Start by marking “Hummingbird - Dilema Cinta” as Want to Read:
Hummingbird - Dilema Cinta

Hummingbird - Dilema Cinta

4.07 of 5 stars 4.07  ·  rating details  ·  3,001 ratings  ·  187 reviews
JESSE dan DAVID

Penjahat dan laki-laki terhormat—sebutan itulah yang paling tepat menjelaskan perbedaan menyolok di antara kedua laki-laki itu.Jesse adalah jenis laki-laki yang dilarang keras oleh ibumu: kasar, brengsek, liar, dan memiliki sisi sensual bad boy yang susah dijelaskan.

Sedangkan David adalah laki-laki impian semua perempuan; dia lembut, penyayang.... Genggaman
Published August 2010 by Gagas Media (first published 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Hummingbird - Dilema Cinta, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hummingbird - Dilema Cinta

Kristen (Peddler of Smut)
HUGE 5 stars

They don't write romance like this anymore!

Hummingbird is one of the most delightful, engaging, sweep you off your feet and make you smile romances I've read to date. I now understand why this is one of LaVyrle Spenser's more beloved books.

I could gush on and on about the wonderful and richly developed characters, the hilarious and brilliant plot, the overwhelming sexual tension, and the beautifully written prose that overflows in this story. But what I really want to do, however, i
KatLynne
Sep 04, 2011 KatLynne rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who loves a character driven historical romance with humor
This is my second book by this author and I loved everything about it! How have I missed this amazing talent? The copy I just finished is a loan from the Library, dog-eared, tattered with yellow, crinkling paper held together by tape! The printing date is May 1983! But this one is timeless and I would never have known it’s age if I hadn’t looked! Where have I been not to have read some of her books? To think I could have missed this wonderful gift if my GR friend Jill had not recommended her Mor ...more
Mo
Both were wounded in the same train robbery in frontier Colorado and left on Abigail McKenzie's doorstep to nurse back to life.

Gentle, loving David, promising her a happiness she'd lost hope of finding, was all a lady could wish for.

Jesse stood for everything she hated: he was rude, violent, roughly handsome and disturbingly sensual.

But it was Jesse's mocking mouth that troubled her dreams, Jesse who made her feel a hundred things a lady should never know, Jesse who challenged her every waking
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
This is my favorite book by LS. It's funny, when I read this book, I had not discovered the appeal of the 'bad boy' yet. I was thinking that Abigail was better off with the nice guy she was nursing. But she ends up falling for Jesse, and so do I. This book was steamy but in a different way from nowadays. The steam was the sexual tension that did not rely on descriptive love scenes, but the attraction between the characters.

Reading LS is an experience because you don't get out of her books witho
Misfit
Stuart's Junction, Colorado. The morning run from the Rocky Mountain Railway shows up very late, and with two injured men to boot - one of them allegedly attempted to rob the train and the other heroically saved the day. Doc needs someone to tend the two men, and since no one wants a dangerous criminal in their home the railroad's going to have to pay for it, and Miss Abigail definitely could use the money. Miss Abigail lost her one chance at happiness at twenty when she committed to caring for ...more
Crista
This is the first book by Lavyrle Spencer that I've ever read. I'm a long time romance reader, but I incorrectly got the impression that Spencer's work was "old". I remember seeing a book of hers that my grandma was reading when I was in Jr High. The image stuck with me, so I haven't until now, given her the "respect" that she so obviously deserves.

Hummingbird was so many things.....It was very funny yet it dealt with serious emotions. It was very fictional yet it also felt very real. I really
Ya~
The heroine Abigail single-handedly ruined the entire book for me. Morning Glory is such a wonderful novel by LaVyrle Spencer that I feel bad about giving Hummingbird a low rating:( RTC...
Bark's Book Nonsense
The author spends the majority of the book concentrating on the developing romance between Jesse and Abigail. They start out absolutely despising each other, they bicker - constantly - but it's not annoying bickering, it's funny (I laughed out loud more than once) and it's believable, then over the course of the book they become friends. This was a close to perfect book but it wasn't perfect because it was about 80 pages too long, IMO. About three-quarters of the way through the book Jesse is he ...more
Cristina
Excellent book. Anything by LaVyrle Spencer is excellent!!!!Hummingbird is one of those rare books that can be read again and again and still enjoy it as much as the first time...

