Start by marking “Katy's Homecoming (Katy Lambright Series, #3)” as Want to Read:
Katy's Homecoming (Katy Lambright Series, #3)

Katy's Homecoming (Katy Lambright #3)

Just One Perfect Night

Published January 26th 2011 by Zondervan (first published December 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Katy's Homecoming, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Katy's Homecoming

Lindsey (Books for Christian Girls)
About this book:

“Just one perfect night Katy gets the chance of a lifetime—she’s been elected to the homecoming court, and there are rumors her crush, Bryce, might ask her to go with him. What could be more perfect? For one unforgettable night she would be able to experience life as many other teenage girls do—a stunning gown, gorgeous hair, jewelry, and makeup. Except Katy’s Mennonite community prohibits dancing as well as fancy dresses and makeup, and her father would not approve.
When an oppo
Jennifer Lavoie
Another fantastic installment in the Katy Lambright series. I cannot get enough of this wonderful character! I swore I was going to stop buying books for a while, but I guess I'll stop after I have read this entire series.

In this book, Katy is chosen as attendant for the homecoming court, and she faces the desire to attend the dance that accompanies it. However, her fellowship does not allow dancing, and it would be against her faith to go. The temptation that Katy faces - especially when she t
Mitchell
Oct 17, 2011 Mitchell rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
The story of Kathleen Lambright in Katy’s Homecoming is one of a sophomore in high school dealing with identity issues. This may sound like another typical teenage book, but author Kim Vogel Sawyer presents it in a fresh way, through an Old Order Mennonite girl named Kathleen – Katy to friends, Katy-girl to family. The author chronicles Katy’s struggles to fit in with modern society while striving to not leave her upbringing and religion behind.

The story’s main plot element starts when Katy is
Cindi
Jan 12, 2011 Cindi rated it it was amazing
Katy Lambright is a sophomore at Salina High and she has just been elected to represent the sophomore class as a Homecoming princess. Only Katy isn't sure she should go, after all she had to get special permission from the leaders of her religious community to attend high school instead of staying home in Schellberg and learning to be a proper Old Order Mennonite woman. Kim Vogel Sawyer is the author of Katy's Homecoming and it is the third book in the Katy Lambright series.

In a recent interview
January 2011
ISBN: 978-0310722878
Genre: Mennonite / young adult

Just One Perfect Night

Katy gets the chance of a lifetime---she's been elected to the homecoming court, and there are rumors her crush, Bryce, might ask her to go with him. What could be more perfect? For one unforgettable night she would be able to experience life as many other teenage girls do---a stunning gown, gorgeous hair, jewelry, and makeup. Except Katy's Menn
Duchovney
Oct 14, 2011 Duchovney rated it liked it
This is different from my usual book choices but I like to try new things. Turns out this book was better than I thought it would be, granted the cover is awful. But the story held my attention and I found myself wanting to know how things turn out for Katy.
Its a light read with some moral questions,etc. thrown in, basically, Katy learning who she is and growing up.
If I saw another book in this series I would pick it up but I won't go hunting one down.
I got this for review but in no way did tha
Sherri
Oct 25, 2011 Sherri rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
This is an awesome Christian YA fiction book. This is the first book that I've read by Sawyer, and I'm excited to read other books by her and especially the other books in this series.

I'll be recommending this series to other people looking for a good clean book for their kids or themselves to read.

I won this book in a giveaway.
Brooke
Oct 25, 2011 Brooke rated it liked it
Nice, easy read. Love how it keeps you guessing until the end. I really like that she also decided to do the right thing. It is a great story for people to see that being themselves actually is better than trying to be someone else.
Balletprincess
Aug 30, 2012 Balletprincess rated it it was amazing
Shelves: teen
This is my favorite book in the Katy Lambright series so far. In this book Katy learns that it's more important to be yourself then to fit in and do what others want you to do. :)
Sep 26, 2011 Sarah rated it really liked it
Really liked this one. I read it in less than 3 hours straight.
Penny Whitmore
Penny Whitmore rated it liked it
Jan 25, 2016
Brianna
Brianna rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2013
Tina Crabtree
Tina Crabtree rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2012
Michele Minor
Michele Minor rated it really liked it
Oct 20, 2014
Dichotomy Girl
Dichotomy Girl rated it liked it
Jan 07, 2014
Alyssa
Alyssa rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2013
Wendy Kuzma
Wendy Kuzma rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2011
Michaela
Michaela rated it really liked it
Apr 03, 2012
Weatherbug02
Weatherbug02 rated it it was amazing
May 25, 2014
Jennifer rated it it was ok
Oct 14, 2011
Elizabeth
Elizabeth rated it really liked it
May 22, 2013
Rachael Wilhelm
Rachael Wilhelm rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2015
Paula  Phillips
Paula Phillips rated it it was amazing
May 31, 2012
Peggy Postlethwait
Peggy Postlethwait rated it liked it
Apr 01, 2016
Hannah
Hannah rated it it was amazing
Oct 15, 2013
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2013
Kathleen C.
Kathleen C. rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2017
Joyce Hanes
Joyce Hanes rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2016
Acor Family
Acor Family rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Glamour (On the Runway, #5)
  • Black, White, Other: In Search of Nina Armstrong
  • The Secrets Beneath (Mysteries of Middlefield, #2)
  • The Broken Window (Threshold #3)
  • Goodbye Hollywood Nobody (Hollywood Nobody, #4)
  • Summerhill Secrets, Volume 1 (Summerhill Secrets, #1-5)
  • Plain Secrets: An Outsider among the Amish
  • Simple Choices (Harmony, #3)
  • Gawain and Lady Green (Merlin's Harp, #2)
  • IraqiGirl: Diary of a Teenage Girl in Iraq
  • Simply Sara (Plain and Simple, #2)
  • The Way to a Man's Heart (Miller Family, #3)
  • Wonderland
  • Free?: Stories About Human Rights
  • Ripple Effect (Time Thriller Trilogy, #1)
  • A Little Help from My Friends (Miracle Girls, #3)
  • Boyfriends, Burritos & an Ocean of Trouble (Real Life, #2)
  • Perfectly Invisible (Universally Misunderstood, #2)
Kim Vogel Sawyer is the author of fifteen novels, including several CBA and ECPA bestsellers. Her books have won the ACFW Book of the Year Award, the Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence, and the Inspirational Readers Choice Award. Kim is active in her church, where she leads women's fellowship and participates in both voice and bell choirs. In her spare time, she enjoys drama, quilting, and calligrap ...more
More about Kim Vogel Sawyer...

Katy Lambright (4 books)
  • Katy's New World (Katy Lambright Series, #1)
  • Katy's Debate (Katy Lambright Series, #2)
  • Katy's Decision (Katy Lambright Series, #4)