Start by marking “The Sriracha Cookbook: 50 "Rooster Sauce" Recipes that Pack a Punch” as Want to Read:
The Sriracha Cookbook: 50 "Rooster Sauce" Recipes that Pack a Punch

The Sriracha Cookbook: 50 "Rooster Sauce" Recipes that Pack a Punch

3.73  ·  Rating Details  ·  312 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
You’ve drizzled the addictively spicy chili sauce over your breakfast eggs, noodles, and French fries, but now it’s time to take your Sriracha obsession to bold, new heights. Food writer and trained chef Randy Clemens presents 50 palate-expanding recipes that make the most of Sriracha’s savory punch, such as: Spicy Ceviche, Honey-Sriracha Glazed Buffalo Wings, Bacon-Srirac ...more
Published January 18th 2011 by Ten Speed Press (first published January 5th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Sriracha Cookbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sriracha Cookbook

Kristin ❋extols death with luminescent brilliance❋
All I can say is that the recipes are HEAVY on Sriracha. We made the tzatziki sauce tonight using HALF of the amount called for and it was spicy. Not inedible, as we love spicy but at the full amount, it would have been. All of the recipes seem this way honestly. Although the recipes look interesting, nothing is really "ooo, I must try that. And to be quite honest, most of the recipes seemed more like ideas on what to add Sriracha too, nothing truly original.
Stephen
Aug 08, 2014 Stephen rated it liked it
Most cookbooks organized around a single ingredient contain a few good recipes and a lot of others that are just silly. The questions "I wonder how go-ju-jang would go on Cheerios" and "Do you think maple syrup would add anything to broccolini?" just shouldn't be asked. Randy Clemens' book on Sriracha (an Asian spicy red chili sauce which comes in a distinctive plastic squeeze bottle) is an exception. There are several things about Sriracha which are interesting. One is that that it is found on ...more
Kevin Magpoc
Apr 23, 2013 Kevin Magpoc rated it it was ok
Shelves: food
Is it fair to review a cookbook before actually trying any of the recipes? Usually I would say "no." But as previous reviewers have pointed out, just reading through the recipes is enough to realize that most, if not all of, the recipes come across more as suggestions of things to add Sriracha to rather than terribly insightful Srirevelations. There's a recipe for cheddar cheese bread, but nothing more interesting than that. I would've liked to see more recipes for Srirecipes that I'd want to tr ...more
Mckinley
Mar 11, 2014 Mckinley rated it liked it
Shelves: cooking, non-fiction
My sister is a sriracha lover. (understatement) And I bought a big bottle when she came to stay for awhile. So now, I have another condiment bottle in my refrigerator... I am slowly using since I am a more timid hot sauce user.

I saw The Veggie-Lover's Sriracha Cookbook on the new books shelf at the library (love libraries!). And I picked it up to skim. Adding my review to Goodreads I found out about this one. And there's a couple I will try from this book too.
Kelly Bragg
Jun 04, 2014 Kelly Bragg rated it it was amazing
OK, so I read this one & The Veggie-Lover's Sriracha Cookbook: 50 Vegan "Rooster Sauce" Recipes that Pack a Punch (https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...)

Interestingly I liked this one the best of the 2. Though there were some good recipes in The Veggie-Lover's Sriracha Cookbook, this one had FAR MORE recipes that I can't wait to try. Might have to purchase this one...
Sandy
Oct 13, 2015 Sandy rated it really liked it
I rarely read cookbooks, but I read this one because I recently became friends with the author. I just got turned on to Sriracha sauce about a month ago. To be honest, I have yet to try any of the recipes in this book. But I enjoyed reading it and learning random facts about different ethnic dishes. The photos are mouthwatering. I definitely intend to try some of the recipes.
Michelle
Aug 29, 2011 Michelle rated it really liked it
Shelves: diet-health-food
Just thinking about this cookbook makes my mouth water! I made the canned green beans a month ago and opened a can this week (yes, I waited to post to see if the recipe was any good)-- they were fantastic! Having been a fan of Rooster Sauce (as we call it because of the rooster on the label) for years, all I can say it hooray for its novel perspective on cooking! Now I have more reasons than ever to enjoy it.

