Start by marking “Body Mind Mastery” as Want to Read:
Body Mind Mastery

Body Mind Mastery

4.02 of 5 stars 4.02  ·  rating details  ·  237 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Now revised and available on audiobook: the classic guide to achieving peak performance by applying Eastern philosophies to Western concepts of well-being and sports training.
ebook
Published February 1st 2010 by New World Library (first published March 25th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Body Mind Mastery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Body Mind Mastery

Owen Sandercox
Drawing from ancient tradition and wisdom, martial arts, and many other tracts, Dan Millman shares a lifetimes' worth of insight and advice in this book. It is a must-read for anyone interested in not only physical training but also training of the self. Millman underscores an important notion that your typical self-improvement/sports psychology book might not get at in its greatest scope--that the mind and body are interlinked and that training one goes hand-in-hand with training the other. And ...more
Collin
Body Mind Mastery: Creating Success in Sport and Life was an amazing book. It gave me insight on what it takes to be an accomplished athlete. From the physical challenges and preparations to what it takes mentally and emotionally. Dan Millman is an x athlete that knows what it takes to be great at something. He tells us about his experiences and how we can relate to them. This book gives excellent detail on how you have to train your body and mind in order to become successful in sport life.

This
John Boettcher
One of the better sports psychology books I have read. This guy comes from a completely different perspective altogether. His methods and techniques are both down to earth and applicable.

Sometimes the answers seem so simple they are intuitive, but yet, reading them and all the information he puts together in one place makes the entire process of succeeding in sports and then how that success translates directly to your life outside of sports is fantastic.

There is a part in the book that goes a
Dvir Oren
A book about a few fundementals. Dan writes beautifully yet his concepts weren't new to me, they bear repeating

body mind mastery
accept failure and that it will happen. Just keep practicing
relax and focus on action, no matter what your emotions are
It's better to do few minutes a day than 2 hours once a week
Karen Schneekluth
This book was required reading by my coach. Initially I was resistant to reading it but I am soooo glad I did. Good read for athletes and the principles can be applied to every day life as well. As it turns out, Coach was right (again).
Ayoub Kallel
Interesting read with a few golden nuggets here and there.
Waseem
I listened to the audi version of thos book and actually found it really fun and a good read, a great reminder of how success in linked between the mind and body, the author really digs deep into the theory and something ive been noticing in my own life recently - although its says 'success in sport' the truth is this can be applied to anything from financial goals, business goals and more

Waseem Mirza
Peter

Train for life.
A master isPracticing everything.

BODY MIND MASTERY

Part 1 understand the larger game.

Principle 1 -> Non resistance

Principle 2 accommodation

Principle 3 Balance . The goldie locks principle.

Principle 4 natural order
Allt tar sin tid
Avel
If you are at all interested in gaining that mental edge, whether in sports or daily life this book is for you! "Millman's work combines the best of the human potential movement with the practical tools needed to reach that goal. This work is as much about mastering life as it is about the game itself.
Angela Alfonso
Anca Petre
One of the greatest books I have ever read. Powerful insights about body mind masters and flow of life. Definitely a great gift for someone interested in sports, meditation and life.
Cherie
C+ Eh. I wasn't AS into this…some good info on how to be a warrior athlete, but some stuff geared towards kids, towards exercises I won't do…and at times, a little tedious.
Dawne
Much more clearly written than The Way of the Peaceful Warrior. Very good advice on getting your body and mind to work together to achieve your goals.
Joanie
A friend gave this to me after I described my typical nervousness prior to competitive sporting events. Has some interesting principles so far.
Emily Lueck
What a wonderful look at the approach to practice. I know that if I apply this to my dancing I will create more organic movement.
Terry Manucci
I will refer to this book over and over again for inspiration and practical motivation. Dan Millman, always keeping it real!
Mark Yoshida
Has some practical tips on being the best physical you that you can be, although I haven't tried them yet.
Amanda
Lots of great stuff in this book, I found it very interesting, helpful..
Rachael
Lots of great quotes in this book. Really amps you up to do your best everyday!
Eric Chung
this book just may change my life.
Sydney
Read for research.
Julie Wright
Julie Wright marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2015
Annette Enderlin
Annette Enderlin marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Brenda
Brenda marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2015
John Kay
John Kay marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Stefanie Whitmore
Stefanie Whitmore marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
Hannah
Hannah is currently reading it
Jun 27, 2015
Erika W.
Erika W. marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2015
Jesse
Jesse marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
  • In Pursuit of Excellence: How to Win in Sport and Life Through Mental Training
  • The Bates Method for Better Eyesight without Glasses
  • Ecstasy: Understanding the Psychology of Joy
  • Indigo Adults: Understanding Who You Are and What You Can Become
  • Overachievement: The New Science of Working Less to Accomplish More
  • A Year to Live: How to Live This Year as If It Were Your Last
  • The Different Drum: Community Making and Peace
  • Thresholds of the Mind
  • Harmonic Wealth: The Secret of Attracting the Life You Want
  • The Sedona Method: Your Key to Lasting Happiness, Success, Peace and Emotional Well-being
  • Limitless Mind: A Guide to Remote Viewing and Transformation of Consciousness
  • The Pursuit of Perfect: How to Stop Chasing Perfection and Start Living a Richer, Happier Life
  • Pathways to Bliss: Mythology and Personal Transformation
  • Healing Lyme: Natural Prevention and Treatment of Lyme Borreliosis and Its Coinfections
  • Infinite Self: 33 Steps to Reclaiming Your Inner Power
  • Healing the Soul in the Age of the Brain: Becoming Conscious in an Unconcscious World
  • The Source Field Investigations: The Hidden Science and Lost Civilizations Behind the 2012 Prophecies
  • Dark Nights of the Soul: A Guide to Finding Your Way Through Life's Ordeals
Dan Millman is a former world champion athlete, university coach, martial arts instructor, and college professor.

After an intensive, twenty-year spiritual quest, Dan's teaching found its form as the Peaceful Warrior's Way, expressed fully in his books and lectures. His work continues to evolve over time, to meet the needs of a changing world.

--from the author's website
More about Dan Millman...
Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book That Changes Lives Sacred Journey of the Peaceful Warrior The Journeys of Socrates (Peaceful Warrior Saga) The Life You Were Born to Live: A Guide to Finding Your Life Purpose No Ordinary Moments: A Peaceful Warrior's Guide to Daily Life