Start by marking “Mission of Honor (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #9)” as Want to Read:
Mission of Honor (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #9)

Mission of Honor (Tom Clancy's Op-Center #9)

3.83  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,130 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews

On the surface it seems a simple case: a group of African militiamen have kidnapped a priest and ordered all Catholic missionaries to leave the nation of Botswana. But the Vatican thinks otherwise. At its urging, Op-Center investigates -- and finds that the real purpose of the crime is a plan by outside forces to destabilize the government and seize the nation's diamond m

Published June 4th 2002 by Berkley (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Mission of Honor, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mission of Honor

Jonah
Jan 05, 2016 Jonah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a fantastic book with lots of twists and turns that you would never see coming. I, like a lot of people, tried to solve the plot before all of the information was given and it completely blew my mind. I would recommend this book and the entire series to anyone who is looking to be surprised around every corner. It does start a little slow for my taste however, which is why I gave it 4 stars. But again, a fantastic book and an amazing series.
Gabriel Garcia
May 31, 2012 Gabriel Garcia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When the African Militia kidnaps a Catholic they demand the all Catholic missionaries to leave Botswana. In response the Religious headquarters (the Vatican) request a task force known as Op-Center to handle business and diffuse the situation. In the past Striker's excellent work has led to successful missions however now decommissioned Op-Center is forced to reconstruct itself into a dynamic force as it once was. In the mist of all this they must also deal with a conspiracy that is later proven ...more
Edwin Kort
Niet wat ik gewend ben van een Clancy. Heb veel lovende recensies gelezen, maar kan me daar helemaal niet in vinden. Er zat weinig tot geen tempo in en met veel open einden in het verhaal.

Peter Charleston
Centered around the commands office workings and less on a mission. Seemed like a filler leading into the next book.
Stephen F Smith
Apr 06, 2016 Stephen F Smith rated it liked it
Doesn't come up to same standard

I think some of the earlier books in the series were more engaging. To it's credit, however, it does continue the tradition of exploring the human frailties of it's characters.
Ayelet
Jan 20, 2016 Ayelet rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Despite the action, this one focused more on the personalities and reactions of the people working at Op-Center.
Tony
Dec 07, 2015 Tony rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A little slow. Not the best I've read.
Larry
Dec 26, 2013 Larry rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
This is interesting to see how government security works. It is a bit unrealistic, having these rebels trust an unknown woman. We learn about other religions -- Catholics, Voodoo.

I didn't like the book leaving me hanging at the end, with no closure on killing of the replacement for the Priest.
Paul
An okay read. Just a book about a mission. I think it feels more like an account of a mission rather than any actual story. Other than that I felt there were a lot of loose ends that weren't address (i.e. the role of the Japanese and what happens to the bad guys). Don't know if I want to pick up another one in this series.
David Donaghe
Jun 21, 2011 David Donaghe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A group of African miltiamen kidnap a Catholic priest and order all Catolic missionaries to leave Boswana. A voodoo priest desires to return the country to its native religion.

This is a typical Tom Clancy type thriller. It's worth the read.

David Donaghe
Author of Monroe's Paranormal Investigations
and Tale Spinner
Phillip
This installment was the second book not written by Clancy. it was written by Jeff Rovin. He captured the main ideas of op-center, but left me wanting something more. This is a series that should have been finished by the author that started writing it.
Jim
Jul 09, 2010 Jim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 of 5 stars for Tom Clancy's Op-Center: Mission of Honor; the next installment of the Op-Center series. Perhaps not the strongest story of the series and the abridgement chopped it up pretty badly. Still a good book and I do recommend it.
Certo
Nov 15, 2015 Certo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: war
An amazing story that shows the people of Southern Africa. The religious aspect of the story also lends an amazing comparison of Vodunism Religion and Catholic Religion.
David Foster
OK but I don't appreciate suspense from Clancy. Great detail on modern technology vs terrorists.
John Heyser
Awesome series... But must read all the way through otherwise you may get lost.
Margaret Rossignol
Had a hard time getting through this one for some reason
Stephen Marquez
Always a good read from Tom Clancy.
Hazel
Aug 04, 2011 Hazel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good series.
Michael Berry
Michael Berry rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2016
Sonja Tanrisever
Sonja Tanrisever rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2016
Lindsay Stewart
Lindsay Stewart marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2016
Sue
Sue rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2016
Ida M
Ida M rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2016
Robert Everetts
Robert Everetts rated it really liked it
Aug 19, 2016
John
John rated it it was amazing
Aug 22, 2016
Bob
Bob rated it really liked it
Aug 17, 2016
Mario Antonio
Mario Antonio rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2016
Cheyenne
Cheyenne marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2016
dutch description and ISBN13 1 1 May 25, 2014 08:15AM
  • Cold War (Tom Clancy's Power Plays, #5)
  • Changing of the Guard (Tom Clancy's Net Force, #8)
  • The Hunted (Tom Clancy's EndWar, #2)
  • One is the Loneliest Number (Tom Clancy's Net Force Explorers, #3)
  • Duel Identity (Tom Clancy's Net Force Explorers, #12)

Tom Clancy's Op-Center (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Op-Center (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #1)
  • Mirror Image (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #2)
  • Games of State (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #3)
  • Acts of War (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #4)
  • Balance of Power (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #5)
  • State of Siege (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #6)
  • Divide and Conquer (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #7)
  • Line of Control (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #8)
  • Sea of Fire (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #10)
  • Call to Treason (Tom Clancy's Op-Center, #11)

“a man’s value was not in his mode of mobility but what was inside.” 0 likes