Dark Angel (Dark Angel, #1)

Dark Angel (Dark Angel #1)

3.3 of 5 stars 3.30  ·  rating details  ·  958 ratings  ·  90 reviews
Dark Angel: v. 1 Dare to believe in a fallen angel. His mission? To tear young lovers from each others' arms ... Full description
398 pages
Published August 4th 2011

Unearthly by Cynthia HandDie for Me by Amy PlumThe Girl in the Steel Corset by Kady CrossRumors by Anna GodbersenEverneath by Brodi Ashton
Red Dress, Red Coat
23rd out of 460 books — 468 voters
Evermore by Alyson NoelNorth of Beautiful by Justina ChenSelina Penaluna by Jan PageThis Lullaby by Sarah DessenBewitching Love Potions & Charms by Raven Tempest
Cover Couples
64th out of 687 books — 539 voters

More lists with this book...

Donna {Book Passion for Life}
I’d be looking forward to reading this book since I first heard about it on Goodreads. So you can imagine my excitement when I managed to get it for review. I have to admit, after reading the book I’m no longer excited about this series, which is a shame because I believe it has great potential. But unfortunately this story just isn’t for me.

For the first 80 pages or so, I was really confused. It didn’t really know what to expect with the story or even much about the story other than it was abo...more
Louise
I would like to think this novel had potential but it just fell flat. The plot, on a very basic level, could have been good - Who is Zoran? Can he be trusted? Can Daniel? However, it is so slow and drawn out that by the time anything happens I could not have cared less.

The characters had no personality at all and that made it hard to feel anything for them when Grace left them for Ezra. All that apparently matters is how good-looking they all are, *sigh*. I could partly forgive this short-comin...more
Five Star Book Reviews
"In that moment, with Orlando's arms around me, everything was perfect"

REVIEW- This book is one of sure genious...it is nothing like I expected and it truly took my breath away. I hadn't expected the main character Tania to be gifted with such a terrifying ability, I hadn't expected the villain in this fiery town to be so blood chillingly gruesome and I hadn't expected these angels to be so dark...

The story of this novel is very compelling and so it didn't take me long to fall completely head ov...more
Loonie
Katie
3.5/4 stars
I don't really know what to say about this book. It certainly had me interested and on the back there is a review by Chicklish saying; Eden Maguire has mastered the art of twists and turns... I wouldn't quite say 'mastured', my term would be more like 'knows to create an interesting plot with some unexpected events', although the one thing I did find quite annoying was that Eden gave hints in too much detail for what would probably happen later in the book.
There is also something else...more
Mitchii
Angelica
Well, let's just say this was a disappointment.
When I read the title and saw the cover, I thought the content would delve deep into fallen angels and stuff. I got really excited, 'cause I love the paranormal. The introduction was...what's that word? Oh yes. Long-winded. I was reading and reading and reading, and I was thinking, "When are the fallen angels coming out to play?"
I just find it weird for fallen angels, so mighty and so powerful, to prey on helpless, powerless lovers. I mean, I get t...more
Ammelia
After having read the beautiful dead, and loved it, I really wanted to like this. I truly did. The Beautiful Dead series had that rare blend of Paranormal and murder mystery, which was interesting, I I felt for the characters in them. Unfortunately, this can't be said of Dark Angel.

Where do I begin? From the beginning, Tania is whining about her boyfriend being missing. In the Beautiful Dead, Phoenix is dead so this works -here it doesn't. On top of that, the characters are one dimensional and v...more
Darkfallen
First I want to start by saying that this book was WAY, times ten, better than her previous Beautiful Dead series, or which I am beyond grateful! When I first received this from the publisher and recognized the authors name I instantly was hesitant. I mean I own all four Beautiful Dead books yet I could only make myself suffer through the first two...and really I shouldn't have even done that.

But this? Oh yes I will be reading the sequel. Job well done to Eden Maguire!!

Tania is basically your no...more
SJH (A Dream of Books)
Eden Maguire is the bestselling author of 'The Beautiful Dead' series. I have to say that I wasn't a huge fan of these books (although I might give them another try) but when I saw the cover of 'Dark Angel' and read the synopsis, I knew that I wanted to read it. I'm a sucker for a pretty cover and this one is gorgeous! Plus the story sounded really intriguing so I got started on it as soon as it arrived.

