Start by marking “Broadway Vampire” as Want to Read:
Broadway Vampire

Broadway Vampire

3.17  ·  Rating Details  ·  12 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Whether you are a fan of Broadway theater or hungering for new knowledge about the Eternal Undead, Broadway Vampire will provide compelling entertainment. Combining horror, theater history, murder mystery and love story, Broadway Vampire is a sure fire page turner set in the world of contemporary New York theater. Stage buffs and those lusting after fangs of their own will ...more
Published October 10th 2010 by R.T.P.G. (first published August 20th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Broadway Vampire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Broadway Vampire

Remembrance by Michelle MadowIncarnate by Jodi MeadowsV for Vendetta by Alan MooreVengeance by Michelle MadowThe Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux
Masks
100th out of 143 books — 81 voters

More lists with this book...

kari
Oct 11, 2010 kari rated it liked it
An intriguing premise, a vampire theatrical producer.
I liked the vampire lore of this book. It was well thought out and intriguing. Make no mistake this is a vampire with a capital V, no sparkly veggie angsty emo guy, but a murderous unapologetic drinker of human blood. Who and what he is takes up the main part of the story while the mystery is really more of a back burner issue.
There is a lot of his thoughts about theatre, entertainment, bankers, the history of vampires and people, reading, and
Tiffony
Apr 01, 2011 Tiffony rated it liked it
If you hate the romantic aspect of the modern day vampire story then this book is for you. The main character is definitely not someone you would want to invite into your bed (especially since vampires in THIS world are as smooth as ken dolls below the waist!! lol) And kills at random whenever the thirst strikes. The tempo of the plot moved a little slow for my taste but was ultimately a decent story fit for most vampire fans.
Diana
Nov 02, 2010 Diana rated it liked it
You know those movies where they show the best parts in the previews? That's kind of what this book is. The story was pretty good but it had parts where it would have a complete change of subject and I'd end up forgetting what the story was actually about.

I am a fan of Broadway theater and a fan of "the Eternal Undead", but I didn't think this was exactly a page turner.
Cassandra
Oct 29, 2010 Cassandra rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads
I won this from a Goodreads giveaway. I thought it as was an entertaining read. It could have used a bit more editing I felt. I like the ideas that he had about how society is being turned away from the simple things because of technology and how people have lost their sense of wonderment and the thrill of going to the theater.
Lisa
Oct 08, 2010 Lisa rated it liked it
It was entertaining, but I think it could have been better with better editing. At times it seemed to ramble, repeat things, and be overly detailed. Also, the ending seemed kind of tacked on. With that said, I still found it fairly entertaining.
Debbi Smith
Oct 13, 2010 Debbi Smith rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I recieved this book from Goodreads as a giveaway.
This was not your usual vampire novel.Although I enjoyed the book, I think someone who is a theatre buff would have enjoyed it more.

Diana
It's refreshing to read about a vampire that wasn't all emo. I like the concept of him being on the outside looking in on humanity but the author doesn't seem to be fully dedicated to it.
Avid Reader Amy's Reviews
I won this copy from Goodreads. I read the book and it was okay. It was a different concept of vampires. It just never grabbed my attention like I would have liked.
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2016
Tracy
Tracy added it
Jan 11, 2016
Kasia Koller
Kasia Koller marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2013
Cayden (aka Cade)
Cayden (aka Cade) marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2013
Kayla Eklund
Kayla Eklund marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2013
Leah Goodreau
Leah Goodreau marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2013
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2012
Tema
Tema marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2012
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2012
Shari Alip
Shari Alip marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2012
Elaine Davis
Elaine Davis marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2012
Brooke
Brooke marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2012
Andd Becker
Andd Becker marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2012
Savannah
Savannah marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2012
Kris
Kris marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2012
Maegan Bamboo
Maegan Bamboo marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2012
Sarah added it
Nov 23, 2014
David
David marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Uke Jackson, a playwright, novelist, broadcaster, bandleader and musician, was born Stephen DiLauro. His plays have been produced in different theaters in downtown Manhattan, including "Monster Time"; "The Secret Warhol Rituals"; and "Avenue Z Afternoon" which he adapted for a GM Mark of Excellence television production. His first play written as an adult, "Dristi Magic" a one act, was staged by t ...more
More about Uke Jackson...