Start by marking “Handmade Weddings More Than 50 Crafts to Personalize Your Big Day by Faust, Shana ( Author ) ON Dec-07-2010, Paperback” as Want to Read:

Handcrafted details are at the heart of a beautiful wedding, adding charm, meaning, and style.

In this delightful book, Eunice and Sabrina Moyle, the founders of Hello!Lucky, join forces with stylist Shana Faust to bring you over 50 gorgeous projects. Whether you favor a modern, classic look or a retro, homespun flavor, you'll find plenty of crafts and inspiration suited to
Published December 7th 2010 by Chronicle Books (first published December 1st 2010)

Be the first to ask a question about Handmade Weddings More Than 50 Crafts to Personalize Your Big Day by Faust, Shana ( Author ) ON Dec-07-2010, Paperback

Misty
Feb 27, 2012 Misty rated it it was amazing
If you want to DIY for your wedding - this is the book! It conveniently has indexes for planning out your projects: Skill Level, Category, Time to Make, When to Start (prior to date), Group or Individual Project, and Budget/Cost of Making. There are different wedding themes with: Inspiration, Fonts to Use, Textures, Venues, Details, Colors, and How to Pull It All Together. You can review the themes to figure out what kind of feel you want for your personal wedding. I also found it useful at the ...more
Sara
Mar 14, 2015 Sara rated it liked it
Beautiful book, but, unfortunately, aimed towards those brides who are having a $15K wedding but who want to DIY because it's trendy.

Because we can totally all afford to customize cute clipboards for $5+ a pop (to hold each guest's menu at their place setting, of course). Or spend $3+ per favor just in pretty wrapping paper (favor price not included).

My other peeve with this was that they built these gorgeous "still lifes" to showcase the projects, but only showed how to make one small thing out
Sara
Feb 12, 2011 Sara rated it really liked it
I have been somewhat disappointed in most bridal magazines, shows and what not because they only offer traditional, cookie cutter ideas and options. I was very pleased to find a book that offered such nice diy ideas for my upcoming wedding. I adored the differing themes that were offered, such as "girly romantic", "modern classic", etc. The projects were fresh and in some cases very applicable to our wedding.
Emily
Jul 04, 2011 Emily rated it liked it
Shelves: wedding
There were some cute projects here but nothing that bowled me over and nothing that I think I will end up making. As someone who is avoiding using a theme, I also have some issue with that being such a focus of the book, but I realize I am in the minority when it comes to my view on such matters. I like the cracker favors on page 209 but don't have the patience to make the number I'd need. That's really the only project that caught my eye.
Kimberly Ann
Jan 25, 2016 Kimberly Ann rated it did not like it

What I want to know is why would anyone want to use a tacky, homemade craft at their wedding, ESPECIALLY one that looks to be from the 60's, from a thrift store, or made by a ten year old?

If you can't make something elegant looking....why not just do without?

I'm not even going to make the obvious comment abut the author's name.
Ginny
Dec 19, 2011 Ginny rated it really liked it
I really liked this one! The projects are cute, do-able, etc. Luckily, I have enough 'stash' on hand that the prices wouldn't be that outrageous for me! Yay for being a craft stasher :D In fact, there are a couple in here I may actually do!
Alethea A
Mar 25, 2012 Alethea A rated it really liked it
I thought this was well-designed, well-photographed, and the instructions are pretty clear. I *really* like the Organic Minimal theme and its projects. A lot of these ideas can be repurposed for any ol' party, like a birthday or other celebration.
Claire
Jan 25, 2013 Claire rated it really liked it
There are some great ideas here and not just for weddings.

The instructions are clear and concise. It also explains what tools you need to use, how much work/time you need spend on the projects and alternatives to your selected style as well.

Really good book.
Ambur Taft
May 01, 2016 Ambur Taft marked it as craft-and-arts
Very well put together....some awesome crafts for non-wedding gift giving as well....and most themes could be put to use for a summer soiree, baby shower, or other non-wedding party as well a great set up for a simple wedding.
Pauline
May 20, 2015 Pauline rated it it was amazing
Finally, some original DIY crafts for weddings that are not juvenile, outdated, or just plain tacky!

Love this book!

I especially liked the boxes by each craft that told you how to adapt it to your style!
Deanna Beaton
Mar 28, 2013 Deanna Beaton rated it it was ok
I don't really understand the point of these types of books, because there's this thing called the Internet. I would definitely suggest either 1) getting it from the library, or 2) look through the whole thing before you buy it.
Kim
Nov 30, 2011 Kim rated it it was ok
Shelves: decorative
Good projects, just not what fit for my best friend and her wedding.
Jill
Jan 12, 2015 Jill rated it liked it
Useful for great handmade details for any type of party or wedding! Great instruction, easy to follow!
Danie P.
Mar 02, 2011 Danie P. rated it liked it
I didn't find anything I absolutely loved but there were many cute suggestions for favors, invitations, instructions for silkscreening, calligraphy and more.
Shh I'm reading!
Mar 25, 2013 Shh I'm reading! rated it it was ok
Some cute ideas nothing that I'd do for myself specifically. Loved that there was a link to websites for templates or patterns for the projects.
Erica
Apr 16, 2012 Erica rated it really liked it
sooo cute. even though i'm not getting married...ever, i still loved this book. the way it was divided into styles....everything. i want to make stuff from it just because.
Alyssa
Jul 05, 2013 Alyssa rated it really liked it
Shelves: arts-crafts, wedding
Lots of inspiration for a modern wedding--great, uncluttered photos and a clean layout. I appreciate the estimated time and budget and the suggested variations for each project.
Allison
I really enjoyed the book, and visually it's gorgeous, but I really struggled with the one project I tried (as did the two people I showed it to, to see what I was missing).
Amanda Skinner
Amanda Skinner rated it liked it
Jun 06, 2014
Sally
Sally rated it really liked it
Oct 23, 2014
Katie
Katie rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2014
Stina
Stina rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2014
Lisabgrace
Lisabgrace rated it really liked it
Jul 30, 2016
Jodee
May 16, 2011 Jodee rated it really liked it
loved the craft projects in this book. Especially the rolled, pleated purse
Dianne Burton
Dianne Burton rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2013
Rachael
Rachael rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2014
Kayla Brown
Kayla Brown rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2015
Sam
Sam rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2012
Colleen
Colleen rated it liked it
Aug 19, 2012
Alexandra
Alexandra rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2012