Start by marking “Katy's Homecoming (Katy Lambright Series, #3)” as Want to Read:
Katy's Homecoming (Katy Lambright Series, #3)

Katy's Homecoming (Katy Lambright #3)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  70 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Just One Perfect Night Katy gets the chance of a lifetime she s been elected to the homecoming court, and there are rumors her crush, Bryce, might ask her to go with him. What could be more perfect? For one unforgettable night she would be able to experience life as many other teenage girls do a stunning gown, gorgeous hair, jewelry, and makeup. Except Katy s Mennonite com ...more
Published January 26th 2011 by Zondervan (first published December 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Katy's Homecoming, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Katy's Homecoming

Jennifer Lavoie
Another fantastic installment in the Katy Lambright series. I cannot get enough of this wonderful character! I swore I was going to stop buying books for a while, but I guess I'll stop after I have read this entire series.

In this book, Katy is chosen as attendant for the homecoming court, and she faces the desire to attend the dance that accompanies it. However, her fellowship does not allow dancing, and it would be against her faith to go. The temptation that Katy faces - especially when she t
Mitchell
The story of Kathleen Lambright in Katy’s Homecoming is one of a sophomore in high school dealing with identity issues. This may sound like another typical teenage book, but author Kim Vogel Sawyer presents it in a fresh way, through an Old Order Mennonite girl named Kathleen – Katy to friends, Katy-girl to family. The author chronicles Katy’s struggles to fit in with modern society while striving to not leave her upbringing and religion behind.

The story’s main plot element starts when Katy is
Title: KATY’S HOMECOMING
Author: Kim Vogel Sawyer
Publisher: Zondervan
January 2011
ISBN: 978-0310722878
Genre: Mennonite / young adult

Just One Perfect Night

Katy gets the chance of a lifetime---she's been elected to the homecoming court, and there are rumors her crush, Bryce, might ask her to go with him. What could be more perfect? For one unforgettable night she would be able to experience life as many other teenage girls do---a stunning gown, gorgeous hair, jewelry, and makeup. Except Katy's Menn
Cindi
Katy Lambright is a sophomore at Salina High and she has just been elected to represent the sophomore class as a Homecoming princess. Only Katy isn't sure she should go, after all she had to get special permission from the leaders of her religious community to attend high school instead of staying home in Schellberg and learning to be a proper Old Order Mennonite woman. Kim Vogel Sawyer is the author of Katy's Homecoming and it is the third book in the Katy Lambright series.

In a recent interview
Patricia
I won this FREE book from Goodreads First Reads.
Thank you Goodreads........

Katy Lambright is a Mennonite girl that goes to a public school.
She is exposed to ideas and concepts that are foreign to her.
She is nominated for Homecoming to represent her Sophomore class,
but dancing & dressing up for homecoming is strictly forbidden by
her Mennonite order.
She is also asked to go to the dance by Bryce, a boy she has a
crush on.
Katy is faced with some tough choices & decisions
and her family is ver
Duchovney
This is different from my usual book choices but I like to try new things. Turns out this book was better than I thought it would be, granted the cover is awful. But the story held my attention and I found myself wanting to know how things turn out for Katy.
Its a light read with some moral questions,etc. thrown in, basically, Katy learning who she is and growing up.
If I saw another book in this series I would pick it up but I won't go hunting one down.
I got this for review but in no way did tha
Sherri
This is an awesome Christian YA fiction book. This is the first book that I've read by Sawyer, and I'm excited to read other books by her and especially the other books in this series.

I'll be recommending this series to other people looking for a good clean book for their kids or themselves to read.

I won this book in a giveaway.
Brooke
Nice, easy read. Love how it keeps you guessing until the end. I really like that she also decided to do the right thing. It is a great story for people to see that being themselves actually is better than trying to be someone else.
Balletprincess
This is my favorite book in the Katy Lambright series so far. In this book Katy learns that it's more important to be yourself then to fit in and do what others want you to do. :)
Johnny Mendoza
it was a really nice story about the girl morals and what she should do
Really liked this one. I read it in less than 3 hours straight.
Brittany
Brittany marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Michelle Blake
Michelle Blake marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Nicole Donze
Nicole Donze marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Jesse Kutz
Jesse Kutz marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Kim
Kim added it
Oct 22, 2014
Halee
Halee marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Hanne Schutte
Hanne Schutte marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Darla
Darla marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Reba
Reba marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
Rettah
Rettah added it
Aug 27, 2014
Joy C.
Joy C. marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Mm98115
Mm98115 marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
June Austin
June Austin marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Oksana Gantukh
Oksana Gantukh marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
  • Glamour (On the Runway, #5)
  • Black, White, Other: In Search of Nina Armstrong
  • The Secrets Beneath (Mysteries of Middlefield, #2)
  • IraqiGirl: Diary of a Teenage Girl in Iraq
  • Plain Secrets: An Outsider among the Amish
  • Finding Hollywood Nobody (Hollywood Nobody, #2)
  • Summerhill Secrets, Volume 1 (Summerhill Secrets, #1-5)
  • Simple Choices (Harmony, #3)
  • The Way to a Man's Heart (Miller Family, #3)
  • The Healing (Kentucky Brothers, #2)
  • Gawain and Lady Green (Merlin's Harp, #2)
  • Simply Sara (Plain and Simple, #2)
  • Central Park Rendezvous
  • Free?: Stories About Human Rights
  • Ripple Effect (Time Thriller Trilogy, Book 1) (Bk. 1)
  • Boyfriends, Burritos & an Ocean of Trouble (Real Life, #2)
Kim Vogel Sawyer is the author of fifteen novels, including several CBA and ECPA bestsellers. Her books have won the ACFW Book of the Year Award, the Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence, and the Inspirational Readers Choice Award. Kim is active in her church, where she leads women's fellowship and participates in both voice and bell choirs. In her spare time, she enjoys drama, quilting, and calligrap ...more
More about Kim Vogel Sawyer...
My Heart Remembers Waiting for Summer's Return (Ollenberger, #1) Courting Miss Amsel (Heart of the Prairie #6) A Promise for Spring (Heart of the Prairie #3) Song of My Heart (Heart of the Prairie #8)