A daring, darling little cookbook. Very imagniative.
Andrew Bell
Mar 12, 2011 Andrew Bell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: food
Great cookbook. Awesome pictures (always a plus for me in a cookbook). Creative and extremely tasty recipes. A nice history of the product and some nice cooking tips. I have a high spice tolerance and most of the recipes are a good and challenging level of heat for me, but absolutely burst through other peoples' tolerance levels (some recipes call for more than a half a cup of the Rooster Sauce for very few servings). My one major complaint: I wish the book was longer!
Katey
Feb 26, 2011 Katey rated it it was ok
Shelves: cookbooks
I can't really give this more or less than 2 stars, as while I've read all the wordy bits and browsed the recipes, I've made none of them and probably won't, since this book is very meat and dairy centric. There are a few in the appetizer/snack and soups sections that seem like they can be modified, but overall, this is a book for people who love sriracha sauce and eating animals.

Or you may be inspired to squirt sriracha sauce directly into your mouth. Either/or.
Kelly Silva
Feb 20, 2012 Kelly Silva rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbook
This is a great little cookbook if you like Sriracha. Not all the recipes are very original or interesting, but sometimes it's easy to forget that adding Sriracha to a simple recipe, can make it that much better. Now, I can't eat tater tots without Sriracha ketchup, and Ruffles chips have to be eaten with Sriracha sour cream. Get this cookbook if you want reminders of all the foods you can easily add a little Sriracha to make it that much better.
hissi
Jan 18, 2013 hissi rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-ebooks, eastern, food
amazing book! even for someone who doesn't like the heat, i purchased this spicy condiment with all the hypethat's been going on around it, and not knowing what to do with it really i found this awesome book that really did not disappoint. its versatile from breads to sorbets using the spice, i thought it would be boring, showing you how to add it as a condiment but the book upgraded this to a whole new level indeed!.
Amber
Aug 07, 2011 Amber rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book really answers the question "What else can I use this sauce for besides breakfast burritos and cold pizza". Sriracha is a tangy, spicy, hot sauce that is used in Asian cooking. The Rooster brand comes in a handy squeeze bottle. The recipes I did copy are Sriracha Slaw (it uses peanut butter)and Sriracha Ceviche. I reccomend this book and sauce if you like spicier foods.
Serge Pierro
Feb 05, 2013 Serge Pierro rated it liked it
Shelves: food-and-wine
For those who are just starting to use Sriracha, this book could be of interest. Unfortunately, many of the "recipes" are common variations. (Sriracha Mayo, Sriracha Deviled Eggs, etc.) . There are some ideas that people may find interesting, but I was hoping for more interesting recipes.
Sarah Lewis
Feb 23, 2012 Sarah Lewis rated it liked it
This doesn't seem to be a very extensive collection of recipes, but then, there's only so much you can do with Sriracha. I made the Sriracha mayo and have used it on sandwiches. It's pretty hot! But it tastes good. I think anyone who enjoys Sriracha would probably enjoy this cookbook.
Elsa
Aug 03, 2011 Elsa rated it it was ok
Bummer! I love this sauce and was totally looking forward to some new and interesting recipies. Not so-there is one for a cole slaw I may try, but, really.....macaroni and cheese with hot sauce??--you need a recipie for that??....that's the only way I can eat that stuff.
Stepha
Dec 18, 2011 Stepha rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
as a novelty item celebrating this sauce, 5 stars. as an actual cookbook, just 2. seriously sriracha mayo? i also made that up years ago. nothing in here is really transcendant or inventive. mix it into your basic recipe for ____? ooh ahh.
