Start by marking “The Secret Life of Water” as Want to Read:
The Secret Life of Water

The Secret Life of Water

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  303 ratings  ·  35 reviews
"A small adventure beginning with a tiny little water crystal has spread to people all over the world, creating a growing movement. Hearts have been opened, and love, gratitude, and a hope for peace have spilled out, opening the way for a new adventure." From its arrival on earth to the vast areas it traverses before emptying into the sea, water holds all the knowledge and ...more
Published June 22nd 2010 by Atria Books (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Secret Life of Water, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secret Life of Water

I-am Wallace
What an incredibly unique perspective on the common substance that is often overlooked but permeates every single aspect of our lives. Every living creature on the earth; plant or animal is affected by water. Dr. Emoto unveils a very different way of approaching water and the role it plays in not only life on earth but in the emotional and spiritual realms of our development. What really appealed to me was the premise that water is an active mystically intelligent element with qualities that can ...more
Kachina
The opening states this book may change your life completely, of which I considered to be quite a large claim. After only 40 pages(it is a very quick read) I can see why that is said by other readers!! This book makes a lot of sense and is quite interesting!
Eden Banzhaf
This book is great. The theory that water is changed by different elements including light, music, harsh words etc..and that because humans are 80% water we would have the same reaction' its facinating! I loved this book. Such a great gospel lesson too!
Dian Nugraha
Jul 10, 2007 Dian Nugraha added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all humanbeing
respect water=respect life
Aina Dayana Hilmi
Dec 09, 2008 Aina Dayana Hilmi rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Aina Dayana by: Pn Mahawa
Shelves: read-in-2008
Buku ini saya cari selepas tertarik hati mendengar ceramah “The Power of Water” satu ketika dahulu oleh Pn Mahawa, pensyarah maktab yang kini menyambung pelajaran ke peringkat PhD. Ketika program, beliau memesan supaya setiap orang membawa sebotol kecil air mineral. Rupa2nya beliau nak tunjukkan bahawa air mempunyai kekuatan dan keunikan yang tersendiri.

Akhirnya berjumpa dengan buku kecil ini.. walaupun tidak memperolehi buku “The Power of Water” tapi buku ini tetap memadai 

Profesor Masaru Emo
Linda I
This is not science but fantasy. People should not confuse his assertions as being scientifically valid. Water is not a sentient being, thus does not "feel" emotions. His word experiments are not reproduceable, thus does not validate his hypothesis.
Bliss
I found this at the library today around 1:30. I've been reading it since then. (between other things...) It's 8:30 now and I'm entranced. The book is wonderful and it's in line with some decisions I need to make for my life right now.
Swety Retna
Masaru Emoto sedang mencoba memperlihatkan pada kita bahwa betapa kata kata yang kita ucapkan bisa begitu berpengaruh pada bentuk kristal air. Ternyata, energi dan doa dapat dialirkan air melalui hado. Hado adalah tiga unsur yaitu getaran, resonansi dan frekuensi. Jika kita mengucapkan kata kata baik pada air, maka air akan membentuk kristal yang indah, sebaliknya kata kata buruk akan membuat bentuk kristal tak beraturan sampai berlubang dan buruk.
Tubuh manusia 70% nya terdiri dari air, maka uc
Aisha Parenting
Ditulis oleh seorang peneliti dan pemikir independen dari Jepang, Masaru Emoto. Buku ini benar-benar memberikan cara pandang yang berbeda terhadap air. Air yang diberi paparan energi positif akan menunjukkan hal positif sehingga akan turut berpengaruh positif terhadap manusia. Sangat menarik untuk dibaca
Jamie Roberts
This book really made me stop to think about how important water really is in our world...

I read this book aloud with my husband. I highly recommend reading this book in a similar manner because it's much more effective to grasp the concepts when you stop to discuss each chapter together along the way and to bounce ideas back and forth.
Nancy Hooker
Such a beautiful book. We are all on the search for the meaning of life and this book helps us to understand how important water is ....it teaches us so much about who we are and how wonderful life can be.
Mikel
The concept is really interesting. I thought there were really good parts to this book. The author has some interesting insights and I took a lot away from the book but I have to agree with another reviewer Mr. Emoto get's really into 'water worship' sometimes. If you're really into the water concept this book would be an excellent choice. I certainly wouldn't discourage anyone from reading this book. It's full of good information but if you don't believe that water will bring about world peace ...more
Ang
An easy to read book with messages about water and our inter-relatedness as a water made species in a water made world. Written with fine sentiment and hopeful in tone. This book provides a positive concept for healing the individual and society - in the form of awareness and prayer.
Ruzz
the main ideas i took away from this book were simple and insightful: we are water in the strictest sense, and this has interesting philosophical implications and water as a transmission agent for emotion/energy. I buy it. but, i think all things are in fact. ever held a river stone in your hand and felt that deep aching hum?

interesting read though rife with pseudo-science that must make the button down collar serious science guys insane with it's cavalier subjective take on testing and results
Bayhaqi Ahmad
Gained something about the unique behavior of water sure has made me realized one thing. Water is alive, a living thing and could 'interact' in it's own way.

