Start by marking “Paint Watercolors Filled with Life and Energy” as Want to Read:
Paint Watercolors Filled with Life and Energy

Paint Watercolors Filled with Life and Energy

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Through the step-by-step "Westerman No-Fault Painting System", artists will learn how to loosen up, take risks with their strokes, and avoid their worst enemy -- timidity.
Published September 1st 1994 by Northlight

To ask other readers questions about Paint Watercolors Filled with Life and Energy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paint Watercolors Filled with Life and Energy

Carol Tensen
Full disclosure: I picked this up for a dollar at the Burbank Library sale, in spite of the painting on the cover. When Mr. Westerman does "commercial art" type illustration, he brings some freshness and pizzazz to his images. His illustrations of tailors and people at work are handsome images. Some of his work evokes Albert Parker. His other work has a style that is splashy and too facile with color choices that grate my teeth. That being said, there is some useful information in this book. I e ...more
This book gets 5 stars in part because Arne is such a memorable instructor. I feel that between my 2 Westerman books and the workshop I took years ago, Arne has consistently conveyed humor and levity to the pursuit of classical painting. At the same time, he teaches important elements of design and value. A wonderful teacher.
Tara Choate
I put this book on my to-read list after seeing an ArtBeat segement on the author. Quite good with lots of good tips. However, the author is focus on the figure, which is not one of my favorite subjects.
Bean marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
The Hoffman
The Hoffman marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2015
Jujubee marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Darlene O'connor
Darlene O'connor marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Ralph Miller
Ralph Miller marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2013
Mark added it
Feb 21, 2012
Peggy Wickham
Peggy Wickham marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2010