Mark Gale
Jul 10, 2015 Mark Gale rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book for the lovers of Sriracha.
Huma Rashid
Nov 14, 2011 Huma Rashid rated it really liked it
I love Rooster sauce and found so many awesome recipes to try from this book. There are also recipes for cocktails, which was surprising, because I never would have imagined you could use Sriracha sauce that way. Crazy.
Janet
Apr 04, 2011 Janet rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbook
Made the Mac&Cheese, and while it was good, it really just tasted like Mac&Cheese with Sriracha in it. Did I expect more?! May try recipe for the homemade Sriracha, but may not!
Matthew Philips
Aug 19, 2013 Matthew Philips rated it it was amazing
Lots of great sounding recipes and some delicious looking photos to go with them. Rating is for the book only, I'll update if necessary after trying a few recipes.
Katherine
Disappointingly unoriginal. I was hoping for more information and something a little more interesting then just "add sriracha to these common dishes".
Jennifer Hayes-vucetic
May 08, 2012 Jennifer Hayes-vucetic rated it it was amazing
If other people's hot is your mild this book is for you! Working or eating my way through the book. Ultimate Sriracha Burger is a delicious 10 napkin meal!
Deborah
Nov 13, 2011 Deborah rated it really liked it
I would have liked to give this a 3.5. It has some tasty recipes & gave me some ideas. The Sriracha cheddar bread will be made.
Kim Sanders
Jul 18, 2012 Kim Sanders rated it it was amazing
This book is silly and a little bit ridiculous, but as a fan of all things sriracha, this book offers a fun twist for home meals.
Charlene
May 17, 2012 Charlene rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: John Delaney
Recommended to Charlene by: Website indicated it had the recipe for sriracha salt
Shelves: cookbooks, john
Loved this book. Worth the price just for the recipe for Sriracha salt which I gave away during the holidays.
Beka
Jun 16, 2015 Beka rated it liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
A cute little cookbook. It would be a nice gift for anyone obsessed with sriracha.
Lynne
Sep 23, 2013 Lynne rated it liked it
Shelves: food-cooking
While I will never make sriracha from scratch, the chili recipe sounds interesting.
Liz
Oct 01, 2011 Liz rated it liked it
Entertaining, enjoyable, and delicious, with plenty of good ideas.
Sara
Aug 15, 2011 Sara rated it it was amazing
What a fun read. And, incidentally, a ton of delicious stuff. *grin*
Benny
Feb 14, 2013 Benny rated it liked it
If you can stand the heat, you'll like this book.
  • Salted: A Manifesto on the World's Most Essential Mineral, with Recipes
  • I Can't Believe It's Not Fattening!: Over 150 Ridiculously Easy Recipes for the Super Busy
  • Great Food, All Day Long: Cook Splendidly, Eat Smart
  • At Home with Madhur Jaffrey: Simple, Delectable Dishes from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka
  • The Taste of Conquest: The Rise and Fall of the Three Great Cities of Spice
  • Paletas: Authentic Recipes for Mexican Ice Pops, Shaved Ice & Aguas Frescas
  • American Pie: My Search for the Perfect Pizza
  • Susan Feniger's Street Food: Irresistibly Crispy, Creamy, Crunchy, Spicy, Sticky, Sweet Recipes
  • D.I.Y. Delicious: Recipes and Ideas for Simple Food from Scratch
  • Culinary Tea: More Than 150 Recipes Steeped in Tradition from Around the World
  • Lucid Food: Cooking for an Eco-Conscious Life
  • Steak: One Man's Search for the World's Tastiest Piece of Beef
  • The Bartender's Bible: 1001 Mixed Drinks and Everything You Need to Know to Set Up Your Bar
  • Lidia Cooks from the Heart of Italy: A Feast of 175 Regional Recipes
  • Fast, Fresh, & Green
  • 101 Things to Do with Ramen Noodles
  • The 10 Things You Need to Eat: And More Than 100 Easy and Delicious Ways to Prepare Them
  • Bones: Recipes, History, and Lore