Start by marking “Not Your Everyday Housewife (That Second Chance, #5)” as Want to Read:
Not Your Everyday Housewife (That Second Chance, #5)

Not Your Everyday Housewife (That Second Chance #5)

3.63  ·  Rating Details  ·  287 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Three women embark on a month long ‘discovery’ journey and uncover quite a few tidbits along the way…one bottle of Clairol Midnight will not cover a full head of red hair, and never talk to men wearing polyester pants hiked up with a tan belt. But most of what they unearth is about themselves—who they are, what they really want, what they really DON'T want. The center of c ...more
Published October 4th 2011 by Mary Camipsi

To ask other readers questions about Not Your Everyday Housewife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not Your Everyday Housewife

Melody Anne
Apr 18, 2012 Melody Anne rated it it was amazing
This isn't my usual kind of book, but it was on the top 100 freebees, so I decided I had nothing to lose by trying it out. I was so happy I read it, and it would be worth paying for. The characters were developed so well, and the interactions were amazing. I felt like I was sitting in the restraunt with them, and I could feel the problems they were going through. I started reading, thinking I'd only spend about 15 minutes before I had to get stuff done, and I ended up reading for hours. I just c ...more
Jennifer Gallagher
Mary Campisi wrote this 5th book in the second chance series about three 40's women.. So fantastic to see a book about lives and loves of older women..From the first page I was hooked completely.. these women are friends yet so so different..The three women one who feels she is taken for granted.. one whose husband is a serial adulterer.. and one whose husband kept a secret from her for 2 years.. of course they are all tied together by their close friendship even through their differences ... Th ...more
Michele Whitecotton
Apr 16, 2012 Michele Whitecotton rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It's about three women who are having trouble in their marriages and decide to take a month long vacation. The three bonded all over again and took their lives back. I really liked all the characters. It was a pretty quick read and the story flowed nicely. I got this as a free Kindle book but it was worth paying for, I liked it very much. I reccommend this book and will read others by this author.
Martha
May 11, 2012 Martha rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
It wasn't as fun as I thought it would be. Some of the plot didn't make sense to me, but it was entertaining.
Pamela Johnston
Apr 18, 2012 Pamela Johnston rated it liked it
Not bad for a freebie. An easy read, but nothing memorable.
Monica
May 13, 2012 Monica rated it really liked it
Shelves: woman-s-romance
This book took me right along with these three friends as they took a vacation from their everyday lives as wives. I went on the adventures with them, shared their deepest secrets,cried with them through their heartbreaks and shouted joys of glee when they discovered who they truly were. this is a book that every worman over 35 should read. It will take her back to true friends and how sharing those ups and downs is the true fiber of what really makes any relationship what it is. These three wom ...more
Debby Brown
Jul 15, 2013 Debby Brown rated it it was ok
My last night on vacation, I was looking for something light to read. I found this book on my Kindle, downloaded as a free offer from Amazon. While I was reading, my husband asked how the book was. I replied, "It was free and I'm afraid that I paid too much for it." After finishing the book, that still holds true.

