Start by marking “Dialogue with Death: A Journey Through Consciousness” as Want to Read:
Dialogue with Death: A Journey Through Consciousness

Dialogue with Death: A Journey Through Consciousness

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  76 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Why am I here? Is there a purpose to my life? What happens when I die? These deep questions are addressed with clear wisdom, vivid images and memorable stories.
Published January 19th 1993 by Nilgiri Press (first published 1981)

To ask other readers questions about Dialogue with Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dialogue with Death

Easily one of the best books on Self and universal Consiousness. The title sounds gloomy so many people may avoid it; but there in lies the Author's subtle test. ..if we pick up the book to read inspite of the ominous sounding title, we are seeking the same enquiry like Nichiketa who asked Yama, the lord of Death, about the secret of eternal life...the book is based on the Katha Upanishad which is dialogue between Nichiketha and Yama( so the title). The book is about Life and Living and not abou ...more
I never thought I'd say this, but this book should never have been titled "Dialogue with Death"... I'm sure there's an audience out there who is missing out on the great depth and insights Easwaran has to offer in these pages. I did clarify a distinction for me while reading its pages... I don't want to waste my time too much with what spirituality might do for my soul beyond this life; I can't bother with those unknowns. What I want are the tools to live this life fully, peacefully, selflessly, ...more
Leanne Ellis
Every once in a while I have to read a book by this man. He is one of the wisest individuals I have ever encountered. The title sounds gloomy, but really this is a book about how to live. If you have ever thought about trying meditation, I would highly recommend his book "Meditation".
Erik Akre
Aug 06, 2015 Erik Akre rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: seekers and meditators, especially with an affinity to Hindu philosophy
Expanding an ancient Hindu text, and exploring it to its farthest boundaries and depth, we find inspiration here (and encouragement) towards deeper realization. Easwaran is slightly dry in this one, but profound as always.
His gift was to make complex texts, in this case one of the Upanishads, more accessible. This book is no exception to that blessing.
Aug 02, 2008 Spoling is currently reading it
Interesting. A look at death and our perception of ourselves, a bit self-helpie and Kathleen would definitely not like it!
Lets just call it helpful.
Prabhat is currently reading it
Oct 30, 2015
Shiva marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2015
Samah marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2015
Samah marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2015
Maya marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2015
Mallika Menon
Mallika Menon marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2015
Rachith marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2015
Heba Elhayes
Heba Elhayes is currently reading it
Apr 23, 2015
Goodiesjesh marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2015
Sivakumaran Subash
Sivakumaran Subash marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Wade marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015