Start by marking “My Desperate Love Diary (Diaries of Kelly Ann, #1)” as Want to Read:
My Desperate Love Diary (Diaries of Kelly Ann, #1)

My Desperate Love Diary (Diaries of Kelly Ann #1)

3.64  ·  Rating Details  ·  565 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
Kelly Ann is fifteen and desperately in love with G - the biggest idiot in school. Her best friends Liz and Stephanie can see how awful G is - and also that Kelly Ann's quietly gorgeous friend Chris is madly in love with her. But Kelly Ann stumbles along blindly, unable to see what's right in front of her eyes. Navigating her way through teenage embarrassments, sick-filled ...more
Published July 7th 2005 by Corgi Childrens

To ask other readers questions about My Desperate Love Diary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Desperate Love Diary

The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsCity of Bones by Cassandra ClareTwilight by Stephenie MeyerPride and Prejudice by Jane AustenHush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
I Fell In Love With The Man Or Men Of These Books!
393rd out of 1,519 books — 1,113 voters
Divergent by Veronica RothAnna and the French Kiss by Stephanie PerkinsThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsThe Iron King by Julie KagawaHex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
Wish List
42nd out of 197 books — 31 voters

More lists with this book...

Jessica
Nov 23, 2009 Jessica rated it did not like it
I was given this book from my mother and I think she got this from a book market. I normally don't read these kind of books and I can see why.

Typical characters, typical storyline and typical ending. You could predict everything in this book. I refuse to read it again so I can't remember the character's names. But I'll give you a run through:

Girl is extremly self-concious and has a crush on the popular guy.
Popular guy meets girl at a party and begins to flirt.
Girl invites him over and they are a
Gizelle Sookool
Really funny and enjoyable
Sophie
Aug 28, 2010 Sophie rated it liked it
My Desperate Love Diary follows fifteen-year-old Kelly Ann’s, well, disastrous, attempts to lure the boy of her dreams.

Liz Rettig has imagined a brilliantly memorable cast of characters to support Kelly Ann. Her best friends, Liz and Stephanie, are there for her every step of the way, but definitely keep her feet off the ground. Liz is always on a doomed-from-the-start diet and provides therapy sessions for anyone who’ll listen while Stephanie has gorgeous, not-so-clever boyfriend after gorgeous
GiraffeAndy
Apr 09, 2012 GiraffeAndy rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, contemporary
"Deník mý zoufalý lásky" jsem četla poprvý už před nějákou dobou, ale protože jsem nedávno měla chuť na nějákou oddechovku a šáhla jsem po téhle knize znovu, rozhodla jsem se o ní něco napsat. Na první pohled totiž ta kniha málokoho zaujme - název a obálka svědčí spíš o nějáké jednoduché knížce pro malé holky, no prostě víte, jak to myslím...

Já sama jsem k té knize už když jsem jí četla poprvé byla dost skeptická. Ale ačkoliv už odzačátku víte, jak ta kniha dopadne, protože hlavní hrdinka je ev
Renée M.
Aug 01, 2014 Renée M. rated it it was amazing
Hilarious book - though I read it in danish, since it is my native language - the characters are funny and even though the story line is predictable enough if you've seen enough teen movies, I still loved the book because of how I could relate to certain scenes and awkward moments.

Oh, and if you loved the movie series AWKWARD from MTV, then I'm sure you will love this book as well. Well, I got caught up with it so maybe you will too..
Navdeep
Dec 24, 2009 Navdeep rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who loke and romance with comedy
Jennifer Wardrip
Sep 11, 2010 Jennifer Wardrip rated it really liked it
Reviewed by Monica Sheffo for TeensReadToo.com

Kelly Ann is completely in love with the man of her dreams, whom she only refers to as "G". She's positive he also likes her.

If only things were that easy.

Kelly Ann's got a secret admirer, parents who are on the verge of a split, and a pregnant sister. Plus, high school! With the help of her friends, can she survive school and figure out her secret admirer's identity, as well as win the heart of the school's most notorious player?

As reliable as your
RYCJ
Aug 02, 2011 RYCJ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
...And a desperate love diary this is. The humor and sarcasm was quite entertaining, as were the many (too numerous) laugh out loud moments. As the love diary heads to the middle of the book (Kelly Ann quantifying why the guy she is madly in love with is dodging her), the theme and sarcasm thins and wears a bit. The irony however is, I'm trapped and wrapped up in seeing how Rettig is going to package this piece. I can't close the book. I want to know what's going to be the quantum that brings Ke ...more
miss vampire 101
Dec 19, 2009 miss vampire 101 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: teens 10-18
Recommended to miss by: olivia friend
This book i got when i was given money to go into town i got all three of the set ,my mind has really read all the trashy books about teenage love and love yada yada , this one is quite pointless not that it want good which it was but i mean the main character kelly ann falls for a complete sneb G all of her friends really annoy her telling her what a complete sneb he is but she never listens,until she finds out when she dates him he only only wants one thing (usally this is in evrey teen book n ...more
Emily Secher
Jun 18, 2015 Emily Secher rated it really liked it
I love it! It is so funny, especially because you can relate to the all awkward moments in the book! Kelly Ann is such a relatable character that you can't help but love her. Great book, I would definitely recommend it for a funny read!
Allie
May 02, 2015 Allie rated it really liked it
Maggie
May 03, 2014 Maggie rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so much! Kelly Ann was hilarious and I thought the ending was sweet.
Ivy
Jun 16, 2012 Ivy rated it it was amazing
I think I read this 3-4 years ago which was borrowed by a friend's friend. I saw her holding it and was attracted to the cover and right there and then I wanted to get my hands on it so I begged my friend to ask her friend to borrow it to me. Desperate much.
Anyways, I dont remember the story much but I do remember that I loved it a lot and I didn't want to return the book back. How young and selfish I was back then. Not that that's changed. Tehee.

