Start by marking “The Complete Idiot's Guide to Vegetable Gardening” as Want to Read:

3.35 of 5 stars 3.35  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Reap a bountiful harvest from your own backyard
Published January 21st 2009 by Alpha Books (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Complete Idiot's Guide to Vegetable Gardening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Complete Idiot's Guide to Vegetable Gardening

Bruce
I'm transitioning from 'gatherer' (wild berries and nuts, some herbs) to a cultivator. I'm about to enter my third season of vegetable gardening, and figured it was high time to figure out exactly what it is I'm trying to do out there in the field. My first two gardens were, on the whole, successful, the first year rich in learning experience if not edible bounty (although there was some). New location the next year, better soil, and boom! I'm hooked! Tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, potatoes, beets,...more
Kristen
Book #49 of the year! Only 3 more to go and I've hit a book-a-week reading rate for 2009 (personal milestone).

I wish there was more information in here on how to safely and organically control weeds. But then again, maybe there isn't much to say on the subject beyond "weed your weeds" and "use mulch". This book got us started with our first-ever garden. It's helpful, though I would prefer more details on "how to" and fewer suggestions of what to plant.

Carol Harlow
I am a real beginner when it comes to gardening! We've had a few gardens, and although we did produce vegetables, I encountered lots of problems. I have found lots of answers to the problems that we had in this book. I think it is a great book for us beginning gardeners. This book covers just about everything as you can see above. So if you're new to gardening, be sure and get a copy!
Russell
I tried gardening with limited success so I thought some information would a good thing.

This book is a solid beginners book, at least for me. I enjoyed it, it had enough information to help me understand the basics and it was easy to read.

Next spring I'll see if the advice helps me :)
Melissa
For the beginner it gave the complete picture of things to think about and plan. I dont think it will be a go-to resource but it provided what i was looking for which was general information to get me started.
Roxy
Mostly geared towards America but there is still a decent amount of info to do with set up and the basics of starting a vegetable garden.
Megan
A decentish reference for ... well ... idiots. And that would be me re: gardening.
Adrienne Crow
Adrienne Crow marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Hanna
Hanna marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2014
Shemeka Adams
Shemeka Adams marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Diane Clements
Diane Clements marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2013
W.K. Lawrence
W.K. Lawrence marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2013
Carli
Carli marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2013
Carli
Carli marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2013
Missie
Missie marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2013
Seana
Seana added it
Jan 19, 2013
Robert DuPuy
Robert DuPuy marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2013
Ten
Ten marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2012
Hailey
Hailey marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2012