Start by marking “Eyes of an Innocent (In the Eyes, #1)” as Want to Read:
Eyes of an Innocent (In the Eyes, #1)

Eyes of an Innocent (In the Eyes #1)

In a world where people are classed according to their sexual expertise, Reji is an Innocent, frustrated in his unconsummated relationship with a woman. He decides to test his sexual orientation by visiting a gay club-but it all goes horribly wrong until Shen, an expert Teacher, shows up to rescue him. Once Shen meets Reji, he knows they're right for each other... but ther ...more
Published September 20th 2010 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about Eyes of an Innocent, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eyes of an Innocent

Natsroshan
Sep 22, 2010 Natsroshan rated it really liked it
Waouw, I was really surprised by this story! The characterisation is really well done, the writing fascinating. I liked the world Valentina created!
I just think it should have been longer : the process of Reji accepting Maro in his life needed more place in the story. It seemed rushed.
Overall I really liked all the characters and couldn't put the book down.
I'm curious to know if we'll have a sequel for London's story.
Recommended.
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
Wow, this was a great book. I really liked it. Once I started reading it, I didn't want to put it down. Even though in the end it was a threesome, which I don't like to read, I was so caught up in the story that I didn't mind it becoming an m/m/m.

Reji has a dilemma. He's twenty years old and is still considered an Innocent. After breaking up with his girlfriend, he decides to fix that problem by going to a gay bar. Unfortunately, once he's there, it's just too overwhelming. When some guy starts
I am Cat。
Jan 17, 2012 I am Cat。 rated it did not like it
Shelves: lgbtqi
Final Thoughts: Unless you have an ubiquitous amount of time on your hands, pass this one up. The whole plot and characters are incredibly pathetic and clichéd to the maximum. Essentially the lot of it can be summarized as a whiney, over emotional little boy parading around as a twenty year old is in denial that he's gay, even after meeting the infallibly perfect Shen. Sex is the same every time; basically "omfg this is the best thing ever oh it's so hottt I can't even stand it!" Until (view spo ...more
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
Dec 17, 2010 Emanuela ~plastic duck~ rated it really liked it
The story is told in the point-of-view of 20-year-old Reji. In a world where the eye-color reflects the level of sexual expertise of the population, his green eyes show to everyone is still an Innocent, a virgin. He wants to lose his innocence, but his attempts at it with his girlfriend are so frustrating that, after being dumped because of it, he decides to test his sexual orientation as a desperate measure.

In the gay club he chooses to test the waters, with the fake blue eyes of an Adult and a
Melanie~~
Re-read: 5/3/2015-5/7/2015

Pretty much the same feeling as my first read through. I liked the writing and the formality of the language.

Original read: 9/23/2012-9/25/2012

I'm done with Eyes of an Innocent (In the Eyes, #1) by Valentina Heart. I didn't have quite the problem with it that a friend/BINGO buddy had. I think that I accepted the societal norm of a culture where the power comes from sexual expertise. I think, with that acceptance, the highly sensual descriptions made sense, so I was, likewise, able to accept the gushy, sometimes overly drama
Valentina Heart
Sep 22, 2010 Valentina Heart rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Simsala
Jan 01, 2011 Simsala rated it it was ok
Stop,stop - mercy!
The dialogue in this book makes my skin crawl.
Innocent eyes was a promising idea for a nice S/F story,but should I have to read one more word from the Teacher-preacher I would drag him out of this book and beat him unconscious - I swear!
kasjo_peja
Dec 20, 2010 kasjo_peja rated it did not like it
I read 60%, skimmed the rest.
I didn't like the writing (corny), didn't like the world where everything revolves around sex, didn't understand the whining main character and found the Teachers outside-planetary work laughable (teaching other races how to make babies, because they forgot??)
Clover
Sep 22, 2010 Clover rated it really liked it
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
The Romance Review