This was definitely light, but it wasn't a good book. The characters were one-dimensional and I didn't care much about them. There were errors in the book, the kind that drive a reader
Anna
Jun 19, 2015 Anna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. It was a tad predictable but it also had parts that kept me guessing. I am surprised by the Roofie angle for Cyn, but I am really glad that Derry was able to pull her out of it.
Alicia
Nov 18, 2014 Alicia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
This free book has been on my kindle for quite s while so I decided to try it. It just wasn't my kind of book. I found the characters shallow and I really didn't like any of them.
Kamille
Didn't love it enough to finish.
Ramona
Jun 25, 2015 Ramona rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Well I didn't toss it aside midway, but let's just say there was a reason it was a free kindle giveaway.
Nina
Jul 23, 2014 Nina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice chick-lit with a few twists. Good if you want a relaxing read. I have read a few books by this author and have never been dissapointed.
Christy
Aug 09, 2013 Christy rated it liked it
It wasn't a horrible book, but it wasn't a book that I couldn't put down either. In fact, I left it alone several days here and there. This was a free book that's been on my kindle for a while. It's the story of 3 friends who take 6 weeks off from their family and go live at a B&B 500 miles away to "find" themselves. Completely not believable TO ME, therefore, I couldn't relate.
Jan 07, 2014 Jennifer rated it liked it
Shelves: adult-girl-power
this book was a good light read. I enjoy stories of women supporting each other through life...it was entertaining, but almost too many plot twist. it seemed to go on and on a bit.
Adela Carmona
Jul 08, 2012 Adela Carmona rated it really liked it
Got this book as a free Kindle download. I must say, it was pleasantly enjoyable. A fun story about some girlfriends, with some real life drama. Very well written. I will definitely check out her other books. This was an easy, light weekend read.
Jolie
Jul 23, 2012 Jolie rated it really liked it
Very good chick lit book. Tells the story of 3 women (1 a housewife, 1 a socialite and 1 a nurse) who take a trip to Ogunquit, Maine to find themselves and reevaluate their relationships/lives. A quick read and very well told.
Sara
May 17, 2012 Sara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
The book was cute, if kind of predictable. It tells the story of three married women who are frustrated with their current lives and decide to take an impromtu vacation to get away from it all.
Alison  Johnson
May 19, 2012 Alison Johnson rated it liked it
A book about three women that "run away" from home.to think about their lives. Fairly good book. It kept me entertained until right before the ending. It was worth reading.
Laurie
Apr 26, 2012 Laurie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not normally my kind of book, but totally sucked in by the characters. Excellent character development to the point I felt I was there. Realistic story with great details.
Kathy
Jul 08, 2014 Kathy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
this was a free kindle book. it was an "okay" read. the story moves along nicely, but there was nothing really remarkable in it for me to give it a higher rating
Michelle
Jul 07, 2012 Michelle rated it it was ok
Cutesie little story. Nothing earth shattering here, but a quick, fun read. Some of the characters' names cracked me up.
Camandwmm
Jul 10, 2012 Camandwmm rated it really liked it
Three women friends in their 40's take a trip to get a new perspective on life. They have some very interesting adventures.
Rainey
Feb 10, 2016 Rainey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. The plot was not predictable and I really enjoyed the relationship between the friends.
Contessa
Apr 24, 2012 Contessa rated it liked it
Easy read. Good if you just want to get away from your own life and enjoy the freedom in these three women.
Isabel
Apr 18, 2012 Isabel rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this one, enough to buy 3 more of her books, I am a fan!
Happychic
Feb 28, 2013 Happychic rated it really liked it
Sure wished I could have gone with them. Was a good read
Kellie Burr
Jun 15, 2012 Kellie Burr rated it it was amazing
Absolutely loved this book - a great read.
Michelle [Helen Geek]
Apr 10, 2012 Michelle [Helen Geek] marked it as to-read
Recommended to Michelle by: Sounds cute
Shelves: tbr-kindle
Free on Amazon today [04/10/2012].
Taylor Cleaves
Apr 19, 2012 Taylor Cleaves rated it really liked it
very heart warming, good read.
Lori Millar
Jun 18, 2013 Lori Millar rated it liked it
A nice summer read, I liked it
  • Happy Hour
  • Confessions of a Cake Addict
  • Infinitely More
  • Sin and Vengeance
  • Runaway Choices
  • The Lost Scrolls (Jonathan Munro Adventures, #1)
  • A Proper Charlie
  • Nickels
I write emotion-packed books about second chances. Whether contemporary romances, women's fiction, or Regency historicals, my books all center on belief in the beauty of that second chance.

I should have known I'd become a writer when at age thirteen I began changing the ending to all the books I read. It took several years and a number of jobs, including registered nurse, receptionist in a swanky
More about Mary Campisi...

That Second Chance (6 books)
  • Pulling Home (That Second Chance, #1)
  • The Way They Were (That Second Chance, #2)
  • Simple Riches (That Second Chance, #3)
  • Paradise Found (That Second Chance, #4)
  • The Butterfly Garden (That Second Chance, #6)