Start by marking “End Procrastination Now!: Get It Done with a Proven Psychological Approach” as Want to Read:
End Procrastination Now!: Get It Done with a Proven Psychological Approach

End Procrastination Now!: Get It Done with a Proven Psychological Approach

3.2 of 5 stars 3.20  ·  rating details  ·  35 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Never miss another deadline! A proven method that defeats procrastination forever by conquering emotions, not time managementProcrastination is a serious and costly problem. And time management isn't the solution. Author William Knaus exposes the deep-rooted emotional and cognitive reasons we procrastinate and provides solutions to overcome it. Where other books offer time ...more
Published March 12th 2010 by McGraw-Hill (first published March 8th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about End Procrastination Now!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about End Procrastination Now!

Courd
I read about half of this book. The methods and strategies is suggests using are not bad, but the book is highly repetitive. It's as if the author thinks you won't understand what he is saying unless he tells you 7 times. This book could have been half the length and just as good. I got bored of hearing the same things over and over again.

Essentially, learn to do things as they happen in smaller increments instead of letting them pile up to become huge projects that seem insurmountable so that
Julian
Poorly organized, but pregnant with useful gems. I didn't expect to get much out of this, but it is, so far, the best book on procrastination I've read, significantly more useful than Steel's much-touted Procrastination Equation.
Judy
Timothy Pychyl of the awesome productivity podcast, “iProcrastinate,” often cites William Knaus’ research and conclusions, so I was motivated to check this book out and see if Dr. Knaus had anything new to offer. He structures his prescription for overcoming procrastination into a three-pronged program, using cognitive, emotive, and behavioral approaches. There are lots of charts and journaling exercises to complete as you work your way through the process, so a physical book is probably the mos ...more
Diana
I can never pass up a time management book. I devour them like they will reveal magical powers to make everything better. I often find a good tip or two, but in the end it is still work.
Eun-kyeong
It is somehow informative but not well-organized.
Richard Balbuena
Repetitive and poorly organized.
Chris Cook
Good information. A tough read on a Kindle due to all the charts, so I would recommend a physical copy. I learned from this book, though we already know the underlying lessons from the Stoics (which this book cites quite a bit), which is: be mindful of your own thoughts and biorhythms. Buts it's good to be reminded of this in different ways.
Daphne
Not the best read on a Kindle/e-reader, alas, due to all the charts. Tim Pychyl from iProcrastinate often cites Knaus' research, and the book does deliver on that. Overall a good, if slightly repetitive read. I suspect that a paper copy would be more useful for the practical application of the strategies outlined within it.
Michael
Some interesting points in the book. However there is a lot of info more relevant for someone who works a full time job for a business. The book offers a lot of charts and participation pages that I wish I owned the book to partake in.
Bruce Black
A lot of information presented in a rather dry, clinical way, but I found it useful. (My first eBook from the library!)
Marc
Jun 21, 2010 Marc marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I have to get myself that book!

Maybe tomorrow.
Caelie
very useful book. love the exercises.
Kalyn
Had some useful information.
Charleno
Charleno marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2015
Zoranna
Zoranna is currently reading it
Jun 15, 2015
TaLi
TaLi added it
May 30, 2015
Iznan
Iznan added it
Apr 20, 2015
Lakshmi
Lakshmi marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Kaveri Saini
Kaveri Saini is currently reading it
Feb 07, 2015
Sadfox
Sadfox is currently reading it
Feb 05, 2015
Domenick W Schilling
Domenick W Schilling is currently reading it
Feb 01, 2015
Mugen
Mugen marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Stephen Moyes
Stephen Moyes marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
Festering Sinus
Festering Sinus marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Jodie
Jodie marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2014
Jeff
Jeff marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
The Cognitive Behavioral Workbook for Anxiety: A Step-By-Step Program How to Get Out of a Rut Albert Ellis Revisited Overcoming Procrastination: Or How to Think and Act Rationally in Spite of Life's Inevitable Hassles