Start by marking “Asterix and the Magic Carpet” as Want to Read:
Asterix and the Magic Carpet

Asterix and the Magic Carpet (Asterix #28)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  2,515 ratings  ·  32 reviews
Cacofonix's tuneless singing always makes it rain - which is just what they want in Rajah Watzit's distant Eastern kingdom. The guru Hoodunnit has threatened to end a terrible drought by sacrificing lovely Princess Orinjade. Can the Gauls, flown in on the fakir Watziznehm's magic carpet, rescue her? The bard's finest hour has come.
Published March 21st 2002 by Asterix (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Asterix and the Magic Carpet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Asterix and the Magic Carpet

Luís Blue B.
Book bought by my aunt Elizabeth for my 13th birthday.They brought to me by France,specially for me!!
Jose Cepeda
Exquisite artwork, but poor plot.
Steef
The Asterix with some of the most beautiful pictures is also one of the most boring ones. Linear storyline without any real depth, like the older ones.

Obelix' stupidity and cravings for food are a bit too much for my taste. It lacks the humour it had in, say, The Soothsayer.
Bruce
Asterix the Magic Carpet – a mediocre Uderzo plot that serves as an excuse for exquisite artwork (the ancient world from above); Cacofonix is flown by magic carpet from Gaul to a parched land of the Ganges in the hopes his horrible singing will summon a delinquent monsoon.
Kiki
May 14, 2008 Kiki rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Kiki by: my dad
Asterix memang nggak ada matinyeee!!
thanks to penerjemahnya yang dahsyat menginterpretasi kelucuan Asterix ke dalam local content. misalnya kata silly diterjemahkan menjadi dogol, instead of bodoh. kadar lucunya jadi naik. hehehe.
Kebayang si Assurancetourix yang biasa dicemooh bangsanya sendiri karena selalu meruntuhkan langit bin bikin gerimis mengundang di atas kepala mereka setiap kali menyanyi, kali ini malah dielu-elukan oleh bangsa India karena "kedodolannya" itu. Yah, bagaimana nggak sena
Linda Hall
AWESOME!!! There is nothing that comes close to Asterix - I have the whole series, both on e-books and hard-copy and they are some of most treasured possessions. I grew up with them and they are simply the best!
The Frahorus
Le mille e una notte alla maniera dei mitici Asterix e Obelix che viaggiano con il loro musicista e un fachiro indiano per i cieli di mezzo mondo! Risate e gag una dopo l'altra!
Saint No Stopping Us

Five out of ten. CBR format.

Cacofonix is a terrible bard but he does seem to influence the weather. Rain is needed in a far Eastern Kingdom, can Cacofonix help?

Emily
May 26, 2011 Emily rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who grew up reading Asterix
It's been years since I've read any Asterix and Obelix comics (I'm afraid to say that I learned quite a lot of my ancient history from these guys). I'd forgotten how Asterix (like most good cartoons) is based on such absurd plotting. I'd also forgotten that Obelix was so obsessed with food (how could I possibly have forgotten that?). What I hadn't forgotten is how chock-full of puns the books are, as well as being full of European stereotypes about every and all cultures (no one is safe. Not eve ...more
Snufkin
A 'puntastic' story!
Amalie
Asterix in India!!! Finally! What can I say about this other than that the appeal of the Asterix books is universal, and timeless. As a child I enjoyed the antics; as an adult I enjoy the puns and historical allusions.

I was laughing out loud reading the medical diagnosis to Cacofonix's illness, ( He has lost his voice, the moment it is needed :P) and then their treatment to it!!! Really a South Asian or an Indian will understand the pun better! For me that's the best bit.
Devero
So che alcuni critici hanno espresso pareri negativi su questa storia. A me piace parecchio, sia come tematica, sia come svolgimento. I disegni di Uderzo sono belli come quasi mai in precedenza, ed è sempre un piacere rileggere quest'avventura in cui finalmente anche Assourancetourix è protagonista.
Mathieu
Incursion indienne pour Astérix. Bof, c'est pas nul, mais c'est pas génial non plus... Manque cette touche d'humour décalé qu'on trouvait auparavant... Là, on n'a plus que les jeux de mots avec les noms propres.
L'histoire emprunte beaucoup à l'univers des milles et une nuits. Correct sans plus.
Karhum Ghassan
this book was funny actually all Asterix comics are funny but i liked this one more than the others because like at last they went to INDIA it looked nice from outside and inside but the way they make treatments for sick people is funny like what happened to Cacafonix!!!!
Lian Dewatmoko
This is very funny book. Even someone who useless in the community can still usefull in other community.

The musician had new talent that needed in India. The Gaul's artist can sing and rain will come pouring.

This is good adventure and introduce the Indian culture.
Yves
'est vraiment bien comme bande dessinée. J'ai bien aimé Obélix et son attitude boudeuse tout le long du voyage. Il passe son temps à parler de manger. De plus, j'ai bien aimé que les Romains soient écartés de l'histoire. C'est une bonne BD d'Uderzo.
Fi♥ °Moon°Love°
I've read this series of Asterix (and Obelisk) in the 90's at my Grandmother and Grandfather's place. I loved this series back there. Asterix and his friend Obelisk shared so many great adventures together!
Lidya Widyas
Hihihi.. very funny and silly book.. I remember when caconofix (the "musician") can't sing, asterix said angrily: "when we don't want him to sing, he sings. And when we do want him sing, he can't.. lol
Ruch
Not one of the best Asterix comics I've read for sure. However, love the illustrations... specially the view of different countries from above. Beautiful ! The puns as always are enjoyable.
Neville Ridley-smith
Been a while since I read an Asterix. This one was ok but extremely cheesy. Art of course was great.
Matt
Just finished re-reading this one for what must have been the gazillionth time. Pure joy.
9 3/4
A great comic series - a classic in Europe but unfortunately not so well known in the US.
Jacques le fataliste et son maître
Sforzato (si raschia il fondo del barile), episodico e privo di verve.
Eva
I hadn't read this one before. It's pretty funny with lots of puns.
Nana Jma
astrix and his frinds are my best heros, since i was a child.
Nitya
I read this book in 7 minutes . . .
It's HILARIOUS!
Jessica J.
I love Asterix. I think it´s one of the best comics ever!
ClassicMaiden
I read all the Asterix books as a kid in the early 1990s...
Catherine
À lire pour les noms des personnages.
Lusitarius
I liked this one alot.
  • Asterix and the Laurel Wreath (Asterix, #18)
Albert Uderzo is an illustrator best known for his collaborations with René Goscinny on series such as Asterix.
More about Albert Uderzo...

Asterix (1 - 10 of 35 books)
  • Asterix the Gaul (Asterix, #1)
  • Asterix and the Golden Sickle (Asterix, #2)
  • Asterix and the Goths (Asterix, #3)
  • Asterix the Gladiator (Asterix, #4)
  • Asterix and the Banquet (Asterix, #5)
  • Asterix and Cleopatra (Asterix, #6)
  • Asterix and the Big Fight (Asterix, #7)
  • Asterix in Britain (Asterix, #8)
  • Asterix and the Normans (Asterix, #9)
  • Asterix the Legionary (Asterix, #10)
Asterix and the Black Gold (Asterix, #26) Asterix and the Great Divide (Asterix #25) Asterix and Son (Asterix #27) Asterix and the Secret Weapon (Asterix #29) Asterix and Obelix All at Sea (Asterix #30)