There is some parts inside this book which I haven't had a grasp or didn't catch the meaning at all, but I guess it was the translator fault (I got the Indonesian version)

Anyhow, this book has given me some need-to-know facts about water and useful way to conserve water for future.
Martha Sweeney
I loved the information Masaru Emoto depicts about water and the differences thoughts and energy play on it! The only challenge I had was when he would make some pessimistic and negative comments or statements, which I thought were the exact opposite as to his findings and purpose for his studies. Other than those few moments that were contradictory, I thoroughly enjoyed the book and have implemented many aspects to my own life! :)
Satia
Although there is some good practical advice towards the end (be environmentally aware, pray, etc.), you have to slog through so much nonsense that it isn't worth the effort. Look at the pretty pictures and move on. Once you've read the methods for how these pics are taken, all defense of their "lessons" is lost. For more:

Sally
Not sure how to categorize this book. I agree with the idea that positive thought and prayer can affect physical things, water, and our bodies included, in ways that science does not recognize, nor yet understand.

But this book quickly turns into water-worship. A little overboard. Get it? Overboard? Water? uhhhh
Mike Augustine
I LOVED the messages here, but there are some incredibly sketchy claims made throughout the book. Suspend a bit of disbelief, grasp tightly on the fantastic message and enjoy :)
Amy
I found this book lacking if you've read the others. It's just a brief recap of his other books. If this is your first time with his work, then it would be a good introduction.
Jeffrey
Lots of newagey stuff here. An interesting idea, yet unsound prof using scientific methods. But inspirational, if you look at the "do-good" philosophy. OK.
Aswil
a good book to understand how expressions and words are affecting our life. And of course, the role of water in every aspect of human being.
Mary
This book is amazing. It gives the scientific reason why you should focus on good and positive. totally kewl
Half the book: I completely agreed with the author. The other half: I wondered what he was smoking.
Esti
Baca versi Indonesianya..
Suka banget liat kristal2 air yang dhasilkan, dengan unique shape dan menarik
Ruslita
Buku ini mengajak anak -anak untuk berbagi rasa dan cinta terhadap air sebagai hadiah istimewa bagi dunia.
Michelle Dancer
Some interesting bits of information. Really make you think more about the power of water.
Kandres
air sebagai media komunikasi manusia dengan alam sekitarnya.
Chariss Walker
A wonderful discovery for children and adults alike.
Maya
So cool! A wonderful book for children (or anyone else).
good morning 2 5 Jul 22, 2011 09:43PM
  • Maya Cosmogenesis 2012: The True Meaning of the Maya Calendar End-Date
  • African Presence in Early Asia
  • The 10 Greatest Gifts I Give My Children: Parenting from the Heart
  • Grandmothers Counsel the World: Women Elders Offer Their Vision for Our Planet
  • Christmas Joy: A Keepsake Book from the Heart of the Home
  • Celestine Insights - Limited Edition of Celestine Prophecy and Tenth Insight
  • Everyday Crochet: Wearable Designs Just for You
  • Baking Soda: Over 500 Fabulous, Fun, and Frugal Uses You've Probably Never Thought Of
  • Circle Round: Raising Children in Goddess Traditions
  • Water: The Fate of Our Most Precious Resource
  • God Is Not Dead: What Quantum Physics Tell Us about Our Origins and How We Should Live
  • Dreamer's Dictionary
  • Ancient Wisdom, Modern World: Ethics for a New Millennium
  • Grandmother Moon: Lunar Magic in Our Lives - Spells, Rituals, Goddesses, Legends and Emotions Under the Moon
  • Yurugu: An African-centered Critique of European Cultural Thought and Behavior
  • Reel to Real: Race, Sex, and Class at the Movies
  • Spontaneous Evolution: Our Positive Future (And a Way to Get There from Here)
  • Body Clutter: Love Your Body, Love Yourself
Hidden Messages in Water The True Power of Water The Miracle of Water Love Thyself: The Message from Water III Water Crystal Healing: Music and Images to Restore Your Well-Being

“If you feel lost, disappointed, hesitant, or weak, return to yourself, to who you are, here and now and when you get there, you will discover yourself, like a lotus flower in full bloom, even in a muddy pond, beautiful and strong.” 543 likes
“No one particular religion has been able to secure the exclusive rights for the power of prayer. No matter who you are, we all have the ability to take advantage of this amazing and wonderful power. Once you realize this, you will then be filled with the desire to help others realize this as well. More and more people are resonating with this understanding, and this could result in a more wonderful future for mankind. (165)” 23 likes