Start by marking “Mending the Past and Healing the Future with Soul Retrieval” as Want to Read:
Mending the Past and Healing the Future with Soul Retrieval

Mending the Past and Healing the Future with Soul Retrieval

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  169 ratings  ·  13 reviews
This fascinating book by psychologist and medical anthropologist Alberto Villoldo, Ph.D., explains the practices for healing outside of ordinary time and space. It shows how to enter the timeless "now to heal events that occurred in the past, and to correct the course of destiny. Dr. Villoldo discusses ways in which you can heal yourself and your loved ones by employing in ...more
Published June 1st 2005 by Hay House

Be the first to ask a question about Mending the Past and Healing the Future with Soul Retrieval

Andrea Marley
It's hard to write about a book that affects your inner world and inner thoughts so intensely. Its like those clips you see on Pinterest or Tumblr that show those beautiful poetic foreign words that have no translation in English.

What I will say is, this book certainly makes you think and lifts you out of that sometimes small and myopic world of details and to-do lists that one can get too caught up in. It's like yoga stretching for your mind.

I have enjoyed all of Villoldos' books and wish I di
Nathaniel Williams
Some interesting visualization and journaling exercises wrapped in a hodge podge of allegories and snippets of the authors diary. It made me want to read a book about Laika Shamanism by a better and more coherent writer. I would have given it 2 stars, but the apocalyptic admonitions and hints of an odd New Age eugenics in the last chapter really dropped my opinion on the writer from harmlessly spacey to slightly delusional.
Mar 23, 2008 Carolyn rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who would like to read an instructional book on Incan-inspired healing techniques
This book was not as fun to read as Alberto Villoldo's memoirs. It is more of an instructional book on how to do Soul Retreival. It was very interesting and informative, but I hink that it would be nearly impossible to learn the techniques outlined in this book by yourself. It is important to have someone who has already mastered the techniques to teach you.
this is where I am in my life journey, my mind is open , my heart is being led and there are just some things in life that you have to experience for yourself, when you as an individual are ready. It may be a book that you stick on your to read list and then someday when you are feeling the nudge, you will explore it for yourself. :)
Feeling kind of mixed about this book.
Some of it I didn't really connect with, other parts I did.
I didn't do all the exercises, only the ones I was drawn to.
Might come back to it and do the others at a later point.
This book was more of a workbook of exercises to perform and wasn't quite what I thought it would be. I think if a person dedicated the proper time to studying this topic, many wonderful things could be accomplished.
Narda Martine
interesting and good exercises but very culture specific take on shamanism, too rigid in its approach and teaching of the way shamanic practice should be.
So worthwhile I want to get my own copy.
Excellent book on the topic of Shamanism. Explains in practical hands on terms that help all who seek to heal.
Jessica Clements
An excellent book that taught me techniques of Past Life work within my healing.
Aug 11, 2011 Silas added it
An interesting, if somewhat watered-down and quasi-Christian take on shamanism.
Had to buy this book to reread and mark it up with my questions and comments.
Very helpful for healing past wounds.
donna bringenberg
donna bringenberg marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2015
Alexandra is currently reading it
Nov 20, 2015
Rilan Rivera
Rilan Rivera marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2015
Amber marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2015
Axel Johansson
Axel Johansson marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2015
Ein is currently reading it
Oct 17, 2015
Rick Olsen
Rick Olsen marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2015
  • Soul Retrieval: Mending the Fragmented Self
  • Singing the Soul Back Home: Shamanic Wisdom for Every Day
  • The Woman in the Shaman's Body: Reclaiming the Feminine in Religion and Medicine
  • Spiritwalker: Messages from the Future
  • 13 Original Clan Mothers: Your Sacred Path to Discovering the Gifts, Talents and Abilities of the Feminine Through the Ancient Teachings of the Sisterhood
  • The Celtic Shaman: A Handbook (Earth Quest)
  • Earth Magic: Ancient Shamanic Wisdom for Healing Yourself, Others, and the Planet
  • The Medicine Way: A Shamanic Path to Self Mastery (The "Earth Quest" Series)
  • Cave and Cosmos: Shamanic Encounters with Another Reality
  • Urban Shaman
  • In the Shadow of the Shaman: Connecting with Self, Nature, and Spirit
  • Conscious Dreaming: A Spiritual Path for Everyday Life
  • Shamans Through Time
  • The Shamanic Way of the Bee: Ancient Wisdom and Healing Practices of the Bee Masters
  • Entering the Circle: Ancient Secrets of Siberian Wisdom Discovered by a Russian Psychiatrist
  • The Toltec Way: A Guide to Personal Transformation
  • The Four-Fold Way: Walking the Paths of the Warrior, Teacher, Healer, and Visionary
  • Shapeshifting: Techniques for Global and Personal Transformation
By his mid-20s Alberto Villoldo was the youngest clinical professor at San Francisco State University. He was directing his own laboratory, the Biological Self-Regulation Lab, investigating how energy medicine and visualization could change the chemistry of the brain.

One day in his biology laboratory, Alberto realized that his investigation had to get bigger instead of smaller; Alberto needed to f
More about Alberto Villoldo...