Start by marking “Dracula (Classic Starts)” as Want to Read:
Dracula (Classic Starts)

Dracula (Classic Starts)

3.89  ·  Rating Details  ·  175 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Dracula, that compelling creature of the night, continues his neck-biting ways in a version of the novel that children will devour. Moving from Transylvania to London, the timeless vampire serves up thrills and chills as he imprisons and terrorizes the innocent Jonathan Harker, and then goes after his fiancee, Mina, and her friend Lucy. From creepy, insect-eating Renfield ...more
Published February 1st 2007 by Sterling

To ask other readers questions about Dracula, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dracula

Ivan
Oct 02, 2011 Ivan rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
visit my blog: Ivan Bookworm

I know that a lot of people know the story of Dracula. Some of you might have discussed it with your literature teacher. But not me. Since my childhood, I heard this vampire Dracula but never had the chance to read his story. So last month, while wandering a local bookstore to buy some Time for Kids Almanac, I came across a shelf that house these books published by Sterling. They are all retold of classics. I found myself interested with the books so I took sometime t
Luan Lucas
Jul 31, 2014 Luan Lucas rated it really liked it
Today, our office had a familiarization tour a.k.a field trip to various museums and parks here in Davao.

Anyways, in the bus, while everybody was busy chatting and feeling excited by our trip I was busy doing my thing; snuck up on my corner of the bus, reading.

I was reading the abridged and starter version of DRACULA. I borrowed it from our Admin Officer’s sixth-grade son.

The book was a fun read. I finished the 200-pager in an hour and a half, give or take a few minutes. It was a chill and quick
Katya
Jan 01, 2016 Katya rated it it was ok
I've only read this editon (Classic starts). For me, it's like a normal or typical vampire story. However, this story had this certain mystery in it that made me interested. The book contained some violence(blood sucking). It was an okay story for me. I, myself, am not a fan or paranormal or horror books... So yeah.. Didn't exactly loved this one.
Jonah
Dec 02, 2015 Jonah rated it really liked it
i really am enjoying Dracula. at first i didn't want to read it because i thought it was going to be boring because it was a "classic" but after 3-4 chapters i started enjoying it. in the story one of the main charecters Jonathan has to go on a work trip and he came across an old women she said "take this garlic and crucifix" he did not take it he went to the carrige to were he will be staying in a castle (where Dracula aka the count) the other people in the carige are all frightened but Jonatha ...more
Rachel
Jul 01, 2011 Rachel rated it liked it
This is a juvenile fiction book in the "Classic Starts" series.

This is the first Classic Starts book that I can remember reading. I'm not sure if I read these as a kid. When I was browsing the juvenile stacks the other day, I came across this book. Happy to see that there was a classic, retold for kids, I snatched it up thinking I could read it really quick and pass it on to Isaac if I thought it was worth the read.

