Start by marking “The Life of Mary As Seen By the Mystics” as Want to Read:
The Life of Mary As Seen By the Mystics

The Life of Mary As Seen By the Mystics

A masterpiece that combines the visions of four great Catholic mystics into one coherent story on the life of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Based primarily on the famous revelations of Ven. Anne Catherine Emmerich and Ven. Mary of Agreda, it also includes many episodes described in the writings of St. Bridget of Sweden and St. Elizabeth of Schenau. To read this book, therefore, ...more
Published November 1st 1991 by TAN Books (first published January 1st 1991)

To ask other readers questions about The Life of Mary As Seen By the Mystics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Life of Mary As Seen By the Mystics

Yolanda
Jan 18, 2010 Yolanda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
The Life of Mary As Seen by the Mystics is a compilation by Raphael Brown of the journals of four Catholic saints who were also mystics. These saints all lived in different times ranging from the 12th century to the 19th century, yet all recorded similar visions of Our Lady. Combined their holy diaries read like a wonderful story that begins with the lives of St. Anne and St. Joachim, Mary’s parents, and continues through the death and Assumption of the Blessed Mother.

The picture this story pai
Kristine
Dec 13, 2015 Kristine rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian
Your heart will burst with so much love for Jesus and Mary after reading this.
Bernie
Oct 10, 2009 Bernie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone wanting to know about Jesus and Mary
Shelves: virgin-mary
Quite an interesting concept the author Raphael Brown did in bringing together four nuns special meditations about the life of Mother Mary, into a format of a novel. It brings the reader on the journey, which brings out the miracle of Jesus through the eyes of Mary, his mother. Many know about the conception of Our Lord, but the birth in scripture does not go into details, but this book shares about the miracle birth and the deep love Mary had for her son Jesus, the Lamb of God.

Can you imagine h
Linda
Mar 21, 2010 Linda rated it liked it
Reads like a novel. Explains the life of Mary after she is chosen to be the mother of God. The Author adds explanations that take away the mystery of the biblical documentation of Mary. Especially intriguing is the accounting of the Passion of Jesus as Mary his mother walks through this with him. Mary I believe was also a mystic. What a hope filled book indicating what a daily relationship we can have with God. Mary's prayer life is expounded on by the author. This book settles my feelings abou ...more
Dinah
Mar 26, 2013 Dinah added it
want to read this again
Jud Ergle
Jul 27, 2012 Jud Ergle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: catholic
This book should be read by all!
Sara J.
Aug 07, 2013 Sara J. rated it really liked it
If you have read other revelations before it may seem a bit all over the place but it does provide you with some jumping off points to all the various revelations you can seek out to read more in detail.
Joey Sagel
Jun 28, 2013 Joey Sagel rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed the book. One of the more inspiring spiritual reads I've come across in a while. Very touching to hear the descriptions of the love of the holy family and wonderful meditation on the relationship between Jesus and his mother.
Susan Eberhardt
Apr 01, 2013 Susan Eberhardt rated it it was amazing
Shelves: religion
Amazing. Would be excellent to reread chapters during Advent and Lent.
Jessica Gallegos
May 12, 2015 Jessica Gallegos rated it it was amazing
Fantastic. Beautifully written and takes the reader on a mystical journey of Our Mother's life. I'm Thankful to have read it.
Jeanie Mccarthy Pityinger
May 12, 2015 Jeanie Mccarthy Pityinger rated it it was amazing
Wow, I loved this book - my Blessed Mother Mary shed so much light through the revelations and visions and messages she gave to the various Saints & Blesseds on her childhood, the lives of Sts. Anne & Joachim, on St. Joseph's life, the Incarnation, her marriage to St. Joseph and their lives together, on Jesus and the hidden years, etc. It only strengthened my love and devotion for Her, my Lord Jesus Christ and St. Joseph
Michelle Rogers
Dec 29, 2015 Michelle Rogers rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It read easily like a novel of Mary's life while at the same time elaborated on her life as seen by 4 Mystics. I believe having read this book will help me in meditating on the Mysteries of the Rosary as it brought detail into how events of the New Testament would have been experienced by Mary.
Sherry
Jul 26, 2014 Sherry rated it liked it
I thought it was sophomoric. It was written like a child's bedtime storybook. I expected it to be more thought provoking. It was required reading as a prerequisite to a study on Mary that begins next month. It will be interesting to hear the others opinions. I would rate it like a novel, not a study guide.
Mary K.
Jan 08, 2017 Mary K. rated it really liked it
I liked it so much began again. Very contemplative. Not normal reading.
Bernadette Mcclain
Dec 08, 2015 Bernadette Mcclain rated it it was amazing
Simply amazing. This book has brought me closer than ever to Mary. I will ponder these mysteries for quite some time!
Melissa Michelle
Dec 27, 2016 Melissa Michelle rated it it was amazing
It was an incredible moving read. Definitely helped me understand the mysteries of the Rosary and my faith more.
Nana
Nov 01, 2013 Nana rated it did not like it
Parish book club

Joyous details
Hans Ademil
Hans Ademil rated it it was amazing
Dec 08, 2013
Glenda Cordero
Glenda Cordero rated it it was amazing
Jan 04, 2016
Kayla Wood
Kayla Wood rated it liked it
Mar 29, 2016
Kathy
Kathy rated it it was amazing
Oct 28, 2012
Alexa
Alexa rated it liked it
Dec 23, 2016
A. Dewitt
A. Dewitt rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2010
Jmfn
Jmfn rated it it was amazing
Jun 02, 2015
Mike MacCarthy
Mike MacCarthy rated it it was amazing
Oct 04, 2015
SANDRA AUSTIN
SANDRA AUSTIN rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2014
Jessica Poelma
Jessica Poelma rated it really liked it
Mar 11, 2013
Sarah Marie
Sarah Marie rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2015
Sarah Laundy
Sarah Laundy rated it liked it
Mar 27, 2014
Anabelle
Anabelle rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • The Glories of Mary
  • The Ascent of Mount Carmel
  • 33 Days to Merciful Love: A Do-It-Yourself Retreat in Preparation for Divine Mercy Consecration
  • The Golden Legend: Readings on the Saints, Volume I
  • Selected Works
  • The Geometry of Love: Space, Time, Mystery, and Meaning in an Ordinary Church
  • Lives of The Saints: For Everyday in the Year
  • The Dolorous Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ: From the Visions of Anne Catherine Emmerich
  • Autobiography of Madame Guyon
  • The Song of Bernadette
  • Saint Joan of Arc
  • The Complete Works of Saint Augustine: The Confessions, On Grace and Free Will, The City of God, On Christian Doctrine, Expositions on the Book Of Psalms, ... (50 Books With Active Table of Contents)
  • Following Gandalf: Epic Battles and Moral Victory in the Lord of the Rings