Photobucket

If you do like romance novels, you will be in for a pleasant surprise if you're used to the average romance novel. Spencer's characters are usually of an age, normal, often average in looks, but fiercely human.

I have never had the pleasure to read such heartfelt and touching scenes in a novel in all of my life. The scen
Teresa Medeiros
Everyone was shocked when LaVyrle Spencer retired from writing a few years ago at the top of her game (and the top of the bestseller lists), but she left behind a rich legacy of books. YEARS (with its grown-up LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE vibe) is another one of my favorites but HUMMINGBIRD is the ultimate gunfighter/schoolmarm Western. There are plenty of opportunities for delicious and romantic encounters as gentle, prim Abigail McKenzie nurses wounded gunfighter Jesse back to life...and love. ...more
Maqluba
Krisaundra
Lavyrle Spencer is, in my opinion, the best romance writer of all the ones out there I have come across... her books take place in many places throughout America, in various time frames, yet always come across as current and applicable to any woman, anywhere, at any point in time... Her ability to create rich characters filled with human flaws is what appeals to me most. None of them are perfectly gorgeous, with fabulous lives and not all of them have happy endings in the way we think of, or exp ...more
Kathleen
Oh, how I wish Audible would publish an audiobook for this story and for Morning Glory. Not abridged!! Pleaaaase. I loved this book. Smile on my face. Laughter. Tears. Hopes. Dreams. Just beautiful. Mmm..Mmm.

My favorite by Spencer is Morning Glory, but this book is totally wondrous, too. Spencer speaks to the heart.
Gigi
Jane Stewart
Very enjoyable romance.

There were some scenes that had me laughing out loud. I loved the characters. It was fun to see how fighting added spice to the relationship and the characters looked forward to their spats. It was well done. I'm going to try more from this author. Sexual content: mild.
Regan Walker
A Second Chance at Love From a Very Unlikely Place

Set in 1879 in Colorado, this is the story of the very proper Miss Abigail McKenzie who decides she needs to make some money to keep herself and her home. So, when two men, wounded on a train in what was thought to be a robbery, show up in her town and the doc says he needs a place to put them—at the railroad’s expense—she volunteers. One is the “hero” and one is the “train robber,” but it matters little to Abigail who is good a tending the sick
Xipie
I unearthed this book at the back of a closet the other day, which I thought was a funny place for me to put a book. I vaguely remembered not liking it all that much, but I figured it couldn't be too bad because it's by LaVyrle Spencer, so I started reading it again. By the time I got to chapter 7 or thereabouts, I remembered exactly why I had chucked it into a closet the first time around.

Jesse, the hero, is an asshole of the first order. Abigail was a little irritating and prissy at first, but
TJ
I think I'm becoming obsessed with old LaVyrle Spencer novels. They are incredible! She is the queen of angst romance and "Hummingbird" is one of her best! The conflict between Jessie and Abigail was bite-your-nails, edge-of-your-seat, I-can't-believe-he/she-did-that, riveting until the very last page was turned.
Marleen
Oh WOW! I was surprised and impressed by this read. I’ve only read 2 or 3 LaVyrle Spencer books before and that was quite a few years ago. I remember being utterly enchanted by Morning Glory, which was a 5-star read. LaVyrle Spencer is a uniquely talented author with such a deep understanding of the human heart, it leaves me mesmerized. What really sets this author a part is that her characters have a kind of depth and kindness you rarely encounter these days anymore. Spencer’s quality also lays ...more
Trewen
A smidge under 4 stars

I'm having a hard time rating this book.
There were things I loved and things I hated about Hummingbird.
First, I love how Spencer writes. She can especially create a Hero to die for.
And Jesse is definitely that. The macho bad boy who can be so gentle and kind. Abby was uptight with her rules of propriety but we watched her discover herself. They were funny and witty together and I enjoyed their story.

