Rachael Ray's 30-Minute Get Real Meals: Eat Healthy Without Going to Extremes

Rachael Ray's 30-Minute Get Real Meals: Eat Healthy Without Going to Extremes

3.39 of 5 stars 3.39  ·  rating details  ·  590 ratings  ·  16 reviews
No pasta? No dessert? No way! Everything in moderation, says Rachael Ray. After all, some days only chocolate or spaghetti will hit the spot.

In Rachael Ray’s 30-Minute Get Real Meals, the bestselling cookbook author and Food Network star serves up another helping of creative, hassle-free recipes that are ready to rock your tastebuds in less than thirty minutes. The latest...more
Published August 17th 2010 by Clarkson Potter (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Rachael Ray's 30-Minute Get Real Meals, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rachael Ray's 30-Minute Get Real Meals

I collect cookbooks like bad metaphors. Can't help it. I rarely use them - but I like them and I buy them and then they go on my shelf. This cookbook is the exception. I have actually made things from this book! It's quite shocking.

My favorite recipe is the Indian Summer Turkey Chili. I love making this and would eat it with a shovel if I could. I top it with finely shredded sharp cheddar and sour cream - and serve my cayenne cheddar corn muffins on the side. PERFECTION!

I also made the Hazelnut...more
Rachel Ray makes me uncomfortable, I just feel so bad for her. I realize that may sound ridiculous, she's certainly not hurting for dough (no pun intended.) But Ray may very well be the second most disliked person in America, second only to George Bush. Plenty of people are annoyed by her. That is not my bone of contention. My problem is her dorkiness; I cringe every time she says things such as, "Yumm-O!" "Please," I implore, "please, Rachel, you're only making things worse." It is sort of like...more
Anne
There are some good homey thing to make in here but this is a home cooks go to book, not a chef's cookbook. This should be clear. But its nice though it actual recipes that the average person might make, if thats what you are looking for.
Dixie Diamond
I said this about the 2, 4, 6, 8 book: None of this sounds bad, but it still sounds a lot like the stuff I cook when I'm eating alone and want to use up stray ingredients in the most palatable possible way. This is good in a sense: The ingredients are mostly common, easy to get, or easy to substitute if the store is out of, say, endive (spinach in my house). No problem. But if I cook this way when winging it, I don't really need the book.

It occurred to me at some point, too, that her cookbooks k...more
MerBear
Dec 22, 2007 MerBear rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Cooking Fanatics
The main reason why I gave only this book 2 stars is that most of these recipes involve expensive and obscure ingredients. As a newlywed on a tight budget when I got this book, cooking these recipes was far from a reality. Nowadays, I am getting into this book more and more. I still like Ray's other books better that this one, even though this book offers the healthiest alternatives.
Christy
I hate the whole notion of low-carb living as it is, so I was annoyed with this book in the first place, but it's also poorly put together - light-colored, swirly-curly fonts make it hard to read, and there are almost no illustrations. Big no-no for a cookbook.
Julie
30 minutes is after all of the prep work as been done which can sometimes take up to an hour or more. The ingredients were not easy to come by, but they usually did taste good.
Trina
im sorry to say but i dont really care for racheal ray, (my older sister disagree of corse) Her recipes are mismatched and the ingreadents just dosent mix well.
Linda
I haven't tried cooking anything yet but I have about a dozen recipes bookmarked. Looks like some interesting meals in there.
Derise Rehm
When the low carb craze was happening!! I still pull it off of my shelf
Brigitte
Good if you do the lo carb thing. But nothing is very low in fat.
Garbacik
I didn't try even one recipe from this book.
Jaena Rae
Birthday present from my best friend. Years ago.
Jen
Some pretty good and easy low-carb-ish dishes.
Kelli
Oct 05, 2007 Kelli rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ppl. in a hurry, ppl. who love to cook
Recommended to Kelli by: Patti Siwula
Got this book as a gift Christmas '05.
Beka
Not very inspiring.
Deb
Deb added it
Aug 28, 2014
Adeliaroque
Adeliaroque marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2014
Miranda Evanoff
Miranda Evanoff marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
  • The Martha Stewart Living Cookbook: The New Classics
  • Molto Gusto: Easy Italian Cooking
  • Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Recipes for Entertaining
  • Weeknights with Giada: Quick and Simple Recipes to Revamp Dinner
  • The Minimalist Cooks Dinner: More Than 100 Recipes for Fast Weeknight Meals and Casual Entertaining
  • Fast, Fresh, & Green
  • Home Cooking with Trisha Yearwood: Stories and Recipes to Share with Family and Friends
  • Saveur: The New Comfort Food: Home Cooking from Around the World
  • Vegetables: The Most Authoritative Guide to Buying, Preparing, and Cooking with More than 300 Recipes
  • Tyler Florence's Real Kitchen: An indespensible guide for anybody who likes to cook
  • Real Simple: Meals Made Easy
  • Kneadlessly Simple: Fabulous, Fuss-Free, No-Knead Breads
  • The Good Housekeeping Illustrated Cookbook
  • More Diners, Drive-ins and Dives: A Drop-Top Culinary Cruise Through America's Finest and Funkiest Joints
  • Bobby Flay's Throwdown!: More Than 100 Recipes from Food Network's Ultimate Cooking Challenge
  • Mastering the Art of French Cooking: Vol. 1
  • Ancient Grains for Modern Meals: Mediterranean Whole Grain Recipes for Barley, Farro, Kamut, Polenta, Wheat Berries & More
  • Even More Top Secret Recipes: More Amazing Kitchen Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foods
Rachael Domenica Ray is a two-time Emmy-nominated television personality and author. She hosts the syndicated talk/lifestyle program Rachael Ray and two Food Network series, 30 Minute Meals and Rachael Ray's Tasty Travels. Ray has also written a series of cookbooks based on the 30 Minute Meals concept, and launched a magazine, Every Day with Rachael Ray, in 2006.

Prior to the launch of her talk sho...more
More about Rachael Ray...
Rachael Ray 365: No Repeats: A Year of Deliciously Different Dinners 30-Minute Meals 30-Minute Meals 2 Rachael Ray Express Lane Meals: What to Keep on Hand, What to Buy Fresh for the Easiest-Ever 30-Minute Meals Get Togethers: Rachael Ray 30-Minute Meals