Start by marking “Exposure” as Want to Read:
Exposure

Exposure

3.49  ·  Rating Details  ·  107 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
Julie is tired of being tormented at school, tired of not fitting in and being the butt of jokes. When her brother brings home a camera with images of her chief tormentor in a compromising situation, she sees a way to level the playing field. When her attempt at turning the tables goes wrong, she is left even more on the outside and struggling to do the right thing.
Published March 1st 2006 by Orca Book Publishers (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Exposure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Exposure

Kaleigh
Sep 26, 2015 Kaleigh rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! I started to read it because the author is my mothers friend. AMAZING
Kate
Jan 15, 2016 Kate rated it liked it
This book is about a girl named Julie that is really insecure about herself mainly because this girl named Dana bully's her. Julie finds out some pretty bad stuff about Dana and uses it to make Dana's life miserable, but it goes a little too far. I personally didn't like this book that much because the whole concept just wasn't interesting and it seemed dumb. It was really gossipy and dramatic. Near the end it did get more interesting I wanted to keep reading and I found myself reading faster an ...more
Jacob
Nov 06, 2015 Jacob rated it it was amazing
I read Exposure and I have to say it was a pretty good book. Not only did I love what it was about but it was very short! So it’s an easy A. All the characters are all interesting. The book caught my attention all throughout it. Jenny is the main character of the book. She is a bit chubby, and she lets what people say get to her, and man, does that girl have a bully on her hands (Dana). Dana tells Jenny to kill herself and terrible things like that. So Jenny gets Dana back very very awesomely. ...more
!Kyle!
Apr 23, 2009 !Kyle! rated it liked it
this book was ok it was boring to me.I would not recomend it it was not a good book. this book is mainly about a girl who is exposed by people.
Dafnee
Feb 19, 2015 Dafnee rated it really liked it
February 19, 2015 Exposure Pg # Fiction
1. The thing i enjoyed most about my novel was the topic of the story. I didn't like that the story was so short, would've been more interesting if it was longer.

2. The main characters was a teenager named Julie, her brother , and her bully. Julie wasn't the most really like all the other girls, she was a bit bigger then other girls. Her bully, well she was like the queen of the school. Everyone liked her and she was very pretty. Her brother was an ordinary
Allendra
Nov 22, 2010 Allendra rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Children 13 and older
Recommended to Allendra by: Morgan
Do you like books that leave you full of suspense? Do you like being surprised with unexpected endings? If the answer to these questions is yes, then Exposure by Patricia Murdoch is the book for you. This is a realistic fiction book that will help you understand that everything you do has a consequence that may be good or bad.

The main character, Julie, faces a problem many girls face in junior high and high school and that is a mean girl. Dana is Julie’s mean girl and goes out of her way to mak
Thomas
Dec 17, 2014 Thomas rated it really liked it
This is a book about bullying. This is more recommended for girls than boys. But, still was a great read. I enjoyed reading this book. It was not really action packed. But, it did actually make me think if I was a girl and that happened to me how would I react. It takes a huge twist at the very end and what you think would happens ends up not happening. I was not a big fan of the ending because I felt something big was going to happen but it does not end up how I assumed.
Jordan Sweem
Mar 04, 2009 Jordan Sweem rated it it was amazing
The book Exposure was really good it kept my atteniton the whole book.This book is about a young girl named Julie and she having to go through school not being the "most popular" and not so pretty and she is the girl with not as many friends. But there is one girl who has to make everything a whole lot worse and that would be Julies enemy Dana.
Julie has an older brother and they dont't get along to much. She has a best friend named sammy and they do everything together! Her mother always refers
Vanessa
Nov 15, 2008 Vanessa added it
Recommends it for: people who like to read easy chick flicks
Recommended to Vanessa by: nobody
this book awas really easy to read and i think that its for people who ahave a really low reading level . i really like it and what drew me to it was the cover becasue it looked like a chick flick and it really is so if you really like to read chick flicks but you like them to be easy then read this i can guarentee that you wil be done in just a couple of days if you read it everyday and make effort to.

