Start by marking “Peer e Kamil ” as Want to Read:
Peer e Kamil

Peer e Kamil

4.58 of 5 stars 4.58  ·  rating details  ·  1,945 ratings  ·  177 reviews
Peer-e-Kamil or 'The Perfect Mentor' is one of the best and most popular Urdu novels written by the famous Pakistani author Umera Ahmed. It was first published in Urdu in 2004, and later in English in 2011. The book deals with the turning points in intervening lives of two people very unlike each other: a runaway girl, Imama, and a boy named Salar who is gifted with extrao ...more
Published (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Peer e Kamil, please sign up.

Zaynab Simply because the writer has played with all the emotions so well and the topic chosen by her is close to everyone's heart !
And of course a good…more
And of course a good love story where two people meet after they've lost all hope is always emotional...
(less)

Sana
Peer-e-Kamil was my second Urdu novel and first by Umaira Ahmed. Being one of the most popular Urdu novels to be ever written, Peer-e-Kamil is a journey from a bad extreme to a good extreme. And it is justified. Yes, it gets somewhat unbelievable to ponder over the changes in Salaar, the protagonist, but we know all the reasons. That's the beauty of it all.

Set against the backdrops of Islamabad, America, Paris and Lahore; Peer-e-Kamil tells the story of a boy blinded by his own misgivings about
Tehniat
زندگی میں ھم کبھی نہ کبھی اس مقام پر آجاتے ہيں جہاں سارے رشتے ختم ہو جاتے ہيں. وہاں صرف ھم ہوتے ہيں اور اللہ ہوتا ہے. کوئ ماں باپ کوئ بہن بھائ کوئ دوست نہيں ھوتا. پھر ہمیں پتا چلتا ہے کہ ھمارے پیروں کے نيچے زمين ہے نہ ھمارے سر کے اوپر کوئ آسمان، بس صرف ايک اللہ ہے جو ہميں اس خلا ميں بھی تھامے ہوۓ ہے . پھر پتا چلتا ہے ہم زمين پر پڑی مٹی کے ڈھير ميں ايک زرے يا درخت پر لگے ہوۓ پتے سے زيادہ کی وقعت نہيں رکھتے. پھر پتا چلتا ہے کہ ہمارے ہونے يا نہ ہونے سے صرف ہميں فرق پڑتا ہے. صرف ہمارا کردار ختم ہو ج ...more
Hina
Dec 03, 2013 Hina rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Every Muslim
Shelves: urdu, favorites
" What is next to ecstasy?
Pain.
What is next to pain?
Nothingness.
What is next to nothingness?
Hell
."

If there is a story out there, more powerful, more beautiful than this one I would want to read it. This book, this story has touched me on so many levels, I am so overwhelmed with emotions right now. Only one word: AMAZING!

Any success in this world and the next, it is only granted for the love of Prophet Mohammad (Salalaho Alaihay Wasalam). And beyond that there is nothing that a person requires. N
Fariha Zaidi
This is the best Urdu novel i have ever read.....I will remain thankful to my sister for the rest of mu life who recommended this EPIC novel in the first place.This story has changed my vision about life and religion big time and i am thankful to the writer for that.

This is a story of a boy named Salar Sikandar, with an 150+ IQ he continues to be a brat.There is nothing to stop him from doing anything.He is in constant search of the extreme limit of pain,in this regard he observes painful ways t
Aqsa
Jun 21, 2010 Aqsa rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
Recommended to Aqsa by: MY SIS
Shelves: favorites
Amazingly amazing...the first urdu novel that i ever read and it totally captured my heart.One thing about this novel is that once you start it theres no putting it back. The story revolves around a rich and spoilt boy having 150+ IQ and an Ahmedi girl who wants to embrace Islam.
The writers expressive style does justice to the wonderful plot and by the end of the novel you cant help but at least think and ponder over the lessons and morals in the book ...it is a must read and recommended for ev
Zunairaafzal
I love this book more than anything....u can't help your tears rolling out
Anum
I adored this book! Umaira Ahmad has succeeded in writing a book that holds much more substance than the average love story. Indeed, I don't believe that this story can be put in the romance category at all.

It seems to deal with life in general, rather than anything else. With such amazing charisma, Umaira Ahmad has written this profound novel on how a man with so many talents is surpassed by an average girl, when it comes to arriving on the path of righteousness.

It is a book about how man is n
Paras Abbasi
loved the book.... never have i read this kind of book in my life... the story was so touching and close to reality that it the touched the bottom of my heart.the plot of the story was well planned with a whole of values and lessons and portrays the story of a young handsome boy, born in elite-class family with an IQ level of 150+ who is a "spoilt-kid". the story revolves around him picturing how this young guy changes his whole style of living as he falls in love with a girl who has converted i ...more
Famma
This is one fine piece of writing. Hats-off to Umera Ahmed for writing this. I simply love reading it in both languages. I have read it many times and now I have added Hollow pusuits and The Perfect mentor(pbuh)on goodreads for those who can't read urdu. You can get these two novel in English as well. Have a goodread ;)
Samia
This book I believe is my favorite of all time. It was way closer to reality, even more than I expected it to be. For a hopeless romantic like me, who is also hanging loose between religion and spiritualism - it was a perfect cure to hope endlessly. And keep faith and believe in Allah endlessly. The last pages made me cry, so much so that I ended up offering prayers before reading the last page. A+ :]
Sahrish Iftikhar
Apr 30, 2013 Sahrish Iftikhar rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Sahrish by: Hina K.
I seriously have no words to describe HOW MUCH I LOVED this book and story. I don’t think I’ve ever read a story as powerful and beautiful as this one.

