Start by marking “Om Chanting and Meditation” as Want to Read:
Om Chanting and Meditation

Om Chanting and Meditation

4.75 of 5 stars 4.75  ·  rating details  ·  118 ratings  ·  38 reviews
The book provides some powerful Om chanting and meditation techniques to bring balance health and harmony in life. In Eastern religions, Om (AUM) is considered as the most sacred mantra. Om is the mantra of integration; integration of individual with the Whole. Om is the mantra of harmony and celebration. Om is the mantra to access the Supreme Divinity residing within us....more
Kindle Edition
Published June 29th 2010 by Inner Light Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Om Chanting and Meditation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Om Chanting and Meditation

The Alchemist by Paulo CoelhoOm Chanting and Meditation by Amit RayA New Earth by Eckhart TolleGazing Into the Eternal by BelsebuubThe Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle
Best Spiritual Books
2nd out of 512 books — 499 voters
The God of Small Things by Arundhati RoyA Fine Balance by Rohinton MistryThe White Tiger by Aravind AdigaMidnight's Children by Salman RushdieThe Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri
Best Indian Books
48th out of 536 books — 1,553 voters

More lists with this book...

Angela Powell
I am so pleased to have found this book. The spirit of the book is extraordinary. I feel, this book is a great gift of God to me. I believe that Dr. Ray has the unique talent for offering teaching which is simple yet profound, supremely practical and yet deeply spiritual.

The eternal flame of Self is located in our spiritual heart. Om meditation and remembering is the path to reach that eternal flame. The experience of the divine self is so powerful that the experiencer feel one with the absolut...more
Sangita Takhur
This is a wonderful and very helpful book on Meditation. I liked this book. It is easy to read and easy to practice. This is the kind of meditation book that you need to read again and again from time to time.
Anyone can be peaceful and happy for an instant, staying mindful on the eternal sound of AUM. As you meditate on om your consciousness will automatically go to much higher level, instantly. Highly recommended for daily meditation.
Annie Hill
In this book, Amit Ray teaches us the importance of sound in meditation. I passed this book to dozens of my music students. This book is really great. The simple use of the Om sound without much of philosophy is very easy to practice in our Western society. Law of attraction mixed with letting go, present moment awareness are inbuilt in AUM meditation. Especially when I am stuck or upset Om chanting works like a medicine

The important aspect of the book is that it is not related to any specific s...more
Janifer
This book contains some of the powerful wisdom. I am profoundly touched and influenced by the messages of the book.

This is a universe of vibration. The teachings of Om, essentially, are focused on helping us to return, in all respects, to the Source from which all things are originated.

Om chanting or Om meditation is not a mechanical chanting of the word Om. It is more about feeling. This book is about that. It is much more subtle. I urge you to simply carry this book with you for a few weeks....more
Steven Robison
This is an amazing book. I am from different culture, different traditions and different background. I have nothing to do with mantra chanting or mantra meditation. I do not know exactly why I purchased the book. But now I realized rather the book has selected me. After reading few chapters I left the book as it is. One fine morning, it was around 4:30 AM two lines of the book started deeply reverberating in my mind. I was in a half sleep and half awakening state. Suddenly, I started feeling dee...more
Van Derveen
The healing power of Om mantra is well known for centuries but the development of subtle feeling for Om and the exact method of chanting is very important. This is a very good book for that. It is a good manual for Om mantra Chanting and AUM meditation.
It is generally set up to provide specific daily practices and meditations. I enjoyed the chapters on the basic Om Chanting and practicing meditations. I think anyone could find useful if they're interested in mantra chanting.
Niki
This book is not in a genre that I often read. Generally, when I read out of my genre it is an uncomfortable experience. But this book is different. It's difficult from a western point of view to really appreciate an eastern point of view. But I've applied one or two meditation practices to my life and they've worked beautifully.

Conceptually, Om is very simple, but in reality it is the subtlest thing of the Universe. Intellect alone can never understand it. But through deep meditation one can r...more
Steve Brown
This book was recommended by a dear friend since I was eager to learn more about the topic and develop my meditation practice. I just finished this book and I read it over the course of eight days. The book is absolutely beautiful and stimulating. The book is small but one of the most powerful book on meditation. I enjoyed it and loved it. The book has so many deep insights crammed into each page, the review could be as long as the book itself.
The book introduce Om in a gradual way with the deep...more
Kevin
I picked up this book last month, because I was looking for the deeper meaning of the word Om. The book is very straight forward. I'm a slow a reader. I'm in the middle of reading this. For me, this is a milestone book. Probably this is the best book on mantra meditation out there. I learned the relaxing OM meditation tactics from this book. From the book I learnt that the words "OM" and "Amen" are related. Amit Ray's simplistic words guide the reader to the realization of our deep connection wi...more
Prakash
Einstein said "The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift." Om meditation is the best way to penetrate the logical mind and cultivate the intuitive mind. This book provides the foods and fuels to ignite the intuitive mind.
Steven Robison
Julian Nicola
Dr. Amit Ray has done a superb job of elucidating this core teaching of Om meditation. His clarity of style, observations, and depth of analysis opens many new doors of understanding. I learned a lot from this wonderful book and highly recommend it to both experienced meditators and those just beginning to explore the path.
Patrica
The book helped me to learn the techniques for listening the whispers of my heart, the whispers of my blood, and the whispers of my cells. Now for truth I don't need to search for books or persons. Om is happening in my heart. The melody of “Om” is so silent, so beautiful that I am totally engrossed in it.
All religions have over all the years have preached a man “Know thyself, you will find God”, “look within yourself u will find all the answers”, these words are so common but how? For me this...more
Sangita Takhur
Christy
I have read many books on Meditation and Buddhism by different authors. Here, Dr. Ray has written about Om meditation so eloquently and simplistically! From the first few pages I knew that he would become one of my favorite authors because he doesn't try to fill my head with nonsense, but instead encourages us by introducing new ways of thinking and being more open minded. I am very happy to discovered this book.
Walker
To me Om is the formless, intelligent but passionate healer of my soul. Last few months I was depressed and I lost my connection with the Divine. But this book silently helped me to regain my spirit. I got back my hopes for the future and my dreams are coming true. I am achieving my goals. I got back my passion, creativity, intuition and connection with the Divine. Love is overflowing in me.
Rabi Murti
The author Amit Ray decodes for the first time the true hidden meaning of the Divine sound AUM. The internal alchemy of Om is explained nicely in the book. The information in this book is very valuable and should not be over looked.

