Start by marking “Killer Heels (Molly Forrester Mystery, #1)” as Want to Read:
Killer Heels (Molly Forrester Mystery, #1)

Killer Heels (Molly Forrester Mystery #1)

All Molly Forrester wants is to find that one big story that can redirect her journalism career away from the sex/relationship advice column she writes for Zeitgeist magazine ("wedged somewhere between Marie Claire and Cosmo") and back to the serious news business. But she didn't expect to trip over it, especially when "it" turned out to be the bloody body of one of her co ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Published June 28th 2005 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Killer Heels, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Killer Heels

Curious George by H.A. ReyThe Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg LarssonHow Not to Murder Your Grumpy by Carol E. WyerWatchmen by Alan MooreOne Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish by Dr. Seuss
Yellowest Books Ever
324th out of 1,082 books — 460 voters
Pippi Longstocking by Astrid LindgrenBalzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai SijiePuss In Boots by Vera SouthgateParty Girl by Rachel HollisThe Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
Shoes, Socks, Slippers and Sandals
53rd out of 185 books — 81 voters

More lists with this book...

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥

Ending: 6

Total: 7

In Dept

Best Part:
Appealed to my L&O addiction!
Worst Part: Ending was too rushed!!
Thoughts Had: ewww!; What a b!; She's crazy!

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
Recommending: yes

Short Review: I love Law & Ord
Drebbles
Feb 19, 2010 Drebbles rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2006
Molly Forrester writes an advice column for Zeitgeist, a Manhattan magazine. She'd like to write for a more prestigious magazine and sees her chance when Teddy Reynolds, advertising director for Zeitgeist, is murdered and she literally stumbles over his body at the magazine offices. Molly wants to try and sell the story of Teddy's murder from her viewpoint and decides to try and solve the murder herself as an additional selling point for the article. She has another incentive to solve the murder ...more
Heidi
Jun 11, 2014 Heidi rated it it was amazing
Molly Forrester writes for Zeitgeist in the advice column like Dear Abby but one night her new pair of Jimmy Choo stumble into the body of her dead colleague. Since Molly writes a column about dealing with peoples secrets it should be a piece of cake solving a murder. Molly enlist the help of her Lawyer friend Cassady and Event planner Tricia to support and help her find the murder. As luck would have it a cute Homicide detective can't decide if Molly is guilty or truly just wanting to help a fr ...more
Kristen
Jun 28, 2015 Kristen rated it really liked it
Shelves: serial-mystery, 2015
In Sheryl Anderson's Killer Heels, the first installment in the Molly Forrester mystery series, this mystery has it all--romance, humor, and plenty of intrigue. Molly was a columnist for Zeitgeist magazine, when she wanted to get away from it all and become a real journalist. As she discovered the dead body of a colleague, that's when she investigated the murder and met the handsome Kyle Edwards, a police detective for the NYPD. As they dug into Teddy Reynolds's life, she suspected a couple of p ...more
Julie H.
Jul 06, 2011 Julie H. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
What a treat to discover a fun, new-to-me series seven years after its kickoff! No long wait, and I can just dive immediately into the follow-up.

Molly Forrester, advice columnist for Zeitgeist magazine, is a welcome addition to my list of aspiring, savvy, hard-working women thrust into the midst of a crime (or three) who work their way through the events, peoples' reactions to said events, and then come up with a resolution. Only in Molly's case, she's got two great friends who aid and abet her,
Katie
Apr 08, 2016 Katie rated it it was ok
I saw it on a display table when I walked into the library. On the cover were the New York City skyline and a pair of fuchsia stilettos. I know I shouldn't judge a book by its cover but I couldn't help it. It was about a 29ish girl who tried to solve a murder on her own and get to the bottom of the scandal. It was a fun light read 13 an easy way to start the New Year 13 but nothing to run out and get right now.
Julie
Mar 13, 2016 Julie rated it it was amazing
Light, fluffy read. Just what I need between non-fiction or heavier, more intense fiction. This author cracks me up. She's really good at what she does: provides escapism, doesn't take herself too seriously, keeps it fast paced & leaves you smiling. I'll read anything she writes.
Jan
Molly Forrerster is working for a NYC magazine as an advice columnist but she has higher journalistic aspirations. When she and a friend literally stumble over the murdered body of a coworker, Molly hopes to solve the crime and write the article that will launch her career.

