Start by marking “Code” as Want to Read:
Code

Code

Overcoming a childhood beset by civil war in East Africa and living on welfare in Chicago, the author grew up to attend Harvard on scholarship. Asgedom shares his experiences, insights, and five proven secrets that will help teens succeed in high school and beyond.
Published October 15th 2007 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published September 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Code, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Code

Tatiana
May 30, 2009 Tatiana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
I like "Of Beetles and Angels" so much that I was curious about this book by the same author. He is now a motivational speaker for teens, and this is his system to help teens transform their lives. I liked the book a lot and think it would be a great tool for any young person, or even an old person, who's looking to become someone more than they are. Mawi's code is illustrated by events from his life, and he poses all the sections as questions, asking the reader who they want to be, how they wan ...more
Mya
It was helpful. I read it because it was an assignment, but it was good nonetheless. I recommend it if you are going through tough times. Asgedom really touched on a lot of soft spots, that I think A LOT of other teenagers have. It's not just for teenagers, though; ADULTS ARE MORE THAN WELCOME. He lives in Chicago... I'm there right now actually, but you know. In conclusion, it was a wonderful book.
Chol
Sep 09, 2011 Chol rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This books talks about what success is and what u need to be successful in life and your future. How you can change and how u can get a better education in your life, its talks all about what you need and what you want.
Tanle
Aug 08, 2011 Tanle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

Murphy
May 15, 2015 Murphy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“The Code”
By: Mawi Asgedom
Do you ever feel like you are depressed and have no help? Well so did the author. Mawi Asgendom in the book “The Code.” In this book the author tells many life goals that helped Mawi with his depression in is life. So if you are looking for any help of you know anyone that needs help then this is the book to read.
In this book, Mawi divides the chapeters into five different sections. In all these chapters it gives you helpful tips such as “Choose Your Own Direction.”
Britain
The book that I read is called The Code "The 5 secrets of teen success. The book is about a Ethiopian refugee boy who talks about him becoming successful with just a press of a button. The boy name is Mawi Asgedom. Mawi spreads throughout the story explaining to the reader about the 5 secrets of being a successful teen. The first secret is "Win The Inner Battle." What this is saying is that before you try to take on the world first you will have to have control over your mind in order to succeed ...more
Mac  Ross
Sep 15, 2013 Mac Ross rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mawi has concisely produced a book that will interest and inspire teens. I work with disadvantaged teens and I am making this book required reading. The book is easy to understand and Mawi's personal stories and wonderful illustrations make it fun.
It is very difficult to get teens excited about learning but Mawi has done it.
Ori Rivault
Jan 20, 2016 Ori Rivault rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book and it temporarily got me out my depression slump.

It was very interesting, intriguing, inspiring, time-investment worthy, I honestly loved it.

I would have never read it if it wasn't for my neighbor moving away and giving it to me.

This was great, not just for teens, but for adults and children of all ages.
Let the human race flourish in Mawi Asgedom's wise words
Sidney
Jul 11, 2008 Sidney rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book really helps you when you have know place to turn or need help in life. The author Mawi Asgedom is a modavational speaker and in the book he uses some of his life examples to explain and prove pionts it is a pretty good book.
Bukari
Jul 27, 2015 Bukari rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
good
Mingo Johnson Jr
I Learn in the "The Code" five secrets that can help teens change the way they live.I think all teenagers should read this book.
Bailey It.
Jan 24, 2015 Bailey It. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book for AVID.
Ismael
Oct 22, 2008 Ismael rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Freshman Students
Recommended to Ismael by: Myself
I read a few pages so far I like it (I Guess)
Ade
Aug 31, 2008 Ade rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inspiratif. Luar bisa, buku yang menggerakkan. Tiap selesai membaca satu babnya, tubuh seolah tidak dapat melawan semangat untuk berubah. And life become so wonderful!
Leigh Ann
Leigh Ann rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2010
Olivia
Olivia rated it did not like it
May 03, 2012
Ashley
Ashley rated it it was ok
Sep 02, 2016
Alyssa Koepsel
Alyssa Koepsel rated it it was amazing
Jun 11, 2014
Josh Jackson
Josh Jackson rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2014
Kara
Kara rated it liked it
May 01, 2012
Rachael Kinmartin
Rachael Kinmartin rated it it was ok
May 23, 2012
Brianna Cummings
Brianna Cummings rated it did not like it
May 01, 2012
Ally
Ally rated it it was ok
May 04, 2012
Nineveh Toma
Nineveh Toma rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2016
Leah
Leah rated it it was amazing
Nov 03, 2015
Kiley
Kiley rated it really liked it
May 04, 2012
Ncl Fernandez
Ncl Fernandez rated it it was amazing
Nov 21, 2014
Bobby Haynes
Bobby Haynes rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2011
Christina Cantrell
Christina Cantrell rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
The Code Discussion 1 8 Jul 11, 2008 09:04PM
  • A Catastrophe of Nerdish Proportions (Nerd Girls, #2)
  • The Wavering of Haruhi Suzumiya (Haruhi Suzumiya, #6)
  • Crazy Loco
  • Motivating Students Who Don't Care: Successful Techniques for Educators
  • Whiteman
  • What Are You?: Voices of Mixed-Race Young People
  • "You Gotta Be the Book": Teaching Engaged and Reflective Reading With Adolescents (Language and Literacy Series )
  • The Forbidden Schoolhouse: The True and Dramatic Story of Prudence Crandall and Her Students
  • Domitila: A Cinderella Tale from the Mexican Tradition
  • Alia's Mission: Saving the Books of Iraq
  • Emako Blue
  • The Magic Nesting Doll
  • The Dragon Prince: A Chinese Beauty  the Beast Tale
  • Ribbiting Tales: Original Stories About Frogs
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender (The Promise, #3)
  • Read With Me Bible