However

...SPOILERS AHEAD....

Jesse was such an ass in the beginning and I HA
Maddux
Hot damn. I have no qualms about giving this book 5 stars.

What I thought would be a LoooOOooong, drawn out story, turned out to be a surprising page-turner.

The author did such a wonderful job pulling me in and keeping me in. There was never a "brick wall" point in this story. I was excited to keep turning the page. Or.. well.. clicking the next page button on my Kindle.

Jesse was soo yummy and had such a rousing rapport with our heroine Abbie. Very likable characters. Their back and forth bickeri
Head in the clouds
A classic Western Romance - old school style. Ahh... I can almost smell the gunpowder and feel the grit against my imaginary cowboy boots.

Although the blurb indicates a love triangle - it was a no brainer that Jesse is the one true love interest. The antagonistic romance was truly antagonistic to the point of throwing things at each other - but it had a hilarious slapstick quality to it that made me grin.

Jesse Jesse Jesse...although I have a thing against moustaches...still when I think of you..
librarygirl
Ooohhh Hummingbird. I still don't know how I feel about this book! It started off pretty slow, the heroine was a prissy prude for most of the book and the hero was a little too rough with the lady for my taste. They had many physical altercations and the hero tried forcing her to bend to his will a LOT. I found the hero to be a brute and not in a charming, sexy way. The romance did grab me though and even though I was cringing through a lot of it I didn't throw it up against the wall!
Adwina Ralston Cumberbatch
ceritanya bagus bgt..
cuma gw agak ksel aja ama Abbie
dy tu terlalu proper, jd kaku bgt
dont get me wrong, gw suka bgt ama ce proper, tp gw suka ce proper yg kuat dan menurut gw Abbie itu bukannya kuat, malahan klewat naif. Pdahal umur udah 33
yah tapi gw suka bgt ama Jesse sih
dy ngajarin Abbie biar ga terlalu kaku dan nikmatin hidup
all and all.. menyentuh, tapi Abbienya agak bikin gw ksel d bbrp saat
apalagi pas dy ama Jesse gtuan. Ngeselin pas dy malah marah2
huff
Lucie "a heart so wild"
Top book! I could give 10*. With 'nursing back to health' theme and 'bad-boys' type of Hero...what more could I wish. I couldn't stop reading this until finish. Great chemistry, great love-scene. But the last love-scene is the best!
nurmawati
bener2 bagus banget....gaya penceritaannya ngalir...chemistry nya kuat dan terjemahan nya nagus plus editor nya oke....5 bintang deh ^^
Colleen
Aahhhhhh Jesse!! hahaha I love this book. Love this author. Love the historical setting. Love the characters. Great one.
Cheryl
Favorite book ever.
Kagama-the Literaturevixen
  • The Promise of Jenny Jones
  • Courting Miss Hattie
  • Always to Remember
  • A Wild Yearning
  • Dancing on Coals
  • Pieces of Sky (Blood Rose, #1)
  • Night in Eden
  • A Reason to Live (Forrester Brothers, #1)
  • Under the Desert Moon
  • The Devil's Waltz
LaVyrle Spencer is an American best-selling author of contemporary and historical romance novels. She has successfully published a number of books, with several of them made into movies. Twelve of her books have been New York Times bestsellers, and Spencer was inducted into the Romance Writers of America Hall of Fame in 1988.

Spencer is known for creating realistic characters and stories that focu
More about LaVyrle Spencer...
Morning Glory Small Town Girl Family Blessings Separate Beds That Camden Summer

“She's had so little love, Jesse thought, I will drown her in it for the rest of her life.” 23 likes
“She writhed between him and the door and he moved his mouth to her ear, whispering hoarsely, "Abbie, I'm going to take you to that bed and make love to you like you never imagined you'd be made love to again.” 7 likes