Start by marking “Om Chanting and Meditation” as Want to Read:
Om Chanting and Meditation

Om Chanting and Meditation

4.61  ·  Rating Details  ·  232 Ratings  ·  75 Reviews
The book provides some powerful Om chanting and meditation techniques to bring balance health and harmony in life. In Eastern religions, Om (AUM) is considered as the most sacred mantra. Om is the mantra of integration; integration of individual with the Whole. Om is the mantra of harmony and celebration. Om is the mantra to access the Supreme Divinity residing within us. ...more
Kindle Edition
Published June 29th 2010 by Inner Light Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Om Chanting and Meditation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Om Chanting and Meditation

The Alchemist by Paulo CoelhoThe Power of Now by Eckhart TolleOm Chanting and Meditation by Amit RayA New Earth by Eckhart TolleSiddhartha by Hermann Hesse
Best Spiritual Books
3rd out of 736 books — 780 voters
The God of Small Things by Arundhati RoyA Fine Balance by Rohinton MistryThe White Tiger by Aravind AdigaMidnight's Children by Salman RushdieThe Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri
Best Indian Books
28th out of 683 books — 2,109 voters

More lists with this book...

Angela Powell
Dec 16, 2012 Angela Powell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, meditation
I am so pleased to have found this book. The spirit of the book is extraordinary. I feel, this book is a great gift of God to me. I believe that Dr. Ray has the unique talent for offering teaching which is simple yet profound, supremely practical and yet deeply spiritual.

The eternal flame of Self is located in our spiritual heart. Om meditation and remembering is the path to reach that eternal flame. The experience of the divine self is so powerful that the experiencer feel one with the absolut
Sangita Takhur
Nov 01, 2011 Sangita Takhur rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful and very helpful book on Meditation. I liked this book. It is easy to read and easy to practice. This is the kind of meditation book that you need to read again and again from time to time.
Anyone can be peaceful and happy for an instant, staying mindful on the eternal sound of AUM. As you meditate on om your consciousness will automatically go to much higher level, instantly. Highly recommended for daily meditation.
Janifer
Dec 10, 2011 Janifer rated it it was amazing
This book contains some of the powerful wisdom. I am profoundly touched and influenced by the messages of the book.

This is a universe of vibration. The teachings of Om, essentially, are focused on helping us to return, in all respects, to the Source from which all things are originated.

Om chanting or Om meditation is not a mechanical chanting of the word Om. It is more about feeling. This book is about that. It is much more subtle. I urge you to simply carry this book with you for a few weeks.
Steven Robison
Apr 29, 2012 Steven Robison rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing book. I am from different culture, different traditions and different background. I have nothing to do with mantra chanting or mantra meditation. I do not know exactly why I purchased the book. But now I realized rather the book has selected me. After reading few chapters I left the book as it is. One fine morning, it was around 4:30 AM two lines of the book started deeply reverberating in my mind. I was in a half sleep and half awakening state. Suddenly, I started feeling dee ...more
Annie Hill
Sep 19, 2011 Annie Hill rated it it was amazing
In this book, Amit Ray teaches us the importance of sound in meditation. I passed this book to dozens of my music students. This book is really great. The simple use of the Om sound without much of philosophy is very easy to practice in our Western society. Law of attraction mixed with letting go, present moment awareness are inbuilt in AUM meditation. Especially when I am stuck or upset Om chanting works like a medicine

The important aspect of the book is that it is not related to any specific s
Niki
Feb 11, 2013 Niki rated it it was amazing
This book is not in a genre that I often read. Generally, when I read out of my genre it is an uncomfortable experience. But this book is different. It's difficult from a western point of view to really appreciate an eastern point of view. But I've applied one or two meditation practices to my life and they've worked beautifully.

