica Kelly ignites i
There were times that I really enjoyed this story, and was looking forward to seeing what happened. Then there were times that I skipped pages, because they were having mind-blowing-I-love-you-but-cant-say sex yet AGAIN. If you peruse my books you will see that I am all about the sexy reads. But not so crazy about the gratuitous or repetetive stuff. It got to be tooooo much by the end.
The world she created and the characters she brought to the story were great. I love the warlords, aliens, cybo

I buy the secondhand edition of this book from my friend

She once told me that she never understand with so many science fiction aspect and words in this book..

Maybe its fine with me, because, one of my favorite genre is science fiction and future theme

Dunno what this book telling about =_="

Like my friend, I'm confused with this book..

Angela Knight make a good story (with highly mature content, sizzling hot, and can make you fanning yourself *lol*)

But, the way she naming h
Jill Dunlop
Galar Arvid is from the twenty-third century. He has been sent to the past so investigate the death of a famous artist Jessica Kelly. He arrives in the year 2008, minutes before her supposed murder takes place. After an intense battle, barely saving her life, he takes her back to the future where her new life will be, as she can no longer live in her time. He has to keep her safe from the killer and she has to adjust to her new life.

I was very disappointed with Warrior. I read Jane’s Warlord and
For those of you who have read my other Angela Knight reviews you know that I loved JANE'S WARLORD. The futuristic warlord hero in that story is the father of one of the secondary characters in WARRIOR. Sure, there was plenty of sex in that story but at least there was a plot. After reading Jane's story and then diving into WARLORD I thought Ms. Knight changed the characters names, added a little more angst but less substance and then, I don't know what. Except to say it was less interesting. I ...more
Bark's Book Nonsense
Starting reading for my local book meeting. This is a scifi romantica novel about time travel and a group of genetically altered Warlords 200 years in the future who travel back and forth to save historically important people from hit men out to make a profit. When Galar (the genetically mutated hero) spots Jessica (the beautiful artist) he falls hard and fast and will do most anything to keep her safe in between bouts of hot sex. I'm thinking I probably won't finish this one as I'm pretty bored ...more
I read this one and the second one aloud to Stew. I think I only read one of the "hot sex" scenes to him, giggling the whole time, before we started just skipping those. Or rather, he'd have me skim them silently and I'd speak up if something plot relevant emerged along with the wrist-sized shaft. ha ha

Both Warrior and Guardian were enjoyable little romps though, and we look forward to the next one. Maybe I'll have to read him Jane's Warlord next...

PS - I "skip" or excerpt the sex scenes readin
Barbara ★
This one is very sci-fi. More than I usually enjoy but I really liked both Galar and Jessica. (The time traveling warrior and the painter). Jessica is just a good-ole Southern girl who finds herself dropped in another time period and the target of an assassin. Galar saves her life and she falls hard.

There are many trials and tribulations for both of them - both together and separately. A wonderful start to the Time Hunters series - kinda hard to follow and rather confusing at first but it settle
When artist Jessica Kelly is attacked by an alien assassin, she kills him using a mysterious force she didn’t know she possessed. Temporal Enforcement Agent Galar Arvid jumps in to save her and bring her back to his world. There she discovers a passion for the strong warrior who finds it hard to love again after being betrayed in his past. Seeking to discover the origin of her power, she returns to Earth in her time to seek the answers. Sexy paranormal.
Galar is a genetically altered Warlord sent back to 2008 to save an artist from a Xeran time traveler. Jessica Kelly is a human from 2008 when Galar saves her from an alien wanting to murder her. Galar takes Jessica back to the future. But as Jessica shows a new unexplained power, Galar and his team have to figure out why someone wants her dead and where the power came from. As usual, Angela Knight has some hot sensual scenes.
Goodread! Take a man's worst fears, make him believe they're coming true and you get some pretty intense scenes. It was juicy! This is technically book #1, but if you go back and read Warlord, aka Jane's Warlord, you'll get background on supporting character Riane's parents, and in the same book is the short story Warfem, which is background on Galar, who makes a short but impressionable appearance.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Another winner from Ms. Knight! Galar Arvid is from the future, determined to save an artist, Jessica. Why are forces trying to kill her? It's a mystery to all until the clues start to add up. I love the futuristic theme to this story. I also like the time traveling. Best of all, I like Galar who is an alpha male and pretty hot. Ms. Knight creates some of the best alpha males to drool over.
And on my second straight romance novel, a pattern emerges. It's repetitive and not as hot. All men are muscly, dominant, have big dicks, dark pasts, and tender hearts, waiting for the right lady to open them up. Ladies are lithe, sexy, weak at first, but get lucky in fights when studs underestimate them again and again, and are as equally horny as the dudes.
It's really closer to 3 1/2, but I can't choose that so 3 it is. The book's action and storyline were fast paced and interesting, but I felt like the relationship between the H/h suffered a bit because of all that was happening. I would have liked a little more get-to-know-you time before the HEA. Enjoyable read and will have to go find the others in the series.
Largely 'meh.' Not a keeper and the plotline is already fading. Basically an artist is attacked and rescued by people from the future.

I won't be bothering with anymore from this series, possibly from this author. But then, I've made these type of promises before only to promise to give them "one more chance."
Book 1 but a nice follow up the Jane's Warlord or Warlord. This book has no real connection to those books other than setting in the future and time travel with warlords who are part of Temporal Enforcement. It was interesting and action packed and steamy too. All my favorites :).
Not bad-a nice switch from the usual paranormal stuff (vampires and shapeshifters). I enjoying the futuristic setting and the cyborg characters. Though I think Jessica forgave Galar WAY too easily for the way he acted towards her in one critical test of their relationship.
Galar Arvid is a genetically altered Warlord and an agent that has been sent back to 2008 to save a Atlanta artist Jessica Kelly from the evil Xeran time traveler that intends to kill her. Loved the suspense, alpha hero, seconary characters, and hotness factor.
I've never really bee into the Sci-fi futuristic thing, but I love Angela Knight, so I thought I would give it a shot. Just couldn't get into it. Love scenes were well done, characters we likable. Just not my cup of tea I guess.
Interesting story.Like the concept.Am happy to read more in this series.

If you would like to read this book or others like it please check out book is ready for swap!
  • Beyond the Rain (Realms Beyond, #1)
  • Warrior of the Highlands (Highlands, #3)
  • Romance at the Edge: In Other Worlds
  • Parallel Seduction (Midnight Warriors, #3)
  • Thief (Fringe, #1)
  • Kick Ass (Warlord, #2)
  • Through a Crimson Veil (Crimson City, #3)
  • Demon's Fire (Tale of the Demon World, #6)
  • Hot Blooded (Dark, #14; Midnight, #2.5; Mageverse, #.5)
  • The Star Prince (The Star Series, #2)
  • The Price of Pleasure (Saurellian Federation, #1)
  • Gabriel's Ghost (Dock Five Universe, #1)
  • Outcast (Cat Star Chronicles, #4)
  • Down and Dirty (Viking II, #7)
  • Highlander's Challenge (Challenge, #1)
  • Dark Embrace (Rose Trilogy, #1; Masters of Time Series, #3)
Angela Knight is an American author of mostly erotic fantasy. She was a reporter for ten years and a comic book author. She lives in South Carolina. First published under Red Sage, she was able to write romantic fiction for the first time in 1996. She published several short stories in their Secrets anthologies. Editor Cindy Hwang brought her to Berkley Publishing and has helped her become a best ...more
More about Angela Knight...

Time Hunters (2 books)
  • Guardian (Time Hunters #2)