I read it in a day - fast read for an adult and probably the same for a kid. I
Cecilia
Jun 15, 2010 Cecilia rated it it was amazing
Dracula was about a count and he was a vampire. Jonathan, the person who went to the counts castle, found out who the count was. Jonathan wanted to get in the counts room but it was locked so he climbed down from his room window and climbed in the counts window but he wasnt in his room. From his room there were stairs that lead down to the chapel and Jonuthan found the count laying in a coffin with his eyes open but the count did not move.Jonathan coud not find out if the count was dead or alive ...more
Lori
Oct 27, 2015 Lori rated it did not like it
Shelves: happybookers
Ok I was supposed to read the full Dracula book... and I started, but it was slow going so...when I ran across this at the library I went for it. Saved me alot of time I think but the writing was poor. But then again it was only supposed to be a synopsis so it fulfilled its duty.
Chris
Dec 13, 2010 Chris added it
The book Dracula is a mystery book and also a photographer goes to visit his old friend Dracula. The photographer’s name is Peter. He meets with a woman that lived in the village she said “people have died in Dracula’s castle.” Then Peter saw a cat that was hungry. Peter picked up the black cat and then he put some meat
I think Peter is a person that lives peacefully. He loves his family so my much he love his tow dodders and his wife.
I recommend this book to all the people in good reads becaus
Matt R
Dec 15, 2014 Matt R rated it it was amazing
it was a very good book with lots of horror and adventure. many people died and got bitten by Dracula. dracula is very scary and un predictable. i would definitely recommend this blood sucking thriller to people.
Adnana Dason
Feb 02, 2015 Adnana Dason rated it liked it
Always the same classic...but I recently finished Vlad's original Romanian story, and it worth every penny! http://bit.ly/XiyE4B
Ella
Apr 27, 2015 Ella rated it liked it
It was a nice retelling of the story, and really opened up my appetite to read the original book!!!
Irene
Feb 01, 2016 Irene rated it it was ok
Ow well... I grabbed this book just to kill time such as waiting in a queue, etc...
Kátia Cristina
Jul 14, 2015 Kátia Cristina rated it really liked it
Lovely! Everyone takes the plot for granted, but it's deeper than the Hollywood versions.
J
Nov 13, 2008 J rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: parents to read aloud to older children
Some of the classic starts can be pretty dull, but this one was quite exciting. It keeps some of the intense situations of the original without getting to graphic for children. I read this aloud to my sons 9 and 7. All three of us enjoyed the reading. It was particularly good timing as we read it right before Halloween.
Youssif The father of Maha
Jonathon goes to London to meet a count.When he is at the count's house though he realizes that the the count was really a vampire what will happen? Will Jonathon be killed?Find out when u read the book!
Audrey
Jan 14, 2009 Audrey rated it it was amazing
This was a book that gave me the chills. It was very creepy.
It was also the best book EVER! I like to read spooky books because it's fun to get scared, well, for me.
Nance
Jun 12, 2010 Nance rated it really liked it
I had not read this book since high school and truly found my re-read enjoyable. The use of multiple perspectives adds depth that I completely missed in my first read.
Roselyn
Jul 17, 2016 Roselyn rated it it was ok
Shelves: bought-new
I merely read it for some knowledge about Count Dracula. This abridged version is really well written although I have nothing to compare it to, say, the original one.
Concordian Library
45 Copies Available
2014-2015: Used in G6

Unit 4: Garlic, Swords, and Other Necessities (LL Y1)
G6 LL Set
Yoshay L.L
Feb 25, 2013 Yoshay L.L rated it it was amazing
My son loved it so much that we finished the book in three short evenings.
Logan
Jan 30, 2009 Logan rated it it was amazing
I liked this book a lot because I like vampires.
Gricel3
Jan 15, 2013 Gricel3 rated it it was amazing
It was awesome how he was feared and powerful.
Sydney709
Jun 04, 2012 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2012-new
SM
biltung
biltung rated it liked it
Aug 23, 2016
Myn Hwa
Myn Hwa rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2016
Eli
Eli marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2016
Desca
Desca added it
Aug 03, 2016
Lauren Gailey
Lauren Gailey rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Frankenstein (Classic Starts Series)
  • The Prince and the Pauper (Classic Starts Series adaptations)
  • The Jungle Book (Classic Starts Series)
  • The Phantom of the Opera
  • Alice in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass (Classic Starts Series)
  • The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
  • Gulliver's Travels (Classic Starts Series)
  • The Three Musketeers (Classic Starts)
  • The Secret Garden (Classic Starts Series)
  • The Swiss Family Robinson (Classic Starts Series)

Classic Starts (1 - 10 of 54 books)
  • 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (Classic Starts Series)
  • The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (Classic Starts Series)
  • The Adventures of Robin Hood (Classic Starts Series)
  • The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
  • The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
  • Alice in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass (Classic Starts Series)
  • Animal Stories (Classic Starts Series)
  • Anne of Avonlea (Classic Start Series)
  • Anne of Green Gables (Classic Starts)
  • Arabian Nights (Classic Starts Series)