Start by marking “Finding Forrester (Medallion Editions for Young Readers)” as Want to Read:
Finding Forrester (Medallion Editions for Young Readers)

Finding Forrester (Medallion Editions for Young Readers)

Family isn't always what you're born with—sometimes it's the people you find, sometimes it's the people who find you.

He was a vibrant personality who wrote a Pulitzer Prize-winning classic novel four decades ago. And that's the last the world heard of William Forrester.

That is until Jamal Wallace, a brash 16-year-old with a secret passion for writing, invades Forrester's s

Published September 12th 2005 by Newmarket (first published December 1st 2000)

AMEERA
Dec 11, 2016 AMEERA rated it really liked it
why sad ending it's just almost to be perfect why !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Evin
Feb 12, 2009 Evin rated it it was amazing
I loved the movie, "Finding Forester" so much that I hoped to enjoy the story from another perspective by reading the novel. It seems so right to read the book upon which a movie is based, especially when the story revolves around two main characters who share a passion for the written word.

I read the book while traveling. It certainly made the time pass and easily fits in a carry-on bag, purse, or briefcase. You know that feeling that comes over you when you realize the book you are enjoying i
Maddie
Jan 15, 2009 Maddie rated it really liked it
Finding Forrester is about a boy named Jamal Wallace, a 16-year-old with a secret passion for writing and a talented African-American scholar-athlete invades William Forrester’s apartment in the Bronx and re-ignites the dreams of his literacy legend in his life. The theme of Finding Forrester id that usually someone isn’t inspired until someone inspires or motivates them.
Jamal is very secretive about his passion for writing. He doesn’t want any of his friends to know about him being smart. Whe
Rhonda Rae Baker
Feb 21, 2010 Rhonda Rae Baker rated it it was amazing
I love this story...love the characters, love the meanings. When we learn that friends can be closer to us than family. The writing is wonderfully poetic with many references to legendary authors.

This story always leads me to a wonderful place in my heart where all dreams can come true but we must make sure we pursue them before it is too late.

Somewhere Over the Rainbow, birds fly then why can't I...yes, we can fly, we can dream big, and we must live our lives according to those dreams. Don't s
ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ
The book is very good but one must realize it's written based on the screenplay for the movie. The title of the edition I had was confusing as it says at the top of the cover "Now a Major Motion Picture from Columbia Pictures and the Director of "Good Will Hunting" starring Sean Connery." In tiny print on the bottom of the front cover it says "Based on the screenplay written by Mike Rich." The movie was good, so the book isn't bad either. But don't read this expecting to find things not in the m ...more
Rebe
This book is unusual in that 1) it's based off a movie, not the other way around as usually happens, and 2) it's a vast improvement on the movie. I read the book and couldn't put it down. Then I watched the movie, expecting something as good as the book, and was really disappointed. But definitely read the book!
Jenni
Apr 08, 2009 Jenni rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-lit
An interesting tidbit about this novel is that it was written after the film was created. I have taught it in my low-level English courses and the students typically love it (especially once they realize a movie viewing is imminent). It is easy to read, yet still has ideas to discuss and points to ponder.
Lynne
Sep 21, 2014 Lynne rated it it was amazing
I didn't realize that this was written from the screenplay. I had never read a book written from a screenplay. I have to say, as much as I loved the movie, as is almost always the case, the book was far superior.
Emma
Mar 14, 2013 Emma rated it it was amazing
Makeup ruined! Literally cryed it all down my face at the end. It is written so beautifully, it is so compelling and the storyline is so inspiring. 5 big gold stars. Its a real tear jerker! Love love love it! Emma
Christine Sinclair
Aug 21, 2013 Christine Sinclair rated it really liked it
This is a novelization of the screenplay, which I don't generally read, but I liked it. And I love the movie, and I love Sean Connery's picture on the book cover!
Jonathan
Sep 03, 2012 Jonathan rated it really liked it
I read this book based on a movie before I ever saw the movie, and I recommend the opposite experience. James Ellison surpassed his already excellent source material in his adaptation.
Tamara
Sep 21, 2008 Tamara rated it it was amazing
for the teacher in all of us...and the student we were at one time, longing for a teacher like this.

besides....in the movie, sean connery is hot:)
Julanne Wicks
Moving and inspirational. A little slow in the writing style, the words moving like molasses across the page, but definitely a story that'll stick with you when you're done.
Uriel Regalado
Uriel Regalado rated it it was ok
Apr 30, 2014
Andres Carbone
Andres Carbone rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2014
Evan Coane
Evan Coane rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2012
Kristin
Kristin rated it really liked it
May 25, 2012
Olivia
Olivia rated it liked it
May 06, 2011
Zetti
Zetti rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2011
Loren
Loren rated it liked it
Jun 17, 2012
Casey Parker
Casey Parker rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2012
Sarai Ramos
Sep 11, 2014 Sarai Ramos rated it it was amazing
Ahmed
Ahmed rated it it was amazing
Oct 20, 2013
Michaela Richelle
Michaela Richelle rated it it was ok
Apr 13, 2011
Escapethereality
Escapethereality rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2015
George
George rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2012
Kim D Bailey
Kim D Bailey rated it it was amazing
Jan 31, 2016
Andrew Nguyen
Andrew Nguyen rated it it was amazing
Nov 15, 2012
Oci Hasan
Oci Hasan rated it really liked it
Mar 22, 2013
Meredith
Meredith rated it it was ok
Aug 05, 2008
  • The One Hundredth Thing About Caroline
  • المسرحيات
  • 36 Children
  • Librarian on the Roof! A True Story
  • Toxic Childhood: How the Modern World is Damaging Our Children and What We Can Do About It
  • A Quiet Revolution: The Veil's Resurgence, from the Middle East to America
  • If Only
  • Ecoliterate: How Educators Are Cultivating Emotional, Social, and Ecological Intelligence
  • Leave Her to Heaven
  • I Can Read You Like a Book: How to Spot the Messages and Emotions People Are Really Sending with Their Body Language
  • Elephant Man
  • VANYA: Buaya-buaya Geologi
  • The Big Kill
  • De ontvoering van Alfred Heineken

“You write your first draft with your heart, and you rewrite with your head.” 31 likes