The President's Photographer: Fifty Years Inside the Oval Office

The President's Photographer: Fifty Years Inside the Oval Office

4.18 of 5 stars 4.18  ·  rating details  ·  39 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Official companion to the National Geographic Television Special airing in November 2010, The President's Photographeris the intimate story of the men and women who are both visual historians and keylinks between the public and the Presidents. Like the film, this behind-the-scenes invitationfeatures the images and recollections of the nine professionals who have served aso...more
Published November 2nd 2010 by National Geographic

Blog on Books
Despite a phalanx of photojournalists covering the unfolding events of news and world history, it is only a rarified few that have the privilege of being tapped to be the official White House photographer. Unlike the rest of the photo-journo pool, the President’s photographer is afforded a special privilege that goes beyond the public view to capturing the private moments of the world’s most important leader.

In “The President’s Photographer,” four of the leading lights of this profession share t...more
Alicia
As a professional photographer and self-proclaimed history nerd, when I first heard about this book it piqued my interest. I wasn't let down!

Great images from presidential photographers, and more writing than I had expected, which was a nice surprise. I enjoyed learning about the day-to-day of a White House photographer, and also hearing what it's like during the more monumental days.

It's interesting to note that the president's photographer usually has more clearance to be with the president th...more
Tom
I'm accustomed to candid shots of our president and found it remarkable how recent the ritual. Extraordinary photographers gain personal trust. Invisible lens give priceless views inside "the bubble" of the First Family.
Delight
This was a fascinating behind the scenes look at what it means to be the presidential photographer. It was a real treat to read this book.
Jennifer Orr
Great inside view of the White House and memorable photos!
Kristin
I am interested in the DVD with the same title.
Carilu
Carilu marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2014
Gloria Yesyuruni
Gloria Yesyuruni marked it as to-read
Nov 11, 2013
Darla
Darla marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2013
Shelby Duerr
Shelby Duerr marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2013
Phyllis
Phyllis marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2013
Jenny
Jenny added it
May 29, 2013
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2013
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2013
Alison
Alison marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2012
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2012
Jessie
Jessie marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2012