Its about how this girl is really good and she gets teased and always picked on by this one gi
Adam Prouse
The theme in this book is that you should never go to someones level when they are bullying you or you should never bully. In the book the author expresses this by making someone a bully and then becoming the target to really show from a lot of different points of view how bad bullying is and why you should not do it. the author also illustrates the fine line between being the bully and being bullied. In the book the main character is being bullied and hates her life and the girl bullying her, b ...more
Ann
May 12, 2015 Ann added it
Shelves: ya-lit
Julie hates Dana; Dana makes Julie's life miserable. But then Julie gets a big break--she discovers secrets that can ruin Dana. But will she put herself or her own brother in danger? Will she lose her best friend while trying to get revenge?
Louisapenka
Mar 25, 2009 Louisapenka rated it really liked it
Recommended to Louisapenka by: Alli Peck
Shelves: book-club
Exposure was a great book. As I read this book, I had a well- drawn out picture of the characters and the places she goes. Patricia does an awesome job! This book is about a girl named Julie and she gets picked on by a girl named Dana. As soon as Julie finds things out about Dana from her brother, the real story begins. Julie knows that her getting bullied around will soon end, as soon as Julie tells her what all she finds out about Dana. Read this mysterous book, and find out what happens that ...more
Shyshy246
Apr 01, 2014 Shyshy246 rated it liked it
Shelves: crain-contest
She was a happier than she have ever been for a long time. Everything was crashing down around Dana. finally she was getting some justice. She wrote a Smile Dana, with a happy face night beside it.
Heidi
Apr 20, 2011 Heidi rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2011
As is typical of the Orca Soundings series, the book is written at a level accessible to most middle school students and is an excellent resource for ELL and struggling readers. Julie just can't seem to get away from her tormentor, Dana, the popular girl who can seem to do no wrong. The bullying has been going on for years. When Julie's brother, Zack, inadvertently tells of Dana being at a party, Julie thinks that at last princess Dana isn't perfect. Then she find a camera disk containing pictur ...more
Ashley Ramirez
Jan 28, 2015 Ashley Ramirez rated it it was amazing
AMAZING!!! I really liked this book it left me spechlesss.
Crystal
May 29, 2013 Crystal rated it it was amazing
great easy read. i purchased this book from the used books at my library. it originally came from a local high school library. in my opinion this book should still be there. i would say its an extremely cookie cutter version of what could happen. you have a version of a social outcast and a popular girl.. it ended very cleanly and happily.. but not everyone is so lucky. i wish more teens would THINK before things happen. this book shows how very quickly things can get around and how they can abr ...more
Emmanuel
Nov 09, 2014 Emmanuel rated it liked it
Mar 05, 2015 Sarah rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult
This is published by Orca, which means that it's great for young adult readers with a low reading level. It's thin and has an interesting cover. Cell phones taking pictures at parties....bound to get interesting!

Book Summary: Julie, tired of being bullied and not fitting in, gets a chance for revenge when her brother captures her cheif tormento, Dana, in a compromising position, but she learns that getting even does not feel as good as she thought it would.
Da Hua Ruan
May 10, 2010 Da Hua Ruan rated it liked it
This book was kind of interesting because it talks bout how 2 unfriendly people got to friends. They didn't really like each other at first, but then they help each other at the end. they both didn't like each other. they had a bad experience of each other, but in the end they still got to be friends.
Megan Herbst
Oct 07, 2012 Megan Herbst rated it liked it
It was an okay book a lot of he said she said. The ending was positive. Julie ended up doing the right thing in the end and Dana became a better person. Never judge a book by the cover !!! There was exposure but it could of been way worse!
Brad
Nov 02, 2008 Brad rated it it was ok
This is about some girl having another girl named Dana as an enemy then the girl got some dirt on Dana and started using it but then she decided she was being too mean and gave up what she had to Dana.
Camden Cummings
Mar 31, 2009 Camden Cummings rated it liked it
Shelves: book-club
This was a very good book. I was actually shocked at how good it was. If you can make it through the boring first 50 pages it turns out to be really good. I think everyone can learn something from it too.
Jessie
Nov 09, 2012 Jessie rated it liked it
Shelves: canada
I read the Orca Soundings books when I'm looking for something quick and easy but they never grab my attention.
Scott Reynolds
It was okay. I thought the book would be completely different. I will sum up saying I didn't like it.
Tiyonda Davis
Jan 22, 2010 Tiyonda Davis rated it really liked it
Danna is bulling the narrtor. So the narrtor go home and tells her mother what happen
Lisa
May 03, 2011 Lisa rated it liked it
Shelves: 9th-grade-shelf
I don't know if an easy book would count for one of my 25 but this was an O.K book.
Ashleym
so far theirs this girl name Dana and she loves to pick on girls thats fat.
Tweller83
Oct 20, 2009 Tweller83 rated it it was ok
bullying, high school girls, high interest/low reading level
Larissa
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Big shocker great book!
Leslie Luna♫♪
Dec 08, 2009 Leslie Luna♫♪ rated it did not like it
didn't like it...
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
A language arts teacher, Patricia Murdoch knows all too well the importance of learning to read and the power of a strong story. She lives in Bradford, Ontario.
More about Patricia Murdoch...