Asterix and the Magic Carpet: Album #28

Asterix and the Magic Carpet: Album #28 (Astérix à volta do mundo #15)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  2,237 ratings  ·  27 reviews
hardcover, fine book, in illustrated boards as issued, as new In stock shipped from our UK warehouse
Published September 1st 2007 by Orion (first published January 1st 1987)

Jose Cepeda
Exquisite artwork, but poor plot.
Steef
The Asterix with some of the most beautiful pictures is also one of the most boring ones. Linear storyline without any real depth, like the older ones.

Obelix' stupidity and cravings for food are a bit too much for my taste. It lacks the humour it had in, say, The Soothsayer.
Bruce
Asterix the Magic Carpet – a mediocre Uderzo plot that serves as an excuse for exquisite artwork (the ancient world from above); Cacofonix is flown by magic carpet from Gaul to a parched land of the Ganges in the hopes his horrible singing will summon a delinquent monsoon.
Kiki
May 14, 2008 Kiki rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kiki by: my dad
Asterix memang nggak ada matinyeee!!
thanks to penerjemahnya yang dahsyat menginterpretasi kelucuan Asterix ke dalam local content. misalnya kata silly diterjemahkan menjadi dogol, instead of bodoh. kadar lucunya jadi naik. hehehe.
Kebayang si Assurancetourix yang biasa dicemooh bangsanya sendiri karena selalu meruntuhkan langit bin bikin gerimis mengundang di atas kepala mereka setiap kali menyanyi, kali ini malah dielu-elukan oleh bangsa India karena "kedodolannya" itu. Yah, bagaimana nggak sena...more
Linda Hall
AWESOME!!! There is nothing that comes close to Asterix - I have the whole series, both on e-books and hard-copy and they are some of most treasured possessions. I grew up with them and they are simply the best!
The Frahorus
Le mille e una notte alla maniera dei mitici Asterix e Obelix che viaggiano con il loro musicista e un fachiro indiano per i cieli di mezzo mondo! Risate e gag una dopo l'altra!
Saint No Stopping Us

Five out of ten. CBR format.

Cacofonix is a terrible bard but he does seem to influence the weather. Rain is needed in a far Eastern Kingdom, can Cacofonix help?

Emily
May 26, 2011 Emily rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who grew up reading Asterix
It's been years since I've read any Asterix and Obelix comics (I'm afraid to say that I learned quite a lot of my ancient history from these guys). I'd forgotten how Asterix (like most good cartoons) is based on such absurd plotting. I'd also forgotten that Obelix was so obsessed with food (how could I possibly have forgotten that?). What I hadn't forgotten is how chock-full of puns the books are, as well as being full of European stereotypes about every and all cultures (no one is safe. Not eve...more
Amalie
Asterix in India!!! Finally! What can I say about this other than that the appeal of the Asterix books is universal, and timeless. As a child I enjoyed the antics; as an adult I enjoy the puns and historical allusions.

I was laughing out loud reading the medical diagnosis to Cacofonix's illness, ( He has lost his voice, the moment it is needed :P) and then their treatment to it!!! Really a South Asian or an Indian will understand the pun better! For me that's the best bit.
Mathieu
Incursion indienne pour Astérix. Bof, c'est pas nul, mais c'est pas génial non plus... Manque cette touche d'humour décalé qu'on trouvait auparavant... Là, on n'a plus que les jeux de mots avec les noms propres.
L'histoire emprunte beaucoup à l'univers des milles et une nuits. Correct sans plus.
Karhum Ghassan
this book was funny actually all Asterix comics are funny but i liked this one more than the others because like at last they went to INDIA it looked nice from outside and inside but the way they make treatments for sick people is funny like what happened to Cacafonix!!!!
Lian Dewatmoko
This is very funny book. Even someone who useless in the community can still usefull in other community.

The musician had new talent that needed in India. The Gaul's artist can sing and rain will come pouring.

This is good adventure and introduce the Indian culture.
Yves
'est vraiment bien comme bande dessinée. J'ai bien aimé Obélix et son attitude boudeuse tout le long du voyage. Il passe son temps à parler de manger. De plus, j'ai bien aimé que les Romains soient écartés de l'histoire. C'est une bonne BD d'Uderzo.
♥Moon ♥Love ♥Stars ♥Imagination
I've read this series of Asterix (and Obelisk) in the 90's at my Grandmother and Grandfather's place. I loved this series back there. Asterix and his friend Obelisk shared so many great adventures together!
Lidya Widyas
Hihihi.. very funny and silly book.. I remember when caconofix (the "musician") can't sing, asterix said angrily: "when we don't want him to sing, he sings. And when we do want him sing, he can't.. lol
Eva
I hadn't read this one before. It's pretty funny with lots of puns.
Ruch
Not one of the best Asterix comics I've read for sure. However, love the illustrations... specially the view of different countries from above. Beautiful ! The puns as always are enjoyable.
Neville Ridley-smith
Been a while since I read an Asterix. This one was ok but extremely cheesy. Art of course was great.
Matt
Just finished re-reading this one for what must have been the gazillionth time. Pure joy.
9 3/4
A great comic series - a classic in Europe but unfortunately not so well known in the US.
Jacques le fataliste et son maître
Sforzato (si raschia il fondo del barile), episodico e privo di verve.
Nana Jma
astrix and his frinds are my best heros, since i was a child.
Nitya
I read this book in 7 minutes . . .
It's HILARIOUS!
Jessica J.
I love Asterix. I think it´s one of the best comics ever!
Catherine
À lire pour les noms des personnages.
Lusitarius
I liked this one alot.
Ori
seru..seru..lucu..lucu..:)
Gautam
Finally Asterix in India!!
  • Asterix and the Laurel Wreath (Asterix, #18)
Albert Uderzo is an illustrator best known for his collaborations with René Goscinny on series such as Asterix.
More about Albert Uderzo...
Asterix and the Black Gold (Asterix, #26) Asterix and the Great Divide (Asterix #25) Asterix and Son (Asterix #27) Asterix and the Secret Weapon (Asterix #29) Asterix and Obelix All at Sea (Asterix #30)