Conceptually, Om is very simple, but in reality it is the subtlest thing of the Universe. Intellect alone can never understand it. But through deep meditation one can r
Van Derveen
Nov 16, 2011 Van Derveen rated it it was amazing
The healing power of Om mantra is well known for centuries but the development of subtle feeling for Om and the exact method of chanting is very important. This is a very good book for that. It is a good manual for Om mantra Chanting and AUM meditation.
It is generally set up to provide specific daily practices and meditations. I enjoyed the chapters on the basic Om Chanting and practicing meditations. I think anyone could find useful if they're interested in mantra chanting.
Prakash
Feb 23, 2013 Prakash rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Einstein said "The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." Om meditation is the best way to penetrate the logical mind and cultivate the intuitive mind. This book provides the foods and fuels to ignite the intuitive mind.
Varsha Lal
Almost from my childhood I am accustomed to Om. Earlier, it hardly penetrated my consciousness. I listened to it on every occasion, but unnoticed. Normally, at the beginning of any mantra Om is added. I was thinking I know everything about Om. But after reading this book slowly my understanding changed. Last few months I am doing Om meditation and now I realize it’s depth. Om increased the levels of my awareness and with higher level of awareness I get more clarity of mind and now, I can make wi ...more
Steven Robison
Radhika Mehra
Jul 06, 2016 Radhika Mehra rated it it was amazing
Every atom of my body is rejuvenated by Om chanting. My body is part of my incarnation. This book taught me to respect every atom of my body and the soul. Om meditation feed every corner of my life. Earlier there was no light. I was moving almost unconscious. Now, I understand my feelings and my passions because they whispers to me through my feelings. There is no more storm. Life is pure celebration. Om chanting enhanced my inner strength substantially. Thanks and my pranam to the great master ...more
Steve Brown
Jun 21, 2012 Steve Brown rated it it was amazing
This book was recommended by a dear friend since I was eager to learn more about the topic and develop my meditation practice. I just finished this book and I read it over the course of eight days. The book is absolutely beautiful and stimulating. The book is small but one of the most powerful book on meditation. I enjoyed it and loved it. The book has so many deep insights crammed into each page, the review could be as long as the book itself.
The book introduce Om in a gradual way with the deep
Kevin
Aug 07, 2012 Kevin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: meditation
I picked up this book last month, because I was looking for the deeper meaning of the word Om. The book is very straight forward. I'm a slow a reader. I'm in the middle of reading this. For me, this is a milestone book. Probably this is the best book on mantra meditation out there. I learned the relaxing OM meditation tactics from this book. From the book I learnt that the words "OM" and "Amen" are related. Amit Ray's simplistic words guide the reader to the realization of our deep connection wi ...more
Dorothy Coleman
Sometimes to go deeper we must silence the negative thoughts of our minds…this book showed me the way… The Om meditation techniques are very simple. This book has given me tools of Om to control my own thoughts and thought process, to put my energy to use for Good, and to make my passions work for me, instead of letting my thoughts, feelings, and FEAR get in the way of achieving my goals. I like Om meditation.
Christy
Jan 27, 2014 Christy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read many books on Meditation and Buddhism by different authors. Here, Dr. Ray has written about Om meditation so eloquently and simplistically! From the first few pages I knew that he would become one of my favorite authors because he doesn't try to fill my head with nonsense, but instead encourages us by introducing new ways of thinking and being more open minded. I am very happy to discovered this book.
Audrey Cornish
Nov 12, 2015 Audrey Cornish rated it it was amazing
This book removed my walls and make me awake. Om meditation reveal many layers of myself. People think meditation will solve all problems and fulfill all desires. But a true meditation will remove all that holding you back so you can go ahead and change your life. Daily Om meditation tear apart my ego a little bit, showed me my obstacles and addictions. It has given a new light and transform my life.
Karen Green
Jul 11, 2015 Karen Green rated it it was amazing
Shelves: meditation
As such I do very little yoga. I am too busy with my daily activities. My mom suggested me to read this book. Now I am doing daily 5 minutes Om chanting. I am feeling the benefits of it. It has increased my focus, courage, and clarity of mind. Now, I too feel compassionate towards other. Nice book. Easy to read.
Fiona Kelly
Mar 07, 2016 Fiona Kelly rated it it was amazing
This simple book helped me to listen the inner whispering of God. To me Om is my inner voice. It is not associated with anything. The book helped me to recognize the presence of an loving energy inside me—which is available to me always. Now, I begin listening Inner OM, at the start of my day —at the start of my work. I am noticing many new openings in my life. Thanks!
Julian Nicola
May 07, 2014 Julian Nicola rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: meditation
Dr. Amit Ray has done a superb job of elucidating this core teaching of Om meditation. His clarity of style, observations, and depth of analysis opens many new doors of understanding. I learned a lot from this wonderful book and highly recommend it to both experienced meditators and those just beginning to explore the path.
Patrica
Oct 13, 2012 Patrica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book helped me to learn the techniques for listening the whispers of my heart, the whispers of my blood, and the whispers of my cells. Now for truth I don't need to search for books or persons. Om is happening in my heart. The melody of “Om” is so silent, so beautiful that I am totally engrossed in it.
All religions have over all the years have preached a man “Know thyself, you will find God”, “look within yourself u will find all the answers”, these words are so common but how? For me this
Sangita Takhur
Molly
Dec 02, 2015 Molly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: meditation, religion
Excellent book for daily simple meditation. 10 minutes yoga with five minutes Om meditation and five minutes prayer worked very nicely for me. Thanks to Dr. Ray.
Walker
Jun 25, 2013 Walker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: meditation
To me Om is the formless, intelligent but passionate healer of my soul. Last few months I was depressed and I lost my connection with the Divine. But this book silently helped me to regain my spirit. I got back my hopes for the future and my dreams are coming true. I am achieving my goals. I got back my passion, creativity, intuition and connection with the Divine. Love is overflowing in me.
Rabi Murti
Feb 23, 2011 Rabi Murti rated it it was amazing
The author Amit Ray decodes for the first time the true hidden meaning of the Divine sound AUM. The internal alchemy of Om is explained nicely in the book. The information in this book is very valuable and should not be over looked.