How would you feel if everyone knew you were a virgin just by the colour of your eyes? I guess if it were me, since I don't find it to be a stigma to be a virgin, it would be fine. Not so for Reji who is dating a viperous girl, Cherry. Cherry's cruel words make Reji question himself. It pushes Reji to try something daring which places him in a dicey situation. Nearly raped, Reji is terrified of every male, even a trustworthy Teacher, Shen, who saved him. The only good thing about Reji trying to
M'rella
I really am at a loss what to say.
I'll try it in short sentences:
- This is NOT sci-fi. I can't really quite identify it.
The only cool idea in the whole entire book was that people developed ability to changes eye-color from green to blue after having sex for the first time (sort of like losing cat ears in Loveless).
- MC, Reji, is indeed so innocent, he might pass for a 12 year old.
- There is so much "love", combined with pining and whining and soothing and cooing and "making love" that I felt
Gwengwel
Lucy
Sep 18, 2010 Lucy rated it really liked it
Sheila
Jul 17, 2011 Sheila rated it really liked it
Reji is an innocent. He has yet to have sex. His girlfriend doesn't engender the feelings needed. Reji thinks he may be gay so he disguises himself and enters a gay club where he is almost raped. Saved by a Teacher, he loses his virginity but is afraid and runs away. Thinking on his experience he wants to repeat it and contacts the Teacher. They begin a relationship but it changes when Reji finds out his Teacher has someone else. This is beautifully and sensitively written. When Reji loses his v ...more
Adara
Sep 22, 2010 Adara rated it really liked it
Susan
Oct 24, 2011 Susan rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-read, z-2012
This was a sweet story about Reji, a virgin or Innocent as they are called in his world. I liked that Reji experienced some doubts and fears over the changes in his life as it made it more realistic than blind acceptance would have done. I wish the story had been a bit longer because towards the end things seemed to get a bit rushed but otherwise I enjoyed it.
 ♥ ♥Lynn ♥ ♥
I really enjoyed not only the concept of this story, but the writing style of Valentina Heart. There was such beauty in her words, that just grabbed my heart. I gave it 4 stars because I wanted more!! How can you just end a story when it is really getting started? I want to know more about the characters and more about their newfound relationship. Please give me more Valentina?!
Nana
May 17, 2017 Nana rated it it was ok
Shelves: three-way
I'm such a fluffy-slut but Shen and Renji interactions left me feeling bored. It started to get good when the other lover, appeared but it was almost at the end of the book, I wanted to know more about him. I kept wondering if it wouldn't be better if they had met together instead of only Shen and Renji.
Tamara (Nanny Ogg)
Amber
Jun 12, 2012 Amber rated it really liked it
This is an intriguing story that as it progressed I got more and more interested in it. I enjoyed reading the interactions between the two main characters that at are such different places in their lives yet are trying to start a relationship together. It is interesting to watch the main character, Renji's growth and coming to terms with his feelings.

The biggest problem that I have with this book is that it teases you with something more. At the very end a new character is introduced that would
Lisa
An interesting book. Set in a world where there are three types of people. Innocents, adults and teachers.
Each is determined by their eye color.
Reji is an innocent who is not turned on by women and begins to wonder if he is gay. A disasterous trip to a nightclub almost ends in his rape. He is saved by a teacher called Shen. Shen teaches Reji about sex and love. Towards the end of the book we learn that Shen is in a long term relationship with Maro and they want to make Reji their third.
A wonderf
Beck
Sep 22, 2012 Beck rated it did not like it
The premise was interesting but I just couldn't stand the language the author used. We had passionate kisses ... to foreheads. We had screaming in ecstasy ... from being kissed on a nipple. We had head thrashing & exploding orgasms. We had Becky gagging at the saccharine language. If you like your romance to read like an opera, this is the book for you. If you like your sex to be wordyfied to death, this is the book for you. If you like contrived angst, this is the book for you. Otherwise, s ...more
Brandilyn
Feb 27, 2013 Brandilyn rated it liked it
Shelves: mm, sci-fi, read-2013
I am not completely sure what to say about this one. Most of it had be rolling my eyes and the sex scenes really lacked something, but the premise of the story (It isn't doesn't matter what parts the one you love has) is one I can get in line with.
Helene
I liked the story although it was rather short.
The story seemed rushed and superficial and had a serious case of instalove but still it managed to keep me interested. With some more worldbuilding and fleshing out the MC's I'm sure this would be a 4 star read.
Tammera
Apr 08, 2013 Tammera rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, mmm, sci-fi
A touching story about confronting ones insecurities and allowing love to shine through.
S.J.D. Peterson
Jan 29, 2011 S.J.D. Peterson rated it really liked it
Very interesting love story that I enjoyed very much. I wish we could have learned more about Maro. Perhaps Valentina will grace us with a sequel. Fingers crossed.
Nene
Really clever idea for a story and cool world building. It had too much dialogue for my taste, but other than that I liked it.
AE
Sep 07, 2015 AE rated it it was ok
Shelves: erotica, m-m
Futuristic menage drag queens!

Pretty much?
Frisca Hue
Frisca Hue rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Cadet's Officer
  • By Any Other Name (By Any Other Name #1)
  • Treacherous Sun (Nu Hayven Chronicles, #1)
  • The Finder
  • Goldilocks and His Three Bears (Goldilocks #1)
  • Simply Perfection (Perfect Love, #4)
  • The Strongest Shape
  • Loving Edits (Basque, #1)
  • Silent Lodge (In the Company of Men, #4)
  • Gemini
  • Hammer & Air
  • Where the Heart Is
  • I Fell in Love with a Zombie
  • To Service and Protect (Cattle Valley, #20)
  • Bound To Please (Playing for Keeps, #2)
  • Healing in His Wings (Healing #1)
  • Amaranth & Ash
  • Dragon's Bloodmoon (Deadly Mates #4)
I would say that I am first a reader and then a writer. My fascination with books goes way back into the past when I didn't even know I could read something that wasn't given to me in school. Writing came later. First when I tried writing down the plots of the movies I found overwhelming and later in the form of a very dark blog that connected me with people I still consider very good friends.

Whe
More about Valentina Heart...

In the Eyes (2 books)
  • Teacher Plus Two (In the Eyes, #2)