The story centres around main character Tania, who seems to live a pretty charmed life. She...more
Tara
Tania is haunted by nightmares of a fire that burnt down thse on the property they live on, Zoran, the biggest Rock star around moves on the top of Black Eagle Hill, where all the fires start.
Tania has never meet Zoran before, but after Zoran throws a MASSIVE party, Tania finds herself tangled in a web of dicet and evil. Her love of Orlando is the only thing that can save her.

Dark Angel started a little slow, the introductions taking a bit long, but as after the party scene the book picked up in...more
 Soph...*Lock&Key*
More like 1 star, but I could not bring myself to give it something so low. It was not that bad, but I did not enjoy reading it.

There was nothing that could save this book for me.

The writing was to formal, but to laid back in its dialogue.

The characters were lifeless and boring.

The storyline had so many holes, and did not add up.

And it draged on way too much.

I dont know what to say really. I know I am being harsh, but I wanted so much from this, it sounded so good and I was so excited to read it...more
Heather
Very disappointing. Flat uninteresting characters and dull repetitive plot that got stupid after the half way point. Initially the whole Zoran thing was quite intriguing but it took so damn long to get to the answers I didn't care. And most inexcusable the spelling of the main female characters name changed. Even if it was only for a few pages for the main character, how can an editor miss something like that?!

Not bothering with the rest of this series.
Sharon
Jul 21, 2011 Sharon marked it as to-read
The photo on this is the same as the one on The Vespertine and the Aus version of The Goddess Test...publishers obviously really like it.

It's also similar, though I'm not sure if it's the same model/dress to Forgiven by Janet Fox.
Rani
it's an okay book. why does all the paranormal book has to be like this recently?
I want something big, heart-stopping, has-to-finished- in a night- book. is that too much to ask? *sigh*
Emma Dixon
I think that Dark Angel has a wonderful genre with romance and life-changing decisions. Orlando and Tania trying as a team to get rid of the baddies with Tania's boned spirit of a dead baby. I think that his book has a bit of a twist in a tale and that teenagers would really enjoy it. Also, the fact that there's three best friends that also try to keep each other safe shows that Eden Maguire knows a lot about it. I love the way that when Orlando leaves Tania and slams the door, it sounds like he...more
Kim
I’m a fan of the Angel genre. It’s something that is growing in popularity these days and with the title ‘Dark Angel’ I was expecting something very angel focused. I will tell you now, if you’re looking for a book that has a strong angel storyline, this isn’t the book for you. While angel imagery and the “dark” side come through loud and clear; the actual appearance of angels is sort of lacking.

I had a few issues with the plot of this book. While it had an extremely interesting concept, it just...more
~Kate~
This was a case of cover lust and I just had to have it but the story just didn't live up to the cover which was such a shame.

It had such a slow start to the book I just wanted it to hurry up and get started but it never really picked up enough for me to give it a higher rating than what I have already given it. I was also very confused as the lead character would be thinking of one thing while doing another thing so it just kept jumping around. It wasn't until nearer the end when we get told wh...more
Charlotte Phillips
In my opinion this is certainly not as good as her other series, the beautiful dead series, as it seemed to be a lot more indepth but not in a im going to captivate you and keep you within the grasp of my pages sort of way. It was more of a, I have nothing to do so Im going to ramble on a little to try and draw the story out as much as possible and possibly add some character and definition to the book. I just felt like there was a whole bunch of nothing within the novel in that there were rthin...more
Himesugar
Taken from http://nikorachan.blogspot.com

This story was different, with a cult theme it seems to evoke various sensations. One more than others, creepy. You don't really know what's going to happen next, and when it does, it wasn't what you were expecting. You think it's going to go the usual YA way, it doesn't though.

We get introduced to Tania, a girl who is seemingly in love, along with her friends, all having a partner. A party is the event where the book really starts, you would think the th...more
Arjun Thakrar (Excellent Reads)
Dark Angel is one of those books that is both thrilling and different. I was really up for this book as I adored Eden's previous series, Beautiful Dead. But this was better, by miles. The book spins a new twist on paranormal romance that hasn't been done yet and keeps you on the edge for the whole novel, just waiting to find out what will happen.

The plot is a basic good vs evil, girl discovering a alternate world theme but the way it has been done completely draws you away from that and this is...more
Book Angel Emma
If you thought The Dead Beautiful series was good then hold onto your shorts cos Eden Maguire just raised the Barr. This book is awesome -

I have been anxiously awaiting the publication of this book since it came onto my radar some months ago. I adored Eden Maguire's Beautiful Dead series and when I found out that this book had a Rock Star as a central character, you should have heard me squee.