This book is a good primer to the westerners for learning Om Meditation. I enjoyed the book throughly.
Jhonemoore
I liked the book. This is about healing effects of Om chanting on the body and the mind. As you practise, a long-lasting sense of well-being manifests in your life. You will notice a sense of joyfulness entering your life along with an ability to appreciate the many gifts that surround you.
Sarah Rees
Although I rarely do yoga but I love Om. As such I do not chant any mantra. But I love to read about Om. It is about the mysteries phenomenon of our existence. I liked the book. More than the practices I liked the exploration in the journey to the inner meanings of Om.
Dalerickee Rickee
The author, Amit Ray, is wonderful in his elaborations of the Om Chanting and Meditations steps. The book is very easy to read, very helpful and a kind of manual for daily meditation. I enjoyed reading it and using what I learned in it.
Victor Engale
I really got a lot out of this book. Meditation is now easy for me. He deals with some powerful but simple ways to do meditations. This book is one of my favorite spiritual and self-development tomes.
Lisa Campbell
What I liked most of all is that the author gives the reader an understanding of what each part is for and what it is supposed to help you discover for yourself the wisdom of Om. This book is very practical, clear and simple.
Annie Hill

Patrica
Kevin
Donna Witkin
Mantra chanting is having wonderful benefits for both body and mind. Om chanting is considered as the best of all mantra chanting. This book is well and worth reading. Amit Ray also explained several meditation techniques to utilize the power of the energy sound. I enjoyed reading it and using what I learned in it. A nice "daily meditation" book.
Rabi Murti

Tracey
Everyday I do 20 minutes yoga for body fitness and weight-loss. Now, I am doing Om chanting for 5 minutes in the morning. It gives me lot of freshness and clarity of mind. I'm in love with this book. This is a great book. It helps me a lot to eliminate my emotional and subconscious challenges.
Sarah Rees
Dalerickee Rickee
  • Gazing Into the Eternal: Reflections Upon a Deeper Purpose to Living
  • A Guide to the Present Moment
  • The Mahabharata: A Shortened Modern Prose Version of the Indian Epic
  • Living Your Yoga: Finding the Spiritual in Everyday Life
  • Sivananda Companion to Yoga
  • Zen Wrapped in Karma Dipped in Chocolate: A Trip Through Death, Sex, Divorce, and Spiritual Celebrity in Search of the True Dharma
  • The Long Road Turns to Joy: A Guide to Walking Meditation
  • The Myth of Freedom and the Way of Meditation
  • The Thirteenth Tribe: The Khazar Empire and its Heritage
  • The Heart of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice
  • No Time to Lose: A Timely Guide to the Way of the Bodhisattva
  • Ajaya: Roll of the Dice (Epic of the Kaurava clan, #1)
  • Conscious Dreaming: A Spiritual Path for Everyday Life
  • Lame Deer, Seeker of Visions
Amit Ray is an enlightened spiritual master in the Himalayan Yoga and Vipassana tradition. He began sharing his experiences after a series of transformative spiritual awakening.
In his Himalayan Centre at Uttarkashi, he lives a life dedicated to meditation and yoga. He is author of several books on meditation and other spiritual topics. He learnt yoga and meditation from the masters of the ancient...more
More about Amit Ray...
Yoga and Vipassana: An Integrated Life Style World Peace: The Voice of a Mountain Bird OM Sutra: The Pathway to Enlightenment Nonviolence: The Transforming Power Negotiating the Modern: Orientalism and Indianness in the Anglophone World

“If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” 267 likes
“Om is not just a sound or vibration. It is not just a symbol. It is the entire cosmos, whatever we can see, touch, hear and feel. Moreover, it is all that is within our perception and all that is beyond our perception. It is the core of our very existence. If you think of Om only as a sound, a technique or a symbol of the Divine, you will miss it altogether. Om is the mysterious cosmic energy that is the substratum of all the things and all the beings of the entire universe. It is an eternal song of the Divine. It is continuously resounding in silence on the background of everything that exists.” 82 likes