Start by marking “Snow Angels” as Want to Read:

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  560 ratings  ·  33 reviews
They bring joy, wonder--and all the happiness of the season. Let these delightful stories of love and miracles light up your holidays with cheer. . .

"Snow Angels," by Fern Michaels

The only way irresistibly handsome Olympic skier Max Jorgenson wants to spend Christmas is. . .alone. But when social worker Grace Landry stumbles into his log cabin during a snowstorm, an unexp
Published November 1st 2009 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Snow Angels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snow Angels

Candy
Dec 13, 2009 Candy rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: light fiction holiday reader
Recommended to Candy by: saw in book store and bought it
I read the last story first, all in one sitting, yesterday. I bought this book to get into the Christmas spirit. I have happy memories of buying a book of Christmas short stories at the mall when I would be out shopping when I was younger. It was just as nice to do it again now that I am older!

I ended up liking the third story by Janna McMahan the best, but they were all good! I will look to see what else she has written.
Eve
I only liked the third story by Janna McMahan, which really stuck out from the others in its progressiveness, positivity, and affirming as well as 'feel-good' qualities.
4-story anthology - overall 2 1/2 stars

3 1/2 stars
Snow Angels by Fern Michaels
Grace runs a shelter for battered women. When she gets stranded in a snowstorm with 2 girls of a woman staying at the shelter, she knocks on Max Jorgenson's door for help. Max is a former Olympic skier still grieving over a loss. When Grace and the girls arrive at his doorstep, he sees them as snow angels.
A very cute little story. Max and Grace are both likable characters and their relationship develops well. A little
Kristin L.
Generally speaking I am a huge fan of Christmas short stories, but out of this collection of four stories, I only enjoyed one of them.

Fern Michaels' story is called "Snow Angels," and was my favorite. It tells of the story of Grace, the owner of Hope House, a refuge for battered women and children, and Max, an Olympic skier still grieving the death of his wife. Grace ends up taking a wrong turn and getting stranded during a blizzard with two young girls in tow. The trio stumbles upon Max and his
Lilly Bergman
This is one that I picked up with a big pile of books, I don't normally pick up Christmas books, but the cover was lovely with two huskies on it. Because of this, I started to read it rather quickly. I never got to finishing all the short stories, here's why;

Snow Angels

It starts out with a young woman named Grace driving back from a play with two sleeping girls in the back seat. It tells you that she's just watching them for the girls mother, who finely left her abusing husband to the refuge of
Catherine Flusche
"Snow Angels": Meh--not awful. It's a traditional Christmas themed romance my mother would buy. (3 stars)

"The Presents of Angels": A bit too religious for my taste, but the scene between Andy and Josh more than makes up for having to skip a few paragraphs. (4 stars)

"Decorations": Cute, but not very good as a short story. There's a distinct lack in the emotions expressed, but I'm willing to blame this entirely on trying to cram a year into 100 pages. There could have been a lot more tension in wh
Amanda
I enjoyed all of the stories. None of the stories were overly graphic where "romance" is concerned, although the Janna McMahan story had me worried for a moment. I think that I enjoyed the Fern Michaels story the most. While I enjoyed the miracle in "Miracle on Main Street", I did find the story to be predictable. Overall, it was a nice cozy, Christmastime read.
Gemma
Fern Michael' story was way too short, and the misunderstanding that kept them apart was just silly.

Marie Bostwick's story was the only one I enjoyed, which is a followup to A HIGHKICKING CHRISTMAS from the Comfort and Joy anthology. It was nice to visit those characters again, but I would definitely rate this story under inspirational romance. There are a lot of references to God and one-on-one prayers. Some readers might be put off by that.

