Start by marking “Code” as Want to Read:
Code

Code

3.45 of 5 stars 3.45  ·  rating details  ·  73 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Overcoming a childhood beset by civil war in East Africa and living on welfare in Chicago, the author grew up to attend Harvard on scholarship. Asgedom shares his experiences, insights, and five proven secrets that will help teens succeed in high school and beyond.
Published October 15th 2007 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published September 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Code, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Code

Tatiana
I like "Of Beetles and Angels" so much that I was curious about this book by the same author. He is now a motivational speaker for teens, and this is his system to help teens transform their lives. I liked the book a lot and think it would be a great tool for any young person, or even an old person, who's looking to become someone more than they are. Mawi's code is illustrated by events from his life, and he poses all the sections as questions, asking the reader who they want to be, how they wan ...more
Mya
It was helpful. I read it because it was an assignment, but it was good nonetheless. I recommend it if you are going through tough times. Asgedom really touched on a lot of soft spots, that I think A LOT of other teenagers have. It's not just for teenagers, though; ADULTS ARE MORE THAN WELCOME. He lives in Chicago... I'm there right now actually, but you know. In conclusion, it was a wonderful book.
Chol
This books talks about what success is and what u need to be successful in life and your future. How you can change and how u can get a better education in your life, its talks all about what you need and what you want.
Sidney
This book really helps you when you have know place to turn or need help in life. The author Mawi Asgedom is a modavational speaker and in the book he uses some of his life examples to explain and prove pionts it is a pretty good book.
Ade
Inspiratif. Luar bisa, buku yang menggerakkan. Tiap selesai membaca satu babnya, tubuh seolah tidak dapat melawan semangat untuk berubah. And life become so wonderful!
Mingo Johnson
I Learn in the "The Code" five secrets that can help teens change the way they live.I think all teenagers should read this book.
Heidi
This book is excellent, excellent and did I mention excellent?
Ismael
Oct 22, 2008 Ismael rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Freshman Students
Recommended to Ismael by: Myself
I read a few pages so far I like it (I Guess)
Rosie Marrows
Rosie Marrows marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Bailey It.
Bailey It. is currently reading it
Jan 24, 2015
Bookworm2002
Bookworm2002 is currently reading it
Dec 29, 2014
Shannon Fischer
Shannon Fischer marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Amy
Amy marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Michael Genovese
Michael Genovese marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Hung Le
Hung Le marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
The Code Discussion 1 8 Jul 11, 2008 09:04PM
Of Beetles and Angels: A Boy's Remarkable Journey from a Refugee Camp to Harvard Beyond Character Education The Third Harmony The 5 Powers of an Educator: How Educators and Parents Inspire Youth The Success GPA