Invincible: A  Novel

Invincible: A Novel

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  61 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Jake Billings is usually cool under pressure, but when two stick-up kids rob his record store, Jake opens fire on them, landing him in prison. Five days in, he receives an anonymous letter telling him that his days are numbered. But before he can find out who’s behind the threats, Jake is stabbed and ends up in a coma.

When he wakes in a hospital bed two years later, things...more
Published June 1st 2010 by One World/Ballantine

To ask other readers questions about Invincible, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Invincible

Sistar Tea
Trapped in a web of deceit

I will start out by saying I was a lot Leary of reading this book by a rapper who is adding "author" to the resume. I will follow up by saying I was pleasantly surprised by the story line. The characters… the turn of events were surprisingly unexpected. While some I knew, others were very much a shock.

We meet Jake who is doing time in the infamous jail at Rikers Island. When he receives a death note he can't pin point where it comes from as he has done lots of dirt in t...more
Eva Leger
I'd been planning on reading this for awhile and I finally had it mailed to me two weeks or so ago. It worked out that I could read it right away so I started.
Invincible isn't a bad book. It's unrealistic but a lot of urban fiction is. That part didn't really get to much too much even though I prefer my fiction as realistic as possible usually.
There are some small details that would really have helped the story flow better - the use of more contractions, less exclamation points in character conv...more
Marc
I don't normally read hood literature but being a Styles P fan I decided to give it a shot. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. It kept me engaged the whole way through and was full of twists and turns but formed a cohesive and intelligently written story when all said and done. I recommend it to anyone who is a fan of the genre.
P_panther
This book is effortless, and so good at what it does. It draws you in so quickly and you ride with the characters every step of the way trying to imagine what else could go wrong for the main characters. There is no letting up with this book, ever page is dripping with juice and makes you want to take a stab at the life of a man on the run from, well EVERYBODY
Mrieves
I loved the book. It was not graphic, not a lot of swearing. Good plot. Mystery so to speak. The ending left me hanging. I think there maybe a second part? I went to a book signing and met Styles P. I am not a rap, but he has shown me that he can write! Please do more!

I read the book in one day! It kept me that interested.
Youmex Dorisca
It was a good book kinda had doubts at first cause i dont like to read many of these rap artists books i was always disappointed in the past but. styles prove me otherwise great read.
Bobby Haynes
When I found out Styles P wrote a book I wanted to read it, wondering if it would be good. Now that I've finished the book it was insane I loved it definitely a good read.
Jocelyn
This book was a good read...I read it in only one day!! shocked by some things...ending was sad..but overall good read!
Mary Wilson
This novel was action packed. It felt like I was looking @ a movie. Good read, I so enjoyed it.
Jay
A hot debut novel from a underrated MC
Delonya
Final Rating 4.5 Stars
Rodneisha Hayden
Rodneisha Hayden marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Ronnie
Ronnie marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Rob D'amato
Rob D'amato marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Spades
Spades marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Nicole
Nicole is currently reading it
May 10, 2014
Jordan Lammert
Jordan Lammert marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2014