Start by marking “Force: Dynamic Life Drawing for Animators” as Want to Read:
Force: Dynamic Life Drawing for Animators

Force: Dynamic Life Drawing for Animators

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  436 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Force: Dynamic Life Drawing for AnimatorsCapture the force in your life drawing subjects with this practical guide to dynamic drawing techniques - packed with superb, powerfully drawn examples that show you how to: * Bring your work to life with rhythmic drawing techniques * Create appealing and dynamic poses in your drawings* Experience the figure's energy in three dimens ...more
Published August 1st 2006 by Focal Press

To ask other readers questions about Force, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Force

Parka

(More pictures at parkablogs.com)

Here's a very useful book not just for animators, but for anyone who do character drawings. It's called Force: Dynamic Life Drawing for Animators, authored by Michael D. Mattesi.

First of all, this is a book for intermediate and advanced artists. Foundational knowledge of anatomy is required to fully appreciate and follow along with the lessons.

This book is about creating realistic poses for life drawing. Examples show how forces inside the body and outside (grav
Void lon iXaarii
very cool drawings and probably great way to think for some people but i just can't seem to wrap my mind about the multiple uses and meanings of the used word "force"/can't turn it into something my brain can use as I just get confused when it sometimes means a force like in physics/gravity, other times directionality and other times energy and "rhythm" type stuff.
Clint
Just the book I was looking for! I wanted an instructional-type book that didn't start off with blind-contour drawing and lead into "using a grid." This is not an art book for someone who wants to learn to draw; this is a book for someone who wants to learn to draw better. Coming from an animation background, Mattesi pushes some ideas I really like that focus on making the drawing come alive. His approach is less "draw what you see," and more "understand what you see and give it an opinion." I b ...more
Patricia
eddig a legjobb/leghasznosabb rajzolós könyv, amit találtam, bár inkább haladóknak szól, akik nagyon tudják az anatómiát, és már gyakorlottak a life-drawing-ban. persze kezdők is tudnak belőle hasznosítani 1-2 dolgot, ha meg valaki olyannal akar foglalkozni, amihez kicsit is kell tudni rajzolni, akkor ez kötelező könyv.
Ian
Took a short 4-class teaser from the author. Thought it was interesting but I prefer to draw from gesture/silhouette and found this a little idealistic at times.
Toby
changed my life... Seriously this book opened my eyes to push my drawings and see things I didn't before while drawing. The Force has had a HUGE influence on me!
Greg Tatum
Great ideas on figure drawing. I think it was worth it just for his advocacy of china marker on newsprint which is amazing.
Ahmed Gamal
very innovative approach to understand drawing.
it teaches you how to bring life to your drawings
Safoura
Excellent book
Molina
Fantastic!
AngelLeliel
AngelLeliel marked it as to-read
May 02, 2015
Kimberley Cornell
Kimberley Cornell marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Daria Kostetskaya
Daria Kostetskaya marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Michael Romanov
Michael Romanov marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2015
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Jay
Jay marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
  • Drawn to Life: 20 Golden Years of Disney Master Classes: The Walt Stanchfield Lectures - Volume 2
  • Creative Illustration
  • Cartooning the Head and Figure
  • Character Animation Crash Course!
  • Framed Ink: Drawing and Composition for Visual Storytellers
  • Directing the Story: Professional Storytelling and Storyboarding Techniques for Live Action and Animation
  • Cartoon Animation
  • Dynamic Wrinkles and Drapery: Solutions for Drawing the Clothed Figure
  • The Art of Animal Drawing: Construction, Action Analysis, Caricature
  • Figure Drawing: Design And Invention
  • Timing for Animation
  • Story (Walt Disney Animation Studios: The Archive Series)
  • Dream Worlds: Production Design for Animation
  • Classic Human Anatomy: The Artist's Guide to Form, Function, and Movement
  • Character Mentor: Learn by Example to Use Expressions, Poses, and Staging to Bring Your Characters to Life
  • The Animator's Survival Kit: A Manual of Methods, Principles, and Formulas for Classical, Computer, Games, Stop Motion and Internet Animators
  • The DC Comics Guide to Digitally Drawing Comics
  • Vanishing Point: Perspective for Comics from the Ground Up
Force: Character Design from Life Drawing Force: Animal Drawing: Animal Locomotion and Design Concepts for Animators Force:  The Key To Capturing Life Through Drawing Animators Drawing Bundle

“It is easy to obtain mediocrity and challenging to stare into the visage of splendor.” 0 likes