I barely skimmed the first chapters of the last two bo
Megann Zeigler
Love reading these types of books at Christmas time and find them always uplifting. Fern Michaels never leaves you feeling like you did not make a good choice to read one of her books.
Patricia Solla
This is an anthology of four stories by different authors set at Christmas time. Snow Angels by Fern Michaels was good but not all that christmassy. The Presents of Angels by Marie Bostwick is great especially since I had already read the first story set at Christmas involving ex-rockette Kendra Loomis and the small town in Vermont. Decorations by Janna McMahan is also great dealing the care of an elderly parent, a husband wanting a divorce and a change of jobs and location. The new job is in a ...more
D Nichols
I particularly enjoyed the Fern Michaels' novella but the other three stories were also good.
Sarah Eisele
I love holiday stories, but this group just didn't work for me.
Sandi
Good stories... heartwarming...
Mindy
I only read the first story in this book of four. This first one was by Fern Michaels, supposedly the big name author of the book. I was discouraged about reading the rest of the book after reading this first story. I found it to be very predictable and boring. The one mistake that I couldn't get over in this story was when the heroine was going to have her mechanic install chains on her car for the winter. (Good luck with that lady)
Mrs. L
The first story really put me off. I mean, a woman with a perfectly running van with gas and heat, stops it in the middle of nowhere in a snowstorm, takes two young girls out of said van and the walks uphill for an hour without having any idea that there is anything up that hill? Ridiculous.

The other three stories were okay. Like reading Hallmark Christmas movies.
Nancynova
Four new to me Christmas romances. Snow Angels was a push - not very believeable; The Presents of Angels was wonderful - as this author's writing usually is. Decorations was a little odd for a title, but a nice tale. And Miracle on Main street was like Miracle on 34th street - rewind 24 hours, do things different and see what happens!
Rob & Liz
Rob....................
Four short stories built around a Christmas Theme
Some guys are just jerks and that last story is truly a miracle.. had to go back a chapter to see if I had misread it and nope, it was true.
I'm a sucker for this type of story at Christmas
Jackie
Rosemary
4 short Feel good, predictable, a little bit corny Christmas stories. It was good enough for a read for the airplane. I am a Christmas Scrooge so I guess it melted my heart a little bit.
Iris Robinson
Sappy, romantic Christmas stories...nothing much to think about, but quick stories to entertain you. Nothing spectacular, but good if you want to get cozy with a sappy Christmas book.
Samantha
I only read the first 2 stories and maybe a page of the last. The first two were great but I was not impressed with the last one and the third didn't sound interesting at all.
Rebecca (everyday reader)
A nice collection of Christmas stories that explore the true meaning of the season. I enjoyed all three tales greatly. Good read!!
Linda C
A little bit predictable but an easy read during my time in the airplanes and airports over Christmas vacation.
Jodi
Especially liked the first two stories. The second one is a followup to a short story in "Comfort and Joy."
Mary
I really liked reading these short stories. All were very touching and meaningful to me.
Janice
I read Christmas themed novels for a carefree break, none of these stories were that carefree.
Mary
Short Stories. Funny- one set in Asheville, NC and we were there when I was reading it
Kris
I got this from the library. It didn't really hold my interest.
Jewett
Fast read - typical love stories - lots of fun
Mairin
4 cute short stories about Christmas love.
  • A Gift of Joy (Delanza #2.5)
  • The Eggnog Chronicles
  • So This Is Christmas (Includes: The Protectors, #19)
  • One Candlelit Christmas (The MacLerie Clan #4.5) (Wellingfords #2.5)
  • To All A Good Night
  • Red Hot Santa
  • Angels at Christmas: Those Christmas Angels / Where Angels Go
  • Holiday with a Vampire II
  • Home in Time for Christmas
  • Mistletoe and Mayhem
  • A Stockingful of Joy
  • Finding Father Christmas (Father Christmas, #1)
  • The Christmas Clock
  • More Than Words
  • Home for Christmas
  • Soldier's Christmas (Conard County #16, Wingman Warriors #8)
  • Sweet Rains: Second Nature / Lessons Learned
  • A Season in the Highlands (Bad Luck Brides, #3)
Fern Michaels isn’t a person. I’m not sure she’s an entity either since an entity is something with separate existence. Fern Michaels is what I DO. Me, Mary Ruth Kuczkir. Growing up in Hastings, Pennsylvania, I was called Ruth. I became Mary when I entered the business world where first names were the order of the day. To this day, family and friends call me Dink, a name my father gave me when I w ...more
More about Fern Michaels...
Weekend Warriors (Sisterhood, #1) Payback (Sisterhood, #2) Vendetta (Sisterhood, #3) The Jury (Sisterhood, #4) Sweet Revenge (Sisterhood #5)