Start by marking “Battletech - Wolves on the Border” as Want to Read:
Battletech - Wolves on the Border

Battletech - Wolves on the Border (BattleTech Universe #8)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  382 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Minobu Tetsuhara, a warrior-servant of the devious Warlord Grieg Samsonov, is forced to betray his former colleague, Jaime Wolf, and Wolf's mercenary Dragoons, after the mercenaries refuse to renew their contract with Samsonov and the warlord orders their deaths.
Kindle Edition
Published (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Battletech - Wolves on the Border, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Battletech - Wolves on the Border

Joseph Thai
This book stands above all other Battletech novels (I know, that's not saying much). Still, it's pretty enjoyable and you don't need to know anything about the universe or the meta-plot to read it. The characters are interesting and the battles don't read like a transcript from a Battletech game. This is the only Battletech novel I would recommend to someone who isn't already a Battletech fan. If the idea of a Black space-samurai piloting a 10-meter tall walking tank sounds awesome to you, you w ...more
H.L. Reasby
Absolutely amazing! The characters are really complex and wonderfully written. I can't recommend this book highly enough!
Brian Turner
Covering the period when Wolfs Dragoons were hired out to the Draconis Combine (3021 to 3028), it shows how a Kuritan warrior, Minobu Tetsuhara gets to know and befriend them, while still staying loyal to his Samurai code.

Lots of internal factions within the Kuritans, especially from the Warlord of the system and his aide who have a grudge against Tetsuhara.

Plenty of mech action, set against loyalty and duty to ones friends and rulers.

Eric Lawson
Wolves on the Border appears at first look to be the story of the Wolf's Dragoons contract with the Draconis Combine. But it really is the story of Minobu Tetsuhara and his struggle between Ninjō and Giri. In Minobu's case the conflict is between his honour and the friendship he has with Jaime Wolf, and his duty to Takashi Kurita as an officer in the military.

The story slowly ramps up the tension to the ultimate climax. A few spelling mistakes in the printing near the end of the story caused an
I got this book at the FIL (Guadalajara book fair) whithout really knowing anything about BattleTech; they had 2 more books (Spanish translations of the Warrior trilogy; so 1 book missing). I just loved them; regardless that at the time were the most expensive books I had bought.
Todd A
It had places that lost my attention. I put it down for a few months, went back to finish the last 1/4 of the book and really enjoyed it.

I want to see if Michi seeks his revenge.
I reread this book again after several years. Good introduction to the Dragoons and a great narrative on the epic battle of Misery.
Renalis marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2015
Marc Jones
Marc Jones marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2015
Tristan Powell
Tristan Powell marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2015
Iceni added it
Sep 06, 2015
  • Warrior: En Garde (The Warrior Trilogy, #1)
  • The Hunters (Twilight of the Clans, #3)
  • Endgame
  • Operation Audacity
  • Price of Glory (Saga of the Gray Death Legion, #3)
  • Freebirth (Twilight of the Clans, #4)
Credited on some German editions as "Robert N. Charette".
More about Robert N. Charrette...

BattleTech Universe (1 - 10 of 95 books)
  • The Sword and the Dagger (Battletech)
  • Decision at Thunder Rift (Saga of the Grey Death Legion, #1)
  • Mercenary's Star (Saga of the Gray Death Legion, #2)
  • Price of Glory (Saga of the Gray Death Legion, #3)
  • Warrior: En Garde (The Warrior Trilogy, #1)
  • Warrior: Riposte (The Warrior Trilogy, #2)
  • Warrior: Coupé (The Warrior Trilogy, #3)
  • Heir to the Dragon
  • Lethal Heritage (Blood of Kerensky Trilogy, #1)
  • Blood Legacy (Blood of Kerensky Trilogy, #2)