Of Course I Try

Of Course I Try (Blood Kissed)

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  28 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Love is a wonderful thing. Unless you don't get a choice in the matters of your own heart.

Jocelyn has loved Max since the day she met him. Even when he scares her enough to leave, she can't resist going back. No matter how many times she tries to break free from him, she ends up in his arms and bed again.

Not this time. Jocelyn needs to be free, and Max isn't going to stop...more
Published August 2010 by Decadent Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Of Course I Try, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Of Course I Try

Julie
Whoa. That’s exactly what I said when I was finished reading “Of Course I Try” by Seleste de Laney. Just…whoa.

When I saw that this short story was only 20 pages long, I really didn’t know what to think. I was actually kind of excited that I could start and finish something before going to bed. But I never expected the quick yet intense emotional ride that I did experience.

From the moment the story starts, you are drawn in. Jocelyn is engrossed with Max. But she doesn’t want to be. She wants to b...more
Wicked Lil Pixie (Natasha)
Joint Review Posted on wickedlilpixie.com

Spaz: I went out of my usual comfort zone reading this short story. I don’t usually go for short stories, and I prefer full-length novels over anthologies. In addition, I very rarely pick up erotica unless it is part of a series blended with another genre.

WLP: *nods* me too, short stories don’t usually do “it” for me.

Spaz: With that being said, what a pleasant surprise Of Course I Try is! Because of its length I don’t want to talk too much about the story...more
Sandy
Sep 14, 2010 Sandy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: own
I don't read much short stories and I've never read erotica before but I have to say that this was an excellently written story and I completely enjoyed it. The author's writing style is beautiful and the story, from a very eye opening beginning, had me glued to the pages until the very end. Jocelyn, the main character, can't seem to stop loving (lusting?) Max no matter how hard she tries because every time she leaves she keeps coming back and although I could perfectly see why she kept coming b...more
Pamela / SpazP
Me and WLP have joint reviewed this short story at: http://wickedlilpixie.com/2010/09/02/...

WLP: *nods* me too, short stories don’t usually do “it” for me.

Melissa Hayden
Jocelyn visits to say goodbye, but the time turns private and heated between them and the reason she came flies from her mind. Jocelyn wakes to a love note from Max on the pillow along with a blank in time.

We go with Jocelyn with all intent and purpose of breaking it off with Max, then things turn intimate and forgotten. Jocelyn remembers how she meet Max and even though he has the bad boy look, Jocelyn finally learns he's more inside and maybe someone for her, her type after all?

Then we jump to...more
Aine
I was recently asked by a friend to review her first published work. It is epublished by Decadent Publishing, a company specializing in erotic fiction (if you can't tell by their name). Seleste deLaney is a penname for... actually, I can't tell you that. =P But you can read an excerpt here.

She pitched it to me as an adult story with some paranormal thrown in. The paranormal is the part that attracts me to a lot of stories. Jocelyn is our MC, and she is in love with Max. Or perhaps it's just "in...more
Melissa
Apr 21, 2011 Melissa rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone!
Recommended to Melissa by: Seleste deLaney
From the beginning it draws you in, and it does not let you go. You instantly want to know what is going on. I am happy to say not in a confusing way. Jocelyn the main character is complex, and original. Max, lead male of this story brings mystery. Together they wrap this story in a blissful read. Seleste deLaney writing style is new and refreshing. I did not have a problem following the storyline. The pace is even flowing. The ending with leave you yearning for more. The book cover? Completely...more
Book Perfection Perfection
This is a very short read and the first time I have read this author. Well, it won't be the last! Despite not being a huge fan of first person point of view stories, this drew me in from the first page. Ms. DeLaney has a beautifully descriptive writing style that draws the reader in and will not let you go. I really felt Jocelyn's confusion and her struggle to free herself of Max's drugging influence. Max was all that is yummy in a hero, and I did wonder why Jocelyn felt the need to leave, but i...more
Jenn Baker
When I first read this book, I didn't like it. I was confused by the story time line. I felt that I was dropped in the middle of a story. The writing was well done and the characters were interesting, but I felt lost. At first I was reluctant to write a review. How ever a few weeks later I re-read the book and enjoyed it. It is not the best book I have ever read, but it was an enjoyable read. I would have liked more information on Max, more than that he had amazing blue eyes. I wanted to know hi...more
JoAnne Kenrick
I admire anyone who can write in the present tense, and do it well == Plus, I love reading present tense, it draws me further into the story. This was a short, but not lacking, story. I don't know how Seleste managed to get a tear in my eye with such few words, but she did. I know, I know...it's short. but I really did wish it was longer. Not because it didn't get the story across, but because I was enjoying it!
Wminbc
I loved this short...I have re-read several times and there is something about the longing and wanting for things to be different and yet the complete lack of willpower to resist...LOVED.
This one must be read to understand. Enjoy!
RogueHireling
I didn't realize this was a short story at first.

Never the less its a great read. =)
Katie(babs)
Wish it was longer. Too short!
Gail
Gail marked it as to-read
Apr 21, 2014
Laura marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Linh
Linh marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
Renee
Renee marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014
M. Andrew Patterson
M. Andrew Patterson marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2014
Mandi Smith
Mandi Smith marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2013
Mary Mooney
Mary Mooney marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2013
Tamara
Tamara marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2013
Pale Fairy
Pale Fairy marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2013
Amy S.
Amy S. marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2012
L
L marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2012
Author of speculative romance (aka Julie Particka, young adult author).

My quirky spy series, For Keeps, is published by Entangled: GAMING FOR KEEPS and CONNING FOR KEEPS (coming 2/3/14)! As are my books with the Brazen line.

My steampunk romance series is from Carina Press: BADLANDS and CLOCKWORK MAFIA.

The Blood Kissed novels (KISS OF DEATH and, coming soon, KISS OF LIFE) are available from Munda...more
More about Seleste deLaney...
Badlands (Badlands #1) Seducing Her Rival Gaming for Keeps (Agents of TRAIT #1) Conning For Keeps (Agents of TRAIT, #2) Clockwork Mafia (Badlands #2)