When I first started this book, I was not really enjoying it. I put it aside to read something else. I am so glad I went back to it. This is a very funny and entertaining chick lit mystery. Molly and her friends are sort of Se
Ruth
Feb 18, 2009 Ruth rated it liked it
Molly had two best friends. She worked as the Dear Abby of a ladies magazine. Out for drinks one night she was explaining that the magazine that she worked for had just purchased a horrible piece of art. Cassady was very curious and begged Molly to show it to her. They went to the magazine and before Molly could turn on the lights for the "ta da" effect, she stumbled over something and felt her shoes getting soaked. A dead body of a colleague is on the floor and the mystery begins.

The book was l
Margaret H.
Dec 04, 2008 Margaret H. rated it liked it
I sought out this mystery series on the recommendation of Mindy Kalling's Stuff I've Bought That I Love blog and, on the whole, I am not disappointed that I did. I guessed the killer pretty early on, simply from her inexplicable prominence, but I didn't figure out all the why's of the case until Molly herself did. None of the characters were as fully developed as I would have liked, but hopefully that changes as the series goes on, and I enjoy them in their essentials. And, of course, I am a suc ...more
Jane
May 21, 2015 Jane rated it really liked it
Shelves: myst
Really enjoyed - nicely twisted, good plotting, liked the characters. Real possibilities for the series!
Cindy
Mar 09, 2016 Cindy rated it liked it
Couldn't sleep. Needed something unchallenging to read. This filled the bill. .
Doris
Feb 26, 2008 Doris rated it it was ok
It's good for what it is: A light murder-mystery. (It really deserves 1.5 stars, but that's not an option.) The book jacket gives away a key plot point, however, so the suspense isn't as high as it could have been.

The brand-name dropping and the pop-culture references only serve to make the book feel dated.

The protagonist's job as an advice columnist is a device for inner monologue, which gets tedious the third time it's used. And the broadly drawn characterizations of a lawyer and an event plan
TheChuckster
Apr 02, 2015 TheChuckster rated it liked it
I enjoyed reading this book. However, the killer was very obvious to me.
ROBIN LAIDMAN
Cute. I bought it for 25 cents at the library.
Debra
Jul 19, 2014 Debra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Slow slow start. But then I liked it.
Anushree
May 15, 2016 Anushree rated it really liked it
This is the first mystery book I've read in a while, and definitely the first of its kind. I'm not disappointed at all. Definitely going to dive into the rest of series ASAP. The only reason I give it 4 stars instead of 5 is because at a certain point I was able to figure out who the murderer was, and I would have liked to be on the edge of my seat until the last page. Still a great book, though, and perfect to take a break in between some of the more intense series that are out there.
Sandy
Jan 06, 2010 Sandy rated it liked it
This wasn't the greatest mystery but I will admit I was guessing on who it was between three suspects I had in mind. This story didn't evoke any emotions from me but it was entertaining nevertheless. The heroine, Molly Forrester, was an amateur sleuth who didn't really help solve anything in my opinion. Overall, it wasn't bad but if you want to read something similar in the mystery genre, I suggest the Psychic Eye series by Victoria Laurie. 3/5 stars.
K
Oct 23, 2007 K rated it it was ok
Mindy Kaling (Kelly Kapur on the Office) recommended this murder mystery/Sex & the City mash-up on her blog as a fun breezy summer read. Carrie Bradshaw-esque advice columnist solves a murder with assistance of Charlotte & Samantha/Miranda-esque friends, hooks up with detective with good bone structure. A very mild read, with not an extraordinary amount to offer by way of suspense, sex, wit, or insight into fashion.
Tina
May 10, 2011 Tina rated it liked it
Found this at the library. I was looking for something fun to read. The quote on the front mentions Stephanie Plum so I decided to give the book a try. Too much Sex in the City feel and not enough Stephanie Plum for my taste but I'm only on page 100. I will hold judgement until the end.

