Start by marking “Cutting Edge (FBI Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Cutting Edge (FBI Trilogy, #3)

Cutting Edge (FBI Trilogy #3)

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  1,524 ratings  ·  56 reviews
When a top engineering executive is murdered and his office torched, the firm's security expert Duke Rogan is determined to get the bottom of the assault himself. He pulls every string he has to be assigned as a civilian consultant to the FBI's joint task force, headed up by Nora English, who at first believes the attack to be a simple case of domestic terrorism. But the a ...more
Published July 28th 2009 by Ballantine Books

To ask other readers questions about Cutting Edge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cutting Edge

Bigd_041555
#3 in Allison Brennan's FBI trilogy - not a bad read, fairly fast paced, continous story line - tree huggers against the world with psychopathic tendencies! The prologue gives a good idea as to what lies ahead.

The only problem I had with this series is that the heroines cry too much - I'm use to stronger female lead characters, but I guess there's always room for the more sensitive ones. A bit of angst, a bit of romance, and a serial killer that is just plain mad/deranged.

2 thumbs up and 4 stars
Stephanie (Once Upon a Chapter)
This review was originally posted on Once Upon a ChapterNora English was raised by an anarchist. At a young age she could not only tell you the components to a pipe bomb but she could aptly construct one as well. Lorraine (Nora's mother) raises her children "off the grid." Nora is raised without ever going to a doctor, dentist, school and she never had a place to call home.When Lorraine (Nora was never allowed to call her Mom) gave birth to Quin, Nora knew she'd have to raise her baby sister and ...more
Ingo
Started this April 22nd, 2014.
Alternated reading this with Who, What, Where, When, Die. Took a longer break during the plain, boring, too long sex-scene.
For a "suspense-romance"-book the sex could be better. As is, again, too long and also the romance is always in the same direction.
Would like it more, when there was something different, or some real pervert (aside from some murderers) or whatever. I do not want to spoil it, but most books from Allison Brennan show this direction and there is s
Jay Jessmer
Someone in Hollywood needs to take a serious look at Allison Brennan's body of work. This entire "FBI" series could make for some great stuff on the big screen, but especially this final installment. This book had everything for me. Great characters, suspense, excellent detective work and a sharp plotline.
Brennan's pacing is second to none, and she does a fantastic job of letting her readers work right along with the story. I never stop thinking about what's going to happen next or where we ar
Marca
Do all law enforcement officers hump each other? I guess I am naive, but the last few novels I've read feature the men and women of law unable to get through a case without hopping into the sack together. I stumbled onto another romance-thriller, much to my chagrin. The plot is interesting. Nora was reared by a revolutionary mother who is spending life in prison after Nora ratted her out years ago for trying to blow up a nuclear plant. Nora took care of her younger sister Quin after their mother ...more
laura m
Oct 19, 2013 laura m rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: bored american crime fiction readers
I can't rate this book higher even if I wanted to because the author's cruelty against animals revolts me yet again, more than the book from the first series about dead little girls, yep.
I was really horrified at her descriptions of killing the birds and I think I'll never forget it. I don't recommend anyone who loves animals to read it.
other than that, her characters are totally twodimensional as usual, if movies were made out of her books, one male and one female actor could practically play a
Barbara ★
FBI agent Nora English has a very rough beginning. At an early age, her mother introducted her to a life of crime and terrorism. In order to save her younger sister, Quin, from the same fate, she became an FBI informant and ultimately had her mother arrested and gained custody of Quin. Thus started an FBI career for her and got Quin's life on track. They are drawn together - along with Duke Rogan - by an arson investigation. Sinister things in Nora's past - related to the arsonist - crop up unex ...more
Lynn Aoude
great book. great series, one of the best I've read. though the 2nd book is still my favorite, this one was also great. the story was full of action and suspense. another psychotic killer. the best thing about these books is that it's all about the action. and while the romance was underdeveloped in the 1st 2 books, in Cutting Edge it is a bit more developed and way more believable without taking anything out of the action.
Joyce
The heroine is an FBI agent who, as a young child, testified against her Mother, an ecoterrorist, and sent her to prison for life. She spent the next years caring for and raising her younger sister who is now an arson investigator. Labs are being burned and the head of one is found dead in an obvious arson fire at his lab. Nora is the investigating FBI agent. There is lots of action, interesting characters and a sufficiently twisted plot. Another winner for the author.
Naomi D'Urso
Amazing

Wow! This book was so intense. It was very hard to put down. Nora's both strong and vulnerable without even knowing it! We are Introduced to Sean Rogan who is amazing in the Lucy Kincaid series. I love how each book opens up a new character while keeping the old ones fresh!
Silver James
Cutting Edge: A Novel of Suspense is a psychological thriller with a hefty dose of action. Plus, Duke Rogan. And Nora English. She is a flawed heroine with more guts and sense of duty than might be good for her, even if it's terrific for the reader. Duke is steadfast, sexy, and knows far more about her issues than Nora realizes. Set against a backdrop of eco-terrorism, the taut plot and compelling characters make for a terrific read! Definitely a keeper.
Barbara Villegas
Suspenseful story with a lot of information about what bio-terrorism is and how it works. Somewhat predictable, but still a good read.
Nancy Kennedy
Ok. Nothing to recommend. Audiobook to help the miles go by!

Pattianne
Cutting Edge - FBI Trilogy #3 - (Duke Rogan and Nola) - When security specialist Duke Rogan’s state-of-the-art computer system fails at a controversial bio-tech firm, a raging inferno spreads, and a grotesquely charred body is discovered in the aftermath. With an extremist anti-technology group claiming responsibility, the case grows even more complex when the victim’s autopsy unexpectedly reveals that he bled to death. Heading the FBI’s domestic terrorism unit, Agent Nora English is fiercely de ...more
Cynthiaj
I thought this one was fairly typical of the genre but my older daughter was in the car with me and couldn't take anything after disc 2. Still, very formulaic, but I thought entertaining enough for the drive to work.
Colleen
I've been a bit disappointed with the last two books by Brennan. I definitely feel she's getting away from the romance aspect of her books. She already didn't have a whole lot of romance in her previous books, but it was still enough, now however it's pretty much non-existent. She throws one scene in and then the characters fall in love by the end - it just doesn't work for me personally.

Still a good book - suspense is done well. The killer in this one is a freaking psychopath! Just don't bet o
Stacey
Nice quick paced, easy read. Likable characters. Learned half way in that a trilogy. It kinda had that feel - that the characters had been introduced somewhere. It was a good mix for someone who hadn't read the previous two books. Nora (hot FBI agent) and her love interest Duke (hot security company owner) work to solve a case of multiple arsons. The villain targeting biotech companies that use animals in testing. Of course, the investigation gets personal, and a bit steamy. (insert wink)
Terry
Allison Brennan is good for a fast paced story with interesting plots. Her heroines do seem to be overwhelmed by emotion from time to time which illustrate their flaws and of course, their vulnerabilities.

I liked this third book in the FBI Trilogy. It is the type of story that I like to slip into my reading list when I'm in the mood for less intellectual entertainment. The story well researched and the plot has interesting twists. Allison Brennan is a good story teller.
Andrea
The story was decent, and it's obvious the writer has done her research. However, the writing is incredibly pretentious. It's almost as if Brennan is trying to hard. Getting into the meat of this book was really difficult, but once I did I was able to just roll my eyes at the pretentiousness and trudge through it. All told, the story is a thriller with very little shock value, a rushed romance with little payout, and a lot of technical information that wasn't necessary for the story.
Ryann Murphy
FBI domestic terror expert Nora English meets her match in security expert Duke Rogan. They met at the scene of an arson scene...and that's when the sparks really start to fly! Nora keeps to herself, and when Duke finds out about her childhood, he starts to understand why. Will he be able to break through her walls? Will that be before her past comes back to haunt them all as the body count starts to rise?

Katey
It started out a little slow, and sometimes I'm not sure how the authors come up with titles for their books. In the middle of reading this book, the answer became clear to me. I like stories when there are younger adults involved, and I liked that there were animals involved. I understood why they had to kill the ducks when they found them, even if animal rights groups may not.
Christine
Since this was the last book in the trilogy, I was expecting a bang! I was bummed that this book was flat and dragged on with little action until the end. The way this read, I would have thought it was the first book in the series. Nora was a strong woman who had been through a lot growing up but she lacked that spark to make her interesting. Duke was just plain.
Darcy
I haven't read a book where the couple was so blah and didn't have any chemistry in a long time, but this book was that in spades.

Nora was so self-righteous that I found it hard to like her, Duke semi interesting, Quin too much into herself, and Maggie, well she is just plain crazy.

Even the crimes in this book weren't all that interesting.
Betsy
Even though these stories really have nothing to do with each other, Cutting Edge is the last in the FBI Trilogy by Allison Brennan. I was very intrigued by the Prologue. I was not let down with the rest of the book. Great characters and writing. I will definitely read more of her books. 4 stars

New Word I Learned:

Vitriol
Beanse
MY GOD WOMAN..... TWO THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW:

1 DISNEYLAND- is located in CALIFORNIA!
2. DISNEYWORLD- is located in ORLANDO!

Don't you read!!!! I blame your editors, your publishers and your damn stupidity to waisting my time in reading this God Awful series you called a Trilogy.

YOU GET NO STARS JUST FOR BEING DUMB!

Cindi
I really like Allison Brennan. Her writing style is quick yet descriptive, her characters are engaging and real, and her story matter is alway current and cutting edge (ha!). I plan to read her new, paranormal series regarding the 7 deadly sins (a popular topic, lately) beginning next March.
Megan
Another Allison Brennan book that took less than a day to read. Nora's background and how it shaped her as an adult is very interesting, as is her relation ship with Duke. I loved the fact that he had been asking her out for four years. Intense murder/mystery with a sweet love story. Loved it!
Becky
Liked this one the best of the Triology. All were good, though. You don't have to read them in any order. None of the characters in any of the book are major in the others. Some have a slight part, but nothing that has to be kept track of to understand the plot.
Brenda Perea
I really, really wanted to like this book, read others by the same author, but I would have wanted someone to tell me that her books are getting somewhat repeative in the plot points. I wanted non-stop action but got a predictable story line. Sorry.
C. Stuchl
I liked it. It was everything I expect from Allison Brennan. Never disappointed with one of her stories. Keep it up.
  • Forgotten
  • Silent Scream (Romantic Suspense, #11)
  • Under the Wire (The Bodyguards, #5)
  • Midnight Fear (Chasing Evil Trilogy, #2)
  • Make Her Pay (Bullet Catcher, #8)
  • Guns and Roses (Includes: PI Julie Collins; Bobbie Faye, #3.5; Rough Riders; Bullet Catcher; Shadow Stalkers, #3; Housewife Assassin)
  • Black at Heart (Black CATs, #3)
Allison Brennan is the New York Times bestselling and award-winning author of twenty romantic thrillers and many short stories. RT Book Reviews calls Allison “a master of suspense” and her books “haunting,” “mesmerizing,” “pulse-pounding” and “emotionally complex.” Lisa Gardner says, “Brennan knows how to deliver.”

The first book of the Maxine Revere investigative reporter series, NOTORIOUS, is av
More about Allison Brennan...

FBI Trilogy (3 books)
  • Sudden Death (FBI Trilogy, #1)
  • Fatal Secrets: A Novel of Suspense (FBI Trilogy, #2)
Speak No Evil (No Evil Trilogy, #1) The Prey (Predator Trilogy, #1) See No Evil (No Evil Trilogy, #2) Love Me to Death (Lucy Kincaid #1) Fear No Evil (No Evil Trilogy, #3)