Start by marking “Conquest of Mind” as Want to Read:
Conquest of Mind

Conquest of Mind

4.35 of 5 stars 4.35  ·  rating details  ·  109 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Getting caught in unwanted thoughts and emotions can feel like an inevitable part of life. But Easwaran, who taught meditation for nearly 40 years, shows a way to break free.
Just as a fitness routine can result in a strong, supple body, spiritual disciplines can shape a secure personality and a resilient, loving mind.
And opportunities to grow stronger spiritually arise not
Published July 1st 2010 by Nilgiri Press (first published February 1989)

To ask other readers questions about Conquest of Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Conquest of Mind

Nikki
I've been wanting to start a meditation practice for some time, but haven't been quite certain of how to do it. This book was pivotal in helping me 'make the leap'. I've read many books by Eastern authors and Easwaran is, by far, the clearest to understand. He is actually renown for his translation of some of the Eastern scriptures. This book is instructional, inspirational and enjoyable to read. I actually read it twice, I found it so useful. I highly recommend this book to anyone interested in ...more
VENKATRAMAN C K
Eknath Easwaran has the great ability to relate matters of spirituality to day to day affairs of humans. He being a spiritual guru himself does not preach but gently guides us thru a one to one communication style.

This book is beautifully written and makes you want to read his other three books on meditation techniques.
Lorraine
Somewhat of a dry read. I enjoyed that many of Buddha's quotes were used and shown how they relate to today's lifestyles. At the end of the day, philosophy is timeless which makes this a timeless read too.
Denise Tarasuk
Eknath Easwaran is a superb writer. Conquest of Mind is life changing. I want to re-read Conquest of Mind until I have the ability to train my wild mind. This book is a must read for everyone.
Dr. Denise
Susan
One of Easwaran's best introductions to his teachings. Interesting and insightful observations about the processes of thinking, no matter whether you're interested in meditation or not.
Greg
A great primer and reference on starting mediation and how to train the mind to actualize your true Self.
edypekalongan
this book give me lesson how to understanding
inner space and information how to control our mind.

Martha
fascinating ... though no quotable gems
Vishnu V
wonderful guide to meditation!
Claudine
Claudine marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Harish Sharma
Harish Sharma marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
Adam Hatlaczki
Adam Hatlaczki marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2015
Dean Dachev
Dean Dachev marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Claudio
Claudio marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Mark Tyneway
Mark Tyneway marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
ravi
ravi marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Harsha
Harsha added it
Dec 25, 2014
Marta
Marta added it
Dec 17, 2014
Sai
Sai marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Anusha Ramachandran
Anusha Ramachandran marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Stephanie Lim
Stephanie Lim marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
anthaet
anthaet marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Gentleman: A Timeless Guide to Fashion
  • Smart Talk: The Public Speaker's Guide to Success in Every Situation
  • Esquire The Handbook of Style: A Man's Guide to Looking Good
  • 101 Dog Tricks: Step by Step Activities to Engage, Challenge, and Bond with Your Dog
  • The Anatomy of Stretching
  • The 8 Minute Organizer: Easy Solutions to Simplify Your Life in Your Spare Time
  • Fragrant Palm Leaves: Journals, 1962-1966
  • Remember Everything You Want and Manage the Rest: Improve your Memory and Learning, Organize Your Brain, and Effectively Manage Your Knowledge
  • How To Say It
  • Awakening Shakti: The Transformative Power of the Goddesses of Yoga
  • Classics of Indian Spirituality: Includes: The Bhagavad Gita, The Dhammapada, and The Upanishads
  • Seasons of Witchery: Celebrating the Sabbats with the Garden Witch
  • The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice
  • The Beginner's Guide to Zen Buddhism
  • Pagan Visions for a Sustainable Future
  • Enduring Grace: Living Portraits of Seven Women Mystics
  • Runner's World Run Less, Run Faster: Become a Faster, Stronger Runner with the Revolutionary FIRST Training Program
  • Widening Circles: A Memoir
Gandhi the Man: How One Man Changed Himself to Change the World Meditation: A Simple Eight-Point Program for Translating Spiritual Ideals into Daily Life The Upanishads The End of Sorrow: The Bhagavad Gita for Daily Living, Volume I [India's timeless and practical scripture presented as a manual for everyday use] God Makes the Rivers To Flow: Sacred Literature of the World