Start by marking “Fight Global Warming Now: The Handbook for Taking Action in Your Community” as Want to Read:
Fight Global Warming Now: The Handbook for Taking Action in Your Community

Fight Global Warming Now: The Handbook for Taking Action in Your Community

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Bestselling author Bill McKibben turns activist in the first hands-on guidebook to stopping climate change, the world's greatest threat

Hurricane Katrina. A rapidly disappearing Arctic. The warmest winter on the East Coast in recorded history. The leading scientist at NASA warns that we have only ten years to reverse climate change; the British government's report on global
Published October 16th 2007 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Fight Global Warming Now, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fight Global Warming Now

Lauren
This book will provide activists fighting for any cause with a good frame of reference for how to be creative in their actions.
Ime'... Imelda
The day when I opened the book, I was quite excited, thought that I could really learn about climate change. What I meant by learning climate change, I really meant learning. But it turned out that this book is actually more dedicated to the campaign actions about climate change.

This book presents the way we could encourage people to do something to postpone the effect of global warming. They present methods, medium and how to really work on it.

I wasn’t really interested in it anymore about quar
Leigh
A practical guide to community organizing to fight global warming. Gives practical examples of how to get the word out and get people to participate. Written by the grassroots organizers of Step It Up, a nationwide day of rallies that was organized in less than a year. This book will make you want to get up and get everyone you know to do something.
Green4u
lynna
a great guide to organizing around global warming issues. it's nice not to have to reinvent the wheel, but rather borrow other peoples' wheel. i wish i could have finished it, but i couldn't because one of my irresponsible interns stole it from me :[
Caroline
Amazing book; very well put together; super easy to read; super powerful! Thanks to Will for leaving it behind with us as we start to take action and mobilize our community -- India! ;)
Jason
Nov 27, 2007 Jason rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: activists
It's a good book to get people started with organizing against global warming. It provides great resources some which I've used for a while now.
Andy
Jan 11, 2010 Andy is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
just on the first few chapters of the book. very interesting... found some ideas already... the big question is how to put them into actions...
Christøpher Es
Idk, required reading for the dumbest science class ever.
Jeanne
Jeanne marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Don
Don marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Michael
Michael marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Brandy
Brandy marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Cory
Cory marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Iva Orr
Iva Orr marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
Lynnae
Lynnae marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Erin Whittier
Erin Whittier marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Jim
Jim marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Josh Tegart
Josh Tegart marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Fadillah
Fadillah marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Bill McKibben is the author of Eaarth, The End of Nature, Deep Economy, Enough, Fight Global Warming Now, The Bill McKibben Reader, and numerous other books. He is the founder of the environmental organizations Step It Up and 350.org, and was among the first to warn of the dangers of global warming. In 2010 The Boston Globe called him "probably the nation's leading environmentalist," and Time maga ...more
More about Bill McKibben...
Deep Economy: The Wealth of Communities and the Durable Future Eaarth: Making a Life on a Tough New Planet The End of Nature Wandering Home: A Long Walk Across America's Most Hopeful Landscape:Vermont's Champlain Valley and New York's Adirondacks (Crown Journeys) Oil and Honey: The Education of an Unlikely Activist