Its offical, not enough Stephanie Plum (no cars exploded). I was really hoping to laugh out loud but I was only slightly amused.
Corrine
Jul 13, 2008 Corrine rated it really liked it
Shelves: mysterydetective
I found this one on the shelf at the library, actually my 3 year old picked it because of the cover I think. I really like her style. I enjoy reading this book, almost done. I feel like I am sitting next to "Molly" and she is telling me the story. Anyway fun read and I think I will look for more of her books. Clean murder mystery.
Erin
May 15, 2013 Erin rated it liked it
No spoiler alert here, I wouldn't want to take the fun out of the book for you. Great, engaging read about a murder/mystery in New York City. Three gorgeous yet goofy gals try to get ahead of the detectives and solve the crime first. It's kind of "Sex In The City" twisted with "NYPD Blue".

Have fun!
Jillian Kern
Jun 01, 2016 Jillian Kern rated it liked it
Shelves: light-reads
About what one would expect from this type of book: however, I was impressed by a surprising level of emotion that was present. The "best girl-friends" cliche, as always, was incredibly irritating though; maybe I just haven't made the right friends but this seems so unrealistic.
Valerie Patterson
Oct 10, 2009 Valerie Patterson rated it really liked it
Anderson scores a triple with this debut novel. The plot's good and so are the characters--especially Molly. However, I found myself skimming entire paragraphs that were loaded with excess. This cozy mystery is sure to please regardless.
Lisa Janda
Mar 10, 2009 Lisa Janda rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Got this from the library, thankfully, because I barely made it through five pages. Didn't click with the heroine, didn't care, just found her tiresome. Granted, I could go back and give it another shot but I really don't want to.
Marisa
Jun 01, 2009 Marisa rated it it was ok
Mildly amusing. The mystery wasn't all that mysterious and I found myself speed reading through it just to get it over with. The writing was not very engaging. I won't be reading the other books in the series.
Melissa
Feb 17, 2012 Melissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-read-2006
Book #8 read in 2006

This was a very entertaining book. The plot was a little slow moving, and there were very little clues to the murderer. However, I liked it enough to read the next in the series.
Genesa
Aug 22, 2008 Genesa rated it it was amazing
I LOVE THE WAY SHERYL ANDERSON WRITES! She writes sentances that people might actually say. And I love the way her characters interact. I wish I had two best friends like Molly does.
Joyce
May 03, 2013 Joyce rated it it was amazing
Refreshing and a different style than I'm used to reading, really liked it, now need to find more of her books for more reading enjoyment. Now off to another great book (I hope).
Holly
Sep 11, 2008 Holly rated it liked it
I would have given this 3 1/2 stars if I could. It's not quite a four in my book. :-)

Full Review at:
  • Dressed to Keel (A Darcy Cavanaugh Mystery #1)
  • Dating Can Be Murder (Samantha Shaw Mystery, #1)
  • Dead Air (Talk Radio Mystery #1)
  • Blue Blood (Debutante Dropout, #1)
  • Knock Off (A Finley Anderson Tanner Mystery, #1)
  • A Dose of Murder (Pauline Sokol, #1)
  • Candy Apple Red (Jane Kelly, #1)
  • Blondes Have More Felons (December Vaughn, #1)
  • A Tisket, A Tasket, A Fancy Stolen Casket (A Callie Parrish Mystery #1)
  • For Better, for Murder
  • Double Black (A Ski Diva Mystery, #1)
  • Maid for Murder (Charlotte LaRue Mystery, #1)
  • Maggie Needs An Alibi (Maggie Kelly Mystery, #1)
  • Buzz Off (Queen Bee, #1)
  • How to Host a Killer Party (Party Planning, #1)
  • Well Bred and Dead (A High Society Mystery, #1)
  • Dying to Be Thin (A Fat City Mystery, #1)
  • Veiled Threats (Carnegie Kincaid, #1)

Molly Forrester Mystery (4 books)
  • Killer Cocktail (Molly Forrester Mystery, #2)
  • Killer Deal (Molly Forrester Mystery, #3)
  • Killer Riff (Molly Forrester Mystery, #4)