Written in first person narrative from Tania's perspective. From the very beginning you can tell that...more
Sana Noor
This book took my breath away!

While reading the book there was something about Tania, the main character, that just drew you in. Eden created her in such a way that you immediately felt like you could relate to her, become her and then put yourself in her shoes. There were times when i wanted to stop reading because i felt really uncomfortable, which i now realise is how i hauntingly felt everything that Tania was going through. Good thing i didn't stop reading because this book was amazing!

The...more
Chelsea
This book was pretty intense, but I'm not entirely sure why. There is not really a lot of action (until the very end), so maybe the slow build up of tension and evil made for the nail-biting pace.

Orlando is the first worthy boyfriend I have seen in a really long time. He works through his jealousy issues like an adult. I was rooting for him and Tania the whole time and was pleased that Tania was a strong enough female character to step back and remain true to her heart. I also liked that althoug...more
Keren Hughes
I have just finished this book, and what can I say?
It was not what I expected. Initially, it took me a couple of chapters to get in to the swing of things. But once I got over that slight hurdle, it was a wonderfully written book. Full of little twists that keep your interest peaked.
I love the way Eden Maguire writes. I loved the Beautiful Dead series, and am nearly as captivated by the first of this trilogy.
I say nearly, only because of the initial hurdle, as I never had that with Beautiful D...more
Alana Byers-crawford
This book was plain weird! My sister gave it to me to read and it took forever to get into. The style of writing was confusing and half the time the chapters were way too long and you had to struggle to keep up with what was happening.
Finally made it to chapter 12 and still had no little clue of what the plot was. When it was finally all revealed, it all happened so fast you were left wondering 'what the hell just happened?'.
The characters were also so unrelatable and quite undeveloped that no...more
Felicity
An easy read, but I found it chillingly sinister. It dealt with very adult themes in an off hand way, as if they weren't important topics. The characters didn't have enough about them to really care about them. I'm afraid I won't be reading further books in this series.
Andrea Lin
Warning: If you are a fan of his book, i'd advise you NOT to read my review

This Book was disappointing. I actually looked forward to reading this book, but after finishing it... well... Can you blame me for the not liking it?
The storyline is just crap. And the back cover explanation is totally off. Sure, Tania loves Orlando, but that hardly even means anything in the story. And Zoran? I think not, I'd say Tania was actually attracted to Daniel. Plus, Orlando is SO not a good boyfriend. The s...more
Cover Art 2 16 Jul 31, 2013 03:39AM
  • Shadows (Dark Touch, #1)
  • Winter's Shadow (Winter Saga, #1)
  • Dark Heart Rising (Dark Heart, #2)
  • Airel (The Airel Saga, #1)
  • Ember (Ember, #1)
  • Blood Song (Lharmell, #1)
  • Angel's Fury
  • Book of Love (Knight Angels, #1)
  • Eternity (Fallen Angel, #2)
  • Eternal Starling (Emblem of Eternity, #1)
  • Awakened (The Guardian Legacy, #1)
  • Exile (Mercy, #2)
  • Wildcat Fireflies (Fenestra, #2)
  • PineLight (PineLight, #1)
  • Archon (The Books of Raziel, #1)
  • Mortal Kiss (Mortal Kiss, #1)
  • Kindred
  • Torn (Torn Trilogy, #1)
2772067
Eden Maguire graduated from Birmingham University with a PhD in English Lit and now lives in the Yorkshire Dales with her two daughters, her horse, Merlin, plus a dog and a cat.

She spends part of each year at a ranch in Colorado, where she rides alone in the mountains – her idea of perfect happiness.

Whenever she can, she loves to indulge her passion for travel and take in the world's major citie...more
More about Eden Maguire...
Jonas (Beautiful Dead, #1) Arizona (Beautiful Dead, #2) Summer (Beautiful Dead, #3) Phoenix (Beautiful Dead, #4) Twisted Heart (Dark Angel, #2)

“I hate
that moment when Aaron and I split – each time it happens, and it
happens a lot. He storms off, or I walk out on him and I have a
split second where I feel I’ve lost my grip, I’m falling off the edge
of the world, I’m yelling, “Help!” and no one hears me. I’m alone.
But later, when you get a distance and you start to think it through,
it feels like it might not be so bad.”
5 likes
“Yeah – so maybe we should all give up on love and get on with
everything else,’ she sighed. She turned her head towards me and
squinted through the glare of the sun. ‘Why don’t we?”
3 likes