Start by marking “Mending the Past and Healing the Future with Soul Retrieval” as Want to Read:
Mending the Past and Healing the Future with Soul Retrieval

Mending the Past and Healing the Future with Soul Retrieval

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  122 ratings  ·  9 reviews
This fascinating book by psychologist and medical anthropologist Alberto Villoldo, Ph.D., explains the practices for healing outside of ordinary time and space. It shows how to enter the timeless "now to heal events that occurred in the past, and to correct the course of destiny. Dr. Villoldo discusses ways in which you can heal yourself and your loved ones by employing in ...more
Published June 1st 2005 by Hay House

Be the first to ask a question about Mending the Past and Healing the Future with Soul Retrieval

Andrea Marley
It's hard to write about a book that affects your inner world and inner thoughts so intensely. Its like those clips you see on Pinterest or Tumblr that show those beautiful poetic foreign words that have no translation in English.

What I will say is, this book certainly makes you think and lifts you out of that sometimes small and myopic world of details and to-do lists that one can get too caught up in. It's like yoga stretching for your mind.

I have enjoyed all of Villoldos' books and wish I di
Carolyn
Mar 23, 2008 Carolyn rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who would like to read an instructional book on Incan-inspired healing techniques
This book was not as fun to read as Alberto Villoldo's memoirs. It is more of an instructional book on how to do Soul Retreival. It was very interesting and informative, but I hink that it would be nearly impossible to learn the techniques outlined in this book by yourself. It is important to have someone who has already mastered the techniques to teach you.
Chris
this is where I am in my life journey, my mind is open , my heart is being led and there are just some things in life that you have to experience for yourself, when you as an individual are ready. It may be a book that you stick on your to read list and then someday when you are feeling the nudge, you will explore it for yourself. :)
Taryn
This book was more of a workbook of exercises to perform and wasn't quite what I thought it would be. I think if a person dedicated the proper time to studying this topic, many wonderful things could be accomplished.
Narda Martine
interesting and good exercises but very culture specific take on shamanism, too rigid in its approach and teaching of the way shamanic practice should be.
Jessica Clements
An excellent book that taught me techniques of Past Life work within my healing.
Silas
Aug 11, 2011 Silas added it
An interesting, if somewhat watered-down and quasi-Christian take on shamanism.
Sharon
Had to buy this book to reread and mark it up with my questions and comments.
Betsy
Very helpful for healing past wounds.
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Eugene Dagon
Eugene Dagon marked it as to-read
Yvette Bationo
Yvette Bationo marked it as to-read
Lynne
Lynne marked it as to-read
Georgia
Georgia marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2014
Diego
Diego is currently reading it
Nov 17, 2014
Denny Reader
Denny Reader is currently reading it
Nov 04, 2014
Rex Villadelgado
Rex Villadelgado marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
Val
Val marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2014
Rhodabrew
Rhodabrew marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Vanessa
Vanessa is currently reading it
Sep 27, 2014
  • Soul Retrieval: Mending the Fragmented Self
  • The Woman in the Shaman's Body: Reclaiming the Feminine in Religion and Medicine
  • 13 Original Clan Mothers: Your Sacred Path to Discovering the Gifts, Talents and Abilities of the Feminine Through the Ancient Teachings of the Sisterhood
  • Spiritwalker: Messages from the Future
  • Earth Magic: Ancient Shamanic Wisdom for Healing Yourself, Others, and the Planet
  • The Celtic Shaman: A Handbook (Earth Quest)
  • Conscious Dreaming: A Spiritual Path for Everyday Life
  • Cave and Cosmos: Shamanic Encounters with Another Reality
  • Urban Shaman
  • The Four-Fold Way: Walking the Paths of the Warrior, Teacher, Healer, and Visionary
  • In the Shadow of the Shaman: Connecting with Self, Nature, and Spirit
  • Entering the Circle: Ancient Secrets of Siberian Wisdom Discovered by a Russian Psychiatrist
  • Shapeshifting: Techniques for Global and Personal Transformation
  • Shamans Through Time
  • Echoes of the Soul: Moving Beyond the Light
  • The Shamanic Way of the Bee: Ancient Wisdom and Healing Practices of the Bee Masters
  • Infinite Life
  • Quantum-Touch: The Power to Heal
By his mid-20s Alberto Villoldo was the youngest clinical professor at San Francisco State University. He was directing his own laboratory, the Biological Self-Regulation Lab, investigating how energy medicine and visualization could change the chemistry of the brain.

One day in his biology laboratory, Alberto realized that his investigation had to get bigger instead of smaller; Alberto needed to f
More about Alberto Villoldo...
Shaman, Healer, Sage: How to Heal Yourself and Others with the Energy Medicine of the Americas The Four Insights: Wisdom, Power, and Grace of the Earthkeepers Dance of the Four Winds: Secrets of the Inca Medicine Wheel Courageous Dreaming: How Shamans Dream the World into Being Illumination: The Shaman's Way of Healing