Start by marking “Mending the Past and Healing the Future with Soul Retrieval” as Want to Read:
Mending the Past and Healing the Future with Soul Retrieval

Mending the Past and Healing the Future with Soul Retrieval

4.11  ·  Rating Details  ·  196 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Explains the practices for healing outside of ordinary time and space. It shows how to enter the timeless now to heal events that occurred in the past, and to correct the course of destiny.
Published June 1st 2005 by Hay House

Be the first to ask a question about Mending the Past and Healing the Future with Soul Retrieval

Andrea Marley
Nov 08, 2013 Andrea Marley rated it it was amazing
It's hard to write about a book that affects your inner world and inner thoughts so intensely. Its like those clips you see on Pinterest or Tumblr that show those beautiful poetic foreign words that have no translation in English.

What I will say is, this book certainly makes you think and lifts you out of that sometimes small and myopic world of details and to-do lists that one can get too caught up in. It's like yoga stretching for your mind.

I have enjoyed all of Villoldos' books and wish I di
John Crawford
I really loved Alberto's earlier work especially the four winds which I know is very poetic and perhaps not entirely factual. As a long time student of shamanic interests I took the time and trouble to fully connect to this program. I recorded my sessions. The book is very ambitious and I have to give it for credit for trying. Funny however the exercises did feel a little bit forced and although I had some fairly remarkable experiences by using it I can't say that it helped me to progress very m ...more
Nathaniel Williams
Mar 11, 2015 Nathaniel Williams rated it did not like it
Some interesting visualization and journaling exercises wrapped in a hodge podge of allegories and snippets of the authors diary. It made me want to read a book about Laika Shamanism by a better and more coherent writer. I would have given it 2 stars, but the apocalyptic admonitions and hints of an odd New Age eugenics in the last chapter really dropped my opinion on the writer from harmlessly spacey to slightly delusional.
Carolyn
Mar 23, 2008 Carolyn rated it liked it
Recommends it for: people who would like to read an instructional book on Incan-inspired healing techniques
This book was not as fun to read as Alberto Villoldo's memoirs. It is more of an instructional book on how to do Soul Retreival. It was very interesting and informative, but I hink that it would be nearly impossible to learn the techniques outlined in this book by yourself. It is important to have someone who has already mastered the techniques to teach you.
Chris
Jun 17, 2013 Chris rated it it was amazing
this is where I am in my life journey, my mind is open , my heart is being led and there are just some things in life that you have to experience for yourself, when you as an individual are ready. It may be a book that you stick on your to read list and then someday when you are feeling the nudge, you will explore it for yourself. :)
MizzSandie
Feeling kind of mixed about this book.
Some of it I didn't really connect with, other parts I did.
I didn't do all the exercises, only the ones I was drawn to.
Might come back to it and do the others at a later point.
Taryn
This book was more of a workbook of exercises to perform and wasn't quite what I thought it would be. I think if a person dedicated the proper time to studying this topic, many wonderful things could be accomplished.
Narda Martine
Dec 19, 2012 Narda Martine rated it liked it
interesting and good exercises but very culture specific take on shamanism, too rigid in its approach and teaching of the way shamanic practice should be.
Jeanne
Nov 29, 2015 Jeanne rated it it was amazing
So worthwhile I want to get my own copy.
Cat
Sep 22, 2015 Cat rated it it was amazing
Excellent book on the topic of Shamanism. Explains in practical hands on terms that help all who seek to heal.
Jessica Clements
Feb 07, 2009 Jessica Clements rated it really liked it
An excellent book that taught me techniques of Past Life work within my healing.
Silas
Aug 11, 2011 Silas added it
An interesting, if somewhat watered-down and quasi-Christian take on shamanism.
Sharon
Had to buy this book to reread and mark it up with my questions and comments.
Betsy
Apr 20, 2009 Betsy rated it really liked it
Very helpful for healing past wounds.
Crina Becheanu
Crina Becheanu rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2016
Dina
Dina marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2016
Lina Pane
Lina Pane marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2016
Annie Medium
Annie Medium rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2016
Sandra Smith
Sandra Smith rated it it was amazing
Jul 26, 2016
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
Mickey
Mickey marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Gloria Robles
Gloria Robles marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2016
S L
S L rated it it was ok
Jul 12, 2016
Raluca Georgiana
Raluca Georgiana rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2016
Samantha Jean
Samantha Jean marked it as to-read
Mirjam
Mirjam is currently reading it
David Becker
David Becker rated it really liked it
Jason
Jason marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
Megan
Megan marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
  • Soul Retrieval: Mending the Fragmented Self
  • Singing the Soul Back Home: Shamanic Wisdom for Every Day
  • The Woman in the Shaman's Body: Reclaiming the Feminine in Religion and Medicine
  • 13 Original Clan Mothers: Your Sacred Path to Discovering the Gifts, Talents and Abilities of the Feminine Through the Ancient Teachings of the Sisterhood
  • The World of Shamanism: New Views of an Ancient Tradition
  • Cave and Cosmos: Shamanic Encounters with Another Reality
  • Earth Magic: Ancient Shamanic Wisdom for Healing Yourself, Others, and the Planet
  • The Celtic Shaman: A Handbook (Earth Quest)
  • The Medicine Way: A Shamanic Path to Self Mastery (The "Earth Quest" Series)
  • Spiritwalker: Messages from the Future
  • Urban Shaman
  • Entering the Circle: Ancient Secrets of Siberian Wisdom Discovered by a Russian Psychiatrist
  • Conscious Dreaming: A Spiritual Path for Everyday Life
  • The Shamanic Way of the Bee: Ancient Wisdom and Healing Practices of the Bee Masters
  • Shapeshifting: Techniques for Global and Personal Transformation
  • The Four-Fold Way: Walking the Paths of the Warrior, Teacher, Healer, and Visionary
  • In the Shadow of the Shaman: Connecting with Self, Nature, and Spirit
  • The Toltec Way: A Guide to Personal Transformation
By his mid-20s Alberto Villoldo was the youngest clinical professor at San Francisco State University. He was directing his own laboratory, the Biological Self-Regulation Lab, investigating how energy medicine and visualization could change the chemistry of the brain.

One day in his biology laboratory, Alberto realized that his investigation had to get bigger instead of smaller; Alberto needed to f
More about Alberto Villoldo...