Start by marking “Naruto, Vol. 10: A Splendid Ninja (Naruto, #10)” as Want to Read:
Naruto, Vol. 10: A Splendid Ninja (Naruto, #10)

Naruto, Vol. 10: A Splendid Ninja (Naruto #10)

4.38 of 5 stars 4.38  ·  rating details  ·  5,476 ratings  ·  58 reviews
In the village of Konohagakure, ninja reign supreme, and school is literally a battlefield. Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura are teenage classmates and ninja-in-training working together (sort of) toward a common goal: to become the greatest ninja in the land!

A SPLENDID NINJA

With only a few matches left to be fought in the preliminaries to the third portion of the Journeyman Nin
Published June 6th 2006 by VIZ Media LLC (first published December 4th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Naruto, Vol. 10, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Naruto, Vol. 10

Ike Iloka
This is another sequel of Naruto Volume 9. In this volume, the battle of Hinata and Neji ended with Neji beating his sister, but Hinata has a fatal injury that Neji didn't know would occur. Now that the match has ended, another match is announced; the match of Gaara of the Sand village and Lee of the Leaf village. Gaara of the Sand uses sand from his gourd he keeps on his back for defense and offense . Lee however, uses traditional fighting due to his lack of ability to perform spells like norma ...more
Jeff_§of2014
This is another sequel of Naruto Volume 9. In this volume, the battle of Hinata and Neji ended with Neji victorious, but Hinata has a fatal injury. Now that the match has ended, another match is announced; the match of Gaara of the Sand village and Lee of the Leaf village. Gaara of the Sand uses sand from his gourd he keeps on his back for defense and offense. Lee however, uses traditional fighting due to his lack of ability to perform spells like normal ninja, he is a trained fighter. Will Lee ...more
JasonChan
This is another continue of Naruto Volume 9. In this volume, the battle of Hinata and Neji ended with Neji victorious, but Hinata has a fatal injury. Now that the match has ended, another match is announced; the match of Gaara of the Sand village and Lee of the Leaf village. Gaara of the Sand uses sand from his bottle he keeps on his back for defense and offense. Lee however, uses traditional taijutsu which is martial arts so he is a trained fighter. Will Lee come out victorious, or will Gaara g ...more
MissAnnThrope
12 April 2013

Freakin' phenomenal! Naruto, Vol. 10: A Splendid Ninja is undoubtedly the best volume in the series thus far. The battle between two of my favorite characters, Rock Lee and Gaara, reaches epic proportions. It is intense, pulls at the heartstrings, and ends in an unexpected way. I love these two so much that I take turns rooting for each of them. Thankfully, this is a re-read for me so I know there isn't any reason for me to grieve.

The pairing of Rock Lee and Gaara is well done. Thes
Ashley
Adalira Morningstar
Man, and I thought I had difficulties keeping up with all of Bleach's characters. To me, this volume was nothing but dude's whose names I don't remember kicking other dudes whose names I don't remember in the face and a ridiculous amount of ninja jargon I will promptly forget because it could have been summed up much easier.
Sara
The battle between Rock Lee and Gaara was bittersweet. Unfortunately Lee was badly injured in the fight and it doesn't look like he will be fighting anymore. His teacher, Master Guy, did not think ahead in his training and should have stopped him. The good news- we will see Gaara fight again! Gosh this kid is bloodthirsty!

The rest if the volume is pretty tame. Kakashi steps down as Naruto's instructor because he is wrapped up in the Orochimaru/Sasuke battle. He will remain as Sasuke's instructo
Waldmar1000
The next fight is a big one: Rock Lee vs Gaara. Gaara has been known to be a deadly that can kill in a second. However, Rock Lee is an extremely talent ninja. Who will win this extremely epic fight?

Iknow I already said this before but........IT'S MASTERFUL! THE DRAWINGS ARE AS AMAZING AS MAGNA CAN BE! THE STORY IS GREAT, AND IT EVERYTHING. IT HAS COMEDY, ROMANCE, ACTION, SADNESS, EPICNESS, AND EVEN A LITTLE BIT OF DRAMA. THIS BOOK SERIES IS INCREDIBLE, AND I WOULD RECOMDMEND IT TO ANYBODY AT!!!!
Bryan
This book is about Naruto and other ninjas going through a test to rank up to a more advance ninja. There are three parts of the test. The first part of the test is a written test. The second part of the test is a survial test and a little mission to bring two scrolls to a temple. The third part of the test is to show off your skills and a tournament. Naruto was assigned to another sensei to train him for the tournament since his normal sensei was taking care of some bad guy. Another person whic ...more
Leighann Higgins
While rereading, I found myself really connecting to Lee in a way I NEVER have before. Really glad I can appreciate his worth now compared to when I was eleven.
London
Ya gotta love Rock Lee. He's a lot like Naruto and he works really hard to become the best. He loves Sakura and is dedicated to Master Guy and his ninja path. but come on, bowl cuts aren't that bad! Are they? Are they?
And who could've thought that he would actually be able to hurt Gaara? Yeah, Lee! He wound up and threw a punch at Gaara so hard that he actually wound up on the floor.
But all that awesomeness has a price, especially in a kid that young. Will he ever be a ninja again? Will he be ab
Desi Ariyanis
yay! Gaara wonnn!
ah, feels bad for Lee : (
Soul
Jul 05, 2011 Soul rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2011
I must say it is and it will forever be(fingers crossed) my favorite Manga novel read.

the way Masashi Kishimoto described the characters is just awesome, you get to see them growing up, becoming responsible... powerful...

and it is not just characters,

The plot itself is so much bigger... u simply can't get enough of it. and add to that,

u get more than just entertainment, you learn...
what is
responsibility,
respect,
kindness,
friendship...

so it is not just a manga it is a way of living... The sprite
Cherie Roberts
This manga has a lot of fighting in it. This volume is one of my favorites, it shows how much Rock Lee trains, and how much had wants to become a splendid ninja.
Evang014
Nov 12, 2011 Evang014 added it
Recommends it for: everybody
Recommended to Evang014 by: i saw the TV show
Shelves: 1st-trimester
I really liked this book because. The book had a lot of action because when gaara of the sand had to fight rock lee the are very different ninjas like gaara has lots of defence and offence and lee only has offence because he does not have ninjutsu he only has ninjutsu (hand to hand combat) so it was very hard for lee to fight gaara but in the end lee had lost and he nows a very big injury on his leg and later in the book series the hokage told lee that he can be a ninja ans lee's dream is to the ...more
Sharon
Oh Rock Lee. He is legitimately one of my favorite characters in the series. He is determined, probably the most determined but at the same time sweet and also completely silly. He's kind of the equivalent of One Piece's Usopp. Any book with him heavily featured is great for me. :) However, I will say aside from Lee, I'm starting to think Kishimoto overexplains his world. Do we really need such extensive insights into how chakra works?
Yoichi Takihana
5/14
7words: attack cancel emergency battle ope revenge invite

DQ. If you have serious diseases or injure, what will you do in the hospital?

I will read books or watch movies. Certainly, hospital is boring, because we cannot move or talk with someone, but it is a good time to read or watch something.

NARUTO vol.10 is a important I think. It is because Sasuke(character) started his action to revenge.
Phillip
This book is about Naruto and his team entering the Chounin tournament. A Chounin is an upperclass ninja position specifically awarded to the individual that wins the tournament through fighting. in the tournament, Naruto meets a queer named Rock Lee. Rock Lee is an incredible fighter with an ugly hairstyle. He also falls in love with Sakura just like Naruto but results the same ending, rejection.
Stacey
The battle between Rock Lee and Gaara is pretty intense, but the most enjoyable part of this volume for me was the explanation of how the ninjas do their tricks. Maybe it's because I started playing the video game, maybe I was just wondering about the physics of Kishimoto's world but it was my favourite part.
Naruto vol. 10 - A Splendid Ninja

- Taijutsu master, the weights are lifted
- The ultimate defense, fractured
- "The lotus of Konoha blooms twice."
- The eight inner gates
- Crushed
- Kabuto, Kakashi, and Sasuke
- Naruto - back to the basics
- A new shinobi at the scene of Naruto's training!
Wickedshizuku (and the Jedi pup)
Apr 12, 2014 Wickedshizuku (and the Jedi pup) rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of the anime, Manga fans
Recommended to Wickedshizuku by: Anime-planet.com
Shelves: manga, 2007, reviewed
Volume starts with 82: Lee's Secret.
We begin with the ninth match in the second phase of the Chunnin exams. This is the match between Rock Lee and Gaara of the Desert. This volume is an extraordinary display of martial arts. Any enthusiast should enjoy.
Cheers and Happy Reading!
Keith
Jun 14, 2009 Keith rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone
Recommended to Keith by: no one
Juli
La conclusión que saqué de este tomo es que admiro a Lee... enserio, él es asombroso.
Nunca creí que podría hacerle frente a alguien como Gaara solo con su Taijutsu.

Lo malo del tomo es que aparece Jiraiya.
Y, siendo sincera, ese viejo pervertido me cae muy mal.
Taruia
This edition mainly concentrates on Rock Lee and spooky Gaara as they battle in the never ending Ninja exams. I mean honestly they do go on, its like Lord of the Rings. I'm not complaining this is one of the better ones so far, this is merely an observation.
Jonathan Diaz
In this volume of Naruto Neiji and Hinata, fought a battle that everyone assumed Neiji would win. Neiji did win, but Hinata was left with a very serious injury. This book is great for people who like action and depth in their books.
☆Meredith (メルたん)♪
Ethan
Naruto vol. 10: A Splendid Ninja by Masashi Kishimoto is a wonderful book and I recommend it to young readers who like action and humor. In this book the preliminaries are almost completed. The mysterious Sand ninja Gaara
Tashi
this book i read along time ago it was really cool my favorite part was when rock lee used his full power on garra but garra didn't die.and the time i am goin to read more book about naruto my favorite book.
David De
Rock Lee is one of my favorite characters and puts up an amazing fight against Gaara. Naruto also gets his mentor that will help him become one of the strongest characters in the entire series.
  • Bleach Volume 09: Fourteen Days for Conspiracy (Bleach #9)
  • One Piece, Volume 11: Greatest Evil of the East (One Piece, #11)
Masashi Kishimoto (岸本 斉史 Kishimoto Masashi) is a Japanese manga artist, well known for creating the manga series Naruto. His younger twin brother, Seishi Kishimoto, is also a manga artist and creator of the manga series O-Parts Hunter (666 Satan) and Blazer Drive. Two of his former assistants, Osamu Kajisa (Tattoo Hearts) and Yuuichi Itakura (Hand's), have also gone on to moderate success followin ...more
More about Masashi Kishimoto...
Naruto, Vol. 01: The Tests of the Ninja (Naruto, #1) NARUTO -ナルト- 巻ノ四十三 Naruto, Vol. 11: Impassioned Efforts (Naruto, #11) Naruto, Vol. 05: Exam Hell (Naruto, #5) Naruto, Vol. 02: The Worst Client (Naruto, #2)

“Faster than the devil *times* Sharper than wind! That's the ultimate law of the hero!!” 9 likes