Start by marking “Shake My Sillies Out” as Want to Read:
Shake My Sillies Out

Shake My Sillies Out

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  83 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Illus. in full color. "Rollicking pictures of a moonlit night in the woods of Camp Mariposa, where both animals and campers are struck by the urge to shake, clap, jump, waggle, and eventually yawn. Melody line and chords are provided at the end."--Language Arts. ...more
Published February 1990 by Crown Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Shake My Sillies Out, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shake My Sillies Out

Vivian
Next I pulled out a very old version of "The Three Sillies" by Sheila Front in 1974 which was the only one we had on hand. I showed the group several pages, showing how many words there were on the pages and regretting that there wouldn't be time to read such a l o n g story in our short half-hour together. I suggested that we could "shake our sillies out" instead.

So we all stood up and followed the prompts in this song made famous by singer Raffi.

This served as the only "wiggle break" needed t
Buxmont Uu
Jan 19, 2014 Buxmont Uu added it
Shelves: bcfl, cmmw
CMMW 5
Mandy
Just like Mother Goose rhymes or other well-known songs, why not encourage one-to-one print matching and develop a confidence for reading and singing along with the text!

Watch out for those so-called fierce forest animals; they can get pretty silly!
Lauren
The animals in the forest are having trouble falling asleep because they have so many sillies. The sillies are contagious when the campers get a hold of them.
Good song to use when the kids need to move around and get their sillies out.
Mommywest
I think the best part of this book is the Raffi song. My kids got a kick out of the fun pictures depicting some silly animals who can't go to sleep showing up at a summer camp.
Sharon
I'm not a Raffi fan, and we don't have any of his music. The kids love this book, even though the illustrations don't really make that much sense.
Maren Prestegaard
Maren fell in love with this song right away. Perfect for my little silly monster right now.
Cassie
My son loves this book. To me, the illustrations are a bit odd but he loves them.
Dana
Dec 26, 2014 Dana rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: kids
Yup, it's official. We are still digging the book versions of songs.
Skye
Kamri loves dancing to the song in this book.
Erin
Sep 08, 2008 Erin rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: toddler time
Shelves: childrens
makes the kiddies happy and mobile
Michelle Sebly
great for kinetic learners!
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2015
Linda Wratten
Linda Wratten marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
R.
R. added it
Nov 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Wheels on the Bus Baby Beluga Down by the Bay Five Little Ducks Spider on the Floor