Mr. Brave

Mr. Brave (Mr. Men #40)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  126 ratings  ·  11 reviews
They're back! Rediscover the zaniest characters you've ever met in this best-selling series which has sold millions worldwide. Just in time for Fall 1997's hot new animated TV show, "Mr. Men" and "Little Miss" are being relaunched in the U. S. Bright and charming, with easily recognizable characters and a small take-along format, "Mr. Men" and "Little Miss" books are easy...more
Published (first published September 29th 1990)

To ask other readers questions about Mr. Brave, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mr. Brave

Mark Rice
When I read this book as a child, something about it troubled me, but I couldn't put my finger on what. It wasn't the main character's nerdy appearance; he doesn't look like the sort of valiant hero who'd jump in front of a speeding train to untie a loved one from the track. Appearances can be deceptive, though. In the depths of my mind, the question of why Mr Brave's name wasn't appropriate nagged at me for decades. Until now. I found my stash of Mr Men books, re-read them and everything became...more
Aidan Ashby
An epic tale of love, sacrifice and redemption. Mr Brave will sweep you up in this olympian odyssey of adventure across the park to the house of Miss Bossy, facing friend, foe and trecherous felony alike with utterly compelling bravery.
A must-read for ages 3-5.
Wayne Farmer
Having read all the Mr. Men books in sequence you definitely notice a sudden change where the original Mr. Men books ended and the new ones begin. The writing in this one really wasn't as good as the previous ones - something missing but I can't quite put my finger on it. Also the book was suddenly full of Little Misses when they hadn't once appeared in the previous books and it was a bit jarring. On top of this the pictures weren't as good and again seemed to lack something in their appeal.
Sara
Mr Brave is small but very brave. Which proves good things come in small packages.

Godzilla
I feel slightly bad only giving this two stars, but I guess I'm brave enough to do it.

Even my children noticed the distinct lack of plot and bravery on show!

The only brave thing about this is the decision to publish and tarnish an otherwise excellent range of books (of the ones we've read so far).

Perhaps the character is brave for wearing a hat like that, and there is a slightly ironic choice of colour for him given his alleged lack of cowardice.

My children were more captivated by the idea of Li...more
Alannah Clarke
I absolutely loved these Mr Men and Little Miss books. I remember getting them from my granny every week. There was so much from these simple characters, I remember filling my little bookshelf with all these books making sure I had got them all in right order. I wish I still had these books but somehow most of them got lost with many house moves or my mum gave the rest away. If I ever have kids, I will make sure they get the chance to experience these wonderful, colourful books.
Gavin
Not one of Roger Hargreave's original characters. Of the more recently written ones (this by his son Christopher), this would perhaps qualify as the lamest. Even San wasn't all that impressed by Mr. Brave's alleged bravery.
M
I turned to Mr Brave for inspiration... And I found a coward! I feel so let down... Perhaps he's the only ironic Mr Man..?
John Wilson
Mr. Brave shouts, "Oh, calamity!" when he's upset. That alone make this a three-starrer.
Horace Mann Family Reading Challenge
Mr. Brave is so funny. He is funny because he is so brave. B. Y.
Talya
I have to say he's truly a brave ^_^
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Aug 12, 2014
Renee Gulino
Renee Gulino marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Nicola
Nicola is currently reading it
Jun 08, 2014
Martha
Martha added it
Apr 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Charles Roger Hargreaves (9 May 1935 – 11 September 1988) was an English author and illustrator of children's books, notably the Mr. Men and Little Miss series, intended for very young readers. He is Britain's third best-selling author, having sold more than 100 million books.

Hargreaves was born in a private hospital at 201 Bath Road, Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire, England, to Alfred Reginald and Et...more
More about Roger Hargreaves...
Mr. Tickle (Mr. Men, #1) Little Miss Bossy Mr. Happy (Mr. Men, #3) Mr. Messy (Mr. Men, #8) Mr. Bump (Mr. Men, #6)