This book is a good primer to the westerners for learning Om Meditation. I enjoyed the book throughly.
Jhonemoore
Mar 07, 2011 Jhonemoore rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked the book. This is about healing effects of Om chanting on the body and the mind. As you practise, a long-lasting sense of well-being manifests in your life. You will notice a sense of joyfulness entering your life along with an ability to appreciate the many gifts that surround you.
Sarah Rees
Mar 22, 2012 Sarah Rees rated it it was amazing
Although I rarely do yoga but I love Om. As such I do not chant any mantra. But I love to read about Om. It is about the mysteries phenomenon of our existence. I liked the book. More than the practices I liked the exploration in the journey to the inner meanings of Om.
Dalerickee Rickee
Nov 12, 2010 Dalerickee Rickee rated it it was amazing
The author, Amit Ray, is wonderful in his elaborations of the Om Chanting and Meditations steps. The book is very easy to read, very helpful and a kind of manual for daily meditation. I enjoyed reading it and using what I learned in it.
Dalerickee Rickee
Victor Engale
Sep 04, 2011 Victor Engale rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really got a lot out of this book. Meditation is now easy for me. He deals with some powerful but simple ways to do meditations. This book is one of my favorite spiritual and self-development tomes.
Deborah
Apr 01, 2015 Deborah rated it it was amazing
Shelves: meditation
Reading this for the 3rd time. Just love this book. Highly influential for me, provides along the way countless gems of wisdom and true spirits of understanding the fabrics of life.
  • Awakening Inner Guru
  • Divine by Nature: Spiritual Messages from the Planet's Natural Elements
  • Sons of Gods -- Mahabharata
  • Gazing Into the Eternal: Reflections Upon a Deeper Purpose to Living
  • The Jesus Sutras: Rediscovering the Lost Scrolls of Taoist Christianity
  • Many Many Many Gods of Hinduism: Turning Believers Into Non-Believers and Non-Believers Into Believers
  • Stepping Out of Self-Deception: The Buddha's Liberating Teaching of No-Self
  • Kali: The Black Goddess of Dakshineswar
  • A Guide to the Present Moment
  • Teach Yourself Sanskrit
  • Buddha: His Life and Teachings and Impact on Humanity
  • Yoga: Discipline of Freedom: The Yoga Sutra Attributed to Patanjali
  • How the World Is Made: The Story of Creation according to Sacred Geometry
  • A Practical Guide to Buddhist Meditation
Amit Ray is an enlightened spiritual master in the Himalayan Yoga and Vipassana tradition. He began sharing his experiences after a series of transformative spiritual awakening.
In his Himalayan Centre at Uttarkashi, he lives a life dedicated to meditation and yoga. He is author of several books on meditation and other spiritual topics. He learnt yoga and meditation from the masters of the ancient
More about Amit Ray...

“If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” 552 likes
“Om is not just a sound or vibration. It is not just a symbol. It is the entire cosmos, whatever we can see, touch, hear and feel. Moreover, it is all that is within our perception and all that is beyond our perception. It is the core of our very existence. If you think of Om only as a sound, a technique or a symbol of the Divine, you will miss it altogether. Om is the mysterious cosmic energy that is the substratum of all the things and all the beings of the entire universe. It is an eternal song of the Divine. It is continuously resounding in silence on the background of everything that exists.” 147 likes