This book and story is very rich, very powerful and is definitely a very beautiful story that truly touched my heart and soul on so many levels, how and why, that I can't put in words. It made me think of so many things and honestly there were times when it shook me from inside. It's filled with emotions, morals, lessons, bitter realities (that
bOOkwOrm
Nov 07, 2014 bOOkwOrm rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: youth
Shelves: favorites
When i read the book.... I was very amazed by the beautiful convincing style of the author..... She made me feel that i shall conquer the worlds... by falling in love with Allah Almighty and Hazrat Muhammad(pbuh).... And she is true....!
Its the magic of love that makes us feel on heavens. That makes us to believe our importancwe and purpose of breathing in this mighty universe.... The people with everything or nothing are here to bow infront of Allah ... to have faith in Prophet(pbuh) because Go
Waqas Mahmood
I just love this novel...It got special place in my heart.....i have never wrote a review about any book so i really dont what to write.....i recommended it to many people...all i said what i was told...kee be patience for first 50 pages if u go through it....you will fall in love with it.....
Ftm sair
this very excellent book for the Muslims, especially for the youngsters. i think aal th Muslims should have a deep study of the book for our survival in both worlds.
Omar Nasim
One of the extra-ordinary soul purifying stories that I've ever read that gives you reasons to think.
Mahina
Once in a blue-moon comes a book you fall in love with and this was it for me!
Farah Nisar
Oct 11, 2010 Farah Nisar rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
amazing story line.... must read :)
u cant help ur tears rolling out :)
Syeda Ayesha
The love with Allah and Hazrat Muhammad S.A.W is the key of success
Muhammad Hakeem
a great knowledge, this book will lead you to the right path
Bushra Joyo
Warning: Spoiler Alert

Pir e Kamil was not my everyday Judith McgNaught fairy tale story where a beautiful girl who belongs from an underprivileged background falls in love with a ruthless handsome prince and in the end everything gets lovely. Well yes in this story as well everything gets better in the end but the non linear structure Umera Ahmed has given to the story is simply beautiful.

The damsel does not leave her comfortable life for the love of a man but she leaves all her comforts only f
Myrrh-of
There's a guy Salar Sikander. At first, he has all the qualities needed to hate someone. And there is this girl in his neighbourhood who isn't muslim and she changes her religions. She fights for her own rights. She fights even against her family. The girl has to take help from Salaar Sikander at some point and the story turns in a very different way. He changes in a way that noone recognizes him. Umera Ahmed has done her best job in this novel.
The best of novels, I have read so far.
Munnaza Saddal
this is the most amazing book i have ever read....too good..i dont have words to say......the deep love for holly prophet(PBUH)and ALLAH ALMIGHTY.....i appreciate author's work...she has done marvelous job.....
Ilsa
A book that makes one understand and realise the aim of our existence on this finite planet. It has an effect not only on the heart and mind but on the soul, an effect that will linger on for a lifetime.
Zareen
Ramsha gulzar
this is the most great book n +the subject it was vry nice n touchy
i jus wana say that UMAIRA AHMED ia simply great
Abubakar
I bought this book with very high expectations, but I was bitterly disappointed. The story is entirely based on themes of dissatisfaction regarding ones life and religious belief. Now, such a sensitive topic has extensively been discussed in literature, but this writer dealt it with most amateur manner. She adamantly resorted to humiliate a religious minority (whose beliefs are much contradictory to the Islamic teachings) and used most derogatory language against the spiritual leader of this par ...more
Jugnoo
I think that every one should read this book... Very interesting & good book
Zuberi
is se achi book meine apni pori life men nhi prhi,
i love this book
Cosmy
The most unforgettable and most favorite Urdu novel I've Ever read!
Sam
one of the best books!!!!
  • Raja Gidh
  • Mushaf
  • Humsafar
  • Zaviya 1
  • Shahabnama
  • Shikwa and Jawab-i-Shikwa (Complaint and Answer)
  • Alipur ka Eli
  • اردو کی آخری کتاب [Urdu Ki Akhri Kitaab]
  • Nuskha-ha-e-Wafa
  • امراؤ جان ادا [Umrao Jaan Ada]
  • دیوانِ غالب
عمیرہ احمد کا شمار دورِ حاضر کے مقبول ترین اردو ناول اور ڈراما نگاروں میں ہوتا ہے۔ عمیرہ 10 دسمبر 1976ء کو صوبۂ پنجاب، پاکستان کے مشہور شہر سیالکوٹ میں پیدا ہوئیں اور مرے کالج، سیالکوٹ سے انگریزی ادب میں ماسٹرز کیا۔ وہ آرمی پبلک کالج، سیالکوٹ میں انگریزی زبان کی تدریس کرتی رہیں۔ بعد ازاں، تحریری کاموں پر پوری توجہ دینے کے لیے اُنھوں نے ملازمت چھوڑ دی۔
عمیرہ نے بہ طور مصنفہ اپنے کیریئر کا آغاز 1998ء
More about Umera Ahmed...
Meri Zaat Zarra-e-Benishan Zindagi Gulzar Hai Amar Bail La Hasil Iman Umeed Aur Mohabbat

“‗In life, at sometime or another we come to a point where all relationships cease—where there is only us and Allah. There are no parents, brother or sister, or any friend. Then we realise that there is no earth under us nor is there sky above, but only Allah who is supporting us in this emptiness. Then we realise our worth – it is not more than a grain of sand or the leaf of a plant. Then we realise our existence is only confined to our being. Our demise makes not a whit of difference to the world around us, nor to the scheme of things.” 71 likes
“What is next to ecstasy?"
"Pain."
"What is next to pain?"
"Nothingness."
"What is next to nothingness?"
"Hell.”