Start by marking “Naruto, Vol. 10: A Splendid Ninja (Naruto, #10)” as Want to Read:
Naruto, Vol. 10: A Splendid Ninja (Naruto, #10)

Naruto, Vol. 10: A Splendid Ninja (Naruto #10)

4.38  ·  Rating Details  ·  6,440 Ratings  ·  77 Reviews
In the village of Konohagakure, ninja reign supreme, and school is literally a battlefield. Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura are teenage classmates and ninja-in-training working together (sort of) toward a common goal: to become the greatest ninja in the land!

A SPLENDID NINJA

With only a few matches left to be fought in the preliminaries to the third portion of the Journeyman Nin
Published June 6th 2006 by VIZ Media LLC (first published December 4th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Naruto, Vol. 10, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Naruto, Vol. 10

Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Dec 19, 2014 Nidah (SleepDreamWrite) rated it really liked it
Quite possibly one of my favorite fights so far in the series, well anime to be honest. Especially from the anime and two of my favorite characters as well. That was a tough fight but at the same kind of cool to read and see.
Brad
Jul 31, 2015 Brad rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, fantasy
Ahhh Lee. For years he was one of my absolute favorite manga characters, a true genius of hard work. This fight was so awesome and sad that it stayed with me pretty solid through years and years of reading Naruto. And then Guy had to come around and upstage him, not just once, but twice near the end of the series.

Fighting Gaara was amazing, and I still have a warm spot in my heart for this battle, but it has been slightly tarnished by time.

I honestly like the Anime version of this fight better t
Anusha
Dec 21, 2015 Anusha rated it it was amazing
Loving the series so far. It is so interesting that I don't want to pause and write reviews for each volume.

I particularly like this volume because of the character Rock Lee. He signifies that even if you don't have natural talent for something, working hard will eventually pay off.

Full manga review at https://anushanarasimhan.wordpress.co...
Anton
Oct 06, 2015 Anton rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
So much action :P Loove it
Oscar  Leal
Oct 16, 2015 Oscar Leal rated it really liked it
4 estrellas y media . ¡Vaya tomo! . Un recopilado de capítulos llenos de acción y emotividad en toda la expresión . Tan bien dibujado que toma movimiento en tu cabeza . Una pelea de la cual se tenían ganas y su culminación no dejó indiferente a nadie .

En mi opinión esta batalla de Rock Lee vs Gaara es de las 3 mejores en toda la primera mitad de la serie . Es bastante emotiva y frustrante por todo lo que se muestra . Es un cumulo de emociones que te explota en la cara por el final tan predecible
Brandon St. Mark
4.75 actual rating.
Ike Iloka
May 21, 2014 Ike Iloka rated it really liked it
This is another sequel of Naruto Volume 9. In this volume, the battle of Hinata and Neji ended with Neji beating his sister, but Hinata has a fatal injury that Neji didn't know would occur. Now that the match has ended, another match is announced; the match of Gaara of the Sand village and Lee of the Leaf village. Gaara of the Sand uses sand from his gourd he keeps on his back for defense and offense . Lee however, uses traditional fighting due to his lack of ability to perform spells like norma ...more
Kathleen
Jul 02, 2015 Kathleen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
I loved this installment! Rock Lee and Gaara had the longest battle (longer than Naruto and Kiba's) It also explores the responsibility a teacher has to his/her student. Guy taught Lee forbidden skills that ended up being his downfall. In an effort to make sure Lee achieved his goal, Guy gave him the tools for Lee to self-destruct.

