Start by marking “Dialogue with Death: A Journey Through Consciousness” as Want to Read:
Dialogue with Death: A Journey Through Consciousness

Dialogue with Death: A Journey Through Consciousness

4.23  ·  Rating Details  ·  82 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Why am I here? Is there a purpose to my life? What happens when I die? These deep questions are addressed with clear wisdom, vivid images and memorable stories.
Published January 19th 1993 by Nilgiri Press (first published 1981)

To ask other readers questions about Dialogue with Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dialogue with Death

VENKATRAMAN C K
Aug 05, 2013 VENKATRAMAN C K rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: philosophy, 2013
Easily one of the best books on Self and universal Consiousness. The title sounds gloomy so many people may avoid it; but there in lies the Author's subtle test. ..if we pick up the book to read inspite of the ominous sounding title, we are seeking the same enquiry like Nichiketa who asked Yama, the lord of Death, about the secret of eternal life...the book is based on the Katha Upanishad which is dialogue between Nichiketha and Yama( so the title). The book is about Life and Living and not abou ...more
Ned
Mar 30, 2014 Ned rated it really liked it
I never thought I'd say this, but this book should never have been titled "Dialogue with Death"... I'm sure there's an audience out there who is missing out on the great depth and insights Easwaran has to offer in these pages. I did clarify a distinction for me while reading its pages... I don't want to waste my time too much with what spirituality might do for my soul beyond this life; I can't bother with those unknowns. What I want are the tools to live this life fully, peacefully, selflessly, ...more
Leanne Ellis
Dec 24, 2009 Leanne Ellis rated it really liked it
Every once in a while I have to read a book by this man. He is one of the wisest individuals I have ever encountered. The title sounds gloomy, but really this is a book about how to live. If you have ever thought about trying meditation, I would highly recommend his book "Meditation".
Erik Akre
Aug 06, 2015 Erik Akre rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: seekers and meditators, especially with an affinity to Hindu philosophy
Shelves: spirituality
Expanding an ancient Hindu text, and exploring it to its farthest boundaries and depth, we find inspiration here (and encouragement) towards deeper realization. Easwaran is slightly dry in this one, but profound as always.
Deb
Apr 04, 2008 Deb rated it really liked it
His gift was to make complex texts, in this case one of the Upanishads, more accessible. This book is no exception to that blessing.
Spoling
Aug 02, 2008 Spoling is currently reading it
Interesting. A look at death and our perception of ourselves, a bit self-helpie and Kathleen would definitely not like it!
Gursimran
Mar 10, 2010 Gursimran rated it really liked it
Lets just call it helpful.
Anthony
Anthony marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2016
B Gautam
B Gautam rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2016
Phoenix_ Phoenix_
Phoenix_ Phoenix_ marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Ivana
Ivana marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Anne
Anne added it
Apr 14, 2016
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Sowmya Krishnapur
Sowmya Krishnapur rated it it was amazing
Mar 13, 2016
Jay
Jay marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2016
Manoj Singhvi
Manoj Singhvi rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2016
Lyn
Lyn marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
Siri
Siri rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2016
Christina Pagan
Christina Pagan marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Efe Kit
Efe Kit marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2016
Rakshith Bhaskar
Rakshith Bhaskar marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2015
Deb cambria
Deb cambria marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2015
Prabhat
Prabhat rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2016
Miguel Bacaoco
Miguel Bacaoco rated it liked it
Oct 11, 2015
Shiva
Shiva marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2015
Sangeeta Krishnan
Sangeeta Krishnan rated it it was amazing
Oct 05, 2015