Start by marking “Luna, Luna: Creative Writing Ideas from Spanish, Latin American, and Latino Literature” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  7 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Book by
Published September 1st 2000 by Teachers & Writers Collaborative (first published June 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Luna, Luna, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Luna, Luna

Laura Lee
Apr 13, 2012 Laura Lee rated it really liked it
I was a little unsure of how to star rate this book because I am not its intended audience, that is creative writing teachers. For my own subjective relationship to the book, reading it as a writer not a teacher, I would give it a three star or average rating. I think, though cannot say for sure, that a teacher would get a great deal out of it and as a book on the teaching of writing, especially to students with a bilingual Spanish/English background, it would be a wonderful resource.

It made up
Deb
Mar 11, 2011 Deb rated it it was amazing
I loved the poems and stories that introduced the various exercises and the results they produced in the students.

--The part below came from the back cover of the book:

The author useds writings from famous bilingual Latino, Latin American and Spanish poets and authors to encourage students to be creative in more than one language. The results are quite interesting.

Among the contributors to this book are Julia Alvarez, Kenneth Koch, Martin Espada, Naomi Shihab Nye, Bill Zabatsky, John Oliver Simo
Corey Johnson
Corey Johnson rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2013
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Nov 21, 2014
Alice
Alice rated it liked it
Apr 09, 2015
Andréa Santos
Andréa Santos rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2011
Anna
Anna rated it really liked it
Dec 19, 2007
Heart
Heart added it
Dec 11, 2010
Catherine
Catherine marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2011
Ching-In
Ching-In marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2011
Jimfenton
Jimfenton marked it as to-read
May 24, 2012
Carla
Carla marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Ana Aguilera
Ana Aguilera marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Julian
Julian added it
Oct 22, 2015
Soarlighter
Soarlighter marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2016