Edit: I ordered the book. Wanted to read it aga
Bobina Venclová
It was funny and I'd love Kelly Ann and Chris's Kiss scene.
Chloe Storer
May 18, 2014 Chloe Storer rated it it was amazing
this book was brilliant! so funny x
Katerina
throw back like, 2011
Annabelle Laurance
Feb 16, 2010 Annabelle Laurance rated it did not like it
Shelves: chicreads
Well I didnt actually finish reading this book cos it sucks. Sorry but ive read 3/4 and it still hasnt got any of my attention. It is very unrealistic and has very unrealistic stupid characters, ie kellie Annes mum, Kellie Ann herself. I dont recommend this to challenging readers. I might recommend it to the faint readers. Every diary entry, is about nothing in particular. Just her going on and on about how 'ugly' she looks. Maybe it has little events but its certainly straight down boring.
Cherie
Jun 05, 2011 Cherie rated it really liked it
A funny story, told in diary style, about a Scottish teenage girl, her dysfunctional family, her friends and her school crush.

So many funny things happen in this book - love, lust, pregnancy, mid-life crisis, feminism, computer hacking, divorce, alcoholism and the general over the top insanity that can only come from a teenager.

A cute, funny and fast read :)
Bonnie
Jul 22, 2008 Bonnie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: teen, british
I love reading young adult fiction and this book did not disappoint. This adorable book is the diary of a 15 year old Scottish girl--sort of a female "Diary of Adrian Mole". (And while Adrian Mole is superior and a classic, this is a worthy successor). Her chronicles of her crush, her family, friends, and teachers is hilarious and witty. Perfect light YA fiction.
Michaela
Mar 31, 2013 Michaela rated it liked it
An hilarious story about unrequited love, mothers going through mid-life crisis and not seeing what's right under your nose.
I loved this when I read it years ago and I loved it this time too. It's the type of book that can only be described as fun.
Julia Rai
Feb 26, 2014 Julia Rai rated it it was ok
2/2.5

Funny, light, easy read. Slightly disappointed with the characters. Recommend to beginner readers around my age.

Full review: http://threebookbloggers.tumblr.com/p...
Heather
Jul 14, 2011 Heather rated it it was amazing
Funny and clever. True, it's incredibly predictable, but I think that's the whole point. My Desperate Love Diary is definitely not your average romantic comedy--it's witty, adorable and incredibly original.
Sofia  Oliveira
Gostei deste livro pela visão realista da pré-adolescência/adolescência pela qual, também eu, já passei e que (in)felizmente me permitiu vivenciar estas coisas todas que a Kelly Ann nos vai descrevendo.
Georgia Pattison
Aug 30, 2012 Georgia Pattison rated it liked it
Shelves: teen-girl
not one of the best books I've ever read, but found it very funny. easy to read and enjoyable. i really wanted to punch her in the face for being so dim about G though!
Megan
Feb 03, 2008 Megan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it. Couldn't really understand some of it because it's set in Britain, or some place like that, but i enjoyed it. It was a good read.
Dacil
Sep 24, 2007 Dacil added it
Recommends it for: nobody
AHHHHH
this book is absolute rubbish
so predictable I just couldn't read it anymore after the 1st few chapters
It made me angry >0

cheerio!
Susan
Aug 21, 2012 Susan rated it liked it
Ha really funny if you like The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole Aged 13 and Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging, this book is for you. ...more
Camila
Jan 14, 2012 Camila rated it really liked it
I love this book! I think that sometimes what the narrator would say would be so ironic in contrast to the situation that it was hilarious!
Lorna Oatey
Oct 28, 2013 Lorna Oatey rated it really liked it
this book was really good really enjoyed i was so interested that i read it in 2 days! loved it!
Vivienne
Jun 03, 2012 Vivienne rated it really liked it
very funny but soooo similar to the georgia books!!
  • Back to Life (Rachel Riley, #5)
  • PinkMuffin@BerryBlue. Betreff: IrrLäufer (PinkMuffin@BerryBlue, #1)
  • S hlavou v oblacích (pejru)
  • The Boy/Friend (Girlfriend Fiction, #19)
  • Girl, Going on 17: Pants on Fire (Jess Jordan, #3)
  • Džínsový denník 2 (Džínsový denník, #2)
  • Tough Love
  • Mládí v hajzlu III.: Mladík v exilu
  • Dear Swoosie (Girlfriend Fiction, #17)
  • Meet the Real World, Rachel
  • Sealed with a Kiss (Diary of a Crush, #3)
My name is Liz Rettig and I am an author. Luckily I had an unhappy childhood, an angst ridden adolescence, and my adult years have been characterised by an almost unremitting catalogue of failures. The ideal background then to nurture an author's talent. I write funny romantic novels mainly for teens but loads of adults read them so they can look back and laugh (or cringe). You can find out more a ...more
More about Liz Rettig...

Diaries of Kelly Ann (5 books)
  • My Now or Never Diary (Diaries of Kelly Ann, #2)
  • My Dating Disasters Diary (Diaries of Kelly Ann, #3)
  • My Rocky Romance Diary (Diaries of Kelly Ann, #4)
  • My Scorching Summer Diary (Diaries of Kelly Ann, #5)