Start by marking “Ashley and Jen” as Want to Read:
Ashley and Jen

Ashley and Jen

A growing friendship between two unlikely teenagers helps each to deal with such personal problems as bulimia and rebelliousness.
Published October 28th 2000 by Bookcraft Pubs (first published October 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Ashley and Jen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ashley and Jen

Kristen McDougal
Mar 10, 2008 Kristen McDougal rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: megan
Recommended to Kristen by: mother
This book helped me go tell someone that i had a problem with not eating, because it told how this girl ashley wich is a lot like me and how she didn't eat and how it messed up her body! But I really enjoyed this book! It shows friendship and love and so much more!
Rachel Taylor
Apr 05, 2016 Rachel Taylor rated it really liked it
I enjoy reading Jack Weyland's novels because they're light, fun and easy to read. I don't usually take them too seriously because let's face it, a lot of them are pretty cheesy!

This book, however, was very well written and it really made me think. Weyland tactfully handles the subject of eating disorders in such a raw and honest way. I cried through parts of it because I could really feel what Ashley was going through. It reminded me of some struggles I've faced and made me realize that everyon
Cassandra
Dec 13, 2010 Cassandra rated it really liked it
This book was really good. It showed me what a person with eating disorders might be thinking. It teaches that no matter how far you've strayed Christ will always accept you back with loving hands. It is an LDS book. I love this author he's written a lot of good LDS books. One thing that confused was how Ashley was all perky and nice as a teenager... but suddenly when she's in college she has this attitude change. At first it was a little disorienting although it made sense with the plot. All in ...more
Myranda
Jun 07, 2011 Myranda rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. A lot more than I thought I would too! Ashely and Jen (as the title hints) become unlikely friends after a Girl's Camp together. After girls camp, they decide to help each other get past their addictions, faults, and flaws. It was so much fun to read! I have intense emotion and feelings towards each character, even the minor ones. I could relate so much to some of the feelings that the girls were going through. Plus, it's an LDS novel, so of course I relate to that. :) I ...more
Sidney Davis
Jul 03, 2012 Sidney Davis rated it really liked it
Ashley and Jen are in the same ward growing up. They are so opposite though, but they both have things that they struggle with. Jen has a problem when it comes to smoking and partying, while Ashley's struggles are more hidden. Ashley struggles with bulimia and it get's to a point where that's all that she can think about, and nothing else matters as much as being skinny does.

Such a good book. Makes you realize how we all have our struggles in life, but that if we have support from our loved one
Danay Perkins
Feb 24, 2010 Danay Perkins rated it really liked it
This is one of those books you should pick up and read if you're having a girl day where you just feel fat and ugly or whatever else haha. This book gave me more confidence. (Its an LDS book but very entertaining. I dont read many because they are all so cheesy and boring lol. But I loved this one!)
Whitney
Sep 11, 2008 Whitney rated it it was amazing
This book really helped me out. It talked about two girls growing up with difficult times. Part of this book was dealing with an eating disorder. The tips that they gave were very helpful to me, even though I do not have a disorder. It showed me ways to deal with my stomach problems better. I really enjoyed this book.
Kelsey Wilcox
Jun 16, 2012 Kelsey Wilcox rated it it was amazing
Sooooo good! This book really shows how people can really change if they really want to, for both Jen and Ashley! This book is an amazing book that has touched my life. Jack weyland is one of the most talented authors I have ever known about. He has an amazing ability to weave such inspirational stories such as this.
Kelli
Feb 03, 2011 Kelli rated it really liked it
Shelves: lds
Jack Weyland gets in the mind of a bulimic girl so well that at some points in the book I feel physically ill. He does an excellent job helping you feel as if you are the one who is struggling and eventually you can find your way back like Ashley does
Samc
Aug 26, 2008 Samc rated it it was amazing
this one is my favoritest book of jack weyland's ever! it's really kinda sadish but it again ends up happy! it's about these two girls who meet at gils camp and they absolutely hate each other and then they become best friends and you will just have to read it to find out what happens!
Kristy
Jul 25, 2009 Kristy rated it liked it
Shelves: lds-author
This book helped me to understand eating disorders a little better. As one who likes food too much to have an eating disorder, it was interesting to see that perspective as well as the damages eating disorders do to your physical and mental abilities.
Janice
Jun 26, 2014 Janice rated it really liked it
This is the one that came out when I was at Ricks and I was still obsessed with Jack Weyland books. I waited in line and had him sign my copy. I thought I was so cool. I always thought he should write a book about me! "Janice" :)
Jen
Nov 21, 2007 Jen rated it really liked it
This book deals with eating disorders. It is a good book, but it also can be helpful to those trying to understand eating disorders.
Lani
Oct 24, 2013 Lani rated it it was amazing
Siera
Nov 06, 2008 Siera rated it really liked it
I liked this book, but it was so sad. It just goes to show how much you need support and friendship in your life, most importantly from Heavenly Father. Fantastic book.
Melissa
Aug 18, 2010 Melissa rated it liked it
Read this for a nutrition class and it was an eye opener to me. I haven't ever had the desire or issue of disordered eating but I have had many friends that did.
Maren
Aug 04, 2009 Maren rated it liked it
This is a re-read for me from when I was in HS. Plot line is serious, but of course cheesy in the book. Probably would love if I was 14 again!
Lesley
Jun 04, 2011 Lesley rated it it was ok
Not loving this book. I have read others by the same author that I enjoyed, but this really focuses on eating disorders. But I am going to finish it out.
Kira
Jun 10, 2009 Kira rated it it was amazing
i love this book soooooo much! i have to say that it is one of my favorites! i have reaed it like 4 times in the last year!
Erin Mehler
Feb 29, 2008 Erin Mehler rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Young Women
Okay, so I have to explain myself on this one... I did read it years ago, and it was enjoyable light reading. I read it because my friend Is the model they used for the cover!
Tara
Sep 03, 2008 Tara added it
I still love Jack Weyland books, pretty much they are all the same with different names but I still love to read them.
Lisa Marie Clayson
Lisa Marie Clayson rated it did not like it
Oct 12, 2010
Brookelyn
Brookelyn rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2009
Kristin
Kristin rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2008
Bethany
Bethany rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2009
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2008
Camille
Camille rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2012
Becca
Becca rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2008
Veronica
Jun 23, 2008 Veronica rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Teenager/adults
I read all these jack Weyland books when I was a teenager, and I loves them!
Jessica
Jessica rated it liked it
Jun 26, 2013
  • When Hearts Meet
  • Winter Fire
  • Time and Eternity
  • Sabrina & Kate
  • When the Bough Breaks
Jack Weyland is the best-selling author of young-adult fiction for the Latter-day Saint market. In fact, the modern genre of Latter-day Saint-themed popular fiction is one he is largely responsible for creating with his overwhelmingly popular novel Charly. His interest in fiction began with a correspondence course in creative writing taken during a summer at BYU where he was doing research work. ...more
More about Jack Weyland...