There is a lot of brother/brother and teacher/student relationships in this series and the Lee/Guy one is my favorite. It brings up the question about whether or not
Jeff_§of2014
Mar 26, 2009 Jeff_§of2014 rated it it was amazing
This is another sequel of Naruto Volume 9. In this volume, the battle of Hinata and Neji ended with Neji victorious, but Hinata has a fatal injury. Now that the match has ended, another match is announced; the match of Gaara of the Sand village and Lee of the Leaf village. Gaara of the Sand uses sand from his gourd he keeps on his back for defense and offense. Lee however, uses traditional fighting due to his lack of ability to perform spells like normal ninja, he is a trained fighter. Will Lee ...more
JasonChan
This is another continue of Naruto Volume 9. In this volume, the battle of Hinata and Neji ended with Neji victorious, but Hinata has a fatal injury. Now that the match has ended, another match is announced; the match of Gaara of the Sand village and Lee of the Leaf village. Gaara of the Sand uses sand from his bottle he keeps on his back for defense and offense. Lee however, uses traditional taijutsu which is martial arts so he is a trained fighter. Will Lee come out victorious, or will Gaara g ...more
MissAnnThrope
12 April 2013

Freakin' phenomenal! Naruto, Vol. 10: A Splendid Ninja is undoubtedly the best volume in the series thus far. The battle between two of my favorite characters, Rock Lee and Gaara, reaches epic proportions. It is intense, pulls at the heartstrings, and ends in an unexpected way. I love these two so much that I take turns rooting for each of them. Thankfully, this is a re-read for me so I know there isn't any reason for me to grieve.

The pairing of Rock Lee and Gaara is well done. Thes
Adalira Morningstar
Man, and I thought I had difficulties keeping up with all of Bleach's characters. To me, this volume was nothing but dude's whose names I don't remember kicking other dudes whose names I don't remember in the face and a ridiculous amount of ninja jargon I will promptly forget because it could have been summed up much easier.
Sara
Mar 09, 2013 Sara rated it it was amazing
The battle between Rock Lee and Gaara was bittersweet. Unfortunately Lee was badly injured in the fight and it doesn't look like he will be fighting anymore. His teacher, Master Guy, did not think ahead in his training and should have stopped him. The good news- we will see Gaara fight again! Gosh this kid is bloodthirsty!

The rest if the volume is pretty tame. Kakashi steps down as Naruto's instructor because he is wrapped up in the Orochimaru/Sasuke battle. He will remain as Sasuke's instructo
Samantha
Epic fight sequences in this volume. Not gonna lie, the exam put off is bumming me out, but that'll just make me rush through the next couple volumes faster so I can get to it and hopefully see some excellent combat sequences.
Waldmar1000
Jun 02, 2010 Waldmar1000 rated it really liked it
The next fight is a big one: Rock Lee vs Gaara. Gaara has been known to be a deadly that can kill in a second. However, Rock Lee is an extremely talent ninja. Who will win this extremely epic fight?

Iknow I already said this before but........IT'S MASTERFUL! THE DRAWINGS ARE AS AMAZING AS MAGNA CAN BE! THE STORY IS GREAT, AND IT EVERYTHING. IT HAS COMEDY, ROMANCE, ACTION, SADNESS, EPICNESS, AND EVEN A LITTLE BIT OF DRAMA. THIS BOOK SERIES IS INCREDIBLE, AND I WOULD RECOMDMEND IT TO ANYBODY AT!!!!
Ashley
Dec 14, 2015 Ashley rated it liked it
Matthew
Dec 19, 2015 Matthew rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own, manga
Lee v Gaara remains one of - if not the - best fights in this entire series.

It's really interesting to see the manga versions! (I only read the manga from shipuuden onward)
Bryan
Jan 30, 2011 Bryan rated it it was amazing
This book is about Naruto and other ninjas going through a test to rank up to a more advance ninja. There are three parts of the test. The first part of the test is a written test. The second part of the test is a survial test and a little mission to bring two scrolls to a temple. The third part of the test is to show off your skills and a tournament. Naruto was assigned to another sensei to train him for the tournament since his normal sensei was taking care of some bad guy. Another person whic ...more
Leighann Higgins
Jul 18, 2014 Leighann Higgins rated it it was amazing
While rereading, I found myself really connecting to Lee in a way I NEVER have before. Really glad I can appreciate his worth now compared to when I was eleven.
London
Aug 20, 2012 London rated it it was amazing
Ya gotta love Rock Lee. He's a lot like Naruto and he works really hard to become the best. He loves Sakura and is dedicated to Master Guy and his ninja path. but come on, bowl cuts aren't that bad! Are they? Are they?
And who could've thought that he would actually be able to hurt Gaara? Yeah, Lee! He wound up and threw a punch at Gaara so hard that he actually wound up on the floor.
But all that awesomeness has a price, especially in a kid that young. Will he ever be a ninja again? Will he be ab
Johanna
Apr 27, 2015 Johanna rated it really liked it
Lee!!!! His story, him, so inspirational and heart warming! Such an inspiration! We can become whatever we want if we just believe we can! :)
Love him!
Jussi
May 16, 2015 Jussi rated it liked it
I'm rating the series in a clump – see the last book (Vol. 72) for review.
Daphne
Dec 29, 2015 Daphne rated it it was amazing
Another awesome read and in this one Rock Lee surprised me with his skills.
Scout
Feb 03, 2015 Scout marked it as to-read
i think i need to read this over and over
Desi Ariyanis
Sep 11, 2014 Desi Ariyanis rated it it was amazing
yay! Gaara wonnn!
ah, feels bad for Lee : (
Soul
Jul 05, 2011 Soul rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011
I must say it is and it will forever be(fingers crossed) my favorite Manga novel read.

the way Masashi Kishimoto described the characters is just awesome, you get to see them growing up, becoming responsible... powerful...

and it is not just characters,

The plot itself is so much bigger... u simply can't get enough of it. and add to that,

u get more than just entertainment, you learn...
what is
responsibility,
respect,
kindness,
friendship...

so it is not just a manga it is a way of living... The sprite
Cherie Roberts
Oct 11, 2014 Cherie Roberts rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
This manga has a lot of fighting in it. This volume is one of my favorites, it shows how much Rock Lee trains, and how much had wants to become a splendid ninja.
Evang014
Nov 12, 2011 Evang014 added it
Recommends it for: everybody
Recommended to Evang014 by: i saw the TV show
Shelves: 1st-trimester
I really liked this book because. The book had a lot of action because when gaara of the sand had to fight rock lee the are very different ninjas like gaara has lots of defence and offence and lee only has offence because he does not have ninjutsu he only has ninjutsu (hand to hand combat) so it was very hard for lee to fight gaara but in the end lee had lost and he nows a very big injury on his leg and later in the book series the hokage told lee that he can be a ninja ans lee's dream is to the ...more
kim song ng
Jul 20, 2015 kim song ng rated it really liked it
INSANE BATTLE WOOOWW!!
Dymond
Nov 09, 2015 Dymond rated it it was amazing
Simply Awesome!
  • Bleach Volume 10: Tattoo on the Sky (Bleach, #10)
  • One Piece, Volume 13: It's All Right! (One Piece, #13)
Masashi Kishimoto (岸本 斉史 Kishimoto Masashi) is a Japanese manga artist, well known for creating the manga series Naruto. His younger twin brother, Seishi Kishimoto, is also a manga artist and creator of the manga series O-Parts Hunter (666 Satan) and Blazer Drive. Two of his former assistants, Osamu Kajisa (Tattoo Hearts) and Yuuichi Itakura (Hand's), have also gone on to moderate success followin ...more
More about Masashi Kishimoto...

Naruto (1 - 10 of 72 books)
  • Naruto, Vol. 01: The Tests of the Ninja (Naruto, #1)
  • Naruto, Vol. 02: The Worst Client (Naruto, #2)
  • Naruto, Vol. 03: Bridge of Courage (Naruto, #3)
  • Naruto, Vol. 04: The New Opponents (Naruto, #4)
  • Naruto, Vol. 05: Exam Hell (Naruto, #5)
  • Naruto, Vol. 06: The Forest of Death (Naruto, #6)
  • Naruto, Vol. 07: Orochimaru's Curse (Naruto, #7)
  • Naruto, Vol. 08: Life-and-Death Battles (Naruto, #8)
  • Naruto, Vol. 09: Turning the Tables (Naruto, #9)
  • Naruto, Vol. 11: Impassioned Efforts (Naruto, #11)

“Faster than the devil *times* Sharper than wind! That's the ultimate law of the hero!!” 9 likes