Start by marking “Paint Watercolors Filled with Life and Energy” as Want to Read:
Paint Watercolors Filled with Life and Energy

Paint Watercolors Filled with Life and Energy

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  11 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Through the step-by-step "Westerman No-Fault Painting System", artists will learn how to loosen up, take risks with their strokes, and avoid their worst enemy -- timidity.
Published September 1st 1994 by Northlight

To ask other readers questions about Paint Watercolors Filled with Life and Energy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Paint Watercolors Filled with Life and Energy

Carol Tensen
Jul 21, 2015 Carol Tensen rated it liked it
Shelves: art
Full disclosure: I picked this up for a dollar at the Burbank Library sale, in spite of the painting on the cover. When Mr. Westerman does "commercial art" type illustration, he brings some freshness and pizzazz to his images. His illustrations of tailors and people at work are handsome images. Some of his work evokes Albert Parker. His other work has a style that is splashy and too facile with color choices that grate my teeth. That being said, there is some useful information in this book. I e ...more
Oct 21, 2013 Susan rated it it was amazing
Shelves: art-books
This book gets 5 stars in part because Arne is such a memorable instructor. I feel that between my 2 Westerman books and the workshop I took years ago, Arne has consistently conveyed humor and levity to the pursuit of classical painting. At the same time, he teaches important elements of design and value. A wonderful teacher.
Tara Choate
Nov 27, 2011 Tara Choate rated it liked it
I put this book on my to-read list after seeing an ArtBeat segement on the author. Quite good with lots of good tips. However, the author is focus on the figure, which is not one of my favorite subjects.
Pam Aylmer
Pam Aylmer rated it liked it
Jun 23, 2014
L rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2010
Siobhan rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2013
Kristine rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2011
veronica c logue
veronica c logue rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2015
DM FOUST rated it liked it
May 18, 2016
Kathleen rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2013
Denice rated it it was amazing
Sep 03, 2009