Start by marking “Of Course I Try (Blood Kissed, #0.1)” as Want to Read:
Of Course I Try (Blood Kissed, #0.1)

Of Course I Try (Blood Kissed #1)

Love is a wonderful thing. Unless you don't get a choice in the matters of your own heart.

Jocelyn has loved Max since the day she met him. Even when he scares her enough to leave, she can't resist going back. No matter how many times she tries to break free from him, she ends up in his arms and bed again.

Not this time. Jocelyn needs to be free, and Max isn't going to stop
Published August 2010 by Decadent Publishing, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Of Course I Try, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Of Course I Try

Julie
Oct 11, 2010 Julie rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2010
Whoa. That’s exactly what I said when I was finished reading “Of Course I Try” by Seleste de Laney. Just…whoa.

When I saw that this short story was only 20 pages long, I really didn’t know what to think. I was actually kind of excited that I could start and finish something before going to bed. But I never expected the quick yet intense emotional ride that I did experience.

From the moment the story starts, you are drawn in. Jocelyn is engrossed with Max. But she doesn’t want to be. She wants to b
Pamela / SpazP
Sep 02, 2010 Pamela / SpazP rated it really liked it
Me and WLP have joint reviewed this short story at: http://wickedlilpixie.com/2010/09/02/...

Spaz: I went out of my usual comfort zone reading this short story. I don’t usually go for short stories, and I prefer full-length novels over anthologies. In addition, I very rarely pick up erotica unless it is part of a series blended with another genre.

WLP: *nods* me too, short stories don’t usually do “it” for me.

Wicked Lil Pixie (Natasha)
Sep 16, 2010 Wicked Lil Pixie (Natasha) rated it really liked it
Joint Review Posted on wickedlilpixie.com

WLP: *nods* me too, short stories don’t usually do “it” for me.

Spaz: With that being said, what a pleasant surprise Of Course I Try is! Because of its length I don’t want to talk too much about the story
Sandy
Sep 14, 2010 Sandy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
I don't read much short stories and I've never read erotica before but I have to say that this was an excellently written story and I completely enjoyed it. The author's writing style is beautiful and the story, from a very eye opening beginning, had me glued to the pages until the very end. Jocelyn, the main character, can't seem to stop loving (lusting?) Max no matter how hard she tries because every time she leaves she keeps coming back and although I could perfectly see why she kept coming b ...more
Melissa Hayden
Sep 16, 2012 Melissa Hayden rated it really liked it
Jocelyn visits to say goodbye, but the time turns private and heated between them and the reason she came flies from her mind. Jocelyn wakes to a love note from Max on the pillow along with a blank in time.

We go with Jocelyn with all intent and purpose of breaking it off with Max, then things turn intimate and forgotten. Jocelyn remembers how she meet Max and even though he has the bad boy look, Jocelyn finally learns he's more inside and maybe someone for her, her type after all?

Then we jump to
Wminbc
Sep 22, 2010 Wminbc rated it it was amazing
My First Review...
WOW, was my first reaction after reading this short. Here is a real talent. I did some checking on Goodreads and found that this is the first short for “Seleste deLaney”. This will be an author to follow. I don’t usually like first person stories since I love to get inside the head of all the characters, but it is Jocelyn thoughts and her internal dialogue that make the story.

Since it is a short and the reader is drawn through the rather quick paces, I don’t want to give away
Aine
Sep 06, 2010 Aine rated it really liked it
I was recently asked by a friend to review her first published work. It is epublished by Decadent Publishing, a company specializing in erotic fiction (if you can't tell by their name). Seleste deLaney is a penname for... actually, I can't tell you that. =P But you can read an excerpt here.

She pitched it to me as an adult story with some paranormal thrown in. The paranormal is the part that attracts me to a lot of stories. Jocelyn is our MC, and she is in love with Max. Or perhaps it's just "in
Melissa
Mar 29, 2011 Melissa rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone!
Recommended to Melissa by: Seleste deLaney
From the beginning it draws you in, and it does not let you go. You instantly want to know what is going on. I am happy to say not in a confusing way. Jocelyn the main character is complex, and original. Max, lead male of this story brings mystery. Together they wrap this story in a blissful read. Seleste deLaney writing style is new and refreshing. I did not have a problem following the storyline. The pace is even flowing. The ending with leave you yearning for more. The book cover? Completely ...more
Book Perfection Perfection
May 30, 2012 Book Perfection Perfection rated it it was amazing
This is a very short read and the first time I have read this author. Well, it won't be the last! Despite not being a huge fan of first person point of view stories, this drew me in from the first page. Ms. DeLaney has a beautifully descriptive writing style that draws the reader in and will not let you go. I really felt Jocelyn's confusion and her struggle to free herself of Max's drugging influence. Max was all that is yummy in a hero, and I did wonder why Jocelyn felt the need to leave, but i ...more
Jenn Baker
Oct 15, 2010 Jenn Baker rated it liked it
When I first read this book, I didn't like it. I was confused by the story time line. I felt that I was dropped in the middle of a story. The writing was well done and the characters were interesting, but I felt lost. At first I was reluctant to write a review. How ever a few weeks later I re-read the book and enjoyed it. It is not the best book I have ever read, but it was an enjoyable read. I would have liked more information on Max, more than that he had amazing blue eyes. I wanted to know hi ...more
JoAnne Kenrick
Sep 19, 2010 JoAnne Kenrick rated it it was amazing
Shelves: five-star-rating
I admire anyone who can write in the present tense, and do it well == Plus, I love reading present tense, it draws me further into the story. This was a short, but not lacking, story. I don't know how Seleste managed to get a tear in my eye with such few words, but she did. I know, I know...it's short. but I really did wish it was longer. Not because it didn't get the story across, but because I was enjoying it!
Katie(babs)
Oct 11, 2010 Katie(babs) rated it really liked it
Wish it was longer. Too short!
RogueHireling
Jul 22, 2011 RogueHireling rated it it was amazing
I didn't realize this was a short story at first.

Never the less its a great read. =)
Samantha Gail
Samantha Gail rated it it was amazing
Aug 27, 2010
Sophie
Sophie rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2011
Colleen
Colleen rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2010
Katee Robert
Katee Robert rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2011
Ig-88
Ig-88 rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2014
Misha726
Misha726 rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2014
Janelle
Janelle rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2011
Bea
Bea rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2010
P.J. Schnyder
P.J. Schnyder rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2010
J.A. Campbell
J.A. Campbell rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2011
Danni
Danni rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2012
TLmyLXhd
TLmyLXhd rated it did not like it
Jun 30, 2014
Kelly Metz
Kelly Metz rated it really liked it
Jun 12, 2013
Danielle Paglia
Danielle Paglia rated it really liked it
Jun 07, 2012
Decadent Publishing LLC
Decadent Publishing LLC rated it it was amazing
Aug 24, 2010
B. Practical
B. Practical marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2010
Jolene
Jolene marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2011
Theresa
Theresa marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2011
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2011
Barbara
Barbara marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2011
Rachel
Rachel marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2011
Viviana Izzo
Viviana Izzo marked it as to-read
May 28, 2012
Marta Bacon
Marta Bacon marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2012
Cassandra
Cassandra marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2012
Tracey
Tracey marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2012
SD
SD marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2012
Amy S.
Amy S. marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2012
Pale Fairy
Pale Fairy marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2013
Tamara
Tamara marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2013
Mary Mooney
Mary Mooney marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2013
Author of speculative romance (aka Julie Particka, young adult author).

My quirky spy series, Agents of TRAIT, is published by Entangled: GAMING FOR KEEPS, CONNING FOR KEEPS, FIGHTING FOR KEEPS, and DYING FOR KEEPS (coming November 2015)!

My steampunk romance series is from Carina Press: BADLANDS and CLOCKWORK MAFIA.

The Blood Kissed novels (KISS OF DEATH, KISS OF LIFE, and coming soon TALES OF TH
More about Seleste deLaney...

Blood Kissed (4 books)
  • The Ghost of Vampire Present (Blood Kissed, #0.2)
  • Kiss of Death (Blood Kissed, #1)
  • Kiss of Life (Blood Kissed, #2)