Start by marking “The Berenstain Bears Go to Camp (First Look Books, #7)” as Want to Read:
The Berenstain Bears Go to Camp (First Look Books, #7)

The Berenstain Bears Go to Camp (The Berenstain Bears)

4.07  ·  Rating Details ·  1,987 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
"Though Grizzly Bob's Day Camp looks exciting, Brother and Sister Bear are apprehensive. But after spending a few days trying things out, they discover they can have fun."--The Reading Teacher.
Published March 12th 1982 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published March 1st 1982)

To ask other readers questions about The Berenstain Bears Go to Camp, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Berenstain Bears Go to Camp

Jonathan Jordan
Feb 08, 2015 Jonathan Jordan rated it it was amazing
1. First off to say the The Berenstein Bears series is a great work of art this story of the two young bears summer vacation is the ideal book for children. The story begins at the end of the school year which many children always run into that boredom problem and can't find nothing to do. So the bears head off to a day camp where they have good and bad days but overall enjoy their time at the camp. However, they were anxious on spending the night at skull rock but after experiencing a great vac ...more
Rochelle
Sep 15, 2016 Rochelle rated it it was amazing
We discussed our Camping Trip experiences after I read this and the laughter filled the room!
William Kowalk
Feb 10, 2017 William Kowalk rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love going to camp
Miss Meghan's Class
Oct 22, 2012 Miss Meghan's Class rated it really liked it
This was a lot of fun for me in particular because I was lucky enough to go to camps (day camps and overnight camps) when I was younger and because I refer to the group that come over and spend time with me as Camp Meghan (I try to do a lot of nature stuff, outdoor stuff, arts and crafts, etc that you would do at summer camp - I'm much cooler than a daycare haha). The little girl that I read this to had never been to a camp before and when we were reading it you could see her eyes just lighting ...more
Sidney
Sep 05, 2016 Sidney rated it it was amazing
This book is about brother and sister bear going to camp. They are both bored during the summer when momma bear suggests that they go to summer camp. They both are excited and love camp, but are nervous about spending the night on skull rock. They both conquer their fear and have a fun time and are soon wishing that summer would last longer so camp would never end. This book teaches children that kids can conquer their fears no matter how big or small.
Finn Pennekamp
Aug 28, 2012 Finn Pennekamp rated it liked it
Camp sounds cool. I can't wait to go there someday. This book seems suspiciously like camp propaganda, though. I mean, it doesn't seem like Sister Bear had any fun at all even though she claims she did.

Also, this book is LONG! I mean -- wow! It took five tries for my parents to read it through one time to me.
Stef
Dec 11, 2016 Stef rated it it was amazing
I love these early Berenstain Bears books, where there's no moral, just all the fun things and opportunities awaiting you. It was books like these that made me think camp (which I've never gone to) was a magical place. The cubs go to day camp, which culminates with a sleep-out on top of Skull Rock with the camp leader wearing a Native American costume.
Anna
Oct 13, 2012 Anna rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens
Another classic BB tale about the cubs being bored at home during the summer and Mama sending them off to day camp. Grizzly Bob's Day Camp includes a sleepover at the end, which Sister Bear is pretty nervous about. Of course it turns out to be exciting with a big campfire and great stories.

chucklesthescot
Mar 31, 2011 chucklesthescot rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, children
It is the summer holidays and Brother and Sister find that they can't find anything to do. Mama suggests sending them each day to a local Day Camp where there are lots of different activities for cubs. Brother and Sister get to try new things and find that the summer can be a lot of fun.
Kerry
Jun 08, 2015 Kerry rated it liked it
Cute book I read to my daughter's 2nd grade class when I was Guest Reader. I chose this book because it was the end of the school year and I thought it would be fun to talk about what camps they were all going to this summer.
Sarah Winters
Dec 17, 2012 Sarah Winters rated it liked it
I found this book to be a little simple, but it still had something children can relate to. It is a little longer so it makes it more difficult to read but it has a very good lesson. Recommended for second to fourth graders.
Apr 29, 2008 Sarah rated it really liked it
As I have said in previous reviews, I absolutely love books about summer camp and this is no exception. This is good for the younger set because the cubs attend a day camp not sleep-away, which is far more likely to be the case with the target audience.
Lisa
Oct 27, 2012 Lisa rated it it was amazing
Picture Book 17
Yet again another book in this series I enjoy reading. I have read this to my campers back when I was a camp counselor two years ago. I wanted them to not be afraid in being away from home for a whole week for the first time.
Stacy
Sep 01, 2014 Stacy rated it liked it
Shelves: children
Kathryn
Sep 28, 2013 Kathryn rated it liked it
It was cool. Read it again.
Shelli
Feb 03, 2008 Shelli rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This was one of my favorites when I was a kid. Having never gone to any kind of summer camp myself I lived vicariously through Brother and Sister Bear.
Rebecca (everyday reader)
Sep 18, 2010 Rebecca (everyday reader) rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
The Bear family teaches important lessons!!
Heather Richard
Feb 19, 2011 Heather Richard rated it really liked it
One of the best!
Michelle
Aug 30, 2012 Michelle rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mariana
Mariana loves to read about the Berenstain Bears and their adventures!
Karen
Aug 19, 2007 Karen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books
I loved reading the Berenstain Bears to my kids. The stories are great and the illustrations are fun.
Willow
Sep 13, 2015 Willow rated it really liked it
My favorite part is when Grizzly Bob tells a story and there's animals that he's telling about from the fire.
Cws
Jan 22, 2009 Cws added it
Shelves: jar-fiction
JAR4-Ber
Benjamin Plume
Jul 30, 2011 Benjamin Plume rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens
I don't know if this had anything to do with it, but I never had any problems at any of the camps I went to.
Dimps
Feb 15, 2008 Dimps rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
One of my childhood favorites. :)
Joshua
Mar 17, 2011 Joshua rated it it was amazing
I kind of like day camp.
Adrienne
Jan 19, 2014 Adrienne rated it really liked it
Nice fun book about going to day camp for the first time.
Jaime
Apr 12, 2012 Jaime rated it really liked it
We love all berenstain bear books!
angrykitty
Feb 22, 2008 angrykitty rated it it was amazing
omg this was so my fav bear book. i loved everything about it, and so wanted to go to camp because of it. unfortunately, when i did finally get to go to camp, it was nothing like the bears camp.
Clara Manak
Clara Manak rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2014
John
John rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2009
  • The Berenstain Bears: Safe and Sound!
  • Clifford's Manners (Clifford the Big Red Dog)
  • Grandma, Grandpa, and Me
  • Trick or Treat, Little Critter (Little Critter)
  • Meet Babar and His Family
  • I Can Do It Myself:  Featuring Jim Henson's Sesame Street Muppets
  • Arthur's Family Vacation (Arthur Adventure Series)
  • Curious George Goes to a Costume Party (Curious George 8x8)
  • Ten Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed (Classic Books with Holes)
  • Squeakers
  • My Goodnight Book
More about Stan Berenstain...

The Berenstain Bears (1 - 10 of 73 books)
  • The Berenstain Bears' New Baby