Start by marking “Battle Royale, Vol. 12 (Battle Royale, #12)” as Want to Read:
Battle Royale, Vol. 12 (Battle Royale, #12)

Battle Royale, Vol. 12 (Battle Royale #12)

4.21  ·  Rating Details  ·  878 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
You cannot fight what you cannot see. You cannot kill someone who is dead on the inside. It is the defiantly human animal that is forced to kill without porpose...

When Sugimura realizes that he can't beat Kiriyama, he turns to protecting Kotohiki at all costs. But Kiriyama might just beat him to the kill, because he has an ace up his sleeve: Oda's Kevlar vest!

Meanwhile, Ka
Published April 12th 2005 by TokyoPop (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Battle Royale, Vol. 12, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Battle Royale, Vol. 12

Russell Doiron
Jun 19, 2011 Russell Doiron rated it liked it
I had to stop here. This was my first run through an entire series of manga, and I couldn't even bring myself to finish it. I had made the mistake of reading Koushun Takami's novel before going through the manga series, and I found myself picking apart some of the events, realizing they weren't portrayed correctly. Most of the artists' effort went towards excessive nudity/unnecessary magnitudes of gore. I realize the story that is being addressed, but I still feel as if they were trying too hard ...more
Velvetea
Ahhh! He died!!! He was my favorite!! WHHHHYYYYYYY!!!! *screams on knees, arms raised*
Jewel
Apr 23, 2015 Jewel rated it really liked it
3.5
*Miss Fame*
Jun 23, 2015 *Miss Fame* rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, adult
Oh man…. Oh man. UGH!! Okay, the battle between Sugimura and Kiriyama was EPIC! Of course it was.. but UGH!!!!!!!!! (view spoiler)

This has been my favorite panel so far this entire series. There is something so beautiful about this image… Taguchi-san did a fantastic job here.

photo WP_20150623_003_zps6jlp20e4.jpg

Sugi…. *heartbreak*
Indah Threez Lestari
Apr 02, 2011 Indah Threez Lestari rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, in-english
Baca ulang.

Nyaris buta, Sugimura berhasil menyempurnakan penguasaan khi-nya. Tapi dasar jenius tiada tara, Kiriyama berhasil mencuri ilmunya setelah sekali melihatnya... *hiks, jadi ingat adegan pibu Thio Bu Ki di Kong-beng-teng*

Yap, Sugimura kalah! Tapi saat Kiriyama hampir membunuh Kayoko, Sugimura sempat menembak Kiriyama dengan Uzi-nya sendiri. Makanya jangan simpan senjata di sembarang tempat.

Tapi... twist plot lagi, meski sudah diberondong peluru, Kiriyama bangkit lagi dan menghabisi Sugim
Taruia
Sep 18, 2014 Taruia rated it really liked it
Part 2 of Kiriyama versus the Battle Royale version of Brad and Angelina (awwww) Hiroki and Kayoko. There is a lot of shouting in this volume (it was like Shuya was actually in the room). Is is looking like Kiriyama might actually get there ... crikey.
Liannis
Jul 27, 2015 Liannis rated it really liked it
Shelves: dystopian, twisted, 2015, manga
This was a pretty good series, though there are a few points where you have to suspend your disbelief and scenes that are a bit drawn out. I know why they did it that way, but still. This is pretty fucked up the whole way through, so beware of that.
Cristhian
Dec 08, 2015 Cristhian rated it really liked it
This could have been a tie and a proper send off de Sugi y Kirayama.

Pero no.
Tays
Jul 31, 2015 Tays rated it really liked it
Kiriyama or Mitsuko, there really is no great option for those three...
Tracy Klein
I am so done with you, you effing gary stu. Look what you made me do.
Lyra
Jul 10, 2014 Lyra rated it really liked it
Reread.
Waterfall
I would give this five stars if it hadn't been for the unnessecarily graphicly erotic scene with Mitsuko. In an earlier volume the graphic eroticism served as a disturbing counterpoint to the equally disturbing graphic violence (which was done very well imo), but here it seems like nothing more than male fanservice that also paints a disturbing picture of incest victims... but that's a problem with the character as a whole and not just here.

Apart from that I liked it, it was epically tragic.
Shanu
Jun 19, 2013 Shanu rated it did not like it
I liked the transcendent part in vol. 11 but here it just got caricatured and dragon ball z-ish. Also even if it was expected that Kazuo would make it to the last 5, i didn't liked how "invincible" he seems. I understand that he is to be seen as a robot (and i don't complain on the lack of feelings or words from him) but the cape and the invincibility to EVERYTHING (the guy survived a freaking explosion!) make him grotesque.
Federiken Masters
Estoy bastante seguro de que había "readeado" todos los tomos del manga de Battle Royale, pero por algún motivo parece que cuando el infame Deleted Member empezó a borrar ediciones a rolete, hubo ediciones que directamente desaparecieron. Por ahora copipasteo esto a toda la serie para disminuir el riesgo de que vuelvan a hacer una forrada semejante.
Amanda Pearl
I don't like how they changed Hiroki and Kayoko at all :( The first half of this was pretty terrible. I do like the introduction to the final five, it's the beginning of the end.
Fredrik
Nov 15, 2012 Fredrik rated it liked it
Review keroyokan untuk satu serial ada di sini: Review manga Battle Royale :)
Jake
Aug 17, 2012 Jake rated it it was amazing
Battered and fatally wounded will Sugimura be able to defeat the deadly killing machine Kiriyama?
John Wilson
Apr 09, 2012 John Wilson rated it it was ok
Shelves: hey-kids-comics
Throws the towel in, waves the white flag and other sundry giving-up metaphors...
Jenna
Apr 20, 2014 Jenna rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own, manga
Such a good manga series. A great adaption with wonderful art work.
Stefychan
Aug 04, 2012 Stefychan rated it really liked it
1a Edizione marzo 2005 PlayPress
Anton
Anton added it
Feb 08, 2016
Nina Hahaj
Nina Hahaj marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2016
Ben
Ben rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2016
Petra
Petra is currently reading it
Feb 01, 2016
Renée
Renée added it
Jan 31, 2016
Jéssica
Jéssica marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Sheila
Sheila added it
Jan 29, 2016
  • Gantz /11
  • Berserk, Vol. 16
  • Deadman Wonderland Volume 11 (Deadman Wonderland, #11)
  • Elfen Lied Vol. 10
Koushun Takami (高見 広春 Takami Kōshun, born 1969) is the author of the novel Battle Royale, originally published in Japanese, and later translated into English by Yuji Oniki and published by Viz Media and, later, in an expanded edition by Haika Soru, a division of Viz Media.

Takami was born in Amagasaki, Hyōgo Prefecture near Osaka and grew up in the Kagawa Prefecture of Shikoku. After graduating fro
More about Koushun Takami...

Battle Royale (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 01 (Battle Royale, #1)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 02 (Battle Royale, #2)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 03 (Battle Royale, #3)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 04 (Battle Royale, #4)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 05 (Battle Royale, #5)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 06 (Battle Royale, #6)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 07 (Battle Royale, #7)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 08 (Battle Royale, #8)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 09 (Battle Royale, #9)
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 10 (Battle Royale, #10)