Start by marking “Wild Garlic, Gooseberries and Me: A chef’s stories and recipes from the land” as Want to Read:
Wild Garlic, Gooseberries and Me: A chef’s stories and recipes from the land

Wild Garlic, Gooseberries and Me: A chef’s stories and recipes from the land

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  30 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Denis Cotter’s acclaimed collection of superb vegetarian recipes and evocative tales is now available in paperback.

Wild Garlic, Gooseberries and Me cajoles, informs and questions our relationship to the land and the vegetables we eat. We go on a personal journey with Denis as he shares his passion for his favourite foods.

Denis drags us into muddy fields and introduces us t
Published August 19th 2010 by Collins (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Wild Garlic, Gooseberries and Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild Garlic, Gooseberries and Me

Zanna
Nice creative recipes, great if you have a box scheme, allotment, garden or friend supplying you with exotic veg. Otherwise, prepare to sub-in! Pistachio and lavender brulee (easily veganised) gets 6 out of 5 stars. But the book is too wordy. I never bothered to read the 'stories' that come between recipes.
ErinH
Interesting book if you like vegetables [which I do}. Author is the owner of Ireland's most famous vegetarian restaurants. He explains in detail his love of vegetables, discussing some that may be difficult to find in the US. Recipes are yummy sounding. We were fortuante to stay in Ireland with his grower, who is prominantly featured in the book - He cooked us a fantastic dinner, so we are anxious to try the receipes.
Chris
Lovely stories, complex and intricate recipes, and a good resource for any fan of vegetables!
Erika
Erika is currently reading it
Dec 04, 2014
Slightly Devious
Slightly Devious marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Anna Robinson
Anna Robinson marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Melanie
Melanie marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Kathryn Martinez
Kathryn Martinez marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2014
Kalpanashankar
Kalpanashankar marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Moira McPartlin
Moira McPartlin marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Maria
Maria marked it as to-read
May 05, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2014
Linette Van
Linette Van marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2014
Jenn
Jenn is currently reading it
Dec 20, 2013
Melissa Amaral
Melissa Amaral marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2013
Clare
Clare added it
Aug 15, 2013
Magdalena ☮
Magdalena ☮ marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2013
Nadine
Nadine marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Cafe Paradiso Cookbook For The Love of Food: Vegetarian Recipes from the Heart Paradiso Seasons A Paradiso Year A & W: Autumn and Winter Cooking A Paradiso